Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

No sign of the Hunt Master of late, I presume he is still in the Land of the Grim, probably waiting for the first shipment of new age travellers from the Bulgaria and Romania to arrive, sell them Hunting gear.

No sign of the Hunt Master of late, I presume he is still in the Land of the Grim, probably waiting for the first shipment of new age travellers from the Bulgaria and Romania to arrive, sell them Hunting gear.

You almost hit the nail on the head Dave.

The hunt's peep's have asked me to help train the hound's to sort out those little bugger's when they arrive, not been an easy job as of yet, they don't smell the same as the one's from N/S (Diesel fume's etc.)

As you will more than likely well know they all have horse's there and we cant have the hound's sorting our own one's out now, just wouldn't be cricket, what.

To add to all this H/M is still involved with keeping the staff at point helping out Mama glad to say that she is looking a trite better improving everyday. She even managed to make a good job of cleaning the Limo yesterday but did leave a bit of dirt on the bottom of the gearbox so not as yet perfect.

I have been keeping up with what's been going on in and around N/S via the forum, there has been a decided lack of post's from Exeter more than likely got himself lost in the new Big C or the new Tesco looking for more perfumed Gin, or could it be still stuck in the usual heap's of traffic that abound there, so where are you Exeter ??? lost but not forgotten.

The way thing's are going here it could be the end of April before H/M arrives back.

I have been missed by the upper crust's in K.P.Phet as well as the snivelling also ran's 'yes they get every ware' all trying to get some of the left over's bone's etc. No doubt a huge party will be laid on + lot's of bunting when I get back (note to self must tell them not to over do the festivities) don't want to have them spending to much even though H/M is worth it.

Thank you David for mentioning me in dispatches we might even allow you to come to the welcome home festivities don't get your hope's up to much it's only a Might.

N/B the weather in Blighty is still no better shot up to 17c the other day but alas it has now gone down to around 0c with snow forecast in the next day or two oh joy of joys, I bet you wish you were all here with me if only to gorge yourselves on the plentiful smoked Salmon + the Bitter that abound.

Keep the post's coming H/M does like to keep in touch with all the mishaps that occur in N/S at least it make's staying here a trite better.

Orrrf now as only 20min to go between M/U and CH 2.2 so far and would like to see Alex F look rather miffed at the end.

H/M.

K.P. PHET.

W/H. CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Local football update, Division 2!

Paknampho NSRU was moved back to Bangkok region this year and they are doing well there. After 4 matches, 2nd on table 3-0-1 goals 9-3.

Nakhon Sawan FC in North region, after 4 matches, 2-1-1 goals 3-3, 8th place just behind Uthai Thani. And they won mighty Chiang Mai FC a week ago.

On the bottom of North table there are 3 teams with record 0 win, 0 draw, 0 points. Lucky to Kamphaengphet FC there are teams like Tak and Nan in race too so KP FC isn't last.

Bottom three:

Kamphaengphet 0-0-4 goals 0-5

Tak 0-0-4 goals 1-8

Nan 0-0-4 goals 0-8

Tables and fixtures here

http://thaileaguefootball.com/division-2-2

What time does the Tesco open, 0900 or 1000?

I am not sure as it was around 11 when I got there and I never thought to look.

I don't normally shop in NakWan any more except when I am doing a 90 day report or a visa extension and I always do that first before shopping.

Talking of the Immigration place it always seems very crowded now and would benefit by a doubling in staff and building size too.

The staff are as good as usual and farangs sometimes are moved up the queue by the staff.

Thanks.

billd766 - why don't you do your 90 day reports by mail? They do accept them taht way and I've been doing it for years. Only go for extensions and always get there at around 0900, never been crowded.

Local football update, Division 2!

Paknampho NSRU was moved back to Bangkok region this year and they are doing well there. After 4 matches, 2nd on table 3-0-1 goals 9-3.

Nakhon Sawan FC in North region, after 4 matches, 2-1-1 goals 3-3, 8th place just behind Uthai Thani. And they won mighty Chiang Mai FC a week ago.

On the bottom of North table there are 3 teams with record 0 win, 0 draw, 0 points. Lucky to Kamphaengphet FC there are teams like Tak and Nan in race too so KP FC isn't last.

Bottom three:

Kamphaengphet 0-0-4 goals 0-5

Tak 0-0-4 goals 1-8

Nan 0-0-4 goals 0-8

Tables and fixtures here

http://thaileaguefootball.com/division-2-2

Yes must admit K.P.Phet football club is the pit's, and we cant even put it down to the foggy/smoggy weather we get here as all know we don't get any unlike N/Smog.

I must have a word with the stable hand's to see what's occurring with regard's to the team, all in all a rum pore show, not good for the old image. H.M will mention it at the next council meeting I attend after I'm back.

H/M

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Thanks.

billd766 - why don't you do your 90 day reports by mail? They do accept them taht way and I've been doing it for years. Only go for extensions and always get there at around 0900, never been crowded.

It is a jolly out to the big city every 3 months if you see what I mean. it gets me away from'er indoors too.

I also do a bulk shop and there is a bakery supplies places that is useful.

Nakhon Sawan Tok ( resoviors) have had dredging barges in these last few weeks to increase capacity for the extra houses being built in the vicinity, what has been dug out has been used to strengthen the banks surrounding and surplus is being taken to housing plots to level it out.

Contrary to what some folks would have you believe, NS is almost a smokeless zone compared to what Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are having to put up with.

Pleasingly we have had a lack of mosquitos for the last 5 or 6 days long may it continue.

Nakhon Sawan Tok ( resoviors) have had dredging barges in these last few weeks to increase capacity for the extra houses being built in the vicinity, what has been dug out has been used to strengthen the banks surrounding and surplus is being taken to housing plots to level it out.

Contrary to what some folks would have you believe, NS is almost a smokeless zone compared to what Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are having to put up with.

Pleasingly we have had a lack of mosquitos for the last 5 or 6 days long may it continue.

Smokeless A well I never. That put's pay to the gas mask shop I was thinking of opening there, Oh well the plan's of Mice and H/M.

C/M & C/R only have smoke for three month's of the year and not 12, but must admit that when they get it it's pretty bad.

Now would you believe K.P.Phet doesn't have any smog well apart form the burning of the sugar fields. But that is only rare it's all down to the wind.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H CITY.

N/B Look's like H/M will be back in about 4 week's I bet you cant wait.

Edited by fredob43

The center lane is the old original bridge. They used to open the north bound in the morning and the south bound in the evening to help "rush hour" traffic, but all that it did was cause accidents at the merge points so I don't think that they open it anymore. At 3am the lights are off, come through at 3pm and it'll be a different story.

The center lane is the old original bridge. They used to open the north bound in the morning and the south bound in the evening to help "rush hour" traffic, but all that it did was cause accidents at the merge points so I don't think that they open it anymore. At 3am the lights are off, come through at 3pm and it'll be a different story.

Thanks ive wounded why id never seen it in use. I recon the City was buit to ruin a clear run home to C.M.wai.gif

If you haven't been in local footballmatch before, now there is some extra in next weekend match. Paknampho NSRU play against Nonthaburi FC
and Nonthaburi have englishman, ex-leicester academy player Jorrin John in their squad.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1276/south-east-asia/2012/02/17/2910785/leicester-citys-jorrin-john-away-with-the-warriors-in

http://ekanonthaburi.blogspot.com/2013/03/happy-days-cup-win-and-big-signing.html

NSRU play different stadium than Nakhon Sawan FC, here is a map to NSRU stadium

http://upic.me/ts/i/t9/ayjpg.jpg

Match is on Saturday, 4PM. Take icebox and beer with you smile.png

1799_507852762595310_1206466977_n.jpg

If you haven't been in local footballmatch before, now there is some extra in next weekend match. Paknampho NSRU play against Nonthaburi FC

and Nonthaburi have englishman, ex-leicester academy player Jorrin John in their squad.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1276/south-east-asia/2012/02/17/2910785/leicester-citys-jorrin-john-away-with-the-warriors-in

http://ekanonthaburi.blogspot.com/2013/03/happy-days-cup-win-and-big-signing.html

We can now all see why you go to football match's. If only the girl's were like that in K.P.Phet last time H/M went to one here they all looked like Mrs H/M but they did smell a bit better, I have put her odour down to too much time in the stable's.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

i previously asked about the new Tesco and received limited response, neither positive or negative, so I made my monthly restock run to the new one in NS rather than the one that I normally use in Singburi. The round trip was 60 kilometers farther. I was totally disappointed with the outcome of the venture.

First: when heading north on AH! you have to make a U turn to get to the store. The U turn is a place looking for an accident to happen. There were so many cars trying to make the turn that the fast lane of the north bound side was blocked and there were near misses on the south.bound side

The next disappointment came when I entered the parking lot. It's very large but not indoors and not covered except for a few spaces, your vehicle gets to bake while you shop. Although the u turn was congested, the parking lot was basically empty.

The first floor of the mall has many shops but an over abundance of "specialty" food stalls. There's a cinema and three restaurants, MK, Yaogi and another "conveyor belt" Japanese restaurant.. Seems adequate but I doubt that the specialty food shops will last long with the lack of customers.

The second floor is Tesco. It's small, crowded and lacks product selection. The "booze" area is very small, no selection of wine and limited liquor selections. Hong Thong, which we wanted for my wife's restaurant, was out of stock. The fish, meat ( no salmon, beef or duck) and fresh produce areas are very small and no cold drinks available. The bakery is outside but there very very few selections.

I guess that I have made my one and only trip to the new Tesco and will go back to Singburi next month which is large and has adequate selections of goods.

It really does suck. In my opinion, Makro has the best selection of food and supplies in NS.

• Like 2

i previously asked about the new Tesco and received limited response, neither positive or negative, so I made my monthly restock run to the new one in NS rather than the one that I normally use in Singburi. The round trip was 60 kilometers farther. I was totally disappointed with the outcome of the venture.

First: when heading north on AH! you have to make a U turn to get to the store. The U turn is a place looking for an accident to happen. There were so many cars trying to make the turn that the fast lane of the north bound side was blocked and there were near misses on the south.bound side

The next disappointment came when I entered the parking lot. It's very large but not indoors and not covered except for a few spaces, your vehicle gets to bake while you shop. Although the u turn was congested, the parking lot was basically empty.

The first floor of the mall has many shops but an over abundance of "specialty" food stalls. There's a cinema and three restaurants, MK, Yaogi and another "conveyor belt" Japanese restaurant.. Seems adequate but I doubt that the specialty food shops will last long with the lack of customers.

The second floor is Tesco. It's small, crowded and lacks product selection. The "booze" area is very small, no selection of wine and limited liquor selections. Hong Thong, which we wanted for my wife's restaurant, was out of stock. The fish, meat ( no salmon, beef or duck) and fresh produce areas are very small and no cold drinks available. The bakery is outside but there very very few selections.

I guess that I have made my one and only trip to the new Tesco and will go back to Singburi next month which is large and has adequate selections of goods.

It really does suck. In my opinion, Makro has the best selection of food and supplies in NS.

I agree with you but when I went it had not been open that long and they were still struggling with stocking it.

From where I live at the KPP side of mae Wong the only decent Tesco is at PhitLok and that is 180 km one way for me. The only decent alternatives ar in BK or CM which are about 400km each way and involves an overnight trip.

I will use BigC and Makro in KPP and a 3 monthly 90 report to NS to get cooking spices etc and bakery supplies. Other than that I am a homebody especially with the current state of the GBP and THB.

We have not been to it, nor the BIG C 2 they are too far to bother with, that they are both dissappointing is not a surprise to me, Thai's way of doing business and openng new ventures is mind boggling and I bet they dont understand why no one comes, tomorrow will be better.

The hunting season is now over in the UK and one redundant hunting chappy is being asked to leave blighty, word is that he could be back here lookig for his old job ( odd job) with days, lock up your daughterslaugh.png .

I still see the new bridge supports on the northern side of the bridge that carries the AH1 across the river and there is just enough rroom for one more lane in each direction but it does not look like anything more is happening in the near future, probably wait until after the next rains have finished. Meanwhile the road surface on the U turn under the bridge at the same location is now restored and in operation.

Lot of work on the Tok to hold more water this year at least 4 dredgers have been in use for the past 2 months.

I like the one in the middle best!

I like the one in the middle best!

The middle one of a group of 4? Maybe you need new glasses. Personally I prefer the second from the left unless that is hullopullo's wife/girlfriend in which case I don't.

Edited by billd766

The hunting season is now over in the UK and one redundant hunting chappy is being asked to leave blighty, word is that he could be back here lookig for his old job ( odd job) with days, lock up your daughterslaugh.png .

I still see the new bridge supports on the northern side of the bridge that carries the AH1 across the river and there is just enough rroom for one more lane in each direction but it does not look like anything more is happening in the near future, probably wait until after the next rains have finished. Meanwhile the road surface on the U turn under the bridge at the same location is now restored and in operation.

Lot of work on the Tok to hold more water this year at least 4 dredgers have been in use for the past 2 months.

Ok the cat's now out of the bag 'thanks Dave' H/M will return early next week, time and date to be kept secrete at present the last thing I want is have hoards of local well wisher's lining the road's trying to catch a glimpse of one, could put hour's on my journey time.

I have kept abridge of local happenings in N/S. New shop's opening = yet more traffic/fume's, not to mention the hour's of fun watching the dredger's in action.

What are they doing with all the rubbish they have dug out old bike's shopping trollies several tons of plastic and general flotsam and jetsam that normally abounds there ??? I bet the local totter's have had a field day.

I see that another post is currently running about central Thailand being boring could this be because H/M has not been there to brighten up your day's with his jolly quip's, yes that would be it.

Anyway be rest assured come the latter part of next week H/M shall be brightening your day's with update's of his journey home + many other interesting jotting's, H/M can see the colour coming back into your cheeks and he tap's.

Update on Blighty at the moment.

It's Easter don't you know and this year it has not been the usual wash out rain wise, but has been a total disaster for the hotel owner's and holiday peep's this is due to the snow and ice cold condition's that still abound here. Last night it never got above -2c, but there is some brightness on the horizon the English harden caravan mob are still helping to clog the road's, many snap's of same on the news today reminded H/M of the time's he's travelled through N/S. Enjoy you weekend.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Ok the cat's now out of the bag 'thanks Dave' H/M will return early next week, time and date to be kept secrete at present the last thing I want is have hoards of local well wisher's lining the road's trying to catch a glimpse of one, could put hour's on my journey time.

I have kept abridge of local happenings in N/S. New shop's opening = yet more traffic/fume's, not to mention the hour's of fun watching the dredger's in action.

What are they doing with all the rubbish they have dug out old bike's shopping trollies several tons of plastic and general flotsam and jetsam that normally abounds there ??? I bet the local totter's have had a field day.

I see that another post is currently running about central Thailand being boring could this be because H/M has not been there to brighten up your day's with his jolly quip's, yes that would be it.

Anyway be rest assured come the latter part of next week H/M shall be brightening your day's with update's of his journey home + many other interesting jotting's, H/M can see the colour coming back into your cheeks and he tap's.

It's Easter don't you know and this year it has not been the usual wash out rain wise, but has been a total disaster for the hotel owner's and holiday peep's this is due to the snow and ice cold condition's that still abound here. Last night it never got above -2c, but there is some brightness on the horizon the English harden caravan mob are still helping to clog the road's, many snap's of same on the news today reminded H/M of the time's he's travelled through N/S. Enjoy you weekend.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Well at least you haven't lost your sense of humour whilst you've been freezing in Blighty!!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Well at least you haven't lost your sense of humour whilst you've been freezing in Blighty!!!coffee1.gif

He is so ooooold he doesn't have any nuts to freeze off anyway.