BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
krobert6

House Builder

I want to build a modest bungalow style house in yonok can any one recommend a builder.

3 bed 2 toilets kitchen etc with ceilings and glass windows

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

contact alan the builder,his number 089-8649550 They say he's the best around.

If he don't work in your area most likely he'll recommend someone good.

Since most building in Thailand is done by Thais for Thais wouldn’t it make more sense to network among Thais? Talk to people in your area. The word will soon get out that you are in the market to build a house and builders will start approaching you on their own or through an intermediary. Go look at their previous builds and one in progress, to get an idea of what they are capable of.

If as a previous post implies, you feel the need to be protected from the Thais in your life and don’t want them involved then I would suggest rethinking your plans to build. There is no way you can pull this off entirely on your own without the help or involvement of Thais so may as well start with them.

I have family (thai) that just finished a new house in Chiang Sean, if interested (they don't have english/builder may) I can get contact for you.

PM is so.

I act as an intermediary between "Farangs" and Thai construction, supply and machinery companies. If you want a house build, buy supplies or need a reliable company that provides good machinery (Cranes etc), please send me a PM and I will send you my contact details. We have contacts in every business and we make sure that everything is running smoothly without the Thai "we can do this tomorrow" attitude.

Just let me know.

You should be in for a long break over Songkran. Our ten day break turned out to be more like a month with numerous follow on events like funerals.

lol, yes ,but I prefer they do not build whilethe are soaked in whiskey.

I wil post pictures of three bldg of shriner is interested

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Well the house build is progressing better than I expected and with little hassle. Have an architect from Chiang Saen and a builder from Mae Chan.

Will post more as the job progresses

post-1983-0-93882600-1335663736_thumb.jp

post-1983-0-90116600-1335663748_thumb.jp

post-1983-0-52394000-1335663761_thumb.jp

post-1983-0-47854900-1335663775_thumb.jp

post-1983-0-96868900-1335663789_thumb.jp

Rendering is finished inside and well on the way outside. I am in Oz as my wife visits the site daily and gives me reports.

Selected all the main items like tiles, toilets extractor fans rtc before I came back to Oz to reduce the stress on the wife :)

Edited by krobert6

hope you get the doors to farang height.

Photos look good. Looks like a sensible moderate construction style.

In contrast, my next door neighbor, a Thai cop, is building a gargantuan thing, very ostentatious (surprise?!), particularly on a policeman's salary, ha ha.

It's big enough for a hotel, and uses several large teak trees worth of wood. Add to that, he has the workers milling and rendering the wood on-site, so I get electronic motor sounds for many moons, 7 days a week. Ah, Thailand. If it ain't dog noise, it's some other loud noises.

Plus, giant ultra-heavy/thick concrete beams, where modest sized beams would suffice. Another typically Thai building style.

hope you get the doors to farang height.

Photos look good. Looks like a sensible moderate construction style.

In contrast, my next door neighbor, a Thai cop, is building a gargantuan thing, very ostentatious (surprise?!), particularly on a policeman's salary, ha ha.

It's big enough for a hotel, and uses several large teak trees worth of wood. Add to that, he has the workers milling and rendering the wood on-site, so I get electronic motor sounds for many moons, 7 days a week. Ah, Thailand. If it ain't dog noise, it's some other loud noises.

Plus, giant ultra-heavy/thick concrete beams, where modest sized beams would suffice. Another typically Thai building style.

lol - yes, the doors are all 2 metres, except for the toilets. Very high ceilings as well.

I drew the plan for the architect and told him I wanted a simple frame house in the bungalow style as I do not like all these multiple roof structures. I wanted the house to be liveabl on the inside - not pretty from the outside.

I see so many Thaii houses with their lounge room doors opening onto the street - must be a prestige thing - I went for the views from the living areas.

The most noise I get (apart from the roosters) is the odd flatbed carrying eggs from the farm

Thanks for the comment

Edited by krobert6