BANGKOK
nong38

Nakhon Sawan News

Been really quiet here lately, no posts for over three months, hope everybody is still Okay.

I did my 1 year extension at Nakhon Sawan  last Thursday using the new Bank statement method since the US Embassy Income Affidavit is no longer available.  I did it three weeks early just in case there were problems.

The 12 month bank statement is not generated at my branch, Takhli, it comes from Bangkok and requires that you go to the bank and fill out and sign an application.  It takes 4-5 working days which I did.  I picked up the statement Thursday morning on the way to immigration.  The girl at the front desk reviewed my paperwork and told me that I also needed a letter from the bank showing the balance in the account even though the "official" bank statement showed the current balance, a whopping 645 baht.  I envisioned having to drive back to Takhli but she told me that I could get it at the local Branch next to the big market at the end of Sawanvitee road.  I went to the bank and getting the statement was no problem, another 100 baht in addition to the 200 baht for the bank statement.

When I got back the Officer, a different one than the Sgt. Major that has always done them in the past,  had already reviewed the paperwork so it was take my picture and get the documents signed by the chief.  It took about1 hour even with my side trip to the bank.  I also got a Residence certificate to renew my DL while I was there, cost 500 baht.

The new girl has been there for a while and speaks fairly good English and was efficient and friendly.

I stopped at Makro on the way home and was very disappointed; no lamb, no beef, no anchovies, no tortillas, no big blocks of cheese and the dishes and kitchen articles disappeared being replaced by take away paraphernalia.  Guess I saved some money but was looking at restocking my pantry and freezer.

All in all it was a shorter day than having to drive to Bangkok.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:04 AM, wayned said:

Been really quiet here lately, no posts for over three months, hope everybody is still Okay.

I did my 1 year extension at Nakhon Sawan  last Thursday using the new Bank statement method since the US Embassy Income Affidavit is no longer available.  I did it three weeks early just in case there were problems.

The 12 month bank statement is not generated at my branch, Takhli, it comes from Bangkok and requires that you go to the bank and fill out and sign an application.  It takes 4-5 working days which I did.  I picked up the statement Thursday morning on the way to immigration.  The girl at the front desk reviewed my paperwork and told me that I also needed a letter from the bank showing the balance in the account even though the "official" bank statement showed the current balance, a whopping 645 baht.  I envisioned having to drive back to Takhli but she told me that I could get it at the local Branch next to the big market at the end of Sawanvitee road.  I went to the bank and getting the statement was no problem, another 100 baht in addition to the 200 baht for the bank statement.

When I got back the Officer, a different one than the Sgt. Major that has always done them in the past,  had already reviewed the paperwork so it was take my picture and get the documents signed by the chief.  It took about1 hour even with my side trip to the bank.  I also got a Residence certificate to renew my DL while I was there, cost 500 baht.

The new girl has been there for a while and speaks fairly good English and was efficient and friendly.

I stopped at Makro on the way home and was very disappointed; no lamb, no beef, no anchovies, no tortillas, no big blocks of cheese and the dishes and kitchen articles disappeared being replaced by take away paraphernalia.  Guess I saved some money but was looking at restocking my pantry and freezer.

All in all it was a shorter day than having to drive to Bangkok.

Glad to hear that things are plodding along at your end Wayne. All going well here. 

I did my visa a month or so ago at jolly old K.P.Phet I/O. I don't use the income set up I have just put 800th: in the bank. Much easier than Marriage or income method. Letter from bank 100bht 1 page to fill out. 1 snap of my good self and a couple of copies of passport. Oh and they do now require a map of where you live. Wife did that only has to be done once as they keep it on file for future reference. Took around 30 min:

Off to Pattaya in a few weeks to see some friends that will be on holiday. Will be spending two whole nights there (Two nights to long for me) But enough time for a catch up. Might do a bit of shopping but the rest of the time will be unpacking, eating, And getting out ASAP. Little detour on the way back to pick up a local friend from the Airport. He will be arriving the day before and making his way to A/P the next morning.

Good to see that your still going along OK. Regards to all from us in K.P.Phet. 

Little update on why I don't put anything on TV now, Lately there just seems to be the same old people that need to get some sort of life, Just putting on their know it all know nothing rubbish on. TVF seems to be a dying breed bit like Yahoo. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

I agree Fred TVF seems to have lost some of it's pizzazz - whatever that is. Perhaps it's just the posters getting older, nothing is new, fresh and vibrant any more. Can't keep coming on just to say paradise is still great. 🙂

NS still has bars closing and opening, a few rumoured to be re-opening shortly, and the new kid on the block is the Blah Blah bar. So I am told anyway.

Thanks to Wayne for shaking us up a bit.

Edited by rott

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:01 PM, rott said:

I agree Fred TVF seems to have lost some of it's pizzazz - whatever that is. Perhaps it's just the posters getting older, nothing is new, fresh and vibrant any more. Can't keep coming on just to say paradise is still great. 🙂

NS still has bars closing and opening, a few rumoured to be re-opening shortly, and the new kid on the block is the Blah Blah bar. So I am told anyway.

Thanks to Wayne for shaking us up a bit.

H/M perchance was in N/Sawan yesterday the 5th Nov: trying to get wife and daughter a Passport. All went T/ts up as I didn't bring my passport. I & wife thought that all their stuff was enough. Well turns out that if a person is less than 20 years old father needs to have all their own goodies as well. Now have all required but will leave it a couple of days as trips to N/S are a tad boring at best. 

Roads have improved a tad but still not great surface wise. Not going to mention traffic. Oh I have, whatever still just a bad.

The clock outside Big C was about correct this time makes a change, but the Temp: gauge under it was all over the place saying it was a lot hotter than it was. At least 50% isn't to bad for N/S.

H/M K.P.Phet.