Jump to content

Nakhon Sawan News


Recommended Posts

H/M would like to say a big thankyou to the Nakhon Smog elders for adding over 45 minutes to my trip to BKK on Friday.

 

This was due to the quality "or lack of" the roads there. I see that they are still using that well known company Bodge It and Op It. With the added bonus of even the freshly laid roads being taken care of by their other repair peeps Patch It and Pray.

 

The bypass is also closed for the full length on the down section so one has to travel down single file using the up side. What with the horrendous amounts of lorries and general traffic that abound in N/Smog it's a nightmare.

 

Suggest anyone that is going that way finds an alternative route or at least allow plenty of extra time.

In my estimation it wont get much better for the next several years and I'm not joking.

 

H/M K.P.PHET.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seedy, I agree with Bill above. In practice this forum covers various items relevant to Nakhon Sawan and Kamphaeng Phet and nearby areas. As far as I know it is the only forum that covers these

But then many of us would not know what is going on in the area. Just because it says Nakhon Sawan news does not only mean Nakhon Sawan. From Wikipedia Nakhon Sawan (Thai: นครสวรรค์) is one of the

Mine's actually 21 years old.  I was looking at new Pajero  Sports four years ago ($,$$$,$$$) before my wife died but I really don't see the need now .  It's actually in good condition with over 500,0

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

H/M would like to say a big thankyou to the Nakhon Smog elders for adding over 45 minutes to my trip to BKK on Friday.

 

This was due to the quality "or lack of" the roads there. I see that they are still using that well known company Bodge It and Op It. With the added bonus of even the freshly laid roads being taken care of by their other repair peeps Patch It and Pray.

 

The bypass is also closed for the full length on the down section so one has to travel down single file using the up side. What with the horrendous amounts of lorries and general traffic that abound in N/Smog it's a nightmare.

 

Suggest anyone that is going that way finds an alternative route or at least allow plenty of extra time.

In my estimation it wont get much better for the next several years and I'm not joking.

 

H/M K.P.PHET.

 

I usually bypass the N/S bypass by going down to Lat Yao and out to the  route 32 and BKK via Uthai Thani.

 

There is not a lot of difference in mileage for me but for Fred could go down the route 1 and cut over to Lat Yao and Uthai Thani, though I am not sure if the roads are wide enough or strong enough to take his Japanese made panzerkampfwagen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerkampfwagen_E-100

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

 

I usually bypass the N/S bypass by going down to Lat Yao and out to the  route 32 and BKK via Uthai Thani.

 

There is not a lot of difference in mileage for me but for Fred could go down the route 1 and cut over to Lat Yao and Uthai Thani, though I am not sure if the roads are wide enough or strong enough to take his Japanese made panzerkampfwagen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerkampfwagen_E-100

 

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

 

I usually bypass the N/S bypass by going down to Lat Yao and out to the  route 32 and BKK via Uthai Thani.

 

There is not a lot of difference in mileage for me but for Fred could go down the route 1 and cut over to Lat Yao and Uthai Thani, though I am not sure if the roads are wide enough or strong enough to take his Japanese made panzerkampfwagen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerkampfwagen_E-100

Thank Buddha I do have a Panzerkampwagen or 4X4 Tank as it's is known to the locals. As any small lump would I'm sure have suspension trouble due to the roads in N/Smog.

Sorry to say that any alternative route as you suggested is no good to H/M as it's well out of my way and would stick on even more time.

 

Thank Buddha I wont have to travel Via N/S for several months. Next time pencilled in is early November. when I have to go to that dreaded place Pattaya to see friends. Must say not looking forward to it Crap journey there, and Crap time once there. 

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

 

Thank Buddha I do have a Panzerkampwagen or 4X4 Tank as it's is known to the locals. As any small lump would I'm sure have suspension trouble due to the roads in N/Smog.

Sorry to say that any alternative route as you suggested is no good to H/M as it's well out of my way and would stick on even more time.

 

Thank Buddha I wont have to travel Via N/S for several months. Next time pencilled in is early November. when I have to go to that dreaded place Pattaya to see friends. Must say not looking forward to it Crap journey there, and Crap time once there. 

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

 

Flog your shiny tank to some mug who wants one and buy a bashed up old pickup truck. Take your time in getting places, relax and enjoy the view as it slowly passes the window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billd766 said:

 

Flog your shiny tank to some mug who wants one and buy a bashed up old pickup truck. Take your time in getting places, relax and enjoy the view as it slowly passes the window.

Everyone has to take their time now. They had several speed checks in both directions on the 1/32 stopping all and fining peeps I think 500bht that were going above 110kph. I was told by my cab driver that 110 was fine anything over that you will be in trouble. So I always stick my tank at 108kph in cruse control.

Question does your bashed up old pick up have C/Control. Or do you have to keep your foot or a brick on the peddle for hundreds of K/M???

 

H/M K.P.PHET.

Edited by fredob43
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Everyone has to take their time now. They had several speed checks in both directions on the 1/32 stopping all and fining peeps I think 500bht that were going above 110kph. I was told by my cab driver that 110 was fine anything over that you will be in trouble. So I always stick my tank at 108kph in cruse control.

Question does your bashed up old pick up have C/Control. Or do you have to keep your foot or a brick on the peddle for hundreds of K/M???

 

H/M K.P.PHET.

 

My old truck is pre most things. No electronics though it does have central locking and electric windows (when they work). I can lift the bonnet and actually see what is there. There is no point for a computer to be plugged in, a couple of years ago we upgraded the sound system from a cassette deck to a CD player.

 

No cruise control, no 10 speed,twin clutch auto gearbox, just 5 on the floor and reverse.

 

It is nearly 18 years old with 377,xxx km on the clock and the start up rattles go away after a couple of minutes. I still get around 12.5 km/lt. The great thing is that I can take it to Somchai Fixit for a service or repair and it doesn't cost me an arm or a leg to pay the bill.

 

HiSos take a look at it and decide to keep out of the way and I can leave it unlocked with the key in it and nobody steals it. Some even leave money out of pity for me.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, billd766 said:

HiSos take a look at it and decide to keep out of the way and I can leave it unlocked with the key in it and nobody steals it. Some even leave money out of pity for me.

Hee hee hee...good one Bill!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Billd's suggested route is nice for those well west of AH1. For those coming down AH1 try coming down the 117. Turn left on 3523 and follow it to the last road before the river (Kosi). Make a left and go down to the bridge on Tumvitee. Up and over the bridge and you'll be dumped onto 225. Turn right and proceed to AH1 missing Nakhon Sawan's worst.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dave_boo said:

Billd's suggested route is nice for those well west of AH1. For those coming down AH1 try coming down the 117. Turn left on 3523 and follow it to the last road before the river (Kosi). Make a left and go down to the bridge on Tumvitee. Up and over the bridge and you'll be dumped onto 225. Turn right and proceed to AH1 missing Nakhon Sawan's worst.

Your route is fine for those that are coming from Suk or Phitsanulok but for those that are coming from Chang Mai down the AH1 it's well out of your way. I live in K.P.Phet and it takes as long to get to Phitso as it does to get to N/Smog. Added to that the 117 is also crap surface wise, well it was the last time I had the misfortune to travel on it.

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dave_boo said:

Billd's suggested route is nice for those well west of AH1. For those coming down AH1 try coming down the 117. Turn left on 3523 and follow it to the last road before the river (Kosi). Make a left and go down to the bridge on Tumvitee. Up and over the bridge and you'll be dumped onto 225. Turn right and proceed to AH1 missing Nakhon Sawan's worst.

Stand to be corrected but go down 117 further which is much better but started to break in places again, on a right turn off 117 is a new road ( 33 )  I think/remember and it comes back on to road 1  at the turn off to K.P.Phet going back the other way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, Kwasaki said:

Stand to be corrected but go down 117 further which is much better but started to break in places again, on a right turn off 117 is a new road ( 33 )  I think/remember and it comes back on to road 1  at the turn off to K.P.Phet going back the other way.

I think you are correct, but it leads you to the Bypass that at present is a pile of Cr/p with all the traffic having to go in single file. Adding yet more time for a trip down south. Oh and north.

 

H/M K.P.PHET.

Edited by fredob43
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

I think you are correct, but it leads you to the Bypass that at present is a pile of Cr/p with all the traffic having to go in single file. Adding yet more time for a trip down south. Oh and north.

 

H/M K.P.PHET.

Not like that now as resent as June. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not like that now as resent as June. 

I went to BKK last Friday week and it was hell. Roads up on the 1/32 then to crown it off single file on the bypass. Added to the lorries and hoards of general traffic it was a nightmare.

 

H/M.K.P.PHET.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen; you are both mostly correct.

 

Kwasaki; the road is the 122 not the 33. And you're correct that in the stretch between the 117 and AH1 it's rather nice.

 

fredob43; reading Kwasaki's post it sure sounds as if he's describing the northbound part of Nakhon Sawan bypass on the north side of the city. And that is heads and shoulders better than the southbound section.

 

Note: it's 2 1/2 km from my house so I kind of know what I'm talking about as I use it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...