Australian Tourist Visa Application

Mate ... who is the Bank Statements requested of?

If it's the applicant, presumably your thai Partner, all they usually want is the originial Bank Passbook.

If it's your financial statements requested because you are sponsoring her then, I believe, it would matter not where they came from.

When I submitted, I simply used the existing statements, maybe only 3 months worth ... but if they now suggest 6 months, so be it, removed my Acc # and BSB # but showed clearly my address and name, scanned them and sent them and emailed them to the Thai gf who then simply printed them out and included them with the application.

I think, at the time, the account showed $AUD 7,000 or there abouts.

All they are looking for is that you, as financial sponsor have the capacity.

Mate, we all here are happy to help.

For a Tourist Visa, there are lot's of guys who have done it and lot's of experiences, not just mine to share.

If your Thai Partner has a 'Regular Job', has a letter granting holidays and the guarantee of a job when she returns ... the Tourist Application is as simple as ticking the boxes.

Hi, I just sent ya a PM, thanks for your help..

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up, on one application the lady at VFS wanted to sight original documents, Id card , house papers etc to verify the copies i guess, lucky we had them there. always expect the unexpected , even with a simple tourist visa

Just a heads up, on one application the lady at VFS wanted to sight original documents, Id card , house papers etc to verify the copies i guess, lucky we had them there. always expect the unexpected , even with a simple tourist visa

i don't think vfs wanting to sight original documents is that unexpected, i would actually expect them to

So I got a 3 month visa for my teerak, stoked. Got a quick question. I live in Adelaide and that was stated in my support letter, but she has a friend flying to gold coast from bkk to so I was going to put the teerak on the same flight to yhrcgold coast then get her an onward flight to Adelaide. Would something like that raise the eyes of customs? Would it say in the electronic visa she's visiting Adelaide?

/cheers

So I got a 3 month visa for my teerak, stoked. Got a quick question. I live in Adelaide and that was stated in my support letter, but she has a friend flying to gold coast from bkk to so I was going to put the teerak on the same flight to yhrcgold coast then get her an onward flight to Adelaide. Would something like that raise the eyes of customs? Would it say in the electronic visa she's visiting Adelaide?

/cheers

Mate, I'm not an expert into the inner workings of immigration but ...

If your partner is is not exiting the Airport @ Coolangatta (OOL - Gold Coast) she won't be passing immigration, therefore won't encounter Immigration til she does. She will be 'in transit'.

Who does she fly with? (Airline)

Will she exit the Airport?

Her Visa will have no recording of the details of her support letter.

/cheers

Mate, I'm not an expert into the inner workings of immigration but ...

If your partner is is not exiting the Airport @ Coolangatta (OOL - Gold Coast) she won't be passing immigration, therefore won't encounter Immigration til she does. She will be 'in transit'.

Who does she fly with? (Airline)

Will she exit the Airport?

Her Visa will have no recording of the details of her support letter.

Just a little bit more info, all passengers foreign and resident will clear Customs and Immigration upon arrival if continuing onto a domestic flight. The only time a passenger wouldn't clear Customs & Immigration is if they were transiting said airport onto another international destination.

As for the question about visiting one point but arriving via another, given that there's no non-stop flights between BKK & ADL this would be completely normal and the authorities wouldn't bat an eyelid over this. My wife and I do BKK to ADL (generally via KUL but have also gone via BNE, SYD & MEL in the past) regularly enough and she's not had any issues.

OOL is a small enough airport that she shouldn't have too much hassle finding the domestic check in.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies,in my experience you always have to clear customs when changing from domestic to international or vice versa. Hence I'd rather of been at the airport in case there's any issues, but at least she can do customs with a Friend. Airline is air Asia but in the end it's costing just as much a if not more than a full priced carrier.

I think I wrote a cracking support letter (can share if anyone is interested) and covered all bases. But I think a lot of it comes down to who does the processing. Our first application in June was denied, this was our 2nd application.

Some users here may remember I'm the in love with a married Thai girl thread guy. (As it was mentioned last time I posted in this thread)

Edited by tekNique
  • Like 1

Mate, just one thing to drum into your Lassie if she is going to clear Customs/Immigration at the Airport.

Firstly, at the Immi Desk.

'Are you going to work in Australia'

'NO, I am Tourist.'

Many Thai Lassies say yes. Yes, I understand your question, as opposed to yes, I'm going to work in Australia.

Next one is when she is waiting to pick up her bags ... even though she has cleared Immi ... random Immi Officers stroll through the area and almost every time, I've seen them 'second interviewing' the Asian Ladys.

Some even have been taken to the separate room for the 'Big Chat'

Mine has, my mates has. Just tell her not to panic, not to worry and if she doesn't understand the question, ask for a repeat or ask for an interpreter.

The Immi guys are friendly, they won't pressure her ... but they are in uniform and your lady may find that a bit intimidating.

• Like 1

Second that David, i had a friends lady arrive and they asked, are you alone, whilst he was in toilet, and she said YES. Next thing you know all drama unfolded until he came out of toilet to straighten it out. They have a habbit of saying YES.

Side note-

Friend just applied yesterday for tourist - And had visa granted today. Crazy. I seen the letter. 24hrs to process an application.

I just checked the visitor visa fee (tourist stream) and it came out at 10600 Baht ($335)!! Looked on the Australian Immigration website (visa price estimator). Are they for real? Is that what it costs now? I remember helping my girlfriend at the time get a tourist visa

(subclass 676) back in 2007 and it was $70. I know that was 7 year ago, but if it's gone up that much, that's ridiculous.

Edited by yabbra

I just checked the visitor visa fee (tourist stream) and it came out at 10600 Baht ($335)!! Looked on the Australian Immigration website (visa price estimator). Are they for real? Is that what it costs now? I remember helping my girlfriend at the time get a tourist visa

(subclass 676) back in 2007 and it was $70. I know that was 7 year ago, but if it's gone up that much, that's ridiculous.

Well, you have shown me something.

I looked at the Immigration Pricing Estimator ... http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Pricing-Estimator.aspx

An application, lodged off-shore for a Visitor (subclass - 600) - Tourist Visa is showing as $335 ... facepalm.gif

However

An application, lodged off-shore for a Visitor (subclass - 600) - Sponsored Family Visa is showing as $130 ... facepalm.gif

I haven't read all the posts...but was asked by a member that has helped me get my Thai chick to AU. BY the way she loved it. Side note we are drinking a tower at prah ram 9 ....they just set up the beer garden outside tesco. Geez I love this joint.....

Anyway out visa (hers) cost 5000 baht. That's with result posted out to you. I ask her why you have it posted for 200 baht extra. Her reply..... "Get MRT and walk for what."

You have to love em....

If anyone has questions feel free to pm. My gf I met in bar and so no job here etc. But every lady can get a visa if application is thorough. Always be honest.

Applying for second one shortly. Will not cut corners.

By the way found VFS to be really good. You can sit behind your gf only meter away if anything needs to be done. In our case I left of a front page of her bankbook also a second copy of passport page. One goes with application and one is handed back with your receipt .

Don't lose it. Mind you , miss lazy had it posted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Read all the posts

The wifes had 3 Visas to Auss, but am now thinking of taking her & son back again in late Feb

The only thing i did not see during post was the mention of the Medical which is now required (havent been for 4 yrs or so )

Q. Can anybody advise as to how they go about the medical ( as in whats invoved ) as i only know about the TB Xray

Q. How much would one cost

Q. Would my 6 yr old son also require one

By the way thanks for creating such a good post

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Read all the posts

The wifes had 3 Visas to Auss, but am now thinking of taking her & son back again in late Feb

The only thing i did not see during post was the mention of the Medical which is now required (havent been for 4 yrs or so )

Q. Can anybody advise as to how they go about the medical ( as in whats invoved ) as i only know about the TB Xray

Q. How much would one cost

Q. Would my 6 yr old son also require one

By the way thanks for creating such a good post

^^ Which Visa and length of visa are you applying for.

We need that for a starting point.

3 month visitor visa ( 606 ) 2 week stay

If this is for a tourist visa (subclass 600) she wouldn't need a medical (required for permanent visas)

Visa is about 4000 baht (or there abouts if applied for outside of Australia, 10,000+ if inside Australia) see here for more info

Son would also require a visa...

• Like 2

Just one question all, once the 3 month tourist visa application is approved, does the applicant need a return airline ticket to show immigration in Australia upon entering, or is it ok to enter with a one-way ticket then purchase the ticket in Australia once the dates are sorted? (as I don't know what day we are returning back to LOS as yet) I also know how tough Aus immigration can be, so would like to be 100% sure. thanks

Just one question all, once the 3 month tourist visa application is approved, does the applicant need a return airline ticket to show immigration in Australia upon entering, or is it ok to enter with a one-way ticket then purchase the ticket in Australia once the dates are sorted? (as I don't know what day we are returning back to LOS as yet) I also know how tough Aus immigration can be, so would like to be 100% sure. thanks

Why not purchase a return ticket valid for 90 days with flexible return date, should be cheaper than two single tickets

• Like 1

Why not purchase a return ticket valid for 90 days with flexible return date, should be cheaper than two single tickets

flexible date tickets are so not cheaper than one way online sale fares. I haven't seen those 90 day max day tickets in a while too, they are old school.

Return tickets are not necessary.

• Like 1

I would say that generally they don't ask for proof of onward departure and I don't believe it's an actual requirement. I believe the "sufficient funds" clause should cover that area, as the general advise given by DIAC is not to purchase an airline ticket until the visa is granted. This suggests that proof of onward travel is not a criteria.

• Like 2

Return tickets are not necessary.

thanks

• Like 1

flexible date tickets are so not cheaper than one way online sale fares. I haven't seen those 90 day max day tickets in a while too, they are old school.

I did check as looking to book flight for wife late Dec. BNE - BKK with Thai one way $860. Return valid for 90 days $1380 (no charge to change flight dates) Guess depends if LCC is better for you. Your choice & as they say 'up to you'...

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just did another tourist visa ( second for my wife ) both lodged in bkk previous was a 3 month we returned to thailand on the 2 sept 2014 and applied again for another on the 19 November 2014 just got approved for a 12 month multiple entry visa max stay 3 month at a time , both time we have used

Worldwide visa and translation services bangkok they are extremely thorough and professional would recommend them to anyone a really great service

Matt