Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

53 minutes ago, rott said:

I am told that "many" restaurants in NS will not serve alcohol with a meal.? 

Is this accurate information.? 

I have not heard that and I wouldn't go there if that was the case.

Edited by Chris.B

1 hour ago, rott said:

I am told that "many" restaurants in NS will not serve alcohol with a meal.? 

Is this accurate information.? 

The rules are that if your not in a blue zone no booze with your meal. N/S K.P.Phet and many others are not selling booze when eating. Mind you, you can still get it if you know where to go. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Since when?

A few weeks ago when the new rules came out about bars in Blue zones ETC to stop selling booze after 9pm. If you look up Blue zones it'll tell you where you can now get booze all the others zones are a No No. All a bit of a joke if take C/M some of it's a blue zone some not. All very hit and miss.

• Like 1

Just now, fredob43 said:

A few weeks ago when the new rules came out about bars in Blue zones ETC had to stop selling booze after 9pm. If you look up Blue zones it'll tell you where you can now get booze all the others zones are a No No. All a bit of a joke if take C/M some of it's a blue zone some not. All very hit and miss.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

The rules are that if your not in a blue zone no booze with your meal. N/S K.P.Phet and many others are not selling booze when eating. Mind you, you can still get it if you know where to go. 

Thank you for that Fred, spent most of Covid in places where licensing laws (and how to avoid them) are headline news, you forget how the other half lives. 

On 1/26/2022 at 3:01 PM, rott said:

Thank you for that Fred, spent most of Covid in places where licensing laws (and how to avoid them) are headline news, you forget how the other half lives. 

Looks like the law has changed yet again and you can now get Booze in Restaurant/Bars again all over Thailand, and to 11pm. Just wish they would make their minds up. This Thai government flip flops all the time. So you never know how you stand.   

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Looks like the law has changed yet again and you can now get Booze in Restaurant/Bars again all over Thailand, and to 11pm. Just wish they would make their minds up. This Thai government flip flops all the time. So you never know how you stand.   

Thanks for that Fred, when was it announced.? Missed it completely. 

Was in an NS Bistro yesterday, they did have beer in their fridge but said it was for take out only. 

Where did the info come from.? 

4 minutes ago, rott said:

Was in an NS Bistro yesterday, they did have beer in their fridge but said it was for take out only. 

I was with the upper class lads??? Thursday and they said that a restaurant we use can now sell booze. Seems they are correct as went there and they confirmed. Didn't ask for one, as I don't drink Thai beer anymore. Not gone tea total, just don't like lager beer. Now a great pint of draft bitter wouldn't go amiss.

Who knows what's happening here, as the rules change by the day. District by District. Tomorrow it'll all be different again. TIT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rott said:

What is the same of the Bistro? Any good?

22 minutes ago, rott said:

Good Old Days. Very nice place, but not a conventional boozer. Younger java drinking type crew, currently closing 5 pm. 

Have just contacted one of the upper class that live here. Update on what they said. Our local Restaurant is Shar registered, so can sell booze till 11pm. We are in the orange zone but many places in the orange zone some 90% still can't sell booze. Evidently Parts of Isan can't, and also Tak. There seems to be a map of sorts, that will tell you where you can and cant obtain booze. He is going to look for it and forward same. If I do eventually get it I'll post it but don't hold your breath.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Right have received the correct info. CCSA has said, dated from the 24 of this month that all RESTAURANTS can sell beer in the new Yellow zone till 11pm. K.P.Phet and you lower class lot + 22 other places that are in the new yellow zone can do likewise. So any Shar Restaurant should be able to sell booze. Bars NO. The full info on where drink can be obtained you can get from the Thaiger on Y/Tube. Sorry I can't seem to post it as I received it via an email and T/V won't let me forward same. Whatever now you know. Hope this helps. Please don't come here as you would require a K.P.Phet Visa and someone to second you. Sorry but that's just not going to happen. We do like to keep the place classy. 

HRH Hunt Master.

Fred to locals only.

So as I don't class as local 

suppose I'll have to address you as:-

That Firkin Fred Lad. 

I see. 

Well thanks for the info. I'll see if it checks out. ????

4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Right have received the correct info. CCSA has said, dated from the 24 of this month that all RESTAURANTS can sell beer in the new Yellow zone till 11pm. K.P.Phet and you lower class lot + 22 other places that are in the new yellow zone can do likewise. So any Shar Restaurant should be able to sell booze. Bars NO. The full info on where drink can be obtained you can get from the Thaiger on Y/Tube. Sorry I can't seem to post it as I received it via an email and T/V won't let me forward same. Whatever now you know. Hope this helps. Please don't come here as you would require a K.P.Phet Visa and someone to second you. Sorry but that's just not going to happen. We do like to keep the place classy. 

HRH Hunt Master.

Fred to locals only.

I wonder how many places here know about it or have the SHA certification. Not been out and about much but the four I tried on Monday knew nothing and neither did the one yesterday. Might have a nose around tomorrow. 

On 1/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, fredob43 said:

HRH Hunt Master.

Fred to locals only.

Once again thank you for that er Fffsomething or other. I thought I was in for an abstemious stay but well done. 

I understand your beer comments and agree but I can still tolerate the local stuff. I have to laugh at "debates" on forums, Leo is shoyte, no it's not Tiger is. How can you get that bothered about dross. 

• 1 month later...

I read of another reclassification of Provinces, not sure whether it affects us getting a drink.

Still not so many places in the Nakhon serving ale and those that are don't open till 6 (except S Bistro), not taking advantage of the 5 pm allowed by law.

Those that I am aware of include S Bistro, analog and one more in that Soi. There must be others, anyone else care to comment.? 

• 1 month later...

Anyone been for a drink anywhere to comment on.?

I've only been to S Bistro and analog which were fine and busy enough.

Generally things are not very encouraging, many places not bothering with the SHA and not serving alcohol. Time all this nonsense was over and places were allowed to conduct their businesses. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, rott said:

Anyone been for a drink anywhere to comment on.?

I've only been to S Bistro and analog which were fine and busy enough.

Generally things are not very encouraging, many places not bothering with the SHA and not serving alcohol. Time all this nonsense was over and places were allowed to conduct their businesses. 

I don't know what is up in N/S Rott. But all's fine in the upper class City of K.P.Phet. Have never had any problems getting a beer/drink. You could even get it when everywhere was in full lockdown. Most just picked up any empty bottles when they were empty. How they got away with it Buddha only knows but they did. EG I was sitting in a coffee place one time, Time around 1pm, and there was a table with some 6 Thai lads on it and their table was filled with full glasses and a part filled bottle of Leo. Seems they got one bottle of Leo at a time and once that was empty just took it back and returned with another full one. A little under the carpet but it worked.

Sorry for the late reply but I seldom go on Thai visa now. HRH.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1