Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

About time I posted my report of my stay in Nakorn Smog although the smog was non existent during this stay though I still bought my own oxygen just in case.

The Bonito Chinos was in general an excellent choice. The rooms are large new and well decorated with first class furniture...but rather dim as though the light fittings were good and expensive a couple of them lacked light bulbs.

The hotel is well decorated and the staff were pleasant and the room cleaned well.

I was advised on questioning the staff that the name was Spanish and meant Beautiful Chinese. I have the idea there at some stage there was a beautiful Chinese person with a connection to Spain.

The hotel has a rooftop restaurant which was quite pleasant and the food was to mind reasonably priced. I had a steak which was acceptable and my wife had a fish with somtum which she pronounced as excellent as she methodically tried to work her way from tail to head with out success. The next night she had lap and I had chicken with cashew nuts...delicious.

Staff throughout were quite friendly.

Breakfast was served in a downstairs restaurant with a good assortment of chinese thai and the usual cpp breakfast fare. Eggs were basically cooked to order. Everything looked and tasted fresh. Redshirts would not like the photo of Ahtitsit at the hotel opening that was on the wall.

The hotel has a fully accessible ADA specification toilet on the ground floor. The best I have seen in Thailand though sadly the bathroom in the room was difficult impossible to enter with a wheelchair.

Biggest complaint was coffee. In the restaurant I ordered a capppachino and received a half cup of black coffee and a shot glass with about 2ccm of milk.

Thinking this may be a mistake I tried again in the coffee shop which had a beautiful esspresso machine. You guessed it, same again. Someone will have to teach them how to make a real Itallan or Australian Cappachino.

I cannot report on BigC because there was no way to get across the road.

Having read your post HRR I have gleaned that you spent TWO night in N/S may I ask why two I would have thought that one would have been one to many ???.... Oh got it now the car must have broken down, air filter clogged per chance.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H/CITY.

About time I posted my report of my stay in Nakorn Smog although the smog was non existent during this stay though I still bought my own oxygen just in case.

The Bonito Chinos was in general an excellent choice. The rooms are large new and well decorated with first class furniture...but rather dim as though the light fittings were good and expensive a couple of them lacked light bulbs.

The hotel is well decorated and the staff were pleasant and the room cleaned well.

I was advised on questioning the staff that the name was Spanish and meant Beautiful Chinese. I have the idea there at some stage there was a beautiful Chinese person with a connection to Spain.

The hotel has a rooftop restaurant which was quite pleasant and the food was to mind reasonably priced. I had a steak which was acceptable and my wife had a fish with somtum which she pronounced as excellent as she methodically tried to work her way from tail to head with out success. The next night she had lap and I had chicken with cashew nuts...delicious.

Breakfast was served in a downstairs restaurant with a good assortment of chinese thai and the usual cpp breakfast fare. Eggs were basically cooked to order. Everything looked and tasted fresh. Redshirts would not like the photo of Ahtitsit at the hotel opening that was on the wall.

The hotel has a fully accessible ADA specification toilet on the ground floor. The best I have seen in Thailand though sadly the bathroom in the room was difficult impossible to enter with a wheelchair.

Biggest complaint was coffee. In the restaurant I ordered a capppachino and received a half cup of black coffee and a shot glass with about 2ccm of milk.

Thinking this may be a mistake I tried again in the coffee shop which had a beautiful esspresso machine. You guessed it, same again. Someone will have to teach them how to make a real Itallan or Australian Cappachino.

Having read your post HRR I have gleaned that you spent TWO night in N/S may I ask why two I would have thought that one would have been one to many ???.... Oh got it now the car must have broken down, air filter clogged per chance.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H/CITY.

actually 3

one on the way to Bangkok and 2 on the way back.

It was a good place to fix my constipation as it had such a good toilet and you know it gives everyone the sh...

H/M K.P.P.

W/H/CITY.

actually 3

one on the way to Bangkok and 2 on the way back.

It was a good place to fix my constipation as it had such a good toilet and you know it gives everyone the sh...

3 A oh dear, and your still with us well done.

H/M. K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

I have lived in N/S for some time without a gas mask and I find it a delightful place to live. I really cannot understand those whingers from KPP dreamland, we support your economy no end drinking all that Chang and Export you are really u n happy lot I would suggest that if you can only whinge about N/S life must be pretty low in KPP you should all move to the outskirts of N/S we can open a National Park to keep you inbiggrin.png

I have lived in N/S for some time without a gas mask and I find it a delightful place to live. I really cannot understand those whingers from KPP dreamland, we support your economy no end drinking all that Chang and Export you are really u n happy lot I would suggest that if you can only whinge about N/S life must be pretty low in KPP you should all move to the outskirts of N/S we can open a National Park to keep you inbiggrin.png

What ho Exeter.

I thought that you had left, long time no hear. If you look at the N/S post's further down you will see that H/M just gave it a glowing report well factual anyway. With regard's to the National Park you had better move quick as the one you have nearby at the moment old Yingluck I do believe is going to flood big time for the new dam. Might have to build the new one for us upper class on an island or at least on stilt's. I don't know where your getting all the water from in your river but it's not coming from us lot in K.P.P here it's down to a trickle with sand (Clean) bank's everyware. You can even walk across to the island here not a drop of water in sight. I will say it myself it's looking very drab, a real pore show.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

What ho Exeter.

I thought that you had left, long time no hear. If you look at the N/S post's further down you will see that H/M just gave it a glowing report well factual anyway. With regard's to the National Park you had better move quick as the one you have nearby at the moment old Yingluck I do believe is going to flood big time for the new dam. Might have to build the new one for us upper class on an island or at least on stilt's. I don't know where your getting all the water from in your river but it's not coming from us lot in K.P.P here it's down to a trickle with sand (Clean) bank's everyware. You can even walk across to the island here not a drop of water in sight. I will say it myself it's looking very drab, a real pore show.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

The other side of Mae Wong National park is at the end of our land and will not be flooded though there is a plan to dam the valley where my wifes shop is.

I have now returned to London after my weel in Penzance. Whilst in Cornwall, had trips out to Plymouth ( home of the Royal Navy), Camborne, Falmouth and St Ives. Had a good few pasties, indeed early in the morning the aroma of pasties filled the air, but they aint cheap! In Cornwall a medium pasty is from £2.35 upwards, whilst in Plymouth £1.70. Fish and chips in Penzance were £4.90 and pretty good taste as well. On my trip to Falmouth I call in at a chippie that does an OAP special, Fish and chips, mushy peas, bread and flora, pot of tea for £5.75, not bad by todays prices but 2 years ago it was £4.95! But good none the less. Had some excellent west country brews as well including Sharps Doom Bar. Trains ran well and were very busy, coming back last saturday passed a Deltic special heading for Penzance, it was Mazey Day.

The weather has now improved for a few days but it still not make me want to stay.

The train ride from Paddington to Penzance is a joy and reminds me what beautiful scenery the UK has, even so...

I have now returned to London after my weel in Penzance. Whilst in Cornwall, had trips out to Plymouth ( home of the Royal Navy), Camborne, Falmouth and St Ives. Had a good few pasties, indeed early in the morning the aroma of pasties filled the air, but they aint cheap! In Cornwall a medium pasty is from £2.35 upwards, whilst in Plymouth £1.70. Fish and chips in Penzance were £4.90 and pretty good taste as well. On my trip to Falmouth I call in at a chippie that does an OAP special, Fish and chips, mushy peas, bread and flora, pot of tea for £5.75, not bad by todays prices but 2 years ago it was £4.95! But good none the less. Had some excellent west country brews as well including Sharps Doom Bar. Trains ran well and were very busy, coming back last saturday passed a Deltic special heading for Penzance, it was Mazey Day.

The weather has now improved for a few days but it still not make me want to stay.

The train ride from Paddington to Penzance is a joy and reminds me what beautiful scenery the UK has, even so...

If you go that way again try a cheesy, hammy eggy with chips which is cheese on toast, ham and a fried egg on top. The last one was on the Devon/Cornwall border somewhere years ago and I only just managed to finish it. Great with HP sauce on it.

This June has been the wettest on record, you may have seen some of the floods, amazing just like Thailand!

Yesterday had a wonderful pint of Adnams Broadside and then thought I would try Elgoods Black Dog, lucky me only got a 1/2 it tasted like vinegar!

Today had something I do miss in LOS when not in Pattaya, boiled beetroot, very good as well.

Now about the midpoint of my visit. The novelty is wearing off! Fuel down to 131p a litre, strangely though nothing else seems to have come down that is associated with oily products, I expect they have forgotten, or are bankers.

This June has been the wettest on record, you may have seen some of the floods, amazing just like Thailand!

Yesterday had a wonderful pint of Adnams Broadside and then thought I would try Elgoods Black Dog, lucky me only got a 1/2 it tasted like vinegar!

Today had something I do miss in LOS when not in Pattaya, boiled beetroot, very good as well.

Now about the midpoint of my visit. The novelty is wearing off! Fuel down to 131p a litre, strangely though nothing else seems to have come down that is associated with oily products, I expect they have forgotten, or are bankers.

What ho Dave, nice to hear that your doing ok well except for the weather and the odd beer. Diesel is now under 30bt or about 60p a lt try that in blighty. With regard's to beetroot Makro's sell it but you have to boil it yourself only about an hour H/M has some in his fridge will cook it tomorrow delish. Half way through A, only another 6 week's + to go then. H/M would have jumped on the next plane week's ago your a martyr. But then again I don't live in N/S so who know's what I would do if that were the case.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Been down to the Railway Bell today for sunday lunch, sunday club at wetherspoons, roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, all the trimmings including extra gravy and a pint of Guinness £6.25! Jolly good it was too!

Tuesday I will down for steak club, all the steaks are now British beef, its bye bye to the south american stuff, £6.75 for sirlion (8oz) with chips or jacket, slad or peas, mushroon and tomato been very good what I have before and this includes a drink as well, so some upsides, 44 days to go, 58 completed, maybe I will get a certificate. 1st July and its cold, windy and wet!

Been down to the Railway Bell today for sunday lunch, sunday club at wetherspoons, roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, all the trimmings including extra gravy and a pint of Guinness £6.25! Jolly good it was too!

Tuesday I will down for steak club, all the steaks are now British beef, its bye bye to the south american stuff, £6.75 for sirlion (8oz) with chips or jacket, slad or peas, mushroon and tomato been very good what I have before and this includes a drink as well, so some upsides, 44 days to go, 58 completed, maybe I will get a certificate. 1st July and its cold, windy and wet!

That's 14.5 week's in total Dave have you lost the plot??? and you have still got over 6 or 1032 hour's to go. Get on the next plane nothing is worth that, bugger me you would get less time in jail for murder. Or moved to an inactive post if you were here. Enjoy the Guinness, by the way you can get a pint of that in BKK for under £4 and the food would be cheaper so about the same as Weatherspoons. Would you like the phone No: for EVA AIR???

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

My daughter has arranged a farewell weekend for me and as it had to arranged around the fish and chip special on the local steam railway, I had to wait a bit, I will not see her again for about 9 months.

Yesterday I went to the RAF Museum and a wrhtwhile visit indeed, when I arrived at the entrance I somehow got mixed up with 2 coach loads of German visitors, you could not make it up!

Today I have been to the Bomber Command Memorial in Green Park, excellent ver emotive and lots of people there as well, then I saw 2 of the new routemasters on route 38, could not get to either bus stop in time so will have to go again and try my luck at Victoria.

Breaking news that 2 Tornados have crashed near Lossiemouth, one is in the sea the other is missing.

Andreas Villas-Boas new Spurs manager.

Had a good steak today at wetherspoons.

Today I have been up to Victoria, after 20 mins one of the new Routemasters turned up on route 38 Victoria-Hackney Central, went as far as Piccadilly. Very good, 2 sets of closing doors and the open platform at the back. Steps at the front behind the driver and the tradional one at the rear. Front seat upstairs then down the back stairs oand off the platform, excellent bus, just the job for London. No rain today and 22C.

Today I have been up to Victoria, after 20 mins one of the new Routemasters turned up on route 38 Victoria-Hackney Central, went as far as Piccadilly. Very good, 2 sets of closing doors and the open platform at the back. Steps at the front behind the driver and the tradional one at the rear. Front seat upstairs then down the back stairs oand off the platform, excellent bus, just the job for London. No rain today and 22C.

A New Routemaster. Are they still as expencive as all the other transport there??? Just looked at the forcast BBC for London and it's the odd shower some heavy that's for the next few day's temp in the upper teen's 67/8f to us oldies bugger me it's July. Not much better here it's only got up to 30c that's 84f with the odd bit of cloud about at 11am. Keep plodding on and enjoy the English beer, only another 5+++ week's to go EEEEEK. Good job your not in Devon the weather there is horiffic heavy rain and the temp not getting up above 16C that's for the next week and there is also a chance of flooding.

H/M K.K.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Hey Fred, I came down the mountain yesterday and popped in to see Paul.

I got a tour of his mansion and two, yes two free cups of coffee AND a chocolate biscuit and there was no mention of money though I would have taken it if he had offered.

I looked at the water level in the Ping river and it is quite low so no flooding for NakWan this week anyway.

I got a tour of his mansion and two, yes two free cups of coffee AND a chocolate biscuit and there was no mention of money though I would have taken it if he had offered.

I looked at the water level in the Ping river and it is quite low so no flooding for NakWan this week anyway.

What ho Bill, Paul's Mansion, Mansion, you mean his two up and two down. Of course he wont charge he use's powdered milk cheap charley coffee and Thai Aro tea bag's. All H/M goodies are imported hence the cost's. Re flood's in N/Smog I was there the other week and all be it the water here then was well down, there it was like a raging torrent and a brown sludge one at that. Oh has he got his Honda yet ??? should have got it last Monday but there was no mention of it when I saw him last Tuesday night at Mike's Oasis restaurant.

To the N/S peep's the Oasis is just one of the restaurant's here that sell English food Oh and German Beer Dave. Nice steak and kidney pie anyone.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

What ho Bill, Paul's Mansion, Mansion, you mean his two up and two down. Of course he wont charge he use's powdered milk cheap charley coffee and Thai Aro tea bag's. All H/M goodies are imported hence the cost's. Re flood's in N/Smog I was there the other week and all be it the water here then was well down, there it was like a raging torrent and a brown sludge one at that. Oh has he got his Honda yet ??? should have got it last Monday but there was no mention of it when I saw him last Tuesday night at Mike's Oasis restaurant.

To the N/S peep's the Oasis is just one of the restaurant's here that sell English food Oh and German Beer Dave. Nice steak and kidney pie anyone.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

More like 22 up and 3 across judging by the amount of stairs I climbed, however there are oxygen stations every 5 floors (for a price).

Nice gaff but too clean, b right and shiney for me used to living out in the sticks.

He got his Honda Friday afternoon not long after I left.

Got good offer at Waitrose this week, 3 bottles of Adnams Broadside for £5. More good news returning on the 15th of next month with Emirates.

The bad news is travel Inurance, UK residency has now risen from 3 months to 6 months prior to purchase, anyone doing the same as me should be looking out this "what constitutes UK residency" in the small print.

Blue skies today for a change but condensation on the outside windows, cold last night.

Got good offer at Waitrose this week, 3 bottles of Adnams Broadside for £5. More good news returning on the 15th of next month with Emirates.

The bad news is travel Inurance, UK residency has now risen from 3 months to 6 months prior to purchase, anyone doing the same as me should be looking out this "what constitutes UK residency" in the small print.

Blue skies today for a change but condensation on the outside windows, cold last night.

Got friend's that live in Devon just outside Exeter last night the temp: was 8c that's 48f to us oldies not far orrrf freezing point oh and raining so no change there. Just looked at the BBC weather and for the next 5 day's it will continue to be same with a top temp: of 16c 18c in London bugger me it's July. By the way the chap giving the forecast on Hungerford bridge (London) was waring an over coat. 15th of August is still 34 day's away exactly 5 week's time your here that's a life time. Temp today 35c that's 95f sunny with the odd bit of cloud about. Not to sure what your on about re the insurance 3/6 month's bit but H/M doesn't bother as the last time I got a quote they wanted a short £800 by now that would be nearer £1,000, almost as much as my air fare. But don't even think I can get it as H/M is now Non resident, save's on British TAX EEEEEK. Enjoy your Adnams and don't forget your scaff when you go out.

H/M.K.P.P.

W/H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

One was summoned by the Hunt Master to go to his castle in the rolling plains of the UNESCO province,so,off me and Mrs.OG galloped,her on her favourite dapple grey and yours truly on his palomino,to be met at the drawbridge by Fred,resplendent in his smoking jacket and jodhpurs.With a nonchalant wave of his riding crop,we were ushered into the hall and treated to tea and crumpets,the cost of which he kindly added to the national debt.What about the new kitchen I hear you ask? Well,Mrs. H/M has it under lock and key but we were allowed a peek (at a nominal fee,ofcourse) and it was a sight to behold.Still unused as the Kamphaeng Phet Tourist Board have added to their tourist trail.....Mondays,Wednesdays and Fridays,if your interested.

I was never offered crumpets!!!!!

Methinks that I shall have to get the wild horsemen of the hills to come to the hall of the Mountain King and nip over to KPP for a bit of rape and pillage and crumpet hijacking.

I haven't had any tasty crumpet for a long time.

Methinks that I shall have to get the wild horsemen of the hills to come to the hall of the Mountain King and nip over to KPP for a bit of rape and pillage and crumpet hijacking.

Better not get lost and end up near Pichet...If I remember right they had a bit of crumpet who fought off the Burmese with her two swords when they came there looking for crumpet and gold..

Are you trying to tell me that Freds place is Thailand's equivalent to Buckingham Palace? What on earth does he put in that tea and spread on the crumpets!

Sounds more like Dreamland to me, you know the one in Margatecheesy.gif

Are you trying to tell me that Freds place is Thailand's equivalent to Buckingham Palace? What on earth does he put in that tea and spread on the crumpets!

Sounds more like Dreamland to me, you know the one in Margatecheesy.gif

Buck Palace Buddha forbid far to ostentatious, but H/M must admit that his establishment does bear some resemblance to a large French Chateau.

Re the IMPORTED Crumpet's they are served to my upper class chum's and member's of the Hunt free of course, Local tennent farmer's (Bill) all be it they tend several thousand acre's have to pay, H/M is not running a soup kitchen for the needy.

Lower class peep's from N/Smog especially those frequenting place's like Margate will be fed to the Irish Wolf Hound's so beware.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Love the cut outs,Bill. Very art nouveau.

Better not get lost and end up near Pichet...If I remember right they had a bit of crumpet who fought off the Burmese with her two swords when they came there looking for crumpet and gold..

That sounds like the sort of thing my missus would do,Aitch.

That sounds like the sort of thing my missus would do,Aitch.

Must agree but she would only need one sword, Mr's H/M would just need to look and they would disperse sharpist. Come to think of it a photo would do the trick.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

So Fred we now know who wears the pants at the stablescheesy.gif !

Now today in London we have nor rain, middle of JUly and max temp forecsat of 15C, good here isnt it! Meanwhile Waitrose have another 3 beers for £5 on offer so will be up there later this morning, it includes "Spitfire" and "London Pride" will let you know what others later, do think of these when you are drinking your Thai drink tonightbiggrin.png one of the few advantages here!

Olympic timetables went into action yesterday, great start, Victoria Line completely closed for the weekend.

Another nice touch, Bruce Springstein and Paul Macartney do a gig in a central London Park had there equipment turned off at 1030 to comply with local by-laws, amazing.