Evaluate My Photos

Tonto21

I see myself as a 'snapper',(basically know nothing about the tec aspect of Photography) but I have a good camera.

I would very much appreciate any comment regarding these photos, I took them while bobbing about in the pool……I like them, but as to whether they are good photos, I don’t know.

So, comments welcome.

As for technical details……Sorry haven’t got a clue….But taken with: Nikon D90, Sigma 18-200mm…1:3.5-5-6.2 HSM. Fitted with a circular-A.P, (Marumi) Lens filter.

post-69255-0-13857700-1329823098_thumb.j

post-69255-0-70944600-1329823168_thumb.j

post-69255-0-75979100-1329823221_thumb.j

Hi Tonto21,

Thank you for your post.

The first one, no comment as it is in Thai a welcome.

The second one mmmmmmmmmmmm

However the third not too bad.

Win

Hi 'Kan Win'

Thanks for your comments

One thing, your comment, “the first one, no comment as it is in Thai a welcome’”

I don’t understand what you mean. Are you saying it’s in a publication? This is mine, I took this photo. I have other photos I took at the same time from this position in the pool. All these photos, (I have taken) are posted on my Facebook.

If it’s been used I would feel more flattered than annoyed…..Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Tonto

The pool distracts from the subject...you should have paddled to the edge and taken the pic....the reflection in the ocean would have been much nicer than in the pool.

Hi ‘samsiam’

Thanks for the feedback……Interesting, I never saw it like that, ‘pool distracts from the subject’….Until I looked at the photo after your post…..and you have a good point.

I remember there was a fair amount of rough shore line, from me to the water’s edge and so I used the pool to fill in the four ground.

Tonto

The horizon is too centered and needs straightening.

I would reframe it with 1/3 of the pool water in the frame. More sky and more tree would be better?

Maybe throw a flash on the tree to light it some?

I think you need a pretty girl drinking a coconut in the pool. That would work.

The first one has little to no contrast or anything interesting to draw the eye. The second and third would have benefited from a higher viewpoint, as there seems to be two bodies of water, and from the low angle there is only a vague distinction between them, and this is awkward to the eyes. The third photo definitely grabs the viewer's attention with the bold colours. I would straighten the horizon, and slightly underexpose it to make the palm into a silhouette.