Australian Tourist Visa Application

I've just read (part) of your post titled: In love with thai girl married to thai man

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720820-in-love-with-thai-girl-married-to-thai-man/

Included in it was your post "Posted 2014-05-09 16:11:43

"Not much happening try to get an Aus tourist visa for her, shes got no money in her account though and wants me to put 100,000 to 200,000baht in her account. She says she'll pay me back but im reluctant to do it."

Please disregard my previous advice about reapplyingfacepalm.gif

And this is the reason Khun Will27 is a hansum man with good heart!

Seems DIAC are turning the tide: "No money, no honey"

tekNique: You've been given the answers by DIAC, you can either choose to heed those answers (going from a 124 baht account to a 60k baht account would have set off alarm bells) and that you've only known her since April (internet dating does not count) did also not go down well with DIAC. That 60k baht would have been better spent on you visiting your girlfriend here in Thailand - further establishing the relationship - but then again she was wanting you to put 100-200k in her account plus her husband was asking for $US30k. That should have set alarm bells for you.

But as the saying here goes "up to you"

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Sir,

f you wish to apply for a temporary visa to Austria, kindly read the information on this site carefully. If you follow the guidelines listed on this site, you will be able to submit your documents accurately. This will reduce the chances of your application being rejected due to inadequate or faulty submission of documents. This is to keep you informed that visa applicants holding Diplomatic or official passport can submit their application at the VFS Austria centre.

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

I recently ran into some problems applying for a tourist visa for my girlfriend. Her visa application has been rejected twice.

A little background on the issue.
I'm 26 and I'm from Singapore, so I got my electronic visa, pretty straightforward thing. I'm being invited to Sydney as a judge for an international ornamental fish show and so I planned to bring my girlfriend of 2 years there for a holiday as well. I intend to propose to her there also (she doesn't know about it, its meant to be a surprise).

My girlfriend is 24, student. She's helping me in my business (ornamental fish exporter) when she is not studying.

The first application was rejected as in the application form, we wrote that I'll be paying for her expenses, but the reason for rejection was that there is insufficient evidence that I'm her boyfriend.

So in the second application, we have 4 Australian citizens named as our sponsors, a letter of invitation from the society that invited me to judge at that show (her name is included in that letter), airfare and accommodation bookings and receipts (not low cost airline and pretty high end hotel), a letter from myself stating that I'm bringing her on a holiday, and even pictures of us from the past 2 years.

However, the second application was rejected again, saying that they think she has no incentive to return to Thailand after the trip.

I feel pretty pissed as it seems that they have doubts on the integrity of the sponsors and myself. I also don't think the officer that rejected the application did go through all of the documents submitted as the officer only state 2 sponsors out of the 4 sponsors in the rejection letter.

I've been planning for this trip since May, and we booked our airfare during early June. The trip is scheduled to fly on the 27th of August, so it leaves us about a week to get it done. There isn't enough time to file another application through VFS.

I've also prepared a ring for the proposal, arranged with my friends over there to book a nice restaurant over looking Sydney Harbour, and hired photographers while I propose to her on the last night of our trip (2nd Sept). I've been very troubled by this. Is there anyway I can file another application that can be approved in time?

Thanks in advance

A reason that DIAC could be questioning your bonafides is that if one plugs into google "International Ornamental Fish Show Sydney" nothing much comes up that matches. This likely sets alarm bells ringing.

Just saying...

Think khun David48 is on the right path with his advice to contact a visa agent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

My wife is applying for a tourist visa and I am going to lodge on her behalf at the VFS centre.

I was wondering if it is neccesary to get there early or not.

My wife applyed for a UK visa last year and the wait time was long so was checking if the same was true for Australia.

Cheers

teatree, if you haven't been to the VFS recently, have a read of this ... australia-important-vfs-is-moving

The UK and the Aussies now share the same facility in a new location.

We applied for a Partner Visa and Citizenship by Descent there earlier this year.

Our wait at the front service desk was maybe a minute and once inside, maybe 20 mins.

Have a read of this post below as there might be some information that could benefit you.

Oh ... we rocked up maybe 10 or 10.30am

Compare the Pair. Lodgement at the Embassy vs. Lodgement at VFS.

VFS

Lodging at the VFS Office is a little different to that of lodging with the Australian Embassy. If you haven’t been to the VFS recently, it has moved.

Not only has it moved, we now share it with the UK Applicants.

The following information relates to the operations at the time of writing and these can change in the future and any updates by members would be appreciated.

These comments will also be candid.

When you exit the lifts onto the 28th floor where the VFS Office is located it’s like walking into a crowd, not a mosh pit, but a fairly ordered crowd, but it can be disorientating the first time.

The one time I was there directly opposite the lift is the VFS office and the small ‘Reception’ Area was full and a queue snaked down the corridor, a queue I was almost tempted to join … but didn’t.

Further investigation revealed that the ‘Reception’ Desk had two sides to it … a UK side (on the left) and an Aussies side on the right … there was no queue on the Aussies side smile.png

So, simply front up there, show your documents, the ‘Reception’ staff will quickly peruse them, give you an appropriate number and then point you in the direction of the security guard and scanner.

Once through that, there is a large vacant area which houses a few photocopy machines and Passport photo booths.

Pass through this and enter the seated waiting area inside.

Once inside, it’s sort of like waiting for a teller in a Bank. You have your number, and you wait for it to be shown on the screen and/or for you to be called by the INCREDIBLY LOUD PA system.

Don’t worry if the numbers appear a little out of sync because there are letter codes and also numbers on your tickets, just be vigilant.

Once called, simply rock to the VFS Staff Officer seated at your numbered booth.

If you thought it was loud in the seating area, just wait till you try and communicate with the staff as their speakers are fixed to the wall directly above the Staff!

I mentioned this and of course, I got the apologetic shoulder shrug of sorry but can not fix.

There are two main advantages of going through the VFS.

One is that, if you need something certified, they will (usually) do it for free.

(Actually, I got quite a few papers certified that didn’t pertain to the application, but I’d be buggered if I was going to pay the Australian Embassy Bt 800 to sign a piece of paper for me).

The staff were quite accommodating to do this.

The second benefit is that you can track the application. When you follow the tracking, it will always say the ‘Visa Application’ when you have lodged a Citizenship by Descent Application … don’t worry.

The down side is that you have to pay for this service and, at the time of writing, that fee was Bt600.

What I didn’t like was how they ‘pushed’ their nominated courier (Bt 300) to me to use as the return.

I declined and showed the stamped, self addressed envelope.

The lady insisted, I declined further and went on to say that while this maybe a policy of VFS it is not that of the Australian Government.

At this stage the Manager was called and gave me the same spiel. I repeated the above … with just a bit more vigour.

The manager relented, instructed me to write on a ‘Post-It’ note that I didn’t want a courier, then produced a stamp which basically said ‘No Courier’.

That was the end of the tension.

Be polite, but firm.

You can pay the fee in Cash at VFS.

As for Parking and Entertainment, here is one option.

There is the Sportsman Bar on the Ground Floor.

Recent news from their website is …

To complement the arrival of the UK Visa Application Centre (VFS Global) to Trendy in Sukhumvit Soi 13, we are now serving breakfast from 9.00am every morning at The Sportsman.

and

Location and Parking

We are about 150 metres into soi 13, past the Breakers and Spankys bars on the right. We are behind the water fountain at the end of the Trendy Building next door to 'Mumbai's Great Punjab' Indian restaurant.

For those driving: the building we are in offers 3 free hours of parking (it is then 30 baht an hour after that).

I’ve never been inside the place, but others have reported an enjoyable atmosphere there and I can see the logic in waiting there rather then with the missus.

If you are not driving then maybe you take the BTS?

The closest station is NANA and use Exit 3. Soi 13 is at the bottom left of the map below.

bts-E3-nana1.gif

Credit

Plus a street map

map-big.jpg

Credit

If you like me, stayed on Soi 11 you can cut through the ground of the Ambassador Hotel. As you approach the Hotel's main entrance, veer right and walk towards the arcade of shops, travel a small distance then take the left alleyway and you exit directly opposit the Tredy Building. But there are 2 entrances to the building and you want the one closer to Sukhumvit Road.

Once inside, the lifts, from memory are split, so make sure you gather round the one going to the top floor, rather then floors 2 -15 (for example).

EDITED to add ... if you want a one off printable map, here is the one from our UK friends ... MAP

Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Road Soi 13,
Klongtoey Nua, Wattana,
Bangkok, 10110,
Thailand

Also, things change, it's always wise to confirm some info ... VFS Website

If anyone else has info to add on using the VFS Service or anything else, please comment.

I was just reading through your post David and you said they were pushing the courier fee. Could I just go and pick up the passport when visa is issued?

Also, I read a few posts about translation. My wife's mortgage and car ownership details are in Thai (for the reasons to return to Thailand), would they need to be translated?

She's applying for a tourist visa btw.

Sure ... no problem for picking the Passport up.

We were having the boys Citizenship Papers when they were pushing.

Personally, I would take the punt that I would mention the Mortgage and the car ownership, without going to the expense of having those documents translated.

You could get those later if it was a focal point to the application.

If your wife has travelled outside Thailand, complied with the Visa ... mention that.

If she has travelled to a Western Country ... UK, USA, etc and complied with the Visa ... that is a BIG TICK and make sure that is mentioned.

David is correct re Bank Passbook. Must show original. Even if zero funds! Yes go figure.

The VFS has two photo copy machines. A lady photocopies anything you may overlook. 3 baht a sheet

Very helpful vfs staff.

Also remember to take two copies of passport detail page. One goes with application and one they give back with invoice attached.

Must keep this and bring with you for letter pickup.

We had them post it out. Cost 200baht also didnt delay process. Took 9 days from vfs lodge day to letter in hand

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

As I mentioned before my wife got her visa. Now, my wife's mum , sister and her fiance also applied and only her mum was approved

Her sister wa rejected because although she has 100k thb in the bank and visited the UK with us last year, she doesn't have a job and is considered an overstay risk. She is somewhat of a kept lady by her fiance.

Her fiance was denied because although he has a job (policeman) he rather stupidly (I wasn't involved in their applications) made his applicaion with MINUS 77K baht in his bank!

Is it worth reapplying? If I write a cover letter and if the fiance puts a load of money in his bank is there much point in trying again?

Cheers.

Sounds like you need more evidence and may need to detail everything. Money isn't the only factor.

You say money was the reason, was that because DIBP said so or just a guess? They need to prove they have funds to support themselves or have a sponsor during there stay, inclding airfares. They also need to show genuinely they are planning to be a visitor temporary. But I would also be detailing they are fiance', his job, any assets, family in thailand, etc etc in thailand on top of that as incentive to return. Explain the means of financial support and also the incentive to return to thailand. A letter adds weight. Multiple letters from friends and family, like his boss also adds weight.

Sometimes evidence isn't enough if you don't explain what the evidence is, and how it applies in the circumstance. Hope it helps.

Hi guys

As I mentioned before my wife got her visa. Now, my wife's mum , sister and her fiance also applied and only her mum was approved

Her sister wa rejected because although she has 100k thb in the bank and visited the UK with us last year, she doesn't have a job and is considered an overstay risk. She is somewhat of a kept lady by her fiance.

Her fiance was denied because although he has a job (policeman) he rather stupidly (I wasn't involved in their applications) made his applicaion with MINUS 77K baht in his bank!

Is it worth reapplying? If I write a cover letter and if the fiance puts a load of money in his bank is there much point in trying again?

Firstly ... (most) Visa applications are individually based.

I've got no direct experience with your new personal circumstances but ...

The SiL's fiance might have a reasonable go at getting the Tourist Visa because, being a policeman with approved holidays from his Boss and the appropriate covering letter, plus address the correct Bank Balance.

But the SiL ... think for the reason for her to return to Thailand. It doesn't have to be a waged/salaried job ... there are many other reasons which show genuine intent to return to Thailand.

Documents to Submit

So what paperwork, photos etc should you include with the 48R Application?

Firstly grab the document (48R) at http://www.immi.gov....rms/pdf/48r.pdf and there is a checklist attached on page 5.

Left hand column are the must haves. The right hand column will vary and be a contentious point here.

The gf submitted the following:-

• 48R
  • Passport photos 1.5"
  • Passport and copy
  • Scan of MY passport
  • Copy identification card
  • Copy Registration
  • Employment letter
  • Bank Passbook
  • Bank Account 6 months
  • Copies of my Bank Statements
  • My letter of invitation to visit Australia
  • A travel Itinerary
  • Copy of plane ticket
  • Photos of us
  • Yahoo chat and Email between us
  • Bank Cheque
Also an attached a brief letter explaining specifically why she required a multiple entry Visa as the room provided for with the box below Q3 in the 48R is simply not enough. The answer also relates to Q22.

If you are applying for a multi, as one of the posters (gburns57au) pointed out, don’t forget to tick the box for yes in Q3 if you want to enter on more then one occasion.

For some reason they wanted a scan of the cover page (my details) of my Passport.

The employment letter stated that she was allowed holidays and had a job to return to.

The registration is the Family book they all keep their names in … I forget the Thai name for this.

Her actual Bank Passbook ... yep, the original.

My Bank Statements had my Account and BSB (Branch) number removed

The plane ticket was included as we are confident of getting the Visa … just don’t know which one.

The photos of us were specific to different festivals, Songkran, Christmas etc, so that they could see an enduring relationship over a period of time. Plus whole of Family photos.

The emails were spaced again, about one a month.

No travel insurance included, nor payslips (I don’t have any) nor tax returns (not up to date some years … quiet about that one please).

Everyone will submit different accompanying support documents.

Worth a read is this website http://www.ozvisatha...pplication.html as they offer a slightly differing view.

I’ve reduced the font size a little so the posts don’t appear so big.

Will27 always provides valuable input and thanks for correcting my mistake above.

Copy of plane tickets? why would you have plane tickets without a visa, that is the whole point of applying for the tourist visa, that seems like a dumb thing to ask for....

Hi guys

Cheers.

Is there a set minimum you can have in your Thai bank account, to which they won't deny your application? like is 100k Baht ok for application purposes? and should I include the Thai girlfriend's bank account copy too, or since I'm inviting her and covering all costs, are her bank details even required?

David is correct re Bank Passbook. Must show original. Even if zero funds! Yes go figure.

The VFS has two photo copy machines. A lady photocopies anything you may overlook. 3 baht a sheet

Very helpful vfs staff.

Also remember to take two copies of passport detail page. One goes with application and one they give back with invoice attached.

We had them post it out. Cost 200baht also didnt delay process. Took 9 days from vfs lodge day to letter in hand

what is a passport detail page?

Very helpful vfs staff.

what is a passport detail page?

The photo page...

Documents to Submit

13. Copy of plane ticket.

Copy of plane tickets? why would you have plane tickets without a visa, that is the whole point of applying for the tourist visa, that seems like a dumb thing to ask for....

Jayroo ... you are correct 100%.

I'll ask a Mod to Modify the post you refer to because I always recommend to delay buying the plane ticket until the Visa is granted.

I wrote that as that is what we submitted ... maybe I got a hot deal on the ticket, too good an opportunity to pass on.

Thanks for highlighting this ... thumbsup.gif

Documents to Submit

13. Copy of plane ticket.

Jayroo ... you are correct 100%.

I'll ask a Mod to Modify the post you refer to because I always recommend to delay buying the plane ticket until the Visa is granted.

I wrote that as that is what we submitted ... maybe I got a hot deal on the ticket, too good an opportunity to pass on.

Thanks for highlighting this ... thumbsup.gif

ah ok gottcha, thanks....do you know much about the whole submitting 6 months of bank statements? does it make a difference which country the bank is in? is it better ro submit more than one bank or it doesn't really matter? thanks in advance

ah ok gottcha, thanks....do you know much about the whole submitting 6 months of bank statements? does it make a difference which country the bank is in? is it better ro submit more than one bank or it doesn't really matter? thanks in advance

Mate ... who is the Bank Statements requested of?

If it's the applicant, presumably your thai Partner, all they usually want is the originial Bank Passbook.

If it's your financial statements requested because you are sponsoring her then, I believe, it would matter not where they came from.

When I submitted, I simply used the existing statements, maybe only 3 months worth ... but if they now suggest 6 months, so be it, removed my Acc # and BSB # but showed clearly my address and name, scanned them and sent them and emailed them to the Thai gf who then simply printed them out and included them with the application.

I think, at the time, the account showed $AUD 7,000 or there abouts.

All they are looking for is that you, as financial sponsor have the capacity.

Mate, we all here are happy to help.

For a Tourist Visa, there are lot's of guys who have done it and lot's of experiences, not just mine to share.

If your Thai Partner has a 'Regular Job', has a letter granting holidays and the guarantee of a job when she returns ... the Tourist Application is as simple as ticking the boxes.

• Like 1