Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

So Fred we now know who wears the pants at the stablescheesy.gif !

Now today in London we have nor rain, middle of JUly and max temp forecsat of 15C, good here isnt it! Meanwhile Waitrose have another 3 beers for £5 on offer so will be up there later this morning, it includes "Spitfire" and "London Pride" will let you know what others later, do think of these when you are drinking your Thai drink tonightbiggrin.png one of the few advantages here!

Olympic timetables went into action yesterday, great start, Victoria Line completely closed for the weekend.

Another nice touch, Bruce Springstein and Paul Macartney do a gig in a central London Park had there equipment turned off at 1030 to comply with local by-laws, amazing.

How did you know that Mrs H/M resides in the stable's ??? Just to update you she is allowed in the Mansion but only to shower & clean the place.

Enjoy your beer's H/M cant wait for a good glass of bitter, have now changed from Thai beer to German stuff and very nice it is too all be it a little pricey at just over £2 a pint but still cheaper than the stuff in Blighty. Have been told that there is a wholesaler in K.P.P. that sell's the stuff cheaper will pop along today and have a gander.

So Paul M was cut orrrf at 10.30pm If H/M had been in charge he would have been cut orrrf before he had started.

Today Blue sky's temp at 9.45am 30c that's to us 86f light breeze well that's in K.P.P. In N/S it's more than likely the same except you wont be able to see the Sky through the haze. And I have heard that your river is still in full flow and muddy as usual, don't blame us for the water flow as here it's almost stopped.

Only another month + to go enjoy.

N/B Have been informed that exeter (The only falang now left in N/S) cant wait for you to get back so he has someone to talk/splutter to.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

I am back on the Broadside now, lovely drop of stuff! Today we have blue skies, yesterday we did not! How surprising! Ready to come back, weighing the items to go in the case, I am hoping this time to fall in line, last year was 4 kilos over! Does anyone know if they ever weigh the hand luggage?

Wetherspoons I saw the other day had a beer on sale at 2.7% still £1.99 a pint so I dont know why you buy that rather than a flavourful ale unless you were going to attempt to drive!

I am awaiting a letter with the timings of a special train from Kings Cross to Edinburgh next wednesday. A rare sight is in view, a Deltic "Alycidon" north and the newly built "Tornado" returning much later in the day, I will settle for the Deltic.

You may recall that 2 RAF Tornados crashed recently, they have found the other plane and recovered one of the bodies, they apparently hit head on.

H

I am back on the Broadside now, lovely drop of stuff! Today we have blue skies, yesterday we did not! How surprising! Ready to come back, weighing the items to go in the case, I am hoping this time to fall in line, last year was 4 kilos over! Does anyone know if they ever weigh the hand luggage?

Wetherspoons I saw the other day had a beer on sale at 2.7% still £1.99 a pint so I dont know why you buy that rather than a flavourful ale unless you were going to attempt to drive!

I am awaiting a letter with the timings of a special train from Kings Cross to Edinburgh next wednesday. A rare sight is in view, a Deltic "Alycidon" north and the newly built "Tornado" returning much later in the day, I will settle for the Deltic.

You may recall that 2 RAF Tornados crashed recently, they have found the other plane and recovered one of the bodies, they apparently hit head on.

Hand luggage is weighed now and they do it big time well that's in heathrow it's 5kg max. Last year H/M had 6.5kg and they made me take out the 1.5 and squeeze it in my case that then came to just under 35kg well over the 30kg aloud but they didn't seem to care about that only the hand stuff seem's the rule's are no more than 5kg on the plane. I flew with EVA but have been with other airline's and they all seem to be the same. BKK well their a law unto themselves and have never in over 20 year's had hand luggage weighed.

You might have to take out the odd bit Dave. Tip, what ever you do not the English Bitter, or the Marmite come to that.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

I am coming back with Emirates, last year they weighed my hold luggage at 34kg should have been 30kg and I had to remove 4 kgs, they did not weigh my hand luggage ( 7 kg ) so ended up taking my 7kg + 4kg in the cabin!

The weather is suppossed to improve next week, promises, promises and strikes in the offing too. Immigration officers on the 26th and East Midlands Trains have have announced 3 dates in the 2 weeks of the olympics, cricket is going well though.

I am coming back with Emirates, last year they weighed my hold luggage at 34kg should have been 30kg and I had to remove 4 kgs, they did not weigh my hand luggage ( 7 kg ) so ended up taking my 7kg + 4kg in the cabin!

The weather is suppossed to improve next week, promises, promises and strikes in the offing too. Immigration officers on the 26th and East Midlands Trains have have announced 3 dates in the 2 weeks of the olympics, cricket is going well though.

New safety rule's no more than 5kg in overhead locker per person??? well that's what's I was told. My ticket said I could have 7kg but on arrival at airport Heathrow they would only let me take 5kg but they let me put the over amount in case. I think it's up to who serve's you. My chum had the same problem they had already sent his case through but they found a box and packed his over's in that and sent in through as hold luggage. Over here it's TIT I now think over there it's TIE. Or toss a coin. You can alway's pay for the extra kg but I think they charge you in excess of £20 a kg. EEEEEEEK.

Enjoy the strike's. Only 4 week's to go.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Soon be time to dust down the bunting and preapre the throne on the beach in preparation for the impending rise in water levelsbiggrin.png

So it's the King Canute ploy is it exeter. May H/M advise you not to bother. Why you may ask well to start with you will need a beach and they are in short supply in N/S that muddy area next to the fast flowing brown sludge you call a river is not a beach, yes I know that Dave had put a few sack's of sand down before he left but alas that has now been washed away.

Second N/S has flooded several time's to my knowledge over the last few year's well every year come to that, point in question in the last 6 the By-Pass has been closed at least 3 time's must admit that last year was a real humdinger though.

This year you wont have a problem trust me on that that's because the river Ping here is now down to a trickle sand bank's every ware, and the dam in Tak is less than half full, Last year it was full and they let it all go in one hit, hence you and half of Thailand copped it big time.

If I'm wrong I'll be willing to put you up in one of H/M stable's, of course there will be a small charge.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

N/B one of the hotel's here has just had a revamp and they have re named it World Heritage Hotel just wondering where they got the name from.

Edited by fredob43

The weather here as picked and went to a BBQ yesterday, outside! Forecast to continue good for the rest of the week, but, the coming weekend will see it all end.

Now moving onto another old favorite Badger Brewerey Tanglefoot, helps pass the time. I ran down the road with a Pifco torch yesterday but no one turned out, no one noticed, the Olympics are no big deal here!

The weather here as picked and went to a BBQ yesterday, outside! Forecast to continue good for the rest of the week, but, the coming weekend will see it all end.

Now moving onto another old favorite Badger Brewerey Tanglefoot, helps pass the time. I ran down the road with a Pifco torch yesterday but no one turned out, no one noticed, the Olympics are no big deal here!

What is it with you mob from N/S. First exeter think's he's royalty to-wit King Canute and I do believe as I tap he's trying to hold back the water's. Now you Dave with a pifco torch I could see you doing that especially after a few Tanglefoot's, but the running bit I find very hard to believe.

H/M think's it may be time for him to open a funny farm down there seems I'll have several taker's.

H/M.K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

What is it with you mob from N/S. First exeter think's he's royalty to-wit King Canute and I do believe as I tap he's trying to hold back the water's. Now you Dave with a pifco torch I could see you doing that especially after a few Tanglefoot's, but the running bit I find very hard to believe.

H/M think's it may be time for him to open a funny farm down there seems I'll have several taker's.

H/M.K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

All day and all night on the news this gold fag holder is being trailed round the country, now its in London, tomorrow it comes to my borough, I am not staying in to see come past my house! But I will be up early tomorrow, at 650am, a deltic is coming out of Kings Cross heading for Edinburgh, I suppose that has left most folks perplexed but if you have ever seen or heard one you will understand, particularly as I and friends helped save it from the cutters torch 30 years ago. The sound is as iconic and distinctive as a Spitfire, Lancaster or Concorde. Edited by nong38

H/M.K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

All day and all night on the news this gold fag holder is being trailed round the country, now its in London, tomorrow it comes to my borough, I am not staying in to see come past my house! But I will be up early tomorrow, at 650am, a deltic is coming out of Kings Cross heading for Edinburgh, I suppose that has left most folks perplexed but if you have ever seen or heard one you will understand, particularly as I and friends helped save it from the cutters torch 30 years ago. The sound is as iconic and distinctive as a Spitfire, Lancaster or Concorde.

Little bit of trivia about the Deltic at 90mph they were only doing 1200 rpm some feat A. Enjoy Dave.

Who would have thought than an infernal combustion engine would ever gather the same devotion as hot steam.

What you have to consider HR is Dave live's in N/S and anything has go to be more exciting than that.

Paint drying now there a thought, if you go there now you might see another farang 'some sort of royalty I believe' that's trying to hold the water's back, say's it all really. I dont know if you've seen it but there is someone that is looking for a house to rent there N/S that is, sometime's I think there's just no hope.

H/M.K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

The deltic "Alycidon" came through 10 minutes late and exhaust putting a steam engine to shame, I hope it gets to Edinburgh! A fine site none the less and many others out to see it as well. The A1pacific "Tornado" leaves Edinburgh for the return leg.

32C today but sun has gone so very humid.

The new beer offer up at Waitrose is 8 cans of Marstons pedigree for £8, which is where I came in, Pedigree was on offer when I arrived and the offer finishes on the day I fly out. NIce finish.

This friday on the Euromillions lottery 100 millionaires will be created as well as £105m jackpot, thought I might have a dabble, beats the thai effort!

Toodle Pip!

The deltic "Alycidon" came through 10 minutes late and exhaust putting a steam engine to shame, I hope it gets to Edinburgh! A fine site none the less and many others out to see it as well. The A1pacific "Tornado" leaves Edinburgh for the return leg.

The new beer offer up at Waitrose is 8 cans of Marstons pedigree for £8, which is where I came in, Pedigree was on offer when I arrived and the offer finishes on the day I fly out. NIce finish.

This friday on the Euromillions lottery 100 millionaires will be created as well as £105m jackpot, thought I might have a dabble, beats the thai effort!

Toodle Pip!

Ten Min: late dash poor show. I bet with all the Diesel fume's it was belching out it must have seemed like you were home again in N/Smog.

Hope you have a good result on the lottery, just think if it's a large amount you could up stick's and move to somewhere decent. One can alway's dream what.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Toodle Pip!

Ten Min: late dash poor show. I bet with all the Diesel fume's it was belching out it must have seemed like you were home again in N/Smog.

Hope you have a good result on the lottery, just think if it's a large amount you could up stick's and move to somewhere decent. One can alway's dream what.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

There is no spare land around here so Naff Orf as Princess Anne was wont to say.

Toodle Pip!

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

There is no spare land around here so Naff Orf as Princess Anne was wont to say.

I didn't say move here what you have to think about is anywhere would be better than N/S, anyway what make's you think the Dave would reach for the top somewhere in the middle would be ok, don't panic Bill first he has to win at least something.

H/M.K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

The games are underway, crowd management is the rage but transport so far is working very well, just have to walk further to get to the trains!

Spent the weekend near Portobello Road, met Maureen Lipman in Kensingtin Gardens walking the dog and saw Simon Cowell's place with a Lambo in the drive! Was taken to a "great" Thai restaurant which , of course, dint tast like anything I have ever had in Thailand! even though it was staffed by people who looked like they were from Thailand, absoulutely the best THai food is in Nakhon sawan, just have to know where to go, shhhhhhhhhhhh............Sauturday morning went to another Thai restaurant but this time had a full English breakfast and jolly good it was too.

This morning I went down to Greenwich to see HMS OCEAN, a fine site indeed.

Did any of you see the opening ceremony? Right rum do if you ask me especially the music ( pop ) they played to represent GB.... FRankie goe to hollywood, Sex Pistols and the Jam? What the ........... I would have thought Cliff would have been a better choice, not as if I am a great fan but........ well what do I know. Apparently they left out any reference to Trafalgar, Waterloo etc in case we upset someone!

Amazing when you think that Trafalgar turned a European power into the worlds first global super power!

The lottery delivered their usual response, I will not be able to help HMRC!

The games are underway, crowd management is the rage but transport so far is working very well, just have to walk further to get to the trains!

Spent the weekend near Portobello Road, met Maureen Lipman in Kensingtin Gardens walking the dog and saw Simon Cowell's place with a Lambo in the drive! Was taken to a "great" Thai restaurant which , of course, dint tast like anything I have ever had in Thailand! even though it was staffed by people who looked like they were from Thailand, absoulutely the best THai food is in Nakhon sawan, just have to know where to go, shhhhhhhhhhhh............Sauturday morning went to another Thai restaurant but this time had a full English breakfast and jolly good it was too.

This morning I went down to Greenwich to see HMS OCEAN, a fine site indeed.

Did any of you see the opening ceremony? Right rum do if you ask me especially the music ( pop ) they played to represent GB.... FRankie goe to hollywood, Sex Pistols and the Jam? What the ........... I would have thought Cliff would have been a better choice, not as if I am a great fan but........ well what do I know. Apparently they left out any reference to Trafalgar, Waterloo etc in case we upset someone!

Amazing when you think that Trafalgar turned a European power into the worlds first global super power!

The lottery delivered their usual response, I will not be able to help HMRC!

There you go Bill Dave didn't win the lotto so panic over you can call orrrf the troup's.

M Lipman the ology lady A say no more. Then you went to a Thai restaurant what in hell's name did you go in one of those for ??? last time H/M tried Thai food in Blighty is was the same as it's alway's been crap, not to mention the well over the top price EG rice just under £3 a go more than likely more now. Best place to get Thai food in Thailand is N/Smog going down the petrol pork road again are we. Then you go on to say you went to yet another Thai rest: and had a full English!!! what was that rice with a fried egg on top??? do hope you didn't forget the fish sauce. Talking of fish Makro is now selling Herring's all be it frozen but they are very tasty in a word delish.

Didnt see the opening of the olympics as it went orrrf at 3am, have heard from English friend's and they told me I didn't miss much. Beck's played a part yawn, yawn, then there was a bit from Thomas Hardy's book Far from the Madding Crowd. For peep's that don't know it's about farmer's and sheep, and to round thing's orrrf a sing along with of all peep's Paul Mc sound's like a disaster waiting to happen, but look on the bright side it only cost £42+ Mil:

H/M would like to know why there should be a problem with crowd's getting away from the game's as the one's that I have seen have all been half empty, rum pore show with ticket allocation if you ask me.

You just enjoy your next/last four week's.

Oh H/M see's it's raining yet again and Joy of Joy's the temp's: down to the mid 60f, with no restbite on the horizon. Getting better by the day.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Kamphaeng Phet FC - Nakhon Sawan FC next sunday, can anyone tell me where Kamphaeng Phet stadium is? How far from busstation or what is fair prize for motosai, thank you. Don't know if I gan get to Nakhon Sawan FC fanbus in time so maybe have to improvise a little.

btw, regional league (D2) north table here, Paknampho tied in 2nd and Nakhon Sawan 4th. First 3 goes to playoffs for D1

http://www.thaileagueonline.com/table/division2.php?rid=1

I was down in N/S on Friday to renew my retirement extension, in and out in 32 minutes including chatting to the lady in charge.

Nice friendly and helpful people and the main lady there speaks good English and has a sense of humour too.

Did my shopping and coming back from Makro I looked at the Ping river BKK side and the water level is still uite low with some sandy beaches in midstream.

The route 1 from Salok Bat to Ban Ben Bo just before the bypass is still abysmal though they are resurfacing on the uplanes around Salok Bat.

The motorcycle lanes are the best surface left but not for long as the trucks and busses are using them too.

I was down in N/S on Friday to renew my retirement extension, in and out in 32 minutes including chatting to the lady in charge.

Nice friendly and helpful people and the main lady there speaks good English and has a sense of humour too.

Did my shopping and coming back from Makro I looked at the Ping river BKK side and the water level is still uite low with some sandy beaches in midstream.

The route 1 from Salok Bat to Ban Ben Bo just before the bypass is still abysmal though they are resurfacing on the uplanes around Salok Bat.

The motorcycle lanes are the best surface left but not for long as the trucks and busses are using them too.

Never mind the potholes....a few more weeks and you can row down the motorcycle lane.

Kamphaeng Phet FC - Nakhon Sawan FC next sunday, can anyone tell me where Kamphaeng Phet stadium is? How far from busstation or what is fair prize for motosai, thank you. Don't know if I gan get to Nakhon Sawan FC fanbus in time so maybe have to improvise a little.

btw, regional league (D2) north table here, Paknampho tied in 2nd and Nakhon Sawan 4th. First 3 goes to playoffs for D1

http://www.thaileagu...sion2.php?rid=1

Come out of the Bus station turn left over the bridge then take any road that take's you down the side of bridge to the river turn left and it come's up on the left some 3/400 mt. You can get a tuk tuk from the bus station cost I don't know or you could send me a PM and I will give you my phone No: and I'll pick you up drop you off that's if the time is ok with me. N/B long way to come just to see your team loose to the great K.K.Phet.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Come out of the Bus station turn left over the bridge then take any road that take's you down the side of bridge to the river turn left and it come's up on the left some 3/400 mt. You can get a tuk tuk from the bus station cost I don't know or you could send me a PM and I will give you my phone No: and I'll pick you up drop you off that's if the time is ok with me. N/B long way to come just to see your team loose to the great K.K.Phet.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Had to do the last post in a hurry don't walk over the bridge bit like N/S it could be deadly. Get Tuk Tuk Bt bus. I do believe there are M/C taxi's they would be cheaper, Sorry to be vague on transport but I never use the bus station.

H/M.

and I'll pick you up drop you off that's if the time is ok with me.

Thanks for offer and advice wai.gif Got my google earth working and think I find it there. Nice looking kids waterpark nearby stadium? Is it open and kept clean?

Yes, it's quite a pleasure going to NS Immigration, as you say nice and friendly people, a lot different from my many visits to Suan Pluu! thumbsup.gif

and I'll pick you up drop you off that's if the time is ok with me.

Thanks for offer and advice wai.gif Got my google earth working and think I find it there. Nice looking kids waterpark nearby stadium? Is it open and kept clean?

Open's every day except Wed from about 4pm onward's yes it is spotless and free. Has a free swim bit with shoot's ect and lane's if you want to practice for the next olympics + there's a bit round the edge that has a water jet to propel you round under bridge's, all in all not a bad set up, and they don't seem to mind if us elderly peep's use it. Next to it just across the road is another park that also has bit's for kid's swing's slide's and the like.

What time is the orrrf for the football as I might come along that's if it's not Peeing down. The offer is still there if you want picking up from the bus station I only live a few Min: from it by car so it's not a problem.

H/M.

Never mind the potholes....a few more weeks and you can row down the motorcycle lane.

I came back from BKK one time on my motorbike and got caught in a storm above the Lat Yao turn and nearly ran into trees a couple of times that were across the bike lanes not to mention that not many people slowed down in the heavy rain. That was a scary ride, flooded m/c lane, potholes and big trucks not slowing down and in the m/c lane.

I won't bother with that again if I can help it.

Hello Kiddies, just 11 days before I return! I was going to go to the Olympic Park in the early morning to see the Royal Marines Band, they have been entertaining the early crowds, only to find out from a "volunteer" that you cannot walk into the park without a ticket, not that I want to go into an arena, the ticket cost is £5, cheeky sods I have been paying out of my council tax for more than 6 years to help put this show on the road!

Organisation is very good and the transport system is working very well indeed. There is a tremendous "feel good" factor around the country, how long will it last when ts all over who knows but it will help me get through the last few days. Tomorrow I will have a home tasting session. Chang, Broadside and Pedigree then I will retire to bed to consider the results!

Keep Calm and Carry on.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Had to do the last post in a hurry don't walk over the bridge bit like N/S it could be deadly. Get Tuk Tuk Bt bus. I do believe there are M/C taxi's they would be cheaper, Sorry to be vague on transport but I never use the bus station.

H/M.

The bus station is hardly a heritage siteclap2.gif surprised you dont disown it or burn it down and build a more palacial one......like the one in Nakhon Sawantongue.png .