Australian Tourist Visa Application

On 4/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, transam said:

An Ausy friend thought he was going to fly into BKK in early May, flight booked, meet his Thai GF (45) at swampy, go to Aus Embassy to get her a visa and take her back to Aus for a holiday.

I have no idea how the Aus visa system works, or how long one has to wait for the visa. Talking on Messenger has been difficult to get through to the bloke that it may not be that easy, he is 74, she has no money or assets, but I am trying to help the bloke out.

So, can someone point out the basic procedures and timescales, so I can try and explain stuff.

Thanks in advance..????

Not going to happen, it doesn't and never has worked like that.

The age difference, lack of time together in person, her lack of reason to return (no money/assets). He needs to put in a few more trips first, gather evidence of relationship and  supporting her for a period longer than the visa plus some. 

If he hasn't looked into it himself, wish him luck and redraw, stupid people don't like to be told they are stupid. 

11 minutes ago, PhanomR said:

Not going to happen, it doesn't and never has worked like that.

The age difference, lack of time together in person, her lack of reason to return (no money/assets). He needs to put in a few more trips first, gather evidence of relationship and  supporting her for a period longer than the visa plus some. 

If he hasn't looked into it himself, wish him luck and redraw, stupid people don't like to be told they are stupid. 

You can forget the age difference, these two have been an item for about 6 years, he spends time in LOS and Aus, sadly he could not get back here due to Covid, he has just managed to jump through the hoops to return.

"They" just want a holiday in Aus together, thats it...????

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2022 at 5:04 PM, transam said:

You can forget the age difference, these two have been an item for about 6 years, he spends time in LOS and Aus, sadly he could not get back here due to Covid, he has just managed to jump through the hoops to return.

"They" just want a holiday in Aus together, thats it...????

I'm curious as well. A couple of the GF's relatives want to take a holiday in Australia and are looking to get Tourist visas. How long do these normally take to get?

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I'm curious as well. A couple of the GF's relatives want to take a holiday in Australia and are looking to get Tourist visas. How long do these normally take to get?

My friend ended up using an agent, the agent did all the paperwork, a week later the gf had to go and have her fingerprints taken, that was a month ago, still no sign of a visa yes or no.

Still had to pay 5000bht for visa, 3500bht for the agent....????

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Nemises said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is it true that you must have been divorced for at least 6 months before being eligible to obtain a tourist visa for your TGF to visit Australia?

No.

2 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Good to hear that. Any link/s I can show to the people who disagree with your answer? 

There's no links to say you have to be divorced for a visitor visa.

It's a visitor visa for her, not for you.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-overseas#Eligibility

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi forum, just wondering if anyone knows of a visa agent who can assist me (presently in AU for 2 years) get a tourist visa for my TGF (works [respectable, long term gov position] and lives in Khon Kaen). Any help appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, cregwillis said:

So far i had only a positive experience with these guys https://www.trustpilot.com/review/evisa.express. You might write them TrustPilot or on Facebook, they mostly answer straight or maximum in a couple of hours. I had so many unpleasant situations with the different embassies in the past and now trying to avoid them as much as possible.

From their website , seem to have no experience in what is required for a visa to Australia for a Thai National.

From your post history, nor do you. 

On 3/1/2023 at 8:03 AM, Nemises said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is it true that you must have been divorced for at least 6 months before being eligible to obtain a tourist visa for your TGF to visit Australia?

You can still be married to another person.

Its not you getting the visa, nor are you sponsoring it.

Its the Thai national that is applying for the visa. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 2:38 AM, rhodie said:

Quick update. Submitted Friday 9th, did BIO yesterday in Bangkok at VfsGlobal 12th, and just got an email that the visa granted today 13th. 

Only think to watch for is to print all the attachments to emails from VFSGlobal. Luckily they have a print service in the office.

sorry 5 years later but please share the fees from VFSGlobal.....I will check to see if I can find current prices

10 hours ago, d4dang said:

Thanks. I suspected that after going over the application, Looks like our odds are near zero.

You will get some decent information if you give some details about your relationship.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, d4dang said:

sorry 5 years later but please share the fees from VFSGlobal.....I will check to see if I can find current prices

I just did it again in January this year and if I'm not mistaken, the fee for the biometrics was 700 Baht. Good luck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Will27 said:

You will get some decent information if you give some details about your relationship.

Essarn girl 30. we have lived together for four years. No work history but owns a small house in Buriram. Bank account gets 300 Baht a month from gov't. Has a kid in US and one in Oz but she never married or left Thailand. I have lived in BKK for 13 years. Had a couple of real jobs but do the phone sales thing not boiler rooming. I own property in OZ. Rejected twice. Will using an agent help? That seems to be the last resort. Thanks and yes I did two apps online and no lies.

8 hours ago, d4dang said:

Essarn girl 30. we have lived together for four years. No work history but owns a small house in Buriram. Bank account gets 300 Baht a month from gov't. Has a kid in US and one in Oz but she never married or left Thailand. I have lived in BKK for 13 years. Had a couple of real jobs but do the phone sales thing not boiler rooming. I own property in OZ. Rejected twice. Will using an agent help? That seems to be the last resort. Thanks and yes I did two apps online and no lies.

When did you apply for the previous visas?

If you can cut and paste or post the reasons for refusal, that would be handy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:25 PM, nev said:

My wife is currently over here on a tourist visa and her visa runs out 4th may, It is multi entry as she was granted 3 years.

She has no way of leaving before that date as we cannot get a flight out now, What are her visa options to stay longer, I have read all the information on the immigration website seems they are leading her to apply for another tourist visa and $365 in their pockets seems a tad unfair to me.

is there another visa she can do? i know partner visa but funds are tight right now and only just over 4 weeks until her visa runs out time is short.

kind regards for any help. nev

How were you able to get a multiple entry tourist visa valid for 3 years? Looking at the Immigration website the maximum granted is for 12 months. What was the exact type of tourist visa you applied for your wife? Thanks

On 3/9/2022 at 8:47 PM, Chill27 said:

Just a quick update, as it may be helpful to others.

Received my GF's grant notification this morning Class 600 visitor visa. So exactly 2 months, submission to approval ????

We were delighted and amazed that she has been granted a Multiple Entry, maximum 3 month stay per visit. But the great thing is that the last date of admission is March 2025, so 3 years!

Does that mean that if she were to enter in Feb 25, she could stay until May 25? Does anyone know?

Also, I assume that if we wanted to stay longer than 3 months, we could perhaps take a 7 day cruise to Fiji or somewhere, then re enter for another 3 months. Has anyone done that,

Thanks

Same question too. How were you able to get a multiple entry tourist visa valid for 3 years? Looking at the Immigration website the maximum granted is for 12 months. What was the exact type of tourist visa you applied for your wife? Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 1:10 PM, bbi1 said:

Same question too. How were you able to get a multiple entry tourist visa valid for 3 years? Looking at the Immigration website the maximum granted is for 12 months. What was the exact type of tourist visa you applied for your wife? Thanks

because before the pandemic they were issuing 3 year multi-entry tourist visas, my TGF had one issued in Nov 2019. But since the pandemic it now seems they no longer issuing the 3-year visas, just the 12 month ones. Perhaps they will start doing it again sometime in the future.

• 3 months later...

I want to help my girlfriend get a tourist visa to come to Australia. I need to spend 2 years there to apply for an get portability of an old age pension. I will also have a part time job while there.

Has anybody done this recently? She is 20's no kids and probably wouldn't pass a reason to return hurdle. What am I up against? Last time I did this was in 1982, it took 15 minutes and cost nothing.

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2024 at 6:07 PM, ozimoron said:

I want to help my girlfriend get a tourist visa to come to Australia. I need to spend 2 years there to apply for an get portability of an old age pension. I will also have a part time job while there.

Has anybody done this recently? She is 20's no kids and probably wouldn't pass a reason to return hurdle. What am I up against? Last time I did this was in 1982, it took 15 minutes and cost nothing.

Its been covered here to ad nauseam, there has been no significant changes in the last 20 plus years.