Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

What time is the orrrf for the football as I might come along that's if it's not Peeing down. The offer is still there if you want picking up from the bus station I only live a few Min: from it by car so it's not a problem.

H/M.

Kick off 6PM, and thanks again for offer but I managed to sort my timetable so I can now take fanbus stadium to stadium.

What time is the orrrf for the football as I might come along that's if it's not Peeing down. The offer is still there if you want picking up from the bus station I only live a few Min: from it by car so it's not a problem.

H/M.

Kick off 6PM, and thanks again for offer but I managed to sort my timetable so I can now take fanbus stadium to stadium.

Thank's for that I'll do my best to get there, all depend's on the weather.

Kamphaeng Phet FC - Nakhon Sawan FC next sunday, can anyone tell me where Kamphaeng Phet stadium is? How far from busstation or what is fair prize for motosai, thank you. Don't know if I gan get to Nakhon Sawan FC fanbus in time so maybe have to improvise a little.

btw, regional league (D2) north table here, Paknampho tied in 2nd and Nakhon Sawan 4th. First 3 goes to playoffs for D1

http://www.thaileagu...sion2.php?rid=1

Come out of the Bus station turn left over the bridge then take any road that take's you down the side of bridge to the river turn left and it come's up on the left some 3/400 mt. You can get a tuk tuk from the bus station cost I don't know or you could send me a PM and I will give you my phone No: and I'll pick you up drop you off that's if the time is ok with me. N/B long way to come just to see your team loose to the great K.K.Phet.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Had to do the last post in a hurry don't walk over the bridge bit like N/S it could be deadly. Get Tuk Tuk Bt bus. I do believe there are M/C taxi's they would be cheaper, Sorry to be vague on transport but I never use the bus station.

H/M.

The bus station is hardly a heritage siteclap2.gif surprised you dont disown it or burn it down and build a more palacial one......like the one in Nakhon Sawantongue.png .

No the bus station is not a heritage site but at least it's out side of K.P.P. and what ever fume's there are get blown away sharpish what you have to remember is the place is a WORLD HERITAGE CITY and as such we would not allow anything to mar the view's. Dont know if you know but K.P.P. used to be the Capital of Thailand many year's ago. I do believe there are some royalty still living here. There are no snap's available of same as we like to keep ourselves to ourselves.

N/Smog's one 'bus station' is palatial is it well I never, I have been there 'once' and I can tell you it's a fumed bound hole down some side street just orrf the 14 lane smoke belching traffic bound main road's.bah.gifsick.gif If anyone's not been there it's just opposite BigC not that that's much help as you can only see that 25% of the time at best.

So only 11 more day's to go Dave at least you would have had some fresh air while you were there, oh and of course some very good beer.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

N/B One never put smilies in but this time the thought of N/Smog's Bus station one couldn't resist.

Edited by fredob43

Dont know if you know but K.P.P. used to be the Capital of Thailand many year's ago.

No, it not used to be, never.

According to the K.P.Phet new's thingy the local goverment give out, in the 9th century K.P.Phet. it's meaning in Thai is the diamond city was the capital of a main part of central Thailand. At that time Thailand was split into many segment's and ruled by many different nation's, That lasted till K.P.P. joined up around1238 with Sri Intraditya the lord of Sukhothai when he established a central kingdom and declared independence from the Khmer over lord's and called the local peep's Thai meaning free, Sukhothai then became the capital of the central plain's, that lasted till 1438, when it was taken over by the peep's from Ayuttyaya. Depending on who narrate's the history and with a little bit of Thai poetic licence that was the start of what was the begining of Siam.

And as we know they still call themselve's Thai. But TIT so who know's.

K.P.P. still attract's upper class peep's so there must be some truth to the story.

H/M.K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Ok believe you, I have read about era before Sukhotai Kingdom but never find that out

Of course I could be wrong H/M just quoted what the local Thai's put in a press release about K.P.P. Anyway it's a good story.

H/M.K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

I am coming back with Emirates, last year they weighed my hold luggage at 34kg should have been 30kg and I had to remove 4 kgs, they did not weigh my hand luggage ( 7 kg ) so ended up taking my 7kg + 4kg in the cabin!

The weather is suppossed to improve next week, promises, promises and strikes in the offing too. Immigration officers on the 26th and East Midlands Trains have have announced 3 dates in the 2 weeks of the olympics, cricket is going well though.

Are you back home now David?

I am coming back with Emirates, last year they weighed my hold luggage at 34kg should have been 30kg and I had to remove 4 kgs, they did not weigh my hand luggage ( 7 kg ) so ended up taking my 7kg + 4kg in the cabin!

The weather is suppossed to improve next week, promises, promises and strikes in the offing too. Immigration officers on the 26th and East Midlands Trains have have announced 3 dates in the 2 weeks of the olympics, cricket is going well though.

I am still in the UK and what agreat ending to my visit its turning our to be! Last night watching the OLympics, opened a bottle of Broadside and suddenly Jess Ennis, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farah win 3 gold medals, what a broadside indeed! The atmosphere is amazing and so many of wearing our hearts on our sleeves and why not.How some ordinary people have become extraordinary sportsmen and sportswomen, the crowds in and around the main arenas have really got behind our boys and girls like I have never see or heard before, when it all finishes I will pack and return home to Nakhon Sawan, this event has certainly cushioned the wait, great memories are you getting any of this in LOS?

I am still in the UK and what agreat ending to my visit its turning our to be! Last night watching the OLympics, opened a bottle of Broadside and suddenly Jess Ennis, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farah win 3 gold medals, what a broadside indeed! The atmosphere is amazing and so many of wearing our hearts on our sleeves and why not.How some ordinary people have become extraordinary sportsmen and sportswomen, the crowds in and around the main arenas have really got behind our boys and girls like I have never see or heard before, when it all finishes I will pack and return home to Nakhon Sawan, this event has certainly cushioned the wait, great memories are you getting any of this in LOS?

Yes we are but the coverage is not as good as the UK, Even the BKK post only seem's to give you the thing's Thai are in so that's not much good as you can imagine, the BBC news has very good update's. As you know most of the good stuff go's orrrf in the early hour's here, sorry to say that I do not stay up to watch. Glad to hear that your enjoying it all. Not long now and you'll be on the flight back then after two week's you will only just be able to remember the great taste of English Bitter. Oh and of course being able to visit K.P.P without a Visa, but we all have our dream's at time's don't we.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Is KPP a dream then or were you dreaming about the bitter?biggrin.png

What Ho, exeter.

Not long ago you were doing the royalty bit holding back the water's. Then only last week I heard you were in Blighty. Not having a touch of plastic surgery in the hope's of sneaking into K.K.P. unnoticed by any chance. Or would it be Buddha forbid that at long last you have given up on N/S and decided to leave for wetter/colder/better shore's.

Silly H/M of course I see it all now you didn't want to be the only foreigner left in N/S must have been very lonely since Dave left. The good thing is he's back soon and I'm sure he'll be doing his best to brighten up the place, bit of a lost hope if you ask me.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Last weekend now coming up, so have been ending the evening with a bottle of Adnams Broadsidesmile.png . The last tour will be to Royal Tunbridge Wells and saturday night will be spent on the Spa Valley Railway for a fish and chip supper and a pint of Harveys ales.

I went out to the Stratford area on wednesday, marvellous atmosphere and the forces ahve gone down really well with public. All in all it made me proud to be British, these games have really brought the country together like I have never known before, I am glad I did not miss this. Now I ready to come back to the House of Nong.

This weekend there is Jet Ski Asian Pro Grand Prix on Nakhon Sawan, Bueng Boraphet. More info and pics from new hotel Aramis here

http://www.jetskiasiangp.com/hotel.html

And ofcourse D2 football on sunday, Nakhon Sawan FC - Phayao FC 6PM on stadium. Last sunday visit to Kamphaengphet was ok, 0-1 win and big hangover for morning

Nakhon Sawan FC on 2nd leg, 9 match, 7w, 1d and only 1L is to other Nakhon Sawan team, Paknampho NSRU

Last weekend now coming up, so have been ending the evening with a bottle of Adnams Broadsidesmile.png . The last tour will be to Royal Tunbridge Wells and saturday night will be spent on the Spa Valley Railway for a fish and chip supper and a pint of Harveys ales.

I went out to the Stratford area on wednesday, marvellous atmosphere and the forces ahve gone down really well with public. All in all it made me proud to be British, these games have really brought the country together like I have never known before, I am glad I did not miss this. Now I ready to come back to the House of Nong.

Enjoy you F & chip's. Have a good trip back. Regarding the Olympics H/M has just read that the spice girl's will be part of the closing ceremony on Sunday night EEEEEK. I'll lay odd's that Mrs Beck's doesn't smile.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Sorry to say H.P that I didn't make it last Sunday got held up on Skype.

Edited by fredob43

Enjoy you F & chip's. Have a good trip back. Regarding the Olympics H/M has just read that the spice girl's will be part of the closing ceremony on Sunday night EEEEEK. I'll lay odd's that Mrs Beck's doesn't smile.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Also the WHO at 50% discount!smile.png

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Also the WHO at 50% discount!smile.png

I don't want to rub it in but as everyone knows here in Thailand and the rest of the world come to that, we might stand a chance of getting a gold medal in the boxing, and where does he kun Kaew hail from well the best place in Thailand to-wit K.P.Phet. Oh it's a world heritage city to boot if didn't know. H/M think's we might have to enlarge the welcome to K.P.P. sign to accommodate all the extra goodies that need to be adorned on it.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Fred are you going to give this boxing chappie a regal home coming similar to the one Nong will get when he returns to the Heavenly City this week with a gold medal for staying in the UK for such a long time!

Fred are you going to give this boxing chappie a regal home coming similar to the one Nong will get when he returns to the Heavenly City this week with a gold medal for staying in the UK for such a long time!

A gold medal!!! He deserves a pension.clap2.gif

Dave/Nong is a martyr left in the sun got three month's of rain and cold only to return to yet more rain, not long now till the yearly Thai flood's.

Gold medal not a chance as it will only get rusty in N/S. Water wing's now there's a thought.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

The white ensign is once again flying over Nakhon Sawan!

After a farewell pint of "London Pride" and "Guinness" at LHR arrived in LOS late on the 15th so The Red Darts ( N/S's version of the Red Arrows ) were not called out. Normal service has been resumed.

The white ensign is once again flying over Nakhon Sawan!

After a farewell pint of "London Pride" and "Guinness" at LHR arrived in LOS late on the 15th so The Red Darts ( N/S's version of the Red Arrows ) were not called out. Normal service has been resumed.

Should start a new post the K.P.PHET News, but I'll continue in this one we don't want to make you N/Smog mob jealous.

Yesterday the latest market along the river Ping started, it stretches for about a km will last for about 10 day's, it's all because next weekend there will be longtail boat racing.

H/M went last night and it's not bad great food to be had if you know what to buy 'sorry Dave no fish and chip's' but the good thing is that it's an open to all peep's this does for once include the lower class one's from the smoke even though you really still need a K.P.P. day visa we will be turning a blind eye (this only happen's twice a year so make the most of it) just one point there is a lack of water in the Ping here but we have been told that they will be opening the gate's in the Tak dam before so no problem for us but there might be down stream by the middle of the week after next so get the swimming tog's out not to mention the bailing pot's or even pump's maybe.

Re the white Ensign Dave hope it last's longer than the one last year H/M did hear that after a week or two it took on a whiter shade of pale, to-wit grey. Nice to see you got back ok. Perchance just a few kg/stone's heavier???

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Welcome back Dave.

I was down from the hills in KPP on Friday getting new driving licences as mine went adrift at the Saturday market last week and doing a monthly bulk shop.

I came over Freds bridge on the way home and there are a lot of sandy beaches and not so much water now.

Sadly I hadn't brought my bucket and spade and I think Fred has eaten all the donkeys.

Welcome back Dave.

I was down from the hills in KPP on Friday getting new driving licences as mine went adrift at the Saturday market last week and doing a monthly bulk shop.

I came over Freds bridge on the way home and there are a lot of sandy beaches and not so much water now.

Sadly I hadn't brought my bucket and spade and I think Fred has eaten all the donkeys.

What Ho. Bill.

Can I ask what Saturday market as neither Mrs H/M or the great man himself know's of one. There's the Wednesday night and the Sunday morning one's but we don't know of a Saturday one so update please.

H/M own's a bridge A, well it's news to me, if it turn's out to be correct do you think I can charge a toll for the local peep's to cross over it ??? if so I'll put the cost of your last crossing onto your tea bill.

Not guilty re eating the Donkey's but must admit I do send Mrs H/M to collect their manure on the odd occasion's great for the tomatos.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Welcome back Dave.

What Ho. Bill.

Can I ask what Saturday market as neither Mrs H/M or the great man himself know's of one. There's the Wednesday night and the Sunday morning one's but we don't know of a Saturday one so update please.

H/M own's a bridge A, well it's news to me, if it turn's out to be correct do you think I can charge a toll for the local peep's to cross over it ??? if so I'll put the cost of your last crossing onto your tea bill.

Not guilty re eating the Donkey's but must admit I do send Mrs H/M to collect their manure on the odd occasion's great for the tomatos.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

It is the local village Saturday market rather than the ones in KPP.

I am not sure if I put my money pack etc into my pocket or it fell out by the car or if it was lifted by light fingered Larry around the market.

I suspect the former as I know a lot of people at the market and most of the Thais around here are honest but we do get the odd stranger now and again.

Welcome back Dave.

What Ho. Bill.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

It is the local village Saturday market rather than the ones in KPP.

I am not sure if I put my money pack etc into my pocket or it fell out by the car or if it was lifted by light fingered Larry around the market.

I suspect the former as I know a lot of people at the market and most of the Thais around here are honest but we do get the odd stranger now and again.

How many time's have you been warned about mixing with the lower class, much better to stick with us upper class peep's, all be it you have to pay for a cup of English tea.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

When I come down from the mountains and head sout east I mix with people like Dave where I get free tea or coffee and if I head north west I mix with people like Fred who charges for tea (and saves the tea bag to charge me next time as well) and Paul who doesn't AND gives me free biscuits.

Mind to be fair Fred does a good line in egg and cress and also cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and he ALWAYS saves the crusts for me, sometimes for months at a time.

What is a poor man like me supposed to do?

Edited by billd766

When I come down from the mountains and head sout east I mix with people like Dave where I get free tea or coffee and if I head north west I mix with people like Fred who charges for tea (and saves the tea bag to charge me next time as well) and Paul who doesn't AND gives me free biscuits.

Mind to be fair Fred does a good line in egg and cress and also cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and he ALWAYS saves the crusts for me, sometimes for months at a time.

What is a poor man like me supposed to do?

There's nout free in this world Bill, free tea coffee in N/S A !!! if H/M remember's correctly the last time you visited Dave you ended up paying for all the food at his local restaurant . I rest my case.

As I have pointed out before Paul has to give his bit's away because no one in their right mind would pay for it, and I don't save the tea bag's although I would do so if I could why's that I hear peep's ask well Paul go's down my used teabag pot there the one's you get when you pop round to his place, as regard's to the crust's they have never been month's old week's maybe but not month's. Tip if you dunk the crust's in the yes I know expencive tea they soften up quite quickly and will be delish.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43