Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

I went down to Immigration today to see if they got the fancy chocolates I sent with Bill.

On the clothing front I was wearing a very smart number from the Army Surplus Stores, bit of a bargain actually, Admiral of the Fleet ( Tropical version)! They were so amazed at the number of badges and coloured ribbon that they wanted to swap some. I managed to keep them on side with a couple of ARP badges I had in my pocket.

I was a bit miffed when some wag asked which car park I worked at.

Edited by nong38

I managed to get my shirt buttoned and went to do my yearly extension this morning. I was there when the door opened at 0830 along with four Cambodians and a Thai with a handful of passports. I sat down at the ladies desk that does the extensions and was out with another year at 0850 and my 90 day report date reset to zero. There was actually a 5 minute delay as the boss had to sign and just walked in the door. I used a copy of my Thai Driver's License as proof of address with no problem.

The fast service might have been due to my adopting a southern European country's bathing habits and my next shower is not scheduled until Saturday. No matter, in and out, Nakhon Sawan Immigration is great.

• Like 1

I managed to get my shirt buttoned and went to do my yearly extension this morning. I was there when the door opened at 0830 along with four Cambodians and a Thai with a handful of passports. I sat down at the ladies desk that does the extensions and was out with another year at 0850 and my 90 day report date reset to zero. There was actually a 5 minute delay as the boss had to sign and just walked in the door. I used a copy of my Thai Driver's License as proof of address with no problem.

The fast service might have been due to my adopting a southern European country's bathing habits and my next shower is not scheduled until Saturday. No matter, in and out, Nakhon Sawan Immigration is great.

It sure is the best. Have to ask though I did my extention back in July and they didnt ask me for proof of address. Is this a new thing. All I did was fill out a form and pay 1900 bht. Really easy.

I've always provided proof of address. I used to take my wife, who talked with the officer, a copy of her ID, her house book and our marriage certificate. The officer even made her sign the form that she fills out in addition to me. After my wife died in March I was at the courthouse next door and popped in and explained the situation and asked the lady what I should bring this year. She told me to bring a copy of my DL.

• Like 1

I've always provided proof of address. I used to take my wife, who talked with the officer, a copy of her ID, her house book and our marriage certificate. The officer even made her sign the form that she fills out in addition to me. After my wife died in March I was at the courthouse next door and popped in and explained the situation and asked the lady what I should bring this year. She told me to bring a copy of my DL.

Am sorry for your wifes passing. I suppose it depends on what visa you are on in what they ask for.

The last "VISA" that I have is a multiple entry Non-O, marriage, that was issued in 2003. Since then it's been a combination of extensions, work, marriage and retirement. When my wife was alive I thought the the yearly visa extensions were more of a social event than a business function.

I was cooking a home made pizza for lunch today and had a unexpected visitor that slithered across the counter top and finally curled up behind the microwave - a 1.5 meter rat snake!. The mutts were having a fit and I figured by the time the I put them out the snake would manage to go to parts unknown (the last one went behind the heavy unmovable china cabinet) so I moved the microwave and grabbed it. I fully expected to get bitten but it was docile and coiled itself around my arm. I thought about taking a selfie but the dogs were giving me fits so I took it and let it go in the corn field next door. I had a hell of a time getting it uncoiled from my arm. That's the second in the house this year.

If I was Thai I might have had another topping for my pizza!

• Like 2

I was cooking a home made pizza for lunch today and had a unexpected visitor that slithered across the counter top and finally curled up behind the microwave - a 1.5 meter rat snake!. The mutts were having a fit and I figured by the time the I put them out the snake would manage to go to parts unknown (the last one went behind the heavy unmovable china cabinet) so I moved the microwave and grabbed it. I fully expected to get bitten but it was docile and coiled itself around my arm. I thought about taking a selfie but the dogs were giving me fits so I took it and let it go in the corn field next door. I had a hell of a time getting it uncoiled from my arm. That's the second in the house this year.

Sorry to hear about your Snake problems.

H/M has sorted those by putting a few snaps of Mrs H/M outside that seems to stop any unwanted creatures or callers.

Glad to report that H/M is now back in K.P.P arrived last night.

Only to find the usual, some light bulbs were out and the pond/Lido being powered by an extension lead.

Mrs H/M doesn't do electric. Have fitted all the electrics via remotes, very handy if you want to turn things orf or on once one has gone to bed. But a trite to complicated for the normal Thai brain.

Soon sorted by pressing the No:1 button on one of the said remotes. Light bulbs two to be replaced later this morning.

Wayne I will send you a few snaps of the Good lady that'll cure all your problems. You can pay for the first round.

Whatever glad to be back to the land of smiles, as anything even Mrs H/M is better than having to spend time in that Buddha forsaken place Blighty.

Don't like to have to admit this but had to go to the Airport by train. Normal thing the M25 was blocked and the taxi's couldn't get through.

I see that T/Visa is still at it moved the mouse on my first post up comes that do you want to subscribe to our news thingy (That by the way wont let you do as the bit you have to enter your email is missing) then wipes out the hole post. Hope this one goes through.

Note to mods try and get your system sorted.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

You're a braver man than I am, Gunga Din

It's inbreed self preservation! When my wife was alive and a snake got in the house she picked up any big object in sight and smashed everything in site until the snake expired or disappeared. Three got in the indoor air-con unit and it cost me 3500 baht for a new housing when it was all over because of three harmless golden tree snakes. She got one, one got away the way he came in and I caught the other but got bit in the process.

I really wouldn't care if a rat snake was loose in the house as long as he didn't invite his friends or turn out to be a she and have babies. Maybe some of the mice would take a hike! But it would drive the mutts crazy and they would end up destroying everything chasing it but coming far short of getting near enough to bite it.

I have just returned from the delightful place that is Patters, the road works from Route 9 to about Anthong are many heading north if anyone is thinking of using this route, its going to be some time before its finished, should be good for a while then.

TOPS supermarket corner of Pattaya Klaeng and 2nd Road has gone, competely gone everything on the ground floor.

Mean while I got the latest T shirt..............Bad Guys go to Pattaya..........Good Guys go to Nakhon Sawan...........sorry Fred nothing for you and yours over the border.

November 24th is Loy Krathong, the lantern event leading up to it, so expect a market along the Riverside to accompany the event, I will keep you posted on how things unfurl but if you are visiting the best Immigration Office in Thailand in the 2nd half of the month just be aware.

Fred you must be jolly happy about your footer team, they have doing well, must be all that Pie, Mash and Liquor they feed them in that part of the world, funny lot eh?

• Like 1

I have just returned from the delightful place that is Patters, the road works from Route 9 to about Anthong are many heading north if anyone is thinking of using this route, its going to be some time before its finished, should be good for a while then.

TOPS supermarket corner of Pattaya Klaeng and 2nd Road has gone, competely gone everything on the ground floor.

Mean while I got the latest T shirt..............Bad Guys go to Pattaya..........Good Guys go to Nakhon Sawan...........sorry Fred nothing for you and yours over the border.

November 24th is Loy Krathong, the lantern event leading up to it, so expect a market along the Riverside to accompany the event, I will keep you posted on how things unfurl but if you are visiting the best Immigration Office in Thailand in the 2nd half of the month just be aware.

Fred you must be jolly happy about your footer team, they have doing well, must be all that Pie, Mash and Liquor they feed them in that part of the world, funny lot eh?

T Shirt T Shirt.

I'll have you know that H/M wouldn't be seen dead in one.

Thanks for the update on Patts and the 9 road.

Still trying to get out of going there later this month as I said before Chums are arriving and require my presents.

November the 25th is Loy krathong not the 24th by the way. David you have started to worry H/M smoke not getting to you???

W/H Lost last night dash pore show. Maybe that's because H/M wasn't there to urge them on yes that'll be it.

Update on K.P.P.

Arrived home the usual, some of the light bulbs out and the Lido lights waterfall +++ working orf an extension lead. Mrs H/M doesn't do electric petrified of it.

H/M has installed remotes for all the electric enables one to turn things orf once one has slithered into the bed.

Problem sorted but just pressing No:1 button on one of the said remotes, and would you believe it all romped back into life. Light bulbs a different matter have now had the odd job chappy to change those.

Sometime ago one of our many non Thai restaurants to-wit the BKK Steak closed, his lease came up for renewal and they stuffed the price up.

Glad to say he's now reopened in another spot H/M and mob will be giving a try during the week.

H/M has just obtained a new oven as the electric one also decided to go down hill whilst I was away.

Having heard about Wayne's one with his door problem and also having a local chum who has had the same thing happen on his two year old one, Decided that the house Kitchen ones here are at best rubbish.

I went out and brought a commercial Gas one. Takes a bit of getting used to 'Has 5 burners' but glad to say all is now going fine??? at least the door isn't going to have a problem.

Update later once I have sorted out the roast.

Don't know if it's of any interest to anyone. But they the police are checking on all non Thais. Even us upper class several locals have been checked already.

H/M arrived at 5pm Wednesday afternoon BKK filled in my usual form stating where I would be abiding H/M Mansions like normal. Thursday at 3 pm had a visit from the BIB checking that I was where I said I would be.

Bit of a cheek really Don't they know who I am.

Whatever seems they are doing it all over Thailand even out of the way farms 'Wayne' It's all down to the Bombing in BKK some weeks ago. Your having to show up to date Visas and passport.

Seems if you don't have all the appropriate paperwork your going to be in the Toilet big time. Anyway just a heads up.

Stand by for yet more exciting goodies from yours truly. (25th DAVID) try and not forget this time.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 1

A slip of the finger old chap, sure you do the same as everyone else, anyway they are bound to try and bag an extra day out of the event.

Fancy the BIB checking up on peeps in KPP, nothing like that happens here but then we are much more revered here in the City of Culture and serenity.

I dont know if anyone caught the Railway news about the Northern Line ( Bangkok-Chiang Mai) but the first stage of dual track up to the Heavenly City is due to be completed by 2018, might mean a day trip by train to Bangkok then. The 2nd stage is authorized then to dual the track up to Deng Chai ( ? ) junction, this si the point where there might one day be a line to Chiang Rai, then the 3rd stage is to go forward to Chiang Mai, with luck it might be done by 2025.

The bridge over the CP River south of Big C now, the southbound extra carriageway looks to be almost ready for business so early next year should be open, the northbound one is moving forward rapidly now they are getting the hang of how to do it, my guess is middle of next year for that,

Armando's restaurant ( Bella Coffee ) next to Vittethep in Sawanvittee is I hear taking bookings for a Christmas lunch, Christmas Day is fully booked but he is repeating it on the 26th and one other day so I hear, I will try and get the gen and let you know the details, gosh must be 7 years since I had a Christmas dinner, sound tempting.

Makro had Cumberland sausages( frozen) and Beetroot ( fresh ) today.

You've got to be kidding me!

Funny you should say that Wayne.

Thought the smiley would have given a clue but never mind.

News from NS is that the famous Aprils Brasseries is moving shortly from Sawanvittee to next door to the Studio Bar (formerly the infamous Confuzion farang hangout) down by the lake. The old Yellow Bar / Chills bar on Davwdeong seems to have finally re-opened as Side Wave, doesn't look too inspiring but for me it is a convenient location so I will probably give it a try shortly, and see what's what. BigC 1 food court is selling beer again.

Otherwise all is peace and harmony in this veritable jewel of elysian meadows that is the beating heart of the central plain.

A slip of the finger old chap, sure you do the same as everyone else, anyway they are bound to try and bag an extra day out of the event.

Fancy the BIB checking up on peeps in KPP, nothing like that happens here but then we are much more revered here in the City of Culture and serenity.

I dont know if anyone caught the Railway news about the Northern Line ( Bangkok-Chiang Mai) but the first stage of dual track up to the Heavenly City is due to be completed by 2018, might mean a day trip by train to Bangkok then. The 2nd stage is authorized then to dual the track up to Deng Chai ( ? ) junction, this si the point where there might one day be a line to Chiang Rai, then the 3rd stage is to go forward to Chiang Mai, with luck it might be done by 2025.

The bridge over the CP River south of Big C now, the southbound extra carriageway looks to be almost ready for business so early next year should be open, the northbound one is moving forward rapidly now they are getting the hang of how to do it, my guess is middle of next year for that,

Armando's restaurant ( Bella Coffee ) next to Vittethep in Sawanvittee is I hear taking bookings for a Christmas lunch, Christmas Day is fully booked but he is repeating it on the 26th and one other day so I hear, I will try and get the gen and let you know the details, gosh must be 7 years since I had a Christmas dinner, sound tempting.

Makro had Cumberland sausages( frozen) and Beetroot ( fresh ) today.

Thanks for the update David. Thank Buddha the bridge or the rail line isn't of any interest to us upper class.

Bridge read Bypass. Train had enough of that going to the Airport on my return, nearly 2 hours that only normally takes 40min: in a Taxi.

Looks like it's all go for Christmas lunch your end, albeit having to sit in a car park to consume same. Better than nothing I suppose. We as normal will be dining out at one of the locals houses, Glad to say he always does a grand assortment of comestibles.

H/M has been informed that this year will be the normal Smoked Salmon the usual R/Turkey, R/Duck, Y/Puds ++++++ And a little bit of Thai for the non English like Mrs H/M that will attend. H/M would have left her out but I don't want to walk home.

Sad to see that Rott is going the way of David by trying to upgrade N/S, good try but it isn't going to work.

Oh nearly forgot all Makro are selling Beetroot or is that Beet Wayne. Cumberland sausages and Bacon are in the first freezer one third the way down from centre isle always have been in your Makro. Just a bit of trivia.

Your right of cause L/K will be over several days here as well the Thai's do like to get their monies worth.

H/M.

Fred.

I have no doubt that you will all be celebrating in H/M good fortune.

Have received an Email from a Mr Xyine or something from a large Chinese bank informing one that I have come into a huge fortune. All I have to do is send some cash no doubt to sort it out.

So here's an opportunity for some lucky peeps to join me. All you have to do is pay the amount asked and H/M will give you 40% of all monies received.

What are friends for if one cant spread it around.

Just think you could move and live the life of a lord.

Please don't tell me it's not going to happen it's got to be true, he told me that he had found my name in the yellow pages.

New Limo is already ordered.

Nearly forgot Beetroots K.P.P Makro had loads this afternoon, they were absolute rubbish so if you want any good ones N/S is the place. They must have replaced our order.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Oh nearly forgot all Makro are selling Beetroot or is that Beet Wayne. Cumberland sausages and Bacon are in the first freezer one third the way down from centre isle always have been in your Makro. Just a bit of trivia.

Our local market sells carrot root, potato root, garlic root, radish root and onion root, but I've never seen beet root! Does adding the root add more flavor flavour. I have Cumberland sausages in the freezer that I bought from Sloane's in Bangkok. They are links, all the pictures that I've seen they are in long pieces. Do the links affect the flavor flavour? I also have chorizo and pork and leek sausages from them. I'm in the process of placing an order with MJ's Smokehouse in Pattaya and am going to try their bacon. Scott is an American and the flavour might be closer to what I was used if I can remember what I was used to 18 years ago! Also just lame less trivia.

Have a nice day!crazy.gif

Wayned, I tried the American smoked streaky last year, too smokey for me, but once in a while is ok. This year in the spring I found a back of back bacon but the taste was not as I expect, I dont know what sort of brine they used but it gave it a distinctly odd flavour, looked the part, just so long as you dont have to cook or eat it! This year I brought 5 small packs back with me from the UK, must try and find them soon!

Sausages are only linked for convenience the taste should be the same,like the curly rolled ones you get in Chiang Mai and in the UK esp in Cumberland, you cut what you want, taste the same, a good one is good one.

Hope to see Armando tomorrow about the Christmas lunches but they are in the evening and include wine, 25th is already booked by an English Gent, not from KPP! So ther other days are 26th and 27th. Tomorrow I hope to have more info for you, until then enjoy the tranquility and serenity of the Heavenly City and its bountiful surroundings.

Wayned, I tried the American smoked streaky last year, too smokey for me, but once in a while is ok. This year in the spring I found a back of back bacon but the taste was not as I expect, I dont know what sort of brine they used but it gave it a distinctly odd flavour, looked the part, just so long as you dont have to cook or eat it! This year I brought 5 small packs back with me from the UK, must try and find them soon!

Sausages are only linked for convenience the taste should be the same,like the curly rolled ones you get in Chiang Mai and in the UK esp in Cumberland, you cut what you want, taste the same, a good one is good one.

Hope to see Armando tomorrow about the Christmas lunches but they are in the evening and include wine, 25th is already booked by an English Gent, not from KPP! So ther other days are 26th and 27th. Tomorrow I hope to have more info for you, until then enjoy the tranquility and serenity of the Heavenly City and its bountiful surroundings.

Makro Cumberland dogs are fine as good as you can get here anyway. Better than lot's I've had that were more expensive.

The American style bacon frozen is not up to much looks fine till you cook it then it almost disappears.

H/M might have to go to Patts 'cant come up with an excuse yet' there are allegedly some good butchers there. I have never been able to find any. But will look up M/G smoke house and see what they are all about. If you can wait a few week's Wayne I'll give you a heads up.

H/M.

Fred.

Makro Cumberland dogs are fine as good as you can get here anyway. Better than lot's I've had that were more expensive.

The American style bacon frozen is not up to much looks fine till you cook it then it almost disappears.

H/M might have to go to Patts 'cant come up with an excuse yet' there are allegedly some good butchers there. I have never been able to find any. But will look up M/G smoke house and see what they are all about. If you can wait a few week's Wayne I'll give you a heads up.

H/M.

Fred.

Seems that they only sell online bit of a bummer as I like to look before I buy.

David you see I do make mistakes M/G instead of M/J What a silly H/M.

H/M.

Fred.

Have been in to see Armando today and the Christmas tickets are there, this is the score. 25th Dec, has been reserved for an English Gent and party, but, the tickets have yet to be paid for, but assume they will, there are places available for the 26th and 27th after which he will close for 7-10 days to have a family holiday and give the staff a break.

This is the info I have. There are 3 days of Christmas dinners, there are 30 tickets for each day and ticket will cost you 700bts which give you a buffet style Christmas dinner which will include roast leg of lamb ( garlic and rosemary ), roast leg of Pork. Hopefully a whole turkey, if not chicken, with seasonable vegetables, sausage rolls a sweet and a glass of wine.

So if you interested get down to Bella Coffee which can be accessed from inside the Vittethep car park in Sawanvittee or from the south side of the road at the other entrance to Vittethep.

The evening events kick off at 1700 hours, you can purchase extra supplies of beer/lager etc on the night.

Bah Humbug. Leave your Christian values where they belong. In the west or in a toilet somewhere. Why move halfway round the world to celebrate someone who didnt even exsist. And to eat meat. No thanks.

Edited by bim

Bah Humbug. Leave your Christian values where they belong. In the west or in a toilet somewhere. Why move halfway round the world to celebrate someone who didnt even exsist. And to eat meat. No thanks.

It's up to you if you don't want to eat meat.

But please don't come out with that old adage that Father Christmas doesn't exist.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 2

It's up to you if you don't want to eat meat.

But please don't come out with that old adage that Father Christmas doesn't exist.

H/M.

Fred.

Yes I went a bit far. Of course Santa exists x

Nowt wrong with carols lad, Christmas ain't Christmas without a stirring rendition of "Hark, the Herald Angels sing", makes my heart beat faster just thinking about it.

Well for the first time H/M can see the advantages of N/S, albeit just for the festive season.

I am visualising it now as I tap Bella Coffee all lit up with sparking Na twinkling lights.

David ear plugs in appropriate orifices tucking in to a huge Turkey leg.

Rott adorned in tinsel singing at the top of his Yorkshire toned voice renditions of carols whilst waving a large branch of mistletoe.

While all the Joyous tones are blearing over the Car park H/M can see Bim aka Scrooge who will be sitting at home scoffing into Brussel sprout Crisps. Muttering Humbug. And a merry Christmas to one and all. God bless us and everyone. Or was that Tiny Tim. Same Christmas carol story anyway.

Hope you all have a good time whatever your up to.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

Nowt wrong with carols lad, Christmas ain't Christmas without a stirring rendition of "Hark, the Herald Angels sing", makes my heart beat faster just thinking about it.

Eh up lad r thee from Yorkshire? Then thou can cum and make noise and I wont myther thee.

• Like 1

Eh up lad r thee from Yorkshire? Then thou can cum and make noise and I wont myther thee.

As we seem to be on the subject of food.

I have just heard that Mike the German owner of Oasis restaurant. That's one of the ones here that serves only western food, has now got a new item on the menu to-wit Spicy Crocodile Burgers.

How that can be classed as western none to sure.

Just a thought if the Bella Coffee turns out to be a non starter you now know where to go.

H/M.

Fred.