Hat Yai House?

uselessleopard

I'm looking for a house to rent in the Hat Yai area that has 3+ bedrooms and is furnished. Yes I realise that is asking a lot but I'm struggling to find somewhere to live.

Me and my boyfriend have been teaching in Hat Yai since last September but we've been living in Napalai Condo block which is awful. Never ever ever live there is my advice. Our flat was leaky to the point al of our stuff rotted and went mouldy and there was a pool of stagnant water under our bed every day despite constant cleaning, bleaching and mopping. Their solution was to move all of the mouldy furniture to a different flat, allow it to fester and produce so much mould the air is thick with spores and tell us to move in there... Not happy, despite every Thai friend I have telling Napalai this is terrible and not on at all Napalai have merely offered us the deposit back and told us to buggar off.

So now we are homeless! The difficulty is that we can't live in an apartment (one bedroom places) because they're just too small for 2 people to share but places like City homes are ridiculously expensive (think 24,000 baht a month for 2 bedrooms). If anyone can help us at all we would be insanely grateful. The reason we wanted more rooms was because some of our friends would be willing to share if we could find a house with that many rooms.

Is this ridiculously optimistic or is this possible?

Please help!

Thank you to anyone who can offer advice

Katie

Get a thai friend to drive around with you in the areas in which you would like to live and try to spot "house for rent" signs. In thai language : บ้านให้เช่า.

This is how my wife has found our house. Do not look in the centre, it is rather expensive.

And to be honest, I have seen a few apartment blocks inside, and would say the one can find better ones. One of our friend lived in a fairly new building, very clean, no visible mould in it, cost her only 2500. However, it is not in the centre.

Edited by garrya

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know the road that heads away from tesco alongside PoS uni ? Take that road and you will find a gated housing complex there, i know people who have rented furnished houses there in the past, but it's not cheap.

You need to look outside the town, I'm currently paying 5k for 2 bed new build townhouse unfurnished in klong hae, there have been vacant units, one furnished in my row this year. You need to ask about.

Edited by recom273

• 9 months later...