Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Been to have a look at the state of the Ping at the secondary bridge along the eastern end of Kosi Road tonight, the river appears to have slowed and dropped by about 3' or a metre ( take your pick ), its does not look likely to flood in the near future unless the dams are holding the water back for a special delivery.

Looked at the Ping yesterday in KPP, actually looked pretty low here. Gf, however, went out an hour ago to go to KPP and something has happned as she called me to say the road was closed with "big water". We are quite a ways from town, so bugger me where she is now.

The Ping was low last Thursday in KPP but it has rained a bit since then.

Big Water my a*se. Apparentlly more roadworks before the KPP traffic lights had caused a traffic jam. I asked her why she said it was a flood, says she only thought it might be

Still no news of our heroic pensioner from north of the border then? Probabaly still trying to find a pub that is opensmile.png

More like driving miles to fund a pub with 1/2 price for pensioners on the 7th Wednesday of the month.

Still no news of our heroic pensioner from north of the border then? Probabaly still trying to find a pub that is opensmile.png

More like driving miles to fund a pub with 1/2 price for pensioners on the 7th Wednesday of the month.

You've got him in a nutshell there, Bill.

You've got him in a nutshell there, Bill.

Bit like club night at wetherspoons then? Cheapskate! Claims to be a Hunt Master, rat catcher more like ittongue.png . Hope he is enjoying seeing his money leave his pocket at arate of knots, most of it into Whitehall.

Looks like a coup is a brewing. Man is out of the country and the gossip starts? Be "orf with their heads" time when he gets back

I don't think he can stand heights so I should be safe up here but you lowlanders in the province next door should consider whether it si more dangerous in the floods or with "Mad King Fred".

Out of sight out of mind! We will see what this weekends redicted typhoon bring us, by the end of the next week we will know, if its all clear then we can put the rainy seasnon to bed for another year methinks and we did it all without the self acclaimed HMKPP will life ever be the same, pass me another Tiger there a good chap................yes stick iton Fred's bill no problem.

Saw Fred on TrueVisions coverage of the Dunhill Golf Championship at St Andrews. Reckon he gets a free invite every year. If I rmember to tune in on Sunday night, I'll check if it is him doing the prizegiving this year. Old King Fred fits in fine with the Dunhill clique, sort of a blue blood type thing. And of course, plenty freebies which will be trousered with thanks. I am sure he was coming out the Burberry tent when the cameras captured him.

By contrast I have been to the Dragon Boat racing down on the river west of the Asia Highway, ghosh its all busy and bustle down there what with the extended market as well! The river continues to drop so you can all sleep in your beds tonight, unless of course someone opens one of the dams up country and sends us a special delivery!!!!!!!!!

The anniversary of the flood has now passed, the river is down, the defences contiue to be raised and no rain the last 2 days, you know I think we have just about made it for this rainy season, thankfully, lets hope so anyway and look forward to the cooler temperatures that are in front of us.

Sawanvittee 64 runs from the 122 by pass to the 3005 where a 7-11 is currently being refurbished, there are a lot of building sites being prepared along 64 so a lot of heavy lorries loaded or maybe over loaded with earth for the preparation. The road was not designed for such heavy lorries so it has colapsed in many places, sink holes I think they call them here. Beware the edges of this road, the authorities have not noticed or been imformed.

Now that it seems the floods won't come this time, can I change the topic? I live in Photaley and the road between the 117 Highway and Photaley is an absolute disgrace, this wasn't caused by the floods. The road as you leave Photaley to go to Bangmunnak has been resurfaced when it was not really needed, but other parts of this road nearer the 117 intersection is just impossible to drive or ride on. Does anyone know why this road is never repaired apart from some temporary work that does'nt last long? The Thais are so non confrontational that they just accept this, and that includes my wife also.

Any news of Maximus Fredus? aka as His Majesty King Fred. Seems like a while since he was back in UK, do you think he may have emigrated back there?

I do believe that he's had enough of the garden parties and will be returning on Monday.

Any news of Maximus Fredus? aka as His Majesty King Fred. Seems like a while since he was back in UK, do you think he may have emigrated back there?

I do believe that he's had enough of the garden parties and will be returning on Monday.

No doubt waving a bit of paper claiming a reciprical arrangement between the UK and KPP Pensioners to restore their annual increases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Returning from BKK today I see a notice has been hurriedly errected stating that ALL natives from the Province to the north and known as KPP must use the By-Pass as Nakhon Sawan is far too sophisticated a HUB for them to visit. ( There already to many bewildered people wandering around aimlessly and equal number on motorcycles as well!)

No doubt waving a bit of paper claiming a reciprical arrangement between the UK and KPP Pensioners to restore their annual increases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Returning from BKK today I see a notice has been hurriedly errected stating that ALL natives from the Province to the north and known as KPP must use the By-Pass as Nakhon Sawan is far too sophisticated a HUB for them to visit. ( There already to many bewildered people wandering around aimlessly and equal number on motorcycles as well!)

I will be down tomorrow but it will be no problem as the truck is still registered in BKK.

Just had a quick gander at some of the post's, just to bring all of my admirers up to date H/M has returned, got back 8.30 last night.

An update will follow soon. Please please dont send to many welcome home post's as H/M has lot's of thing's to catch on, and the last thing H/M need's are to many begging requests.

Seem's the staff have been a trite naughty in my absence and will have to be chastised, thank Buddha I have obtained a new whip.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

Just had a quick gander at some of the post's, just to bring all of my admirers up to date H/M has returned, got back 8.30 last night.

An update will follow soon. Please please dont send to many welcome home post's as H/M has lot's of thing's to catch on, and the last thing H/M need's are to many begging requests.

Seem's the staff have been a trite naughty in my absence and will have to be chastised, thank Buddha I have obtained a new whip.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

well what else would you expect an english person to use for fun. sbk will be most jealous.

Having sorted out the staff and obtained goodies from the local shop's, H/M now find's himself with a bit of leisure time, what follow's is an update on how thing's went back in Blighty.

Should have only been there for at most three week's, but due to an illness in the family and those bounders Specsavers it turned out to be 6.

All sorted now so on with the rest of the update.

Tetley the beer peep's had ask me to pose in my full regalia H/M outfit dont you know for their new trade mark, and I was let down by Specsavers, would you believe it it took them well over two week's to supply me with a new gold monocle dash pore show, after a bit of "light" conversation with their M/D all was sorted and it look's like I shall be winging my way onto Tetleys beer labels in the new year, something for you all to look forward to.

Right weather was at best inclement and on the day I left it snowed just a trite but it still snowed (not to be confused with sleet) it was the real stuff.

Prices are through the roof three pint's of bitter £10 20p but did manage to get a curry one night and at £25 a head seemed ok well we did consume quite a bit of the stuff and that also included the odd pint.

Other than that Blighty is the same as normal road traffic is even worse, there are even more speed camera's, the speed limit has now been reduced to wait for it 20 mph in a lot of places even in London and the public stuff is a definite no no not that H/M would ever use it but I had been informed by some of the poor lesser peep's that do. Will H/M be hurrying back not on your life.

For all the problem's one get here it's definitely better by far well in K.P.Phet it is, for others that have to live by the railway line's you'll just have to take what life bring's.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Having sorted out the staff and obtained goodies from the local shop's, H/M now find's himself with a bit of leisure time, what follow's is an update on how thing's went back in Blighty.

Should have only been there for at most three week's, but due to an illness in the family and those bounders Specsavers it turned out to be 6.

Tetley the beer peep's had ask me to pose in my full regalia H/M outfit dont you know for their new trade mark, and I was let down by Specsavers, would you believe it it took them well over two week's to supply me with a new gold monocle dash pore show, after a bit of "light" conversation with their M/D all was sorted and it look's like I shall be winging my way onto Tetleys beer labels in the new year, something for you all to look forward to.

Right weather was at best inclement and on the day I left it snowed just a trite but it still snowed (not to be confused with sleet) it was the real stuff.

Prices are through the roof three pint's of bitter £10 20p but did manage to get a curry one night and at £25 a head seemed ok well we did consume quite a bit of the stuff and that also included the odd pint.

Other than that Blighty is the same as normal road traffic is even worse, there are even more speed camera's, the speed limit has now been reduced to wait for it 20 mph in a lot of places even in London and the public stuff is a definite no no not that H/M would ever use it but I had been informed by some of the poor lesser peep's that do. Will H/M be hurrying back not on your life.

For all the problem's one get here it's definitely better by far well in K.P.Phet it is, for others that have to live by the railway line's you'll just have to take what life bring's.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

It sounds much like the blighty I encountered, the Chingford Pensioner tells it straight. But, I must sya its a low stoop to go for the Tetleys, is aint what it was as you should know, best pretend to be a Chelsea Pensioner!

Anyway welcome back to the land of the sane/stupid, up to you, mines a Chang Export, Bill's a bottl of Sang Som, the Old Git a bottle of Pimms, when your'e ready.....................

• Like 1

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

It sounds much like the blighty I encountered, the Chingford Pensioner tells it straight. But, I must sya its a low stoop to go for the Tetleys, is aint what it was as you should know, best pretend to be a Chelsea Pensioner!

Anyway welcome back to the land of the sane/stupid, up to you, mines a Chang Export, Bill's a bottl of Sang Som, the Old Git a bottle of Pimms, when your'e ready.....................

I dont drink the stuff Tetley's that is but as their logo is a Hunt master when they asked the top man to help out what could I do also the price was right. I don't know if you have tried their Tetley's cool in a can but it's not half bad, talking of beer's the one sold at Heathrow (Only one) is crap and at £4,25p a pint a real rip orrrf, and it didn't get any better after the third pint (had 3 hour's to kill)

The bypass at N/Smog I'm glad to say is now sorted all be it a trite dusty but that could be down to the usual fume's that abound there.

As far as free drink's go that's not even a starter just ask Bill he's still complaining about the mere 50bt I charge for an English imported tea.

I don't know how to put this by sometime in the new year it look's like H/M will have to make a trip to N/S Visa don't you know, this could be an opportunity for you lot to hang out the bunting and mix with the upper class's, I can see it now headline's in the N/S weekly rag, local expat's go upmarket for the day.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Did you fly out of Heathrow Terminal 3 or 4? The Bar in Terminal 4 is a Wetherspoons, in 3 its bigger and better although at captive audience prices.............unless you are a shareholderbiggrin.png like mewai2.gif do I have to thank you for your contribution? I also get 25% discount, so my parting shots were a pint of Guinness and London Pride if I remember.

Tetleys aint what it was, hand pulled in Yorkshire was acceptable but the tinned stuff is not worth a glance.

As regarding the proposed visit ti N/S Immi not much chance of bunting for H/M's need to be of a higher position to get any response, like school odd job man might get a few flags, station master might get the across the road stuff. You could bring your own just for a laughbiggrin.png .

Good to have to you back anyway.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

I dont drink the stuff Tetley's that is but as their logo is a Hunt master when they asked the top man to help out what could I do also the price was right. I don't know if you have tried their Tetley's cool in a can but it's not half bad, talking of beer's the one sold at Heathrow (Only one) is crap and at £4,25p a pint a real rip orrrf, and it didn't get any better after the third pint (had 3 hour's to kill)

The bypass at N/Smog I'm glad to say is now sorted all be it a trite dusty but that could be down to the usual fume's that abound there.

As far as free drink's go that's not even a starter just ask Bill he's still complaining about the mere 50bt I charge for an English imported tea.

I don't know how to put this by sometime in the new year it look's like H/M will have to make a trip to N/S Visa don't you know, this could be an opportunity for you lot to hang out the bunting and mix with the upper class's, I can see it now headline's in the N/S weekly rag, local expat's go upmarket for the day.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

I thought that Huntsman ales rang a bell so I googled it. I was born and brought up in Poole, Dorset many years ago and Eldridge Pope breweries sold it out of Dorchester for many years.

One of their beermats on eBay at £1 each.

post-5614-0-02235200-1351608375_thumb.jp

Edited by billd766

Did you fly out of Heathrow Terminal 3 or 4? The Bar in Terminal 4 is a Wetherspoons, in 3 its bigger and better although at captive audience prices.............unless you are a shareholderbiggrin.png like mewai2.gif do I have to thank you for your contribution? I also get 25% discount, so my parting shots were a pint of Guinness and London Pride if I remember.

Tetleys aint what it was, hand pulled in Yorkshire was acceptable but the tinned stuff is not worth a glance.

As regarding the proposed visit ti N/S Immi not much chance of bunting for H/M's need to be of a higher position to get any response, like school odd job man might get a few flags, station master might get the across the road stuff. You could bring your own just for a laughbiggrin.png .

H/R 3 and no Weatherspoons crap service and lack of seat's well for the ordinary peep's, H/M of course didn't have a problem the deck's were cleared ready for action, signing of autographs became a bit of a pain but need's be I suppose it's just the sort of thing I should be used to by now but it's still a chore.

As you can see in Bill post they needed a new much younger version so H/M fitted the bill nicely. I think that Tetley must have bought out H/master breweries as it's been their logo for several year's anyway a new one featuring himself is in the offing so keep posted, modesty has always been H/M forte so I'll leave it to other's to tell you how great I look.

Bring my own bunting never been known, station master indeed, anyway it's a long way orrrf and there might be an alternative by then let's hope so as H/M is not looking forward to the trip, if all else fails there is of course Chang M. or even BKK but as that would entail going past N/S not really an option.

Weather a trite inclement today just the thing I could do without as Mrs H/M is having to move out of H/M mansions back to the stable's, she had it good while I was away and as they say all good thing must come to an end.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Bill, Eldrige Pope, sold their brewery in Dorchester many years ago now, they seemed to be more interested in a property portfolio than brewing! Sold the Brewery off to a workers consortium but it did not last long, it was a prime site next to thr station and across the road from the Market. Some of the receipes do turn up from time to time, a brewery in the Honiton. Ottery St Mary area called O'Hallaghans or similar have brewed "Royal Oak" which was EP's Strong Ale.

Tetleys also used the monocled Hunstman as their logo and there are probably more around the country as well, neither of the brewer's did anything much to enhance the reputation of beers and alesin the recent past, .........pass.

H/R 3 and no Weatherspoons crap service and lack of seat's well for the ordinary peep's, H/M of course didn't have a problem the deck's were cleared ready for action, signing of autographs became a bit of a pain but need's be I suppose it's just the sort of thing I should be used to by now but it's still a chore.

As you can see in Bill post they needed a new much younger version so H/M fitted the bill nicely. I think that Tetley must have bought out H/master breweries as it's been their logo for several year's anyway a new one featuring himself is in the offing so keep posted, modesty has always been H/M forte so I'll leave it to other's to tell you how great I look.

Bring my own bunting never been known, station master indeed, anyway it's a long way orrrf and there might be an alternative by then let's hope so as H/M is not looking forward to the trip, if all else fails there is of course Chang M. or even BKK but as that would entail going past N/S not really an option.

Weather a trite inclement today just the thing I could do without as Mrs H/M is having to move out of H/M mansions back to the stable's, she had it good while I was away and as they say all good thing must come to an end.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

I think its called the Bridge Bar in terminal 3, the beers were pretty good I thought, quick turnover helps and the cost to a captive audience is the going rate, 2 good divis a year I should cocoa been very good to me, bought the shares at 40p and now over 350p. Thank you Fred for calling in, dir jer can!