Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Yesterday I went to Waterloo. Met some lad from the senior service on their way to Windsor for an armed forces parade for the Queen, later their was a flypast with spits and hurricanes forming a '60' as they past, Battle of Britain Memorial flight and the latest fighters, dont know if any of you caught it. I was on a day trip to Exeter, booked early £27 1st class return, arrived on time and back 5 minutes early. If I had gone on the day one of the ticket options was £228! Fish and chips in Exeter was £4.70 for a small portion and in Lloyds bar I managed to fins a beer that was "on" so half of Bay's Devon IPA (5.1) was £1.10. It did not rain and the scenery was as I remember, I went by Salisbury.

Today I will cook sunday lunch, Roast leg of Lamb, roast and new potatoes, parsnips, carrots, brussel sprouts and peas, does anyone remember?

Another day nearer to my returnsmile.png

Yesterday I went to Waterloo. Met some lad from the senior service on their way to Windsor for an armed forces parade for the Queen, later their was a flypast with spits and hurricanes forming a '60' as they past, Battle of Britain Memorial flight and the latest fighters, dont know if any of you caught it. I was on a day trip to Exeter, booked early £27 1st class return, arrived on time and back 5 minutes early. If I had gone on the day one of the ticket options was £228! Fish and chips in Exeter was £4.70 for a small portion and in Lloyds bar I managed to fins a beer that was "on" so half of Bay's Devon IPA (5.1) was £1.10. It did not rain and the scenery was as I remember, I went by Salisbury.

Today I will cook sunday lunch, Roast leg of Lamb, roast and new potatoes, parsnips, carrots, brussel sprouts and peas, does anyone remember?

Only another 2.2 month's to go Dave. Exeter A say no more joy of joy's, How can they British rail what ever come up with price's that are so far apart. Passnip's new spud's Jersey one's should be out by now. Brussel sprout's not to much of a problem as can get them here all be it not tight more like Brussel top's but still delish, When I'm back in blighty I over dose on Lamb and alway's have Yorkshire pud on every occation. You just enjoy and don't get to tubby. H/M has roast pork today alas no passnip's or apple sauce come to that but will have the roast spud's, brussel top's, and lot's of crackling. Oh dont forget the mint sauce.

Re fly past no didn't get it here sorry to say, that remind's me must get some bunting for H/M Tower's.

H/M K.K.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

I remember and I also remember that I hate brussel sprouts, not struck on parsnips and the best sort of peas are Bachelors processed peas with minty mushy peas close behind.

I am now old enough NOT to have to eat Brussels sprouts.

I do miss new potatos with fresh mint from the garden though.

I remember and I also remember that I hate brussel sprouts, not struck on parsnips and the best sort of peas are Bachelors processed peas with minty mushy peas close behind.

I am now old enough NOT to have to eat Brussels sprouts.

I do miss new potatos with fresh mint from the garden though.

I brought back with me last time Farrow's marrow fat peas, just for old time sake per chance opened them last night to go with my sausage mash and onions, alas not as I remembered them watery with not to much flavour in the end added some vinigar to make a sort of mushy peas and still no better so they went in the bin. I won't be doing that again you can stick the north country delicacies. Bring on the London passnip's.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

You are a hard lot to please from KPP!

Ok H/M will have to come out of the closet as to why I came back with a tin of pea's to-wit Farrow's marrow fat it was a scientific test to see how the lower class lived food wise. As a certain exeter seemed to live on perfumed gin cheese and onion crisp's and so far had survived, H/M thought wrongly as it turned out that this might be the way to go.

It seem's that Blighty is split into 3 part's the peep's from up north (That's anything 5 mile's north of London and the peep's that come from the south west) Up north they seem to do a lot of traveling about on train's (maybe the reason that they live next to a railway line here 'wrong side as it turn's out') with tin's of mushy pea's, and I have heard that from the S/W they put a slice of carrot in their Gin instead of lemon allegedly hence the name carrot cruncher's. So the other night when H/M tried out the lower class menu of international cuisine he dropped a clanger big time. The game sausage's were very nice and mash and onion's passable only to be totally ruined by the lower class of pea's, H/M now knows why the lesser peep's tend to be very rotund and a bit grumpy and accuse us upper class of being hard to please.

I have to tell you that H/M will be traveling down south via the N/Smog by-pass on his way to BKK on Thursday, so if any of you lesser mob would like to put out the bunting I might be tempted to slow down a trite to sign the odd autograph. There something for you to look forward to, royalty at last.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

NO invitation to try the delights of the KPP way of life then or is just a myth? I bet you lot really live on Ginsters Cornish pasties, the pride of Cornwall?

NO invitation to try the delights of the KPP way of life then or is just a myth? I bet you lot really live on Ginsters Cornish pasties, the pride of Cornwall?

You are more than welcome to try the delight's if you wish. H/M has mixed with all sort's over the year's, some of my groom's came from the west country, I have even mastered some of the dialect, I'm sorry to say have never heard of Ginster's but the Cornish pasty done well is a delight. I would have thought that you would have been into Devon Grit's they resemble salt a vinegar crisp's allegedly.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

I was up in the capital city today for my monthly resupply run but no time to see H/M, perhaps later this week as I need to make a return trip.

I actually come from the Royal Kingdom of Wessex and the major port of Poole.

I am therefore not a Hamphirre hog but a Dorset dog.

A true son of the county as the saying goes,

Not as far west as exeter but further south than H/M.

Dorset born,

Dorset bredm

Strong in the arm

and weak in the head.

I was up in the capital city today for my monthly resupply run but no time to see H/M, perhaps later this week as I need to make a return trip.

Dorset born,

Dorset bredm

Strong in the arm

and weak in the head.

Orrf to BKK on Thursday Bill won't be back till Sunday at the earliest. Any time next week though your always welcome.

Fred.

Dorset born,

Dorset bredm

Strong in the arm

and weak in the head.

Orrf to BKK on Thursday Bill won't be back till Sunday at the earliest. Any time next week though your always welcome.

Fred.

OK Yaaaaa

At last abit of good news! Went down to Wetherspoons today and DIAMOND ALES abound! Adnams had a couple, Diamond 4.1% and Gun Hill at 4.3%, I had Gun Hill , the good news £1.99 a pint. Also noticed a Pedigree Diamond and sveral others maybe I will go again shortly, but tomorrow I am going to a Sam Smiths pub just off Oxford Circus, heaven..............( Still be glad to be back with you lot though) 27'C today.

At last abit of good news! Went down to Wetherspoons today and DIAMOND ALES abound! Adnams had a couple, Diamond 4.1% and Gun Hill at 4.3%, I had Gun Hill , the good news £1.99 a pint. Also noticed a Pedigree Diamond and sveral others maybe I will go again shortly, but tomorrow I am going to a Sam Smiths pub just off Oxford Circus, heaven..............( Still be glad to be back with you lot though) 27'C today.

Glad to hear that your getting on OK £1.99p well done. Orrrf to BKK today don't worry have topped up the Gass mask for the trip via the N/Smog by-pass. I will indulge in a few pint's of British ale but I bet I have to pay a lot more than £1.99p though, anyway a little treat is what's needed. Keep plodding on only another few month's to go. 29c at 7.30am today.

H/M K.P.P.

H.CITY.

Now I have to laugh out loud, how this topic got pinned???? :) :) Have to be by mistake because sure not because topics posts.

But football, Paknampho NSRU was in League Cup draw and got to play against Thai League team Army United at home. Match is scheduled on 9th June, ko time and stadium not sure yet.

Now I have to laugh out loud, how this topic got pinned???? smile.pngsmile.png Have to be by mistake because sure not because topics posts.

But football, Paknampho NSRU was in League Cup draw and got to play against Thai League team Army United at home. Match is scheduled on 9th June, ko time and stadium not sure yet.

Before after the Karaoke

Sam Smiths prices have gone up over 30% in the last year or so, Old Brewery Bitter 2.72 a pint in Central London, 2.22 outer, and the Royal George in Deptford does both light and dark mild at 1.85!! Still cheap compared to over 90% of places. There is the odd bargain about outside of Wetherspoons and Sams, i.e. The Old Bell in Kilburn usually has a guest bitter on for about 1.80, but these deals are few and far between. (prices as of 2 months ago).

A large LEO in the ''Yellow'' bar in Soi Dawvdeong (sorry about the spelling) 70 baht and a bucket of ice which would do for 2 bottles before it melts now 30 baht. Jools in BKK happy hour (17.00 - 21.00) pint of Heineken 99 baht, normal 120. Robin Hood happy hour (16.00 - 19.00) 90 baht.

Don't know if these prices are good or bad, just musing.

Enjoy the trip.

I read that after many many years ITV have lost the James Bond franchise to show the films to Sky, not good news me thinks. Still at least BBC have got Match of The Day rights for the next 3 years.

Well I came down to NS with my oxygen bottle ready and except for a few whiffs of smoke in KP can see from miles from the roof of the GC hotel.

Nice place but do not ask for a cappuchino. You get a bit of black coffee, some whitener and in a shot glass about 2 ml of cold milk.

Going to the bigcity tomorrow but will stay a few days on my way back. Would be nice to meet people.

Going to Bangkok to drink English beer, thats makes it an expensive pint, if you want to stop off I will feel your head!giggle.gif

H/M had to go to BKK to get some paper's signed + a few other bit's the beer was just a sweetner. Did get a pint of Heineken for 65bt in of all place's Soi Nana must admit it was happy hour that seemed to last from morning till 8pm. Yes I know it's not English but anything half good seemed to be about 250bt a pint and at that price they can stick it.

I was very disappointed to see the N/Smog By-Pass is still not finished, by the time it's open properly it will more than likely be flooded again, painting the fourth bridge ring's a bell.

I put the last bit in as HP asked well sort of for some news. Sorry to say but without our banter N/Smog would never get a mention.

Glad to hear thay Dave is having an average time, there's only exeter there now so hurry back as he's getting very lonely.

Bit sad to see that no one had bothered to put out the bunting for H/M arrival more than likely exeter had spent all the cash on perfumed Gin.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Well I came down to NS with my oxygen bottle ready and except for a few whiffs of smoke in KP can see from miles from the roof of the GC hotel.

Nice place but do not ask for a cappuchino. You get a bit of black coffee, some whitener and in a shot glass about 2 ml of cold milk.

Going to the bigcity tomorrow but will stay a few days on my way back. Would be nice to meet people.

Don't hold your breath on meeting any peep's in N/Smog there's not to many there now and those that are are not to pleased to own up about it. You would have more chance meeting peep's in K.P.P. At least you won't choke to death.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

I was taken out by my daughter last night at some French place near Mansion house, it was nice but nothing out of the ordinary and off the special menu, ended up costing her £90!

As far as Sam Smiths is concerned when I was there I pint of Old Brewery Bitter and a Pint of Rosie Cider was £5.50 and both not the full pint by the time I got back to the table.

It is to be hoped there will be some specials around over the weekend but I doubt it somehow.

Armed Forces Day is 30th June, The Btlle of Britain Memorial Flight will be over the RAF museum at 130pm so I will be there.

Weather is cooling down now and the sun seems to AOL.

Fred went to the Iperial War Museum on monday, did you know, of course you did, there is front end of a Lancaster in there called "old Fred" no sign of empty Tiger bottles though!

I was taken out by my daughter last night at some French place near Mansion house, it was nice but nothing out of the ordinary and off the special menu, ended up costing her £90!

As far as Sam Smiths is concerned when I was there I pint of Old Brewery Bitter and a Pint of Rosie Cider was £5.50 and both not the full pint by the time I got back to the table.

It is to be hoped there will be some specials around over the weekend but I doubt it somehow.

Armed Forces Day is 30th June, The Btlle of Britain Memorial Flight will be over the RAF museum at 130pm so I will be there.

Weather is cooling down now and the sun seems to AOL.

Fred went to the Iperial War Museum on monday, did you know, of course you did, there is front end of a Lancaster in there called "old Fred" no sign of empty Tiger bottles though!

Hate to own up but have been passed the Imperial War Museum thousand's of time's but never been in shame on me.

£5.50p for a pint A I can hardly waite to get back there in late Sep. Have a friend there at the moment he had gone back for 1 month he's now trying to change his ticket as he say's the cost's are horrendous. Re the £90 about right last year when I was back there it cost me over £50 for a few pint's in the local + a curry and that was just for me.

Had a delish pint of ice cold Tiger the other night for 65bt if you like I'll send some over.

You just enjoy Dave only another two month's to go.

H/M K.K.P.

H/CITY.

Just had a look on the BBC website, there is a bit on there about the Jubilee celebrations which opens up other bits and if anyone is interested there is a video about the armed forces parade and flypast which happened on the 19th, worth a look, we do do it so well.

Just had a look on the BBC website, there is a bit on there about the Jubilee celebrations which opens up other bits and if anyone is interested there is a video about the armed forces parade and flypast which happened on the 19th, worth a look, we do do it so well.

Thank's for that as you said we do do it well.