Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Just had a look on the BBC website, there is a bit on there about the Jubilee celebrations which opens up other bits and if anyone is interested there is a video about the armed forces parade and flypast which happened on the 19th, worth a look, we do do it so well.

Thank's for that as you said we do do it well.

There is a bit about the jubilee on the side you should be able to access it through that, stirring stuff our the armed forces, well worth a look, I think you need to look for the 19th May when it took place.

Just had a look on the BBC website, there is a bit on there about the Jubilee celebrations which opens up other bits and if anyone is interested there is a video about the armed forces parade and flypast which happened on the 19th, worth a look, we do do it so well.

The way the armed forces are being run down we won't be able to do it well for much longer.

We cannot afford to keep getting involved in wars or if you like defending the UK on the front lines in Afghanistan.

Did you know that the Pakistan government charge every country with forces in Afghanistan £25 per vehicle to carry supplies across Pakistan and there has been talk of raising it to as high as £500 due top the US drone strikes in Pakistan.

The way the armed forces are being run down we won't be able to do it well for much longer.

We cannot afford to keep getting involved in wars or if you like defending the UK on the front lines in Afghanistan.

Did you know that the Pakistan government charge every country with forces in Afghanistan £25 per vehicle to carry supplies across Pakistan and there has been talk of raising it to as high as £500 due top the US drone strikes in Pakistan.

I bet they got that idea from the UK govt's tax ideas dept!

I see the Daily Mail says the flypast on tuesday is set for 315-330 UK time. Today the Red Arrows are due at Epsom for the Derby.

The weather in the UK has returned to usual, cold, wet and damp, interspersed with rain, there is a rumour that it will stop raining for the River Pageant today, I will stay in front of the fire and watch it on TV!

Had a nice lamb joint yesterday from Waitrose,slow cooked with honey ( from Thailand) on it was very moist and tender, full of flavour, naturally it was English lamb and it really was a tasty experience, I am I making your mouth waterrolleyes.gif one of things I do miss when I am in Nakhon Sawan.

You will no doubt be interested to know that the number of charity shops continues to expand and if they were not there the High Streets would look like ghost towns!

Time for breakfast, Museli followed by bacon sandwichesclap2.gif have to make the best of a bad job dont you know.

The weather in the UK has returned to usual, cold, wet and damp, interspersed with rain, there is a rumour that it will stop raining for the River Pageant today, I will stay in front of the fire and watch it on TV!

Had a nice lamb joint yesterday from Waitrose,slow cooked with honey ( from Thailand) on it was very moist and tender, full of flavour, naturally it was English lamb and it really was a tasty experience, I am I making your mouth waterrolleyes.gif one of things I do miss when I am in Nakhon Sawan.

You will no doubt be interested to know that the number of charity shops continues to expand and if they were not there the High Streets would look like ghost towns!

Time for breakfast, Museli followed by bacon sandwichesclap2.gif have to make the best of a bad job dont you know.

H/M had the lot live on one of his BBC chanel's and it Pi//ed down big time shame, but the Queen seemed to enjoy and stood up all the time at 86 well done her.

It's on again tonight but I think I will give that a miss as the last thing H/M want's to do is look at Cliff belting out some religious song's. On again Tuesday will look for the fly pass that's if the weather permit's.

You carry on enjoying the charity shop's Dave, I like your idea of a healthy brekky, and Lamb from Waitrose come on then you have won the lotto.

Only 7+ week's to go. If you think you have it bad just think of H/M in the next week or two as I have got to go to Uthai Thani so will have to go near N/Smog that make's your problem's pale into insignificance.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

H/M had the lot live on one of his BBC chanel's and it Pi//ed down big time shame, but the Queen seemed to enjoy and stood up all the time at 86 well done her.

It's on again tonight but I think I will give that a miss as the last thing H/M want's to do is look at Cliff belting out some religious song's. On again Tuesday will look for the fly pass that's if the weather permit's.

You carry on enjoying the charity shop's Dave, I like your idea of a healthy brekky, and Lamb from Waitrose come on then you have won the lotto.

Only 7+ week's to go. If you think you have it bad just think of H/M in the next week or two as I have got to go to Uthai Thani so will have to go near N/Smog that make's your problem's pale into insignificance.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

I will have you know that the Heavenly City is looking its usual pristine self, I think you should have your vision tested perhaps cataracts are forming. The first sign of this could be when you pour your Tiger over your shoulder or into your lap! Edited by exeter

I prefer Welsh lamb though you have to pick the legs on the downhill side as they are bigger.

When I was a lad I used to love Tuesdays after Sunday roast beef as we would eat doorstep toast and beef dripping. Scrummy.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

I will have you know that the Heavenly City is looking its usual pristine self, I think you should have your vision tested perhaps cataracts are forming. The first sign of this could be when you pour your Tiger over your shoulder or into your lap!

Must admit, the air was clear as a bell when I was there a couple of days ago.....full of nothing....l;ust like the town...coffee1.gif

I prefer Welsh lamb though you have to pick the legs on the downhill side as they are bigger.

When I was a lad I used to love Tuesdays after Sunday roast beef as we would eat doorstep toast and beef dripping. Scrummy.

The lamb it was shoulder was £7.69 with 20% off and with my 15% discount ( ex partner ) it became a jolly good buy, I may go back again and get some more, polished it of last night. £7.60 then take off the discounts a rare bargain indeed.

Yesterday was very cold for June and as rain as well as I am sure you are aware, the Royal Navy fly past was cancelled after the all the boats went past, Philip, Philip how many more of this lot, I need a gin!

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

I will have you know that the Heavenly City is looking its usual pristine self, I think you should have your vision tested perhaps cataracts are forming. The first sign of this could be when you pour your Tiger over your shoulder or into your lap!

Pristine, Pristine ??? H/M think's you should make a trip to Specsaver's. Last time I was there N/Smog that is the flotsam and Jetsam ie plastic crap was everyware as luck would have it my Limo is a 4x4 so managed to get through but only just. In a week or two as I have posted before H/M + some of my groom's are going to U/Thani might miss out the By-pass and go through the so called town/city, yes yes I know taking my life in my hand's but I will at least be able to give an unbiased report on how N/Smog is fairing. Stand by for update's. Don't know why but have come over all queazy with the thought of it, but needs be if only for a true and accurate report. Anyone thinking of going to N/Smog should await the outcome of same before venturing to said place.

A reply to Dave and anyone else that saw the Thame's thingy via the BBC all I can say it was the worst commentary H/M has ever seen in a word the pit's, any resemblance to good reporting had gone out of the window it was more like IT'S A KNOCK OUT get a grip BBC Dammed poor show.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

The BBC presenters were not that good IMHO did not do their homework at all, probably thought is was the modern way to do things, well it was Dimbelby was it? Watched the concert last night, again the link up preseneters , most of them were rubbish and some of the singers were pretty much past their sell by dates sad to say but everyone seemed to have a good time which was the main thing.

Today if you look at the dailymail.co.uk you will see the timed order, finishes at 1530BST with the gang on the balcony and weather permitting a flypast of the B.O.B flight and the Red Arrows, sadly no Concorde this time.

Got a bit of a bargain yesterday 400g of strawberries for 98p, buy one get one free! Can you really beat English Strawberries? One of the best fruits of the world.

Glad to see the atmosphere in N/S is clear as a bell, I know the song "I can see for miles" was wrote there but cant remember who sang it, no doubt some big hewad in KPP will have the answer!

Bill, last night I had a distressing moment, I had brought a bottle of Sang Som with me, but the cap somehow got crossed and it did not want to leave the bottle, it look me 15 minutes with a kitchen knife to force the issue!

The BBC presenters were not that good IMHO did not do their homework at all, probably thought is was the modern way to do things, well it was Dimbelby was it? Watched the concert last night, again the link up preseneters , most of them were rubbish and some of the singers were pretty much past their sell by dates sad to say but everyone seemed to have a good time which was the main thing.

Today if you look at the dailymail.co.uk you will see the timed order, finishes at 1530BST with the gang on the balcony and weather permitting a flypast of the B.O.B flight and the Red Arrows, sadly no Concorde this time.

Got a bit of a bargain yesterday 400g of strawberries for 98p, buy one get one free! Can you really beat English Strawberries? One of the best fruits of the world.

Glad to see the atmosphere in N/S is clear as a bell, I know the song "I can see for miles" was wrote there but cant remember who sang it, no doubt some big hewad in KPP will have the answer!

Bill, last night I had a distressing moment, I had brought a bottle of Sang Som with me, but the cap somehow got crossed and it did not want to leave the bottle, it look me 15 minutes with a kitchen knife to force the issue!

Pete Townshend of the Who band.

Yes saw the well some of the socalled artist's sorry to say another load of rubbish, just go's to show you what computer technology can do for their so called voices.

H/M will be looking later at the flypast weather permitting only hope that the BBC presenter's can stop talking long enough to enjoy same.

English Strawberries A and Jersey spud's delish must make some of the time there just passable, make the most of them, oh and the 14c temp. Roll on the next 7 week's what.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

It has been an amazing 4 days over here, the pageant has been suberbly choreographed and planned, sure makes you proud of what Britain can do and no body does this sort of thing better, it was really outstanding with visitors coming from all over the world, even some countries you would not have thought would be interested, so, an first class showcase of the UK.

The flypast took place, 18 planes, the queen liked it, I think they love a fly past, I do but it was over too quick, the air above London is rather busy, still it has made it somewhat bearable these last few days and it would not have been right to come back and not see the Spitfires,Hurricanes and Lancaster in the sky would it.

I shall get a 2nd look later this month. At 1330pm on the 30th June they will fly over the RAF Musuem, I will be there.

Manchester Airport is about to run out of A1 Jet Fuel, flights are being cancelled and diverted, anyone using this route should check the flight status with their carriers. Appears to be a problem with the Stanlow Refinery in Cheshire and with availability of road tankers, check the BBC site.

Football news. Nakhon Sawan team Paknampho NSRU (division2) won yesterday Army United (thai league) on Toyota League Cup after extratime, 3-1. They are now in final 32, next round draw and schedule dates not known yet.

Kamphaengphet FC (division2) was also close to make it, they lost league team Chiang Rai after penalties.

Btw, there is small swimmingpool on new hotel Aramis(?), small and right next to the parkinglot, so not so good but have some slide for kids.

Edited by hullupullo

Football news. Nakhon Sawan team Paknampho NSRU (division2) won yesterday Army United (thai league) on Toyota League Cup after extratime, 3-1. They are now in final 32, next round draw and schedule dates not known yet.

Kamphaengphet FC (division2) was also close to make it, they lost league team Chiang Rai after penalties.

Btw, there is small swimmingpool on new hotel Aramis(?), small and right next to the parkinglot, so not so good but have some slide for kids.

Will check that out when I come back, just hope its someones job to keep it up to scratch.

Will check that out when I come back, just hope its someones job to keep it up to scratch.

I would invite you to our pool it's large has swimming lane's, a big bit round the outside where the water is pumped round and go's under bridge's + a very big bit for free swimming, several slide's ect but I'm sure you won't like it as it's free of charge. Just another Joy of living in K.P.Phet H/CITY

H/MASTER K.P.P.

I would invite you to our pool it's large has swimming lane's, a big bit round the outside where the water is pumped round and go's under bridge's + a very big bit for free swimming, several slide's ect but I'm sure you won't like it as it's free of charge. Just another Joy of living in K.P.Phet H/CITY

H/MASTER K.P.P.

Sounds like the river to megiggle.gif

H/MASTER K.P.P.

Sounds like the river to megiggle.gif

is that the one that has lots of exercise equipment spread round at several places and no one using them?

River river this is K.P.P. not N/Smog it's by the river not to far from the football ground.

H the park next to it has exercise bit's in it and they are used big time normally after 5pm when it cool's down a bit. They also have the peep's mainly female doing the exercise routine's near by, of course H/M doesn't watch as it's not good for the old heart. As an extra you can also get a good massage by the river open every night if it doesn't rain. All are welcome well not if you come from N/Smog cant be doing with you lower class's.

H/M K.P.P

H/CITY.

N/B for anyone wanting to know what H/M is doing up at this late hour have just been watching Eng/Fra game on one of the local cable TV station's we have here. Oh has N/Smog got there own cable TV. Please don't tell me you have to rely on true.

River river this is K.P.P. not N/Smog it's by the river not to far from the football ground.

H the park next to it has exercise bit's in it and they are used big time normally after 5pm when it cool's down a bit. They also have the peep's mainly female doing the exercise routine's near by, of course H/M doesn't watch as it's not good for the old heart. As an extra you can also get a good massage by the river open every night if it doesn't rain. All are welcome well not if you come from N/Smog cant be doing with you lower class's.

H/M K.P.P

H/CITY.

N/B for anyone wanting to know what H/M is doing up at this late hour have just been watching Eng/Fra game on one of the local cable TV station's we have here. Oh has N/Smog got there own cable TV. Please don't tell me you have to rely on true.

I am watching it on BBC 1 and ITV 1 rather more up market presentations dont you know, accompanied by roast lamb, a bottle of Rioja and not a sign of Chang anywhere. This is as good as it gets, Thailand is better for almost everything else although I may not be mentioning KPP in that breath, it is, after all just a little backwater is it notgiggle.gif

H/M K.P.P

H/CITY.

I am watching it on BBC 1 and ITV 1 rather more up market presentations dont you know, accompanied by roast lamb, a bottle of Rioja and not a sign of Chang anywhere. This is as good as it gets, Thailand is better for almost everything else although I may not be mentioning KPP in that breath, it is, after all just a little backwater is it notgiggle.gif

Rioja A Dave say no more if you get a chance try the Spanish Alto wine very good and cheaper than Rioja, Waitrose normaly has a good selection of same, the roast Lamb have over dosed this week's on that, Makro's is now doing boned rolled shoulder at £5,50 a kl and it's delish I even have Morrison's mint sauce to go with it another delish. Re the football I can get it on my new TV set up in English and Thai EEEEEK + some not all I don't know why in H/D anyway on my 42" it look's pretty good.

Now what's all this rubbish a backwater. Come on then has N/Smog got it's own cable TV set up ??? as the reply's have been thin in the ground from there to-wit NONE one think's that it does not, and it's supposed to be the top place to live.

As I have stated before I will in the next week or so well before the 30th be going to give the place a rewrite 'Update' so don't miss it Dave as it will give you an insight as to what you are missing. I bet you can smell N/S Big C car park as I tap.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Makro doing shoulder of lamb, that sounds promising, will check that out when I get back.

Had a good run down to Cornwall on the train, the scenery as I remembered, magnificent, even though it rained most of the way but now 3 days and no rain, tomorrow ok as well. Have been to Plymouth yesterday, very busy around town even more new chains of chairity shops! Still had a nice pasty and fish and chips in Newlyn, catch of the day was Monk Fish at £3.70 + chips £1. Today I will go to Camborne and tomorrow Falmouth, the temps here are still well down.

Makro doing shoulder of lamb, that sounds promising, will check that out when I get back.

Had a good run down to Cornwall on the train, the scenery as I remembered, magnificent, even though it rained most of the way but now 3 days and no rain, tomorrow ok as well. Have been to Plymouth yesterday, very busy around town even more new chains of chairity shops! Still had a nice pasty and fish and chips in Newlyn, catch of the day was Monk Fish at £3.70 + chips £1. Today I will go to Camborne and tomorrow Falmouth, the temps here are still well down.

As the personal representative from the Hall of the Mountain King it behoved me to call to call upon the lowland (self proclaimed king) and the mean bugger even wanted to charge me for a cup of tea.

It was not even Earl Grey, it had milk and there were no chocolate biscuits offered either.

I may contact Zeus to see if he has any spare thunderbolts to hurl in the direction of KPP to teach the imposter a lesson or two.

http://www.greekmyth.../Zeus/zeus.htmlbit of classical hedjimcashun for you.

A

Edited by billd766

As the personal representative from the Hall of the Mountain King it behoved me to call to call upon the lowland (self proclaimed king) and the mean bugger even wanted to charge me for a cup of tea.

It was not even Earl Grey, it had milk and there were no chocolate biscuits offered either.

I may contact Zeus to see if he has any spare thunderbolts to hurl in the direction of KPP to teach the imposter a lesson or two.

A

Think yourself lucky Bill that you were let past the gate of H/M mansions, If you remember yes I know not easy but I did ask you if you wanted the 40bt cup of tea or the 50bt one it is imported tea don't you know, and you put a finger up, and now your complaining that you didnt get any chocky bicky's. Have now shown the Irish ridgeback a snap of you so you had better beware next time.

Anyway you will all be pleased to hear that today H/M will be going to U/Thani so stand by in the next few day's for my up to date report on N/Smog. Why so long I hear you all ask well I will more than likely be suffering with some sort of plague or at best a coughing fit on my return. The word Martyr spring's to mind.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

A

Think yourself lucky Bill that you were let past the gate of H/M mansions, If you remember yes I know not easy but I did ask you if you wanted the 40bt cup of tea or the 50bt one it is imported tea don't you know, and you put a finger up, and now your complaining that you didnt get any chocky bicky's. Have now shown the Irish ridgeback a snap of you so you had better beware next time.

Anyway you will all be pleased to hear that today H/M will be going to U/Thani so stand by in the next few day's for my up to date report on N/Smog. Why so long I hear you all ask well I will more than likely be suffering with some sort of plague or at best a coughing fit on my return. The word Martyr spring's to mind.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Baht may have been allright but rumours are that he wanted to pay in old pence.

A

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Old money is good money.

I think I still have the old white £5 note that my Dad won on the pools back in 1957 when £5 was really worth something.

A

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Old money is good money.

I think I still have the old white £5 note that my Dad won on the pools back in 1957 when £5 was really worth something.

and just look at how much it would buy you now.....much better top have spent it when it was worth something......though they still had rationing then didn't they :P

About time I posted my report of my stay in Nakorn Smog although the smog was non existent during this stay though I still bought my own oxygen just in case.

The Bonito Chinos was in general an excellent choice. The rooms are large new and well decorated with first class furniture...but rather dim as though the light fittings were good and expensive a couple of them lacked light bulbs.

The hotel is well decorated and the staff were pleasant and the room cleaned well.

I was advised on questioning the staff that the name was Spanish and meant Beautiful Chinese. I have the idea there at some stage there was a beautiful Chinese person with a connection to Spain.

The hotel has a rooftop restaurant which was quite pleasant and the food was to mind reasonably priced. I had a steak which was acceptable and my wife had a fish with somtum which she pronounced as excellent as she methodically tried to work her way from tail to head with out success. The next night she had lap and I had chicken with cashew nuts...delicious.

Staff throughout were quite friendly.

Breakfast was served in a downstairs restaurant with a good assortment of chinese thai and the usual cpp breakfast fare. Eggs were basically cooked to order. Everything looked and tasted fresh. Redshirts would not like the photo of Ahtitsit at the hotel opening that was on the wall.

The hotel has a fully accessible ADA specification toilet on the ground floor. The best I have seen in Thailand though sadly the bathroom in the room was difficult impossible to enter with a wheelchair.

Biggest complaint was coffee. In the restaurant I ordered a capppachino and received a half cup of black coffee and a shot glass with about 2ccm of milk.

Thinking this may be a mistake I tried again in the coffee shop which had a beautiful esspresso machine. You guessed it, same again. Someone will have to teach them how to make a real Itallan or Australian Cappachino.

I cannot report on BigC because there was no way to get across the road.

Have just looked at the weather forcast for Devon and other than Friday it look's like rain every day till at least Monday with the wind's picking up by the weekend. But the good thing is that the temp will be getting up to 16c that's a hole 60f for you older peep's. You just enjoy Dave the only thing H/M miss's is the fish and chip's and you got monk fish for £3.70p a real bargain. Oh and a pasty the hight of international cuisine.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.