Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

I had sautéed soft shell crabs with a lemon butter caper sauce and French fries accompanied by hearts of iceberg lettuce with home made blue cheese dressing at my local restaurant in the boonies of Nakhon Sawan Province for lunch today.

Boudin Noir Blood sausage with apple compote and Pommes Dauphine are the special on tomorrow's menu!

I\

I'm thinking about shipping a box of perishable goods from Pattaya to Nakhon Sawan via bus. There's direct buses from Pattaya to NS every evening on the Phet Prasert bus line. The buses arrive between 2315 and 0215. I do not know anything about the NS bus station. Does anybody know if Phet Prasert has an office there where I can pick up the shipment the next day or will I have to be there to meet the bus at zero dark thirty 110 kilometers from my home?

Both EMS and Kerry Express take two days, no overnight service.

I'm thinking about shipping a box of perishable goods from Pattaya to Nakhon Sawan via bus. There's direct buses from Pattaya to NS every evening on the Phet Prasert bus line. The buses arrive between 2315 and 0215. I do not know anything about the NS bus station. Does anybody know if Phet Prasert has an office there where I can pick up the shipment the next day or will I have to be there to meet the bus at zero dark thirty 110 kilometers from my home?

Both EMS and Kerry Express take two days, no overnight service.

Some of us have sent down from C/Mai food goodies. They give us a time (normally within half an hour) that the bus arrives and we have to be there to pick it up. If it's the same all over I cant say but that's how it goes here.

If we are a bit late no problem as they stick it in the Bus station office. But that does close most of the night if they don't have a service.

Have never left it over night, with the heat here even though it's packed in dry ice Buddha only knows what it'll be like in the morning.

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks, That's about what I thought. The 4 direct buses from Pattaya arrive every hour starting at 2315 so it would be a late night in NS 110 kilometers from my home. It's also frozen food items.

I've had many shipments sent via EMS and Kerry express from Bangkok. Kerry delivers to my house around 1500 and there has always been plenty of dry ice left, 27 hours after it was taken to their parcel shop. Great for making ice cream! However, both Kerry and EMS only offer 2 day service from Pattaya and 44+ hours might be pushing it with the dry ice along with the moisture generated on the outside of the Styrofoam container and it having to be packed in a cardboard box.

I've sent the bus company, Phet Prasert, and email asking them but I haven't received an answer and most probably won't!

Thanks, That's about what I thought. The 4 direct buses from Pattaya arrive every hour starting at 2315 so it would be a late night in NS 110 kilometers from my home. It's also frozen food items.

I've had many shipments sent via EMS and Kerry express from Bangkok. Kerry delivers to my house around 1500 and there has always been plenty of dry ice left, 27 hours after it was taken to their parcel shop. Great for making ice cream! However, both Kerry and EMS only offer 2 day service from Pattaya and 44+ hours might be pushing it with the dry ice along with the moisture generated on the outside of the Styrofoam container and it having to be packed in a cardboard box.

I've sent the bus company, Phet Prasert, and email asking them but I haven't received an answer and most probably won't!

Don't know if it's of any help but I will after all have to go to crappy Pattaya.

Going on the 27th return 1st Dec: if they want to deliver your goodies to my hotel late afternoon 31st I'll bring it up. That's provided it not a huge amount. I can get at least two S/Foam Box's + luggage in the tank without any problem. If it comes to a push Mrs H/M can sit on the roof.

But you will have to collect from somewhere on the 1 as I go through.

Sorry I'm not doing Detours after a 500km journey.

Have heard about the Bus direct to Pattaya, seems it's an overnight trip Mrs H/M did once say that could be an idea for us if I didn't fancy driving. After I had said Divorce not another mention of same.

Best of luck.

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind if I can't work something else out. Meeting you on 1 in Inburi would be no problem. It's a direct 40 kilometre shot down 11 from my home. It'll be at least two weeks before my shipment is ready as I'm having Scott corn a large piece of beef for me and not cut it and that'll take at least 10 - 14 days.

You might want to look again at MJ Smokehouse's website. I'm sure that Scott would be glad to put an order together for you and deliver it to your hotel room before you leave on the 1st or afternoon of the 31st. It would give you a chance to at least sample his products without incurring any shipping charges. His prices seem reasonable.

If it's good, Dave might be able to generate some additional revenue by opening a delivery service utilizing his frequent runs to Pattaya.

Nowt wrong with carols lad, Christmas ain't Christmas without a stirring rendition of "Hark, the Herald Angels sing", makes my heart beat faster just thinking about it.

Eh up lad r thee from Yorkshire? Then thou can cum and make noise and I wont myther thee.

Perhaps I should have said "lar", definitely not Yorkshire, don't suppose you can place Netherfield Road.

And the stirring renditions will be over long before Mango starts serving. (Not sure about after he's finished though).smile.png

Nowt wrong with carols lad, Christmas ain't Christmas without a stirring rendition of "Hark, the Herald Angels sing", makes my heart beat faster just thinking about it.

Eh up lad r thee from Yorkshire? Then thou can cum and make noise and I wont myther thee.

Perhaps I should have said "lar", definitely not Yorkshire, don't suppose you can place Netherfield Road.

And the stirring renditions will be over long before Mango starts serving. (Not sure about after he's finished though).smile.png

There are thousands of Netherfield roads even 1 in London, most are glad to say north of the Watford Gap. That to us southerner's is Yorkshire. The bit before Scotland.

By the way Mango is doing a buffet so it's help yourself.

H/M.

Fred.

We have posters over the road in the Srinakorn market area with 23-27 mentioned so I guess that the Loy Krathong thingy, tomorrow I will be up to the City and see if they have the same things and enquire whats all this then, I suspect its another excuse for a market to disrupt our visits to Immigration, will keep you posted some time off as yet.

Rott, more clues required as to your locale before fleeing the enchanted land.

There are thousands of Netherfield roads even 1 in London, most are glad to say north of the Watford Gap. That to us southerner's is Yorkshire. The bit before Scotland.

By the way Mango is doing a buffet so it's help yourself.

H/M.

Fred.

Sorry to have confused you Fred, I should simply have said Liverpool. Actually although it's known as Netherfield Road, strictly speaking there is no such place, only N...Road North or N...Road South. At one time the name would have resonated with scousers but now only the well-over fifties would understand. Probably the last ones to have called anyone lar. But anyway please excuse my rambling. Though I doubt there are thousands, I would be surprised if there are even a hundred.

I will allow that you are correct about the buffet bit.

The banners over the road around Srinakorn Market are paid for by sponsors advertising their shops with specific reference to 23-27 of the month, no mention of the Riverside market of course, but it is bound to be on its way! There are no cross road posters in the City so it seems its likely all down our end near the Immigration Office as soon as I see the traders rolling up will let you know.

The banners over the road around Srinakorn Market are paid for by sponsors advertising their shops with specific reference to 23-27 of the month, no mention of the Riverside market of course, but it is bound to be on its way! There are no cross road posters in the City so it seems its likely all down our end near the Immigration Office as soon as I see the traders rolling up will let you know.

Rott you didn't confuse me I gathered it was Liverpool I Googled Netherfield Rd and there was a video on N/Field road going from one end to the other ending up at the port. Must admit though that my thousands of N/F roads could have been slightly over the top.

Might have looked a trite better if they had taken the video during the summer when the tree's had leaves on them then maybe the double yellow lines wouldn't have stuck out so much.

Whatever I was right on Liverpool being in Yorkshire maybe Northwest Yorkshire but Yorkshire all the same.

Thanks for the N/S Update David. K.P.P also has banners most saying I do believe welcome home H/M, I know my written Thai is not quite perfect but I'm shore that that is what they say.

They the elders have been putting up large displays of Lilly flowers throughout the town must say they do look rather nice at night when they are lit up.

No sign of the market yet that is normally along the Ping river not even the pier that they put into the river allowing peeps to send orf their Krathongs without getting their feet wet.

It wont be far orf from starting though. H/M will also be giving updates on when they start erecting stalls and the likes. Not that we will be short of punters the place is slaughtered every year.

Normally take the M/C but this year it'll have to be the Limo as Mrs H/M sister will be joining us for the festivities she will be here taking care of the Mansion, Horses, Mars, and the likes whilst we are away in that dreaded crap hole Pattaya visiting friends. Don't panic there will be no chance of us being mugged even the lady men take a wide berth when Mrs H/M is about.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Meanwhile back in the real world, more posters across the roads and the Incredible Huckle seen near the market, let me at him!! My guess is that traders will start turning up about this time next week but will keep you up to date. For me its orf to Immigration for my annual review of the fleet and get the stamp to confirm attendance. t

Meanwhile back in the real world, more posters across the roads and the Incredible Huckle seen near the market, let me at him!! My guess is that traders will start turning up about this time next week but will keep you up to date. For me its orf to Immigration for my annual review of the fleet and get the stamp to confirm attendance. t

Come on then David I'll bite so where is this real world you are speaking about???

One thinks you have spent to much time in Pattaya.

You haven't by chance been popping into K.P.P unnoticed. I bet not having the appropriate visa either you little rascal.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 1

Come on then David I'll bite so where is this real world you are speaking about???

One thinks you have spent to much time in Pattaya.

You haven't by chance been popping into K.P.P unnoticed. I bet not having the appropriate visa either you little rascal.

H/M.

Fred.

Update on above posts.

H/M went out of his way this morning after getting my BKK post and had a drive along the Ping river.

It's all happening in K.P.P they have started to build the pier also the huge box section at the end of it that holds the 4mt+ giant Lilly. Am surmising that 2/3 days and all will be complete.

No sign of the stalls yet more than likely start those next week.

H/M.

Fred.

I understand that the pier you talk about is to host the Thai Navys submarine fleet, keeping them out of harms way so to speak and the H/M will arranging tours with teas and souvenirs.

Now back to civilization, yet more cross street adverts appearing and just a moment whilst I sit down and catch my breath!! Now we have thousands, give or take a thousand red lanterns carefully placed on the central reservation of the major highways around Tokland. Its so exciting living in a place like this unlike places up north where they still ride horses and point at wheels!!

No sign of the market traders along the river as yet, next week is my guess.

Went to Immigration today for the Annual visit, all went smoothly as usual in and out in under 15 minutes, they really are jolly good folks in there as I am sure you have all found as well. They were particularly taken by my sedan chair which I arrived in, 4 pall bearers, 2 umbrella guards and 2 fan bearers. This is the way to travel and go about your business I am sure you can all imagine me shopping in Makro and Big C in my sedan chair, the tills are a bit of a problem, not on their radar when they built the places but now you know why BIG C has recently been transformed into a more sedan chair friendly place.

I understand that the pier you talk about is to host the Thai Navys submarine fleet, keeping them out of harms way so to speak and the H/M will arranging tours with teas and souvenirs.

Now back to civilization, yet more cross street adverts appearing and just a moment whilst I sit down and catch my breath!! Now we have thousands, give or take a thousand red lanterns carefully placed on the central reservation of the major highways around Tokland. Its so exciting living in a place like this unlike places up north where they still ride horses and point at wheels!!

No sign of the market traders along the river as yet, next week is my guess.

Went to Immigration today for the Annual visit, all went smoothly as usual in and out in under 15 minutes, they really are jolly good folks in there as I am sure you have all found as well. They were particularly taken by my sedan chair which I arrived in, 4 pall bearers, 2 umbrella guards and 2 fan bearers. This is the way to travel and go about your business I am sure you can all imagine me shopping in Makro and Big C in my sedan chair, the tills are a bit of a problem, not on their radar when they built the places but now you know why BIG C has recently been transformed into a more sedan chair friendly place.

The pier only goes out about 3mt but it's several Mt long.

Regards wheels we do know what their like we have had them on our buggies for several years.

Becoming quite Amish here as a matter of fact. Might go the hole hog if anyone can inform me how to work a comp: via an oil lamp, H/M would be indebted.

H/M.

Fred.

Have been up the by pass today to view the progress, the bridges are in over the Tak Road but not in use as yet, probably late next year to get you to the Pitsanulok Road. Watch out when you turn north from the by pass looks like they digging our foundations for an extra lane, there is now warning, no barriers and you could end up 4 foot below where you thought you were, also the lorries taking away he spoil re kings of the road, they just turn out in front of you regardless, take care.

Dragons have arrived to adorn the rest of festivities expected next weekend, going to the city tomorrow so will let you know if the Riverside Road is ok for Immigration or not.

There is no sign of a market opening along Riverside Road so at this moment in time anyone wishing to go to Immigration should be ok. There is an extra market setting up in the car park at Srinakorn Market which will make things a bit more congested to the west of Immigration.

Update from yesterday. The Market which is developing in the car park at Srinakorn Market ( Western End of Sawanvittee) is now spreading into the road so you cannot go from the Riverside Road towards Sawanvittee it blocked off with some fancy red stage, arches are appearing along the water front to launch your float ( the flow will bring it straight back unless the wind is in the right direction.

Dont forget the Bike for Dad event on the 5th as well, it will be going along Riverside Road, due kick off at 1500, but, before that they will be marking the roads again so access might not be perfect. Otherwise another heavenly day in the city and suburbs.

Update on L/K K.P.P.

Out doing a bit of shopping this morning Big C and Paper.

They don't deliver my BKK Post anymore seems the bounder that brings same has broken his leg. Dash pore excuse if you ask me.

Whatever I had a look along the ping and it's in full flight stall wise the stage (not blocking the road) has also been erected. Most of the stalls are already up and running selling the usual clothes food + general odd bit's.

Can hardly wait for the hordes to arrive, then having to pay out yet more cash just to set light to it and having it float orf down the river.

News

H/M and clan are orf to Pattaya Friday, I'm sure to enjoy it no end. Well the road out anyway.

H/M.

Fred.

News

H/M and clan are orf to Pattaya Friday, I'm sure to enjoy it no end. Well the road out anyway.

H/M.

Fred.

Just got back after 5 days. A lot more Russians than last time I went (July) but still not as many as previously.

Only had 1 night in Bangkok but the Black Swan still doing IPA for 200 baht in happy hour, 3 till 8.

News

H/M.

Fred.

Just got back after 5 days. A lot more Russians than last time I went (July) but still not as many as previously.

Only had 1 night in Bangkok but the Black Swan still doing IPA for 200 baht in happy hour, 3 till 8.

I think there are more Russians about, as none are going to Egypt due to the problems.

Will be bypassing like I do with N/S BKK and sad to say the Black Swan, more than likely have to pay Patts prices for any good beer, at least it's available.

Will spend most days round the pool & visiting holidaying chums with daughter.

Mrs H/M as usual will be doing her normal sleeping in the room, like most Thai she doesn't do sun, only popping out for some comestibles when the need arises and the suns gone down.

We might venture to the odd market H/M will sit in a local bar while Mrs H/M wanders round not spending anything. Muttering on her return the normal everything to Supensive it crazy.

Oh the joy's of Pattaya. The only good thing is that we can eat an abundance of top notch sea food albeit having to travel a few KM outside of Patts to get anything good.

Note to self must see if my overdraft has come through.

H/M.

Fred.

Loy Krathong went down with a bang last night as locals tried to blow themselves up by the sound of things, much loud music well into the night and still going or restarted this morning! Off to the city this morning so will see if things have come to an end or are being prolonged to the weekend.

Internet very slow of late I dont know if anyone else is finding the same.

Everyone stay calm whilst Fred is in Patters, he is brave man to go there as expats start to flood in from all corners of the world looking for cheap women, wine and booze I wonder if thats why Fred is there? Special offer at McDonalds, extra special Bargain Bucket from KFC perhaps?

Loy Krathong went down with a bang last night as locals tried to blow themselves up by the sound of things, much loud music well into the night and still going or restarted this morning! Off to the city this morning so will see if things have come to an end or are being prolonged to the weekend.

Internet very slow of late I dont know if anyone else is finding the same.

Everyone stay calm whilst Fred is in Patters, he is brave man to go there as expats start to flood in from all corners of the world looking for cheap women, wine and booze I wonder if thats why Fred is there? Special offer at McDonalds, extra special Bargain Bucket from KFC perhaps?

Last day in civilisation till I'm orf to David town.

Right what's all this bucket from KFC and Big Micks. By now most should have realised that H/M doesn't go near those hateful places, there for everyone's information the lower classes.

Nothing wrong with my comp: connection have just checked it and running on 26mb the normal.

Fibre optic is what's required it does cost around 1,000 a month from TOT must say worth it one can download whatever you require within seconds.

Update on how my L/K went. Well it was an utter disaster.

We have a new resort in K.P.P opened yesterday for the first time, it's called the Mango resort must say it's the biz in a word stunning. Right on the side of the river Ping.

Arrived 6.30pm ushered to our table set for around 20 peeps most of the other chums Thai and English + one American "it was L/K after all so everyone was invited" were by this time tucking into their drinks.

The menu was asked for and the orders taken. So far so good. Sent orf the Krathongs. More peeps arriving by car & boat taxi (yes we have them here) all the time. Yet more drinks great service, by 8pm still no food on checking it's on it's way ??? more drinks were ordered.

By just after 8.30pm a full 2 hours still nothing had arrived grub wise. Time for H/M and mob to say good night to all. Cancelled our food and departed to another restaurant down the road all was as usual fine once we had placed the order the thing called food arrived in a few minutes 10 and delish it was too.

Update on food at the mango resort. Phoned my chum who had organised it this morning and turns out their food did eventually arrive, albeit a trite later if you can call just after 11pm a trite later.

By this time most had gone home only 4 left at least those didn't starve as there was bucket's "back to KFC again" of comestibles for all to share.

Outcome I can highly recommend the Mango resort it is as stated stunning, but only go for a beer take your own sandwiches.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Arrived back from the hell hole.

Big thank you to Rott reporting about the Russians, might have been better if you had spoken about the roads being dug up.

The Pattaya elders had in their wisdom decided to close beach !!! road Friday & Saturday night for a firework display, causing the complete town to become log jammed nothing moved and I mean nothing even the M/C taxis couldn't get through.

What with that and restaurant prices going through the roof by as much as 100% in some cases just about put the icing on the cake.

Will I be going again soon well NO, I'll leave it to David to complete the town twinning.

By the way David they are pulling down the complex opposite your hotel it has now become a shell.

The only thing that hasn't changed is they are still welcoming the dregs of humanity with open arms. At least it keeps the dross away from us central Thailand peeps.

I believe also found out why N/S doesn't have too many restaurants, have put it down to everyone there eating the wild life to-wit Barbie Noo. Everywhere I went as I passed through they were selling Bats (Noo) on a stick, I've no doubt in their own way delish. Sorry to say will be leaving those to you locals to enjoy.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 1

Big thank you to Rott reporting about the Russians, might have been better if you had spoken about the roads being dug up.

The Pattaya elders had in their wisdom decided to close beach !!! road Friday & Saturday night for a firework display, causing the complete town to become log jammed nothing moved and I mean nothing even the M/C taxis couldn't get through.

What with that and restaurant prices going through the roof by as much as 100% in some cases just about put the icing on the cake.

Will I be going again soon well NO, I'll leave it to David to complete the town twinning.

By the way David they are pulling down the complex opposite your hotel it has now become a shell.

The only thing that hasn't changed is they are still welcoming the dregs of humanity with open arms. At least it keeps the dross away from us central Thailand peeps.

I believe also found out why N/S doesn't have too many restaurants, have put it down to everyone there eating the wild life to-wit Barbie Noo. Everywhere I went as I passed through they were selling Bats (Noo) on a stick, I've no doubt in their own way delish. Sorry to say will be leaving those to you locals to enjoy.

H/M.

Fred.

Come on Fred get it right !!!

Bats = Noo????

It's Rats = Noo and Thais have been selling BBQ rats on a stick for over 20 years that I know of!!!

You should try one, they're quite tasty!

H/M.

Fred.

Come on Fred get it right !!!

Bats = Noo????

It's Rats = Noo and Thais have been selling BBQ rats on a stick for over 20 years that I know of!!!

You should try one, they're quite tasty!

According to Mrs H/M their Noo there might be a tone thing involved but Noo all the same. I do know about Noo the rat/mouse as her sister who looks after all the things at the mansion whilst we are away is also named Noo.

Why you would call anyone a rat beggars belief but TIT.

N/B.

Mrs H/M said they Noo tend to be quite tough to eat and recommends their put in a mortar & pestle and given a quick bashing prior to eating.

Edit because half my post was left out. Thanks T.V.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43