Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

The hunting season is now over in the UK and one redundant hunting chappy is being asked to leave blighty, word is that he could be back here lookig for his old job ( odd job) with days, lock up your daughterslaugh.png .

I still see the new bridge supports on the northern side of the bridge that carries the AH1 across the river and there is just enough rroom for one more lane in each direction but it does not look like anything more is happening in the near future, probably wait until after the next rains have finished. Meanwhile the road surface on the U turn under the bridge at the same location is now restored and in operation.

Lot of work on the Tok to hold more water this year at least 4 dredgers have been in use for the past 2 months.

Ok the cat's now out of the bag 'thanks Dave' H/M will return early next week, time and date to be kept secrete at present the last thing I want is have hoards of local well wisher's lining the road's trying to catch a glimpse of one, could put hour's on my journey time.

I have kept abridge of local happenings in N/S. New shop's opening = yet more traffic/fume's, not to mention the hour's of fun watching the dredger's in action.

What are they doing with all the rubbish they have dug out old bike's shopping trollies several tons of plastic and general flotsam and jetsam that normally abounds there ??? I bet the local totter's have had a field day.

I see that another post is currently running about central Thailand being boring could this be because H/M has not been there to brighten up your day's with his jolly quip's, yes that would be it.

Anyway be rest assured come the latter part of next week H/M shall be brightening your day's with update's of his journey home + many other interesting jotting's, H/M can see the colour coming back into your cheeks and he tap's.

Update on Blighty at the moment.

It's Easter don't you know and this year it has not been the usual wash out rain wise, but has been a total disaster for the hotel owner's and holiday peep's this is due to the snow and ice cold condition's that still abound here. Last night it never got above -2c, but there is some brightness on the horizon the English harden caravan mob are still helping to clog the road's, many snap's of same on the news today reminded H/M of the time's he's travelled through N/S. Enjoy you weekend.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Well at least you haven't lost your sense of humour whilst you've been freezing in Blighty!!!coffee1.gif

He is so ooooold he doesn't have any nuts to freeze off anyway.

Bill.

Please take note that the price of tea has gone up to 80bt a cup at chateau H/M.

This is due mainly for the topping up of the old bank account.

Hope to see you soon.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

N/B We still have load's of piped water always have so if you want a shower it can de arranged, At a price of course.

For a large tip I can arrange for Mrs H/M to stay out of the bathroom with her loofer.

Edited by fredob43

I know you have all been waiting for this post, yes H/M has arrived back after a some what eventful journey.

Flew out on Monday night only just made it due to it being easter Monday hoard's of ordinary type peep's clogging up the isle's don't you know.

Having eventually made it to the hand luggage radar thingy my almost empty case was taken aside to a table for those plank's of wood to sort through it seem my two recharger's 'phone & razor' had caused a problem then just to make sure the void in the rest of the case didn't have the invisable man inside they proceeded to wipe the inside with some sort of tester, several min: later they returned to inform me that there were traces of gun powder/explosive's, up then pop's another chappy with a form and began to ask several mundane

question's, one being my home address, this I rattled orf rapidly a rather blank look ensued and he ended up just putting Thailand. Then up came yet another peep's and they gave the case a very thorough going over delved into ever orifice and came up with a total blank. May H/M offer a suggestion I said, this was refused point blank, several Min: later and dying for a pint I insisted they let me sort it out, putting my hand in one of the pocket's that by the way they had already double checked low and behold there was the offending thing to-wit a box of matches that I had slipped into my case while I was in a hotel in BKK because it had their address on it. All sorted I was allowed on my way with I might add the box of matches still intact. Hence the comment Plank's of wood.

Arrived BKK on time my Limo was waiting as it would be. The rest of journey was then rather uneventful till I got to N/S then all hell broke loose no not the usual smog although it was there in abundance, but thousand's of local well wisher's all waving banner's and cheering not quite sure what exactly but they were all very enthusiastic, so a big thank you to David/Nong for arranging same although it did put a few Min: on my journey home, next time not so many if you don't mind just a few hundred would do nicely.

Arrived back at H/M mansion's to be greeted by Mr's H/M she had made a great effort and had even washed the horse dung orf her wellies, first time in month's I was informed an hour or so later by the butler but the effort was appreciated, if she carries on like this she might even be allowed into the Mansion, that's only a might so don't panic.

More update's to follow that will be after the Hunt ball and the general welcome home festivities over the weekend.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Heard it on the hot wires that a US Aircraft Carrier battle group is due off Nakhon Sawan shortly ( when the rains come) to deter any likely attack by North Korea who seem to think that N/S is some sort of secret US installation ( thats why some people think is a smog to cloud the issue). Tickets to view the hardware will be available shortly. N/S is known in secret circles as area 52, not many people know that.

Edited by exeter

Heard it on the hot wires that a US Aircraft Carrier battle group is due off Nakhon Sawan shortly ( when the rains come) to deter any likely attack by North Korea who seem to think that N/S is some sort of secret US installation ( thats why some people think is a smog to cloud the issue). Tickets to view the hardware will be available shortly. N/S is known in secret circles as area 52, not many people know that.

Nice to see your back exeter I thought that you might have left that place N/S for good ? ah got it now you've been waiting for H/M to return.

I see that your still trying to come up with idea's to tempt peep's to go there.

H/M see's that N/Korea not to mention some sort of US installation has entered the fold full mark's

for inventiveness but I fear that it's a no hoper area 52 for Buddha sake, H/M think's you will have to delve deeper for you next cunning ploy.

News. K.P.P.

H/M last night went out for a meal with Mr's H/M yes I know not a good idea but she did come in handy. Having sat down and ordered my large Tiger, a very attrative young lady came over and said to the G/L that they were doing a promotion on a Nipon beer to-wit Asahi seem's the set up was if I brought 3 large bottle's I got one for free well I like a beer but to consume 3 + the extra one was even for me a trite over the top. My Tiger arrived and I tucked in I then noticed that the G/L was still in deep discussion with the YOUNG lady, later H/M was informed that he didnt have to drink the stuff only buy it, at the reduced price of 60bt a bottle, the brain clicked into action at that rate including the free one it would be 40bt a large bottle quite a good deal. Well the upshot was that H/M ordered 12 bottle's and recieved the 4 free one's + 6 glass's also free.

Shame it's not near to N/S for you lot to indulge but rest assured H/M shall think of you everytime he open's a bottle.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H CITY.

I shouldn't worry too much about the US carrier group unless they fitted wheels on it.

There many islands in the sun on the Ping river at KPP at the moment and you can probably walk across it at the moment. There has been not a drop of rain in over a month and only 32.8 mm for the year so far.

I shouldn't worry too much about the US carrier group unless they fitted wheels on it.

There many islands in the sun on the Ping river at KPP at the moment and you can probably walk across it at the moment. There has been not a drop of rain in over a month and only 32.8 mm for the year so far.

Well that probably while they will have to wait for the rainy season for the good will visiitbiggrin.png

Nice to see your back exeter I thought that you might have left that place N/S for good ? ah got it now you've been waiting for H/M to return.

I see that your still trying to come up with idea's to tempt peep's to go there.

H/M see's that N/Korea not to mention some sort of US installation has entered the fold full mark's

for inventiveness but I fear that it's a no hoper area 52 for Buddha sake, H/M think's you will have to delve deeper for you next cunning ploy.

News. K.P.P.

H/M last night went out for a meal with Mr's H/M yes I know not a good idea but she did come in handy. Having sat down and ordered my large Tiger, a very attrative young lady came over and said to the G/L that they were doing a promotion on a Nipon beer to-wit Asahi seem's the set up was if I brought 3 large bottle's I got one for free well I like a beer but to consume 3 + the extra one was even for me a trite over the top. My Tiger arrived and I tucked in I then noticed that the G/L was still in deep discussion with the YOUNG lady, later H/M was informed that he didnt have to drink the stuff only buy it, at the reduced price of 60bt a bottle, the brain clicked into action at that rate including the free one it would be 40bt a large bottle quite a good deal. Well the upshot was that H/M ordered 12 bottle's and recieved the 4 free one's + 6 glass's also free.

Shame it's not near to N/S for you lot to indulge but rest assured H/M shall think of you everytime he open's a bottle.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H CITY.

The nippon beer is a good one we have had it here at 40bts for a long time. not gassy and at 5% good competition for the local brewers, heelo here I come with another 2 bottlescoffee1.gif

News. K.P.P.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H CITY.

The nippon beer is a good one we have had it here at 40bts for a long time. not gassy and at 5% good competition for the local brewers, heelo here I come with another 2 bottlescoffee1.gif

That looks a good deal, I will be back in Salok Bat next week and will look out for it.

My missus tells me the banks will be shut for 5 days over Songkran?

Football, div 2 Kamphaeng Phet - Nakhon Sawan 0-1

Maybe this unbelievable and unusual fresh KP air made Red Lions too powerful for KP FC?

Cant see it being our fresh air H/L even though it's smog less. I think the real reason is that the K.P.P football team is at best rubbish.

Edited by fredob43

News. K.P.P.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H CITY.

That looks a good deal, I will be back in Salok Bat next week and will look out for it.

My missus tells me the banks will be shut for 5 days over Songkran?

Bank's Closed Monday & Tuesday as well due to the holiday being over a weekend.

Tip. Get any cash by Thursday this week if it's anything like last year the ATM'S will run out within 24 hour's.

Re the beer just been into Makro and the price for the Nippon beer is about the same price as Tiger 59/60bt a large bottle that's if you buy it by the case.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

I am told there are up to 60 TEFL English Teachers in NS, some of whom can be spotted at the weekend in various bars around the lake, or in Dawvdeong.

There are a number of retired types who seem to leave home only for necessary trips to Tesco or Big C.

Many afternoons will see a friendly group in the original Big C near the Chang servery.

There is a strong rumour here that there is going to be a Central Mall close to the new Tesco on the Tak road and it will have a McDonalds in it, no further news of dates or anything but will keep my ear to the ground.

As for the Asahi beer at 40bts its available in a small shop just off the 3005 road between Market Sirakon and the By pass, if anyone wants further directions I can supply them, been there today on the bike.

Central Mall A now that would be an improvement and something to write home about. Don't panic the one at Pitso is nearer to us so we wont be venturing that way.

Mc Donalds say no more the second item on the list of international Quizene the first being mushroom soup. H/M must own up he did try one of those tepid burger's thing's once many eons ago and glad to report that I'm still alive, tottering a bit but still going.

They are opening a Home Mart or the like's just outside k.P.P should be open in a few month's the main structure is now well on it's way, update's on that as and when.

As we all know today is the start of the water throwing few day's, take care if your out on the M/C.

Yesterday I ventured out onto the 1 yes I know very stupid and the traffic was horendous. Just going to get the paper now and that will be my last outing till all this rubbish is over.

Happy new year to you all.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

My motorbike is in the shed until the middle of next week.

The other half of the family are due up from Bangkok today which means 10 adults and 2 kids spread across 2 houses.

Oh joy and happiness.

Have a great and not too wet Thai New Year.

MIL am BIL and family are up for a few days. They usually stay at the SIL's house down the street. I have ten dogs and they are afraid of them so they don't stay here. They will lick them to death but they don't know it and I've not fed them in two days just to make sure that they are "friendly" Just kidding, would never do that to my dogs, MIL, SIL and BIL are a different story!

• Like 1

From Nakhon Sawan Rescue facebookpage, 6 has died at songran time in Nakhon Sawan province roads

สถิติผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บจากอุบัติเหตุช่วง 7 วันอันตราย จังหวัดนครสวรรค์ (17 เมษายน 2556 เวลา 08.00 น.)

ผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บ ทั้งหมด 476 คน
ชาย 295 คน
หญิง 181 คน

เสียชีวิต 6 คน
ข้อมูล : สถาบันการแพทย์ฉุกเฉินแห่งชาติ (สพฉ.)

From Nakhon Sawan Rescue facebookpage, 6 has died at songran time in Nakhon Sawan province roads

สถิติผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บจากอุบัติเหตุช่วง 7 วันอันตราย จังหวัดนครสวรรค์ (17 เมษายน 2556 เวลา 08.00 น.)

ผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บ ทั้งหมด 476 คน

ชาย 295 คน

หญิง 181 คน

เสียชีวิต 6 คน

ข้อมูล : สถาบันการแพทย์ฉุกเฉินแห่งชาติ (สพฉ.)

Very sad indeed. But that wont be the end of it as they only send out detail's of the death's that happen at the road side and never how the pore sole's get on once they have been in the Hospital that's if they ever get there in one piece in the first place. RIP.

H/M

• Like 1

The 2 BIL and SIL went home yesterday leaving a nephew.

I managed to escape Songkran pleading a weeping eye and a pain in iny arm.

'er indoors is off to Korat tomorrow with the rest of the family to sort out some family land over that way, then down to BKK for a day or several and then back home.

Just me, 3 cats, 15 to 20 ducks and about 50 chickens left.

As Gilbert O Sullivan used to sing

The 2 BIL and SIL went home yesterday leaving a nephew.

I managed to escape Songkran pleading a weeping eye and a pain in iny arm.

'er indoors is off to Korat tomorrow with the rest of the family to sort out some family land over that way, then down to BKK for a day or several and then back home.

Just me, 3 cats, 15 to 20 ducks and about 50 chickens left.

As Gilbert O Sullivan used to sing

Well, you lucky man!!!

I would love a few days of BLISS like that!!! whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

MOre news on the shopping front for NS is that and I have been hearing this for a couple of years is that there is to be another Tesco Lotus superstore along the Pitsanulok road, I am gathering its north of the river so keep your eyes and ears peeled! Nakhon Sawan could be the new capital of Thailand at this rate!!

MOre news on the shopping front for NS is that and I have been hearing this for a couple of years is that there is to be another Tesco Lotus superstore along the Pitsanulok road, I am gathering its north of the river so keep your eyes and ears peeled! Nakhon Sawan could be the new capital of Thailand at this rate!!

So we have 2 BigC an almost new Tesco and now another. Question where are they going to find the punter's to fill them.

Re the new capital H/M had to go to BKK last Monday and the traffic even the fume's for a change were passable. On the way back I ventured through N/S yes I know very foolish had thing's changed well no hoards of traffic smog (I see the clock is still telling the wrong time) looks like N/S has already taken over from BKK or at least well on it's way. Here's a thought maybe they have started to ship the rubbish up there to give you a start.

N/B on the way to BKK I used the by-pass now all up and running well except for the new patch's that have been put in where they made a bugger up the first time, keep a look out just before the bridge at speed you will be thrown all over the place thank Buddha the Limo has VSC.

H/M.

K.K.PHET.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

I am told there are up to 60 TEFL English Teachers in NS, some of whom can be spotted at the weekend in various bars around the lake, or in Dawvdeong.

There are a number of retired types who seem to leave home only for necessary trips to Tesco or Big C.

Many afternoons will see a friendly group in the original Big C near the Chang servery.

1230 to 1400 hrs, come and solve the worlds problems.

So we have 2 BigC an almost new Tesco and now another. Question where are they going to find the punter's to fill them.

Re the new capital H/M had to go to BKK last Monday and the traffic even the fume's for a change were passable. On the way back I ventured through N/S yes I know very foolish had thing's changed well no hoards of traffic smog (I see the clock is still telling the wrong time) looks like N/S has already taken over from BKK or at least well on it's way. Here's a thought maybe they have started to ship the rubbish up there to give you a start.

N/B on the way to BKK I used the by-pass now all up and running well except for the new patch's that have been put in where they made a bugger up the first time, keep a look out just before the bridge at speed you will be thrown all over the place thank Buddha the Limo has VSC.

H/M.

K.K.PHET.

W.H.CITY.

There are plenty of punters in N/S with loads of dosh to spend ( probably up to their eyes in debt) so no problems there and with special excursion trains running from Pitchit and Pitsanulok should not be a problem, they would run excursions from KPP but its not on the rail network and not likely to be, time passed it by, even the bus station was designed for horse and carts, well thats what the aroma tells mecoffee1.gif

• Like 1

H/M.

K.K.PHET.

W.H.CITY.

There are plenty of punters in N/S with loads of dosh to spend ( probably up to their eyes in debt) so no problems there and with special excursion trains running from Pitchit and Pitsanulok should not be a problem, they would run excursions from KPP but its not on the rail network and not likely to be, time passed it by, even the bus station was designed for horse and carts, well thats what the aroma tells mecoffee1.gif

Nice to see your back on line exeter.

In answer to our bus station smelling of Horse dung you might have caught the wiff from H/M stable's. I have been away for what felt like year's but was 4 month's and Mrs H/M in my absence did not do her job to well, then again it might have been on the day she visited the affore mentioned B/Station.

Note to self must get her to wash more than her normal once a month.

As you have mentioned B/Stations that give's me the opportunity to mention the one in N/Smog for all the peep's that have not been there it's a must on the N/S tourist trail if you are coming from the north on the 1 several Km after you have entered the haze it's down a left hand side road quite easy to find as that's ware the smog get even thicker, point of interest if you can see it around the edge is where they cure the petrol pork and also the diesel duck a local delicacy, great so I'm told if you are suffering from constipation.

Now we get to the train station.

Trips to Pitso and Pitchet Oh what joy.

Tip. First look up the time's of said trains then arrive some two hour's later 'dont worry you wont miss the train as they are always late that's if they arrive at all' I also believe that they still run the old fasioned steam one's with the Thai style carrages the one's with no windows, Tip 2, dont forget to take washing goodies as by the time you get to Pitso some several hour's later you would be a trite grubby. Tip 3 take a picnic well wrapped as that grit get's everywhere.

They did ask us the upper class peep's from the World Heritage City to-wit K.P.Phet if we wanted a station but we refused it hands down the last thing we wanted is to make it easier for the lower class's to get here. Another reason we put the B/Station out side of K.P.Phet dont want to make it easy for the hoi-polloi to sneak in.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H.CITY.

H/M.

K.K.PHET.

W.H.CITY.

Nice to see your back on line exeter.

In answer to our bus station smelling of Horse dung you might have caught the wiff from H/M stable's. I have been away for what felt like year's but was 4 month's and Mrs H/M in my absence did not do her job to well, then again it might have been on the day she visited the affore mentioned B/Station.

Note to self must get her to wash more than her normal once a month.

As you have mentioned B/Stations that give's me the opportunity to mention the one in N/Smog for all the peep's that have not been there it's a must on the N/S tourist trail if you are coming from the north on the 1 several Km after you have entered the haze it's down a left hand side road quite easy to find as that's ware the smog get even thicker, point of interest if you can see it around the edge is where they cure the petrol pork and also the diesel duck a local delicacy, great so I'm told if you are suffering from constipation.

Now we get to the train station.

Trips to Pitso and Pitchet Oh what joy.

Tip. First look up the time's of said trains then arrive some two hour's later 'dont worry you wont miss the train as they are always late that's if they arrive at all' I also believe that they still run the old fasioned steam one's with the Thai style carrages the one's with no windows, Tip 2, dont forget to take washing goodies as by the time you get to Pitso some several hour's later you would be a trite grubby. Tip 3 take a picnic well wrapped as that grit get's everywhere.

They did ask us the upper class peep's from the World Heritage City to-wit K.P.Phet if we wanted a station but we refused it hands down the last thing we wanted is to make it easier for the lower class's to get here. Another reason we put the B/Station out side of K.P.Phet dont want to make it easy for the hoi-polloi to sneak in.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W.H.CITY.

Point of interest.

A new restaurant /Bar opened the other night in K.P.P sponsored by Chang beer, fridge's tables umbrella's etc. A group of H/M friend's visited last night, question do you have Chang lite?? solly no hab . Oh how about Chang export ? solly no hab. Chang draft ? solly no hab. Just the plain Chang then ? you've guessed it Solly no hab. Ok what do you have then ? only hab Leo. Oh how I love this place.

H/M.

I am expecting N/S to be on the proposed new High Speed Line when it finally get the go ahead, I can see many commuters using to Bangkok. Land prices here are going up like there was no tomorrow and this will make it feel no yesterday either! Yes N/S could be the next Dubai, Hampstead or Manhattan, might even get a new bus station to boot, this place is going places and I dont mean KPP ( zimmer frame city )!