Nakhon Sawan News

19 hours ago, idannyb said:

Hi Wayned and others who may be in/near Nakhon Sawan. I just moved to NS a few weeks ago and settling in. I have rented a condo near the Lake (Hong Chai Krui center of town) by the Sri Sawan hospital. Wondering if you know of any local Thai language tutors who take on students for one-on-one daily tutoring sessions? I will be here in NS through March 2020 and really hope to improve my very basic Thai abilities. May move here permanently but that will depend on my Thai wife's ability to land a teaching job in NS

Also any restaurant recommendations near to central of town lake park?

Thanks 

Dan B

If you want to splash the cash, 4 5 6 near the bus station is highly recommended.

Analog in the Soi leading from the lake to the Aramis hotel has recently re-opened I am told, was always popular. Alternatively most of the open air Thai eating/drinking places by the lake are fine. Thais always rave about the Baan Isaan but it is up to a 20 minute drive away. My memory is a bit vague for further info.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seedy, I agree with Bill above. In practice this forum covers various items relevant to Nakhon Sawan and Kamphaeng Phet and nearby areas. As far as I know it is the only forum that covers these

But then many of us would not know what is going on in the area. Just because it says Nakhon Sawan news does not only mean Nakhon Sawan. From Wikipedia Nakhon Sawan (Thai: นครสวรรค์) is one of the

Mine's actually 21 years old.  I was looking at new Pajero  Sports four years ago ($,$$$,$$$) before my wife died but I really don't see the need now .  It's actually in good condition with over 500,0

Posted Images

Thanks for the welcome Wayne! I'm enjoying Nakhon Sawan so far ... the night scene around the city center lake park is really something! It's a hub of athletic and social activities ... Tai Chi in the morning hours and fitness dancing at night, along with most every popular sport in Thailand: running, biking, badminton, basketball, volleyball, roller-blading, skateboarding and several sports I'm not familiar with-- a Thai version of croquet and a version of boce ball. Those are but a few of the activities that many thousands partake in here at the lake park. I still play some basketball and have joined some of the games here at the park. But I'm 62 and can't jump anymore. Fun nonetheless. 

I'll keep searching for a local Thai tutor. I'm sure I will eventually find someone who can help me get a better footing with the native language.

Best 

idannyb

2 hours ago, rott said:

A very unfortunate choice then Fred. Plenty of cheap options about although to be fair I am thinking daytime.

One excellent night cheapo is opposite the Wonderful 1 bar in Soi Yamato (13/1 to newbies) alongside the Privi hotel, limited choice but for between 40 to 60 baht a plate no complaints at all.

Not seen a rat here for a long time though I don't doubt their presence. Definitely no snakes, more than can be said for NS and KP. Excellent places though they are. 🙂

Alas I didn't pick the restaurant my friends did. I do know Patts very well and I would have picked a much different place. But as stated they do like plain food (Nothing spicy). Their Hotel was in Nakluea, so unless we went local it was B/Bus time. And I try not to get those if possible.

Whatever it wasn't to bad for H/M as they paid for the meal anyway.

Re the rats in Patts. They tend to come out night time. I was watching them at play as I sat on my balcony gazing at the Ladies at their work. Or coming home? after a short time. Strange how they find these funny hours jobs.

H/M K.P.Phet. 

On 12/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, Chris.B said:

Xmas coming!

Where is the nearest Xmas dinner I can get to Nakhon Sawan/Kamphaeng phet?

I think you will be lucky if anywhere is doing anything in Nakhon Sawan. Just not enough farang about.

If you are looking for a bit of farang company on the 25th try the Malee (in the Soi mentioned re Analog) or the Blah Blah bar, lunchtimeish.

Edited by rott
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 1:49 PM, idannyb said:

Thanks for the welcome Wayne! I'm enjoying Nakhon Sawan so far ... the night scene around the city center lake park is really something! It's a hub of athletic and social activities ... Tai Chi in the morning hours and fitness dancing at night, along with most every popular sport in Thailand: running, biking, badminton, basketball, volleyball, roller-blading, skateboarding and several sports I'm not familiar with-- a Thai version of croquet and a version of boce ball. Those are but a few of the activities that many thousands partake in here at the lake park. I still play some basketball and have joined some of the games here at the park. But I'm 62 and can't jump anymore. Fun nonetheless. 

I'll keep searching for a local Thai tutor. I'm sure I will eventually find someone who can help me get a better footing with the native language.

Best 

idannyb

How is NS treating you then, if you're still there? 

Don't know what's gone wrong with this forum, used to be the pride of the Central Plain. I think a general decline in enthusiasm for posting etc. 

On 7/5/2020 at 3:09 AM, rott said:

How is NS treating you then, if you're still there? 

Don't know what's gone wrong with this forum, used to be the pride of the Central Plain. I think a general decline in enthusiasm for posting etc. 

Stuck in USA and hoping to be allowed to come back to be w wife and family. Not easy right now... Thai Govt has set up many flaming hoops that I must jump through. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah. Yes a problem. 

But possibly getting a bit easier now. 

Can only wish you all the best. 

• 1 month later...

If any of you get one of those "Life Certificates" from the Pension Service in the UK, the form they send for proof of life which ensures your UK State Pension will continue to be paid,  NS Immigration can witness the form for you. The forms are sent out randomly so you may never get one or you may get more than one over time but its handy to know that they will sign and stamp for you.

• Like 1
On 5/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, Chris.B said:

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Nakhon Sawan?

The one I use is on the corner opposite the Technical College in Sawanvittee. opposite side of the Road to BIG C and about 300 yards down, they are closed on Wednesday.

There is a new bus station soon to be built on the Krok Pra road in Kowloon district, its on the corner of Sawnvittee 67 opposite the current bus shelter, the land is being cleared slowly and I suspect it will be for smaller buses/vans.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 10:51 AM, nong38 said:

If any of you get one of those "Life Certificates" from the Pension Service in the UK, the form they send for proof of life which ensures your UK State Pension will continue to be paid,  NS Immigration can witness the form for you. The forms are sent out randomly so you may never get one or you may get more than one over time but its handy to know that they will sign and stamp for you.

I got one of those this morning. It's my 3rd in 7+ years. Got the first one signed in N/S I/O, as I had to use them then. The last one at my Bank in K.P.Phet. So Tuesday I will pop along to K/K bank, and get them to do it again. Our local cops shop also does it. N/B I just got them to stamp it and I filled out the other bit's in English. Whatever it's a pain in the Butt.

H/M. K.P.Phet.