Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Latest news from the waterfront is that there now covered awnings over the prom for spectators for the boat racing although the commentators box has yet to emerge. Market begining to open at 1100, before this time you can get through with a motorbike, go to Immigration early you might be lucky but I would still go by BIG C and down Sawanvittee, they might be stocking up.

Been to Bella Coffee today at Vittethep, had a cheese burger ( pork or chicken and home made) very good and a few crinkle cut chips with it as well 70bts,they also do a bigger version at 90bts with eggs etc. Also you might be glad to hear that you can just buy a beer you DONT have to or are expected to buy food, just like a pub or bar then. Singha (50cl) 60bts, Leo ( 63cl) 70bts. All accompanied by the sort of background music you might remember and at a level that you still converse, coming to Immigration this should be your next port of call!

Armando also does home made Italian style Pizzas but as he has to make the dough he only does about 6 a day, so, if you fancy one, ring ahead and place your order, must get his number some time!!!! ( sounds like Fred that bit ). Reports are that they good.

H/M tried to put a reply in but as usual TV wouldn't let me. Just blanked the page have had the same problem (Several times) in fact no matter what comp: country I'm in. About time TV got themselves sorted.

N/B TV it never happens on any other site, so has to be you.

Will try again later once TV has woken up.

H.M.

Fred.

Latest news from the waterfront is that there now covered awnings over the prom for spectators for the boat racing although the commentators box has yet to emerge. Market begining to open at 1100, before this time you can get through with a motorbike, go to Immigration early you might be lucky but I would still go by BIG C and down Sawanvittee, they might be stocking up.

Been to Bella Coffee today at Vittethep, had a cheese burger ( pork or chicken and home made) very good and a few crinkle cut chips with it as well 70bts,they also do a bigger version at 90bts with eggs etc. Also you might be glad to hear that you can just buy a beer you DONT have to or are expected to buy food, just like a pub or bar then. Singha (50cl) 60bts, Leo ( 63cl) 70bts. All accompanied by the sort of background music you might remember and at a level that you still converse, coming to Immigration this should be your next port of call!

Armando also does home made Italian style Pizzas but as he has to make the dough he only does about 6 a day, so, if you fancy one, ring ahead and place your order, must get his number some time!!!! ( sounds like Fred that bit ). Reports are that they good.

H/M tried to put a reply in but as usual TV wouldn't let me. Just blanked the page have had the same problem (Several times) in fact no matter what comp: country I'm in. About time TV got themselves sorted.

N/B TV it never happens on any other site, so has to be you.

Will try again later once TV has woken up.

H.M.

Fred.

Just tried to put in yet another post yes you've guessed it TV blanked it yet again.

Sorry to say that I will leave TV alone for the next few week's an update from H.M later when TV gets their act together.

N/B took me 3 goes before TV let me put this one in.

H/M.

Fred.

The telephone number is 083-0950465 or 099-1647869.

The market along the riverside between the main bridge and the Srinakorn Market is still underway so it will be there until at least next monday avoid the area, there are barriers around. If you need to get ti Immigration go down the road by BIG C (Sawanvittee) until you see the Police station, then turn just by the left side (49).

The market carries on until officially the 4th, expect it to go a little longer than that as rents have been paid and profits need to be maximized! So the 6th by the time most of it is packed away. The commentators box has been erected for the long boat racing which I think will be on saturday today along with the PA system which you should hear in neighbouring provinces so no need to come to actually see it unless your desperate for a traffic jam!

The market carries on until officially the 4th, expect it to go a little longer than that as rents have been paid and profits need to be maximized! So the 6th by the time most of it is packed away. The commentators box has been erected for the long boat racing which I think will be on saturday today along with the PA system which you should hear in neighbouring provinces so no need to come to actually see it unless your desperate for a traffic jam!

Thank Buddha H/M isn't there.

We have the same sort of thing in K.P.P I think it starts after yours. Does H/M go no never.

It's also on the local TV channel. Like football much better to look at it via that than going, having to put up with the crowds demanding signatures, selfies, some sort of new craze allegedly.

Right T/Visa still has problems with their set up, has only been since they have been asking if one wants to sign up for their emails.

News on Blighty cold temp: at night dropping down to the lower figures, warming a trite daytime before it dives yet again.

Labour party has just had their conference with their new leader making a plonker of himself yet again. All to do with the fact that whatever happens he wouldn't press the button.

Dads Army still making an appearance I think they think that David is still in residence.

Cant wait to get back on the 28th Oct:

H/M.

Fred.

What a hero staying in the hub of the world until after Trafalgar Day! No doubt you will tuning into the Conservative Party conference to search out the replacement for DC, will it be Boris or George? George is apparently like DC a Eurofile so will Boris jump into the other camp? We are counting on the Pearly King to lead us here!

When you are leading your cavalcade along the by-pass, no doubt calling in at Global House, the Tokland Gentry will be making the final visit of the year to Pattaya, a trading visit coupled with the good will gesture for the locals to visit the centre of Culture which is Nakhon Sawan and definetly not KPP where the popular culture appears to surround the bus station and some stables, that have not been cleaned out since you fled to Blighty!

We had a good bit of rain over the last few days, the last ended at 0900 on the 3rd, more due next week from the 5th apparently.

What a hero staying in the hub of the world until after Trafalgar Day! No doubt you will tuning into the Conservative Party conference to search out the replacement for DC, will it be Boris or George? George is apparently like DC a Eurofile so will Boris jump into the other camp? We are counting on the Pearly King to lead us here!

When you are leading your cavalcade along the by-pass, no doubt calling in at Global House, the Tokland Gentry will be making the final visit of the year to Pattaya, a trading visit coupled with the good will gesture for the locals to visit the centre of Culture which is Nakhon Sawan and definetly not KPP where the popular culture appears to surround the bus station and some stables, that have not been cleaned out since you fled to Blighty!

We had a good bit of rain over the last few days, the last ended at 0900 on the 3rd, more due next week from the 5th apparently.

Boris will still be Mayor till next year, was thinking of applying for the job but it seems although I am just the man to succeed him H/M would have to stay full time in Blighty and that would never do.

So you are leaving the so called hub for yet another trip to the great Pattaya traffic driving you mad in N/S???. Sorry to say you won't get any relief there.

A full report will be winging it's way a trite later as one might be having to go to the hell hole as well.

A few chums will be staying for a short break and H/M has been asked to attend. No guarantee I shall be going just hoping that one of the horses go lame at the appropriate time.

Now why should H/M call into Global house we have those hateful places in K.P.P and I stay well clear as much as I can.

Update on Blighty.

Still cold although we have had some decent sun over the last week or two, night time it's hovering around the low single figures so takes till mid afternoon before it warms up. Have also been informed that rain and lower temp: are on the way.

We have been knocked out 'read annihilated' of the Rugby by those bounders the Ausies. Dash pore show.

Cricket has finished nothing left to live for here.

Just counting the days till my orf on the 27th it cant come quick enough.

Even having to spend time ordering the staff not forgetting Mrs H/M about does have some benefits.

Note to self don't forget a new riding crop.

H/M.

Fred.

I see that T/Visa is still at it.

At least my post this time went in followed by an Oops TV is to busy to display the page please try later as the web page cannot be displayed at present.

Then a complete blank page. This Mods happens 90% of the time.

Rant over.

(Just had the same thing this time after posting the above on TV. My comp: went blank informing me that TV has a problem with displaying the web page)and I should try later.

N/B I do not have anything similar with other sites I visit.

Fredob 43.

Edited by fredob43

The market which should have finished yesterday is still there today! I will be along that way on wednesday and will let you know if it has gone. Fair bit of rain over the last few days but no flooding anywhere that I am aware of, River levels on the up.

Its school holidays, Big C will be packed and choose your times and visits to places like that or Mcdonalds etc. Surprisingly more traffic on the roads as well.

The market which should have finished yesterday is still there today! I will be along that way on wednesday and will let you know if it has gone. Fair bit of rain over the last few days but no flooding anywhere that I am aware of, River levels on the up.

Its school holidays, Big C will be packed and choose your times and visits to places like that or Mcdonalds etc. Surprisingly more traffic on the roads as well.

More traffic on the roads!!! H/M finds that a shade impossible to believe, maybe you meant to say totally clogged.

So the Big Mick might be doing some business at last, every time I have been passed it has been completely empty not one 'sucker' in sight.

Regards Big C it's always full well at least the smog ridden car park is.

Update on Blighty.

Still cold thank Buddha for S/Heating, also been raining most of the day not heavy but raining all the same. Miserable to say the least. Not to dissimilar to the repeats on TV.

Slightly off subject but have just been reading well during the week, a snippet about an American football team that are playing at Wembley over the weekend, in the Jets playing the Dolphins match. The Dolphins have flown over there own toilet rolls in excess of 350. They said that the English ones were to soft or some such rubbish. Just shows you that without their padding what a load on Mamby Pamby buggers they all are. Own toilet roll indeed. Next it'll be their own powder compacts.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

I often have the "disappearing post" problem and wonder if it actually disappeared on it's own or if I clicked on the "back" button (top right) before I clicked on the "post" button (bottom left). I even wrote myself a detailed set of instructions on how to post, but when I try to find it in my pile of detailed instructions, I forget what I am looking for!

Sunday was a fine day. My niece coerced me into baking her a pineapple upside down cake for her birthday. When I opened the oven to light the burner the door fell off, hinges finished. I looked at the oven and it was a major disassembly effort to just gain access to where they were connected and most likely I wouldn't be able to fix them and surely couldn't find replacements - the stove is 16 years old. So I naked the cake with the door held on with duct tape. Worked fine and the dorr is still being held on with new pieces of duct tape and expect that it will be that way for a long time.

Next I went to the computer and thought that my eyesight had suddenly had a significant turn for the worse. I had to squint to see the screen and then it went blank. Most likely a failed LCD screen. So I went to Tesco in Chainat to get a new monitor, a mistake on Sunday afternoon. It was packed but after considerable mumbling under my breath I bought an Acer 24" monitor, not properly tested because they couldn't find a computer to hook it to that worked. Fortunately when I plugged it in everything is fine and it's so bright that it actuality keeps me awake.

I then sent HP and email asking where their authorized service center was in Nakhon Sawan - old monitor was HP Compaq. They sent me a reply saying that they had no authorized center in NS Province and that I would have to send it to Bangkok. It'll most likely end up in the bin but I'll drop it by the TV repair guy here. It's most likely an failed LCD panel which, if it's still available from HP, would cost about the same as a new monitor.

Also, it rained again and I got drops of water on my head while typing. I looked and one of the roof tiles is cracked and it'll be a lot of fun trying to find someone to replace it who actually knows what they are doing as my roof climbing days are finished.

As far as American Football in England I'm watching the replay as I type. It's actually pleasant to watch the replay as all of the ads and breaks are cut out. A football game is 4 15 minute quarters with a 15 minute half time and, in the past, it took a little over 2 hours to televise it. Now it's so commercialized that some games last over 4 hours - a good replacement for sleeping pills.

I'll try to hit the post botton and hope for the best, but if it disappears no matter as it's just a blubbering BS rant!

Have a nice day, if that's possible in England this time of the year or any time for that matter.

• Like 1

I often have the "disappearing post" problem and wonder if it actually disappeared on it's own or if I clicked on the "back" button (top right) before I clicked on the "post" button (bottom left). I even wrote myself a detailed set of instructions on how to post, but when I try to find it in my pile of detailed instructions, I forget what I am looking for!

Sunday was a fine day. My niece coerced me into baking her a pineapple upside down cake for her birthday. When I opened the oven to light the burner the door fell off, hinges finished. I looked at the oven and it was a major disassembly effort to just gain access to where they were connected and most likely I wouldn't be able to fix them and surely couldn't find replacements - the stove is 16 years old. So I naked the cake with the door held on with duct tape. Worked fine and the dorr is still being held on with new pieces of duct tape and expect that it will be that way for a long time.

Next I went to the computer and thought that my eyesight had suddenly had a significant turn for the worse. I had to squint to see the screen and then it went blank. Most likely a failed LCD screen. So I went to Tesco in Chainat to get a new monitor, a mistake on Sunday afternoon. It was packed but after considerable mumbling under my breath I bought an Acer 24" monitor, not properly tested because they couldn't find a computer to hook it to that worked. Fortunately when I plugged it in everything is fine and it's so bright that it actuality keeps me awake.

I then sent HP and email asking where their authorized service center was in Nakhon Sawan - old monitor was HP Compaq. They sent me a reply saying that they had no authorized center in NS Province and that I would have to send it to Bangkok. It'll most likely end up in the bin but I'll drop it by the TV repair guy here. It's most likely an failed LCD panel which, if it's still available from HP, would cost about the same as a new monitor.

Also, it rained again and I got drops of water on my head while typing. I looked and one of the roof tiles is cracked and it'll be a lot of fun trying to find someone to replace it who actually knows what they are doing as my roof climbing days are finished.

As far as American Football in England I'm watching the replay as I type. It's actually pleasant to watch the replay as all of the ads and breaks are cut out. A football game is 4 15 minute quarters with a 15 minute half time and, in the past, it took a little over 2 hours to televise it. Now it's so commercialized that some games last over 4 hours - a good replacement for sleeping pills.

I'll try to hit the post botton and hope for the best, but if it disappears no matter as it's just a blubbering BS rant!

Have a nice day, if that's possible in England this time of the year or any time for that matter.

Glad to see that you are still plodding on in jolly old N/S Wayne.

24" Acer monitor A well done you, at least you don't have to squint at the screen. Can also get those serviced there everywhere unlike HP. I wouldn't bother repairing one new is the way to go.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only peeps that cant post it can be a real pain in the butt at times, especially after you have spent several minutes tapping in something and all you end up with is a blank page, or sorry TV is to busy to display please try later. I think they need to update their set up.

Sorry to hear about your oven, will more than likely be obtaining a new one of those on my return. Have two at present, halogen and an electric fan table top type both work well but neither are any good for Yorkshire puddings western cakes. Mrs H/M uses the electric fan one for Thai cake baking, just doesn't get hot enough for our type.

Gas is the way to go.

Re American football they will be playing at Wembley this weekend or was it last weekend??? it was/is a sell out allegedly. Or it could have been that half the seats were taken up by their toilet rolls.

Best of luck repairing your roof maybe another use for your duck tape, if N/S is anything like K.P.P workman wise.

Update on Blighty.

Sunny still cold but at least it's sunny today. A short 3 weeks now not that I'm counting.

H/M.

Fred.

Normal service is resumed along Riverside Road if you are using Immigration. If you want a football shirt then Srinakorn market seems to have cornered the market, overflow from the market I presume. Despite all the kiddies being on holiday, Big C is not where they are so make the most of it.

Normal service is resumed along Riverside Road if you are using Immigration. If you want a football shirt then Srinakorn market seems to have cornered the market, overflow from the market I presume. Despite all the kiddies being on holiday, Big C is not where they are so make the most of it.

So over for yet another year.

H/M spoke to Mrs H/M the other day she said that there has been no mention of the racing in K.P.p so far, not that we ever go, watch it on the local TV.

I bet your football market stall shirt place won't include W/Ham ones in all my years of traveling have never seen them for sale there. Not that H/M would ware one anyway.

I thought you were orf to Pattaya. Update needed would hate to miss out on all the news.

Update on Blighty.

Still cold no rain, diesel hovering around £1.10p a LT.

Less than 3 weeks to go now then H/M will be winging his way back looking forward to it, even the thought of having to spend time with Mrs H/M doesn't put me orf. Just shows you how peed orf I am.

H/M.

Fred.

Update K.P.P seems we will not be having the boat racing this year.

To make up for it we have the yearly Banana festival finishes on the 2nd Nov: You will all be glad to hear that Mrs H/M will not be entering the Miss Banana queen competition. H/M thinks she's a trite peed orf coming last.

Right who has been sticking pins in effigy's of H/M.

Have just phoned Mrs H/M and have been told that the just over 1 year old 'by two weeks' electric cooker has gone on the blink to-wit gone up in smoke. It also buggered her latest rendition of Thai cakes 'Not a bad thing' they now seem to have ended up a slight shade of Black.

New gas one pronto after I arrive back. Donations would be welcome.

H/M.

Fred.

I can donate an oven door and might even throw in some old warped burner inserts if I can find replacements!

Thank you so much for your offer Wayne.

Where would we be without TV and the kind peeps that post on same.

Once back I will look asap for a new gas oven without a door, it'll be a few week yet 'well 16 days' before the orf.

Please don't sell in the near future as already making arrangements for the trip to Wayne towers.

In return I shall bring along some of Mrs H/M slightly underdone black Thai cakes.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Anybody been to NS immigration recently? There's a thread on the visa forum that says that Bangkok has upgraded the dress code to long pants and shoes, no more shorts and sandals. I have to do my yearly extension in the next ten days and normally go in presentable shorts and shirt and sandals and it had never been a problem in the past.

• Like 1

Anybody been to NS immigration recently? There's a thread on the visa forum that says that Bangkok has upgraded the dress code to long pants and shoes, no more shorts and sandals. I have to do my yearly extension in the next ten days and normally go in presentable shorts and shirt and sandals and it had never been a problem in the past.

I will let you know on Tuesday or Wednesday as I am going to do a 90 day report on Tuesday.

I normally wear trousers, a reasonable shirt (I have some LOUD ones) and sandals.

Ah, trousers like my wife used to wear with all those flowers. I told her when they got too small all that she had to do was water them and they would grow with her and immediately ducked as something was coming flying at me!

I'll wait for your update. I have to make my yearly trek to the US Embassy on Tuesday for my Income Affidavit. I'm going to try a new place to park, All Seasons Place - Conrad Hotel, so if I go quiet you'll know that it failed and I'm forever lost in the Bangkok traffic. Round and round until I run out of gas and then take a taxi to Nana Plaza and all will be forgotten!

• Like 1

Ah, trousers like my wife used to wear with all those flowers. I told her when they got too small all that she had to do was water them and they would grow with her and immediately ducked as something was coming flying at me!

I'll wait for your update. I have to make my yearly trek to the US Embassy on Tuesday for my Income Affidavit. I'm going to try a new place to park, All Seasons Place - Conrad Hotel, so if I go quiet you'll know that it failed and I'm forever lost in the Bangkok traffic. Round and round until I run out of gas and then take a taxi to Nana Plaza and all will be forgotten!

When I go to BKK I normally stay at the Convenient Park Hotel on Sukhumvit road just by the Punnawithi BTS station. It is easy to get to coming from the north. Free parking etc and about 150 metres from the BTS, Its is not expensive and not 4* either, probably about 3*.

I know it is a bit late for you now but it might be OK for the next time.

http://www.agoda.com/en-gb/convenient-park-bangkok-hotel/hotel/bangkok-th.html?asq=beKhnLYffD124emgwxic6qW2rkcZL7r0yBG7BdlSkAISQ30MMhcIvGhPXiBqv7p%2brm0g%2f0Vne%2fryTfSFOy4cOGRZZMboToRFsJ6%2bd%2bXVLH7Rqh1lI2hCFQK0g4jdY4gMXqlQ7bJ0pUN0G2iz%2fnzAiJ9Xp6O%2bvdGQdhRy3LrLu3E%3d&cid=1722191&tag=5feb25ab-7f24-4bb8-7940-07687efdf473

I don't spend the night in Bangkok unless I have to. I actually have a town house there but haven't been there in three years. Since they started the purple line extension the traffic is impossible. My step son stays there. If I stay in Bangkok it is normally at the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4. Parking is okay and my wife's friend is the accounting manager.

• Like 1

"Presentable shorts, shirt and sandals", - WayneD, hmmm. The US definition of presentable clothing may be rather flexible, best to post some photos of the proposed apparel so that you can get some constructive criticism.

May save some awkward moments. :)

You've got to be kidding me!

I'm 70 and asked the same question of the US Embassy in Bangkok and got the following answer: "Shorts, a shirt and sandals will be just fine!"

Next thing that you will want is a shop in the parking lot renting black robes and white wigs! You want me to post pictures, get a life!

• Like 1

Wayne, I went to N/S Immigration this morning arriving about 09.45.

There were 3 Thai (I think) people sitting waiting.

I had my passport in my hand and picked the first ticket #1

The girl took my passport, ran it through the computer, gave me the paper to sign and I was out of the door inside 2 minutes.

How was I dressed? I had thought that a top hat, tie, tail suit, highly polished black shoes plus a white chrysanthemum would have been appropriate but as I couldn't find a white chrysanthemum, I scrapped that idea and went in a presentable shirt and shorts and left my sandals outside the door.

The staff made no comment.

A small thought for you. When you go to renew your extension there are about 6 or 7 ladies that work there. After my extension was done in July I gave each of the ladies 2 x 3 packs of Ferraro Rocher chocolates and I got a smile and a thank you from each of them.

It is such a nice office to go to.

• Like 1

The girl took my passport, ran it through the computer, gave me the paper to sign and I was out of the door inside 2 minutes.

How was I dressed? I had thought that a top hat, tie, tail suit, highly polished black shoes plus a white chrysanthemum would have been appropriate but as I couldn't find a white chrysanthemum, I scrapped that idea and went in a presentable shirt and shorts and left my sandals outside the door.

A small thought for you. When you go to renew your extension there are about 6 or 7 ladies that work there. After my extension was done in July I gave each of the ladies 2 x 3 packs of Ferraro Rocher chocolates and I got a smile and a thank you from each of them.

Chocolates only hope that when you pop round to H/M Mansions one will get the same treatment.

You wont need a flower but the odd biscuit wouldn't go amiss.

Update on Blighty.

Cold reporting that we will have lots of rain high winds in the coming days.

7 days to go now. Cant wait.

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks. I usually take a large bag of fruit from the orchard that is in season, this time of year pomelos and maybe some limes (Thai lemons). I'm planning on going tomorrow and be there when they open so I can watch them eat breakfast. I was going to rent a tux when I was in Bangkok yesterday but the shop was not open so shorts it is.

I drove to Bangkok yesterday morning to get my Income Affidavit. I left at 0345 and arrived at the All Seasons parking lot at 0615, 211 kilometers on the odometer. I was first in at the Embassy at 0730 and was out by 0745, 1800 baht lighter due to the falling baht. Went back to All Seasons and did some shopping at Tops, but it's not a full on grocery store, no fresh bread, meat or deli and reduced product availability across the board. Left the parking lot at 0900, stopped at Homepro/Big C in Autthaya and was home before 1330. Here's a picture of my proposed attire for those who thought that I should post one:

big-belly-blue-shorts-400x400.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks. I usually take a large bag of fruit from the orchard that is in season, this time of year pomelos and maybe some limes (Thai lemons). I'm planning on going tomorrow and be there when they open so I can watch them eat breakfast. I was going to rent a tux when I was in Bangkok yesterday but the shop was not open so shorts it is.

I drove to Bangkok yesterday morning to get my Income Affidavit. I left at 0345 and arrived at the All Seasons parking lot at 0615, 211 kilometers on the odometer. I was first in at the Embassy at 0730 and was out by 0745, 1800 baht lighter due to the falling baht. Went back to All Seasons and did some shopping at Tops, but it's not a full on grocery store, no fresh bread, meat or deli and reduced product availability across the board. Left the parking lot at 0900, stopped at Homepro/Big C in Autthaya and was home before 1330. Here's a picture of my proposed attire for those who thought that I should post one:

big-belly-blue-shorts-400x400.jpg

Smart yet casual.

Perhaps you ought to colour code your shorts and shirt though.

Did my 90 day today. Nakhon Sawan immigration is a great place. I too was in and out in a few minutes and it was busy. Nice touch with the Chocs Bill. My American friend takes bags of dougnuts. Noticed Makro Farrang section has depleated. Hope they stock up for Christmas. My wife goes back to the UK in Jan so will hang in there for the Branston and Marmite but we Farrangs where we live will go in soon and ask to see the manager and see what we can get. Be interested to know what other stuff people would need so we can ask them to stock it.