Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

This Friday is bike for Dad day along the Riverside Road, the kick off is at 1500 but you bet it will be closed well before then and appears to go all the way along to the second bridge. Today they were starting to put some start gate up so anyone heading for Immigration this week ( tuesday to thursday only-bank holidays ) be aware and it might be easier to use Sawanvittee and turn down by the Police Station, will let you know how things develop.

Just thought I should remind everyone that Monday the 14th is Wayne's Birthday.

He's sure to be having a grand 60th Birthday bash. Send cards early and some might be invited.

Right just brought some Beet root from Makro delish. And before the colonist say it's Beet, on the label it says whatever in Thai and Beet Root in English under.

Happy Birthday Wayne.

• Like 1

Just thought I should remind everyone that Monday the 14th is Wayne's Birthday.

He's sure to be having a grand 60th Birthday bash. Send cards early and some might be invited.

Right just brought some Beet root from Makro delish. And before the colonist say it's Beet, on the label it says whatever in Thai and Beet Root in English under.

Happy Birthday Wayne.

I didn't realise that he was so young, handsome maybe.

I thought that he was an old fart like H/M Fred.

What ever.

Happy Birthday Wayne

Edited by billd766

Actually Fred did get it wrong, it's ยี่สิบเก้า, yeesip gow. I stopped counting birthdays years ago, only anniversaries. It'll be my 42nd anniversary. PM me and I will send you an address where all gifts can be sent.

Thanks for thinking about me. I'm still a GGCOF only one year older and certainly not any wiser!

Live American sports start around midnight and last all night. I'm usually asleep before 1930 and watch sports when I wake up and finally get up when the mutts decide that it's time to go out. It's also a nice time to get some things done as it's very pleasant early in the am.

We are just finishing the corn harvest and the combine crew works all night. I've only had to operate the beast one night this year when the normal driver failed to show up because he got pissed at a wedding.

• Like 1

Arrived back in Bhudda’s own country today after an extended absence. Drive up was the usual=two homicidal maniacs in low rider pickup trucks weaving through the traffic, a convoy of Thai Navy buses led by a BIB car hogging the right hand lane and a weird contraflow arrangement on three quarters of the Nakkers bypass ostensibly for groups of cyclists that could have been circumnavigating Nakkers were it not for the fact that the contraflow seemed to end before the bypass rejoined the main road. After all they had stuffed up the traffic for 67% of the road-why not 100%?

At the house the patriarch of my partner’s family enthusiastically showed us the latest problem. It looks like water runoff has undermined land adjoining the house, causing a block wall fence to bow and a water tank and slab to list. Picture attached in case anyone has a clever idea on how to remedy.post-170833-0-84908600-1449998735_thumb.

The house also seems to have gained a dog, picture attached. No idea of the breed but if it helps in identification the thing scratches itself a lot.post-170833-0-46178900-1449998890_thumb.

• Like 1

Arrived back in Bhuddas own country today after an extended absence. Drive up was the usual=two homicidal maniacs in low rider pickup trucks weaving through the traffic, a convoy of Thai Navy buses led by a BIB car hogging the right hand lane and a weird contraflow arrangement on three quarters of the Nakkers bypass ostensibly for groups of cyclists that could have been circumnavigating Nakkers were it not for the fact that the contraflow seemed to end before the bypass rejoined the main road. After all they had stuffed up the traffic for 67% of the road-why not 100%?

At the house the patriarch of my partners family enthusiastically showed us the latest problem. It looks like water runoff has undermined land adjoining the house, causing a block wall fence to bow and a water tank and slab to list. Picture attached in case anyone has a clever idea on how to remedy.attachicon.gif20151213_151530.jpg

The house also seems to have gained a dog, picture attached. No idea of the breed but if it helps in identification the thing scratches itself a lot.attachicon.gif20151213_151914.jpg

Welcome back Bill the younger. Hope you had a good trip.

I know what you mean about the elders of N/S had to travel down to BKK Sunday got back this evening, your right a complete B/lls up on the bypass. All now ok running in both directions that's if you call the complete mess up on exiting same all running ok. They seem to have resurfaced some of it, but alas forgot to put any form of direction now if your not careful you like most of us end up entering the new bridge and having to do U turns. Welcome to N/S the hub of road problems.

Re the sloping garden. Does the water still work if so it's ok.

Cure run the butt low move same, one of the family digs a large hole and fills full of concrete sorted.

By just drilling a few very large holes in wall should cure everything in one jot. Your next door family member could then turn his low land into a swimming pool.

Maybe one can come round for a spot of skinny dipping.

Mike by the way is building a pool has a long way to go yet but he will get there.

Hope to meet up for a pint in a day or two.

If your passing you would be welcome as always to call in. If you let me know prior I'll lock Mrs H/M away in one of the outhouses.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Arrived back in Bhuddas own country today after an extended absence. Drive up was the usual=two homicidal maniacs in low rider pickup trucks weaving through the traffic, a convoy of Thai Navy buses led by a BIB car hogging the right hand lane and a weird contraflow arrangement on three quarters of the Nakkers bypass ostensibly for groups of cyclists that could have been circumnavigating Nakkers were it not for the fact that the contraflow seemed to end before the bypass rejoined the main road. After all they had stuffed up the traffic for 67% of the road-why not 100%?

At the house the patriarch of my partners family enthusiastically showed us the latest problem. It looks like water runoff has undermined land adjoining the house, causing a block wall fence to bow and a water tank and slab to list. Picture attached in case anyone has a clever idea on how to remedy.attachicon.gif20151213_151530.jpg

The house also seems to have gained a dog, picture attached. No idea of the breed but if it helps in identification the thing scratches itself a lot.attachicon.gif20151213_151914.jpg

I know what you mean about the elders of N/S had to travel down to BKK Sunday got back this evening, your right a complete B/lls up on the bypass. All now ok running in both directions that's if you call the complete mess up on exiting same all running ok. They seem to have resurfaced some of it, but alas forgot to put any form of direction now if your not careful you like most of us end up entering the new bridge and having to do U turns. Welcome to N/S the hub of road problems.

Cure run the butt low move same, one of the family digs a large hole and fills full of concrete sorted.

By just drilling a few very large holes in wall should cure everything in one jot. Your next door family member could then turn his low land into a swimming pool.

Mike by the way is building a pool has a long way to go yet but he will get there.

If your passing you would be welcome as always to call in. If you let me know prior I'll lock Mrs H/M away in one of the outhouses.

H/M.

Fred.

I now see that Bill the elder has water problems to-wit it's dried up.

Have sorted yours I'm now going to have a go at Builds one.

After having searched my brain.

Have come up with the answer I shall rent out one of my many bed rooms at the very low charge of 1.000bt a night.

I sometimes ask myself what would you Peeps do without me.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M.

Fred.

Have come up with the answer I shall rent out one of my many bed rooms at the very low charge of 1.000bt a night.

H/M.

Fred.

Well I would be 1,000 baht a night better off for a start.

I may take you up on that in 6 years time if my son goes to the uni just down the road for you but not at that price.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M.

Fred.

Well I would be 1,000 baht a night better off for a start.

I may take you up on that in 6 years time if my son goes to the uni just down the road for you but not at that price.

I'll have you know that that was my cheapest price. Does of cause include internet and as many cup of Mrs H/M coffee as you require.

H/M.

Fred.

The oldest of 3 dogs at the house is looking quite sick and one of the relatives went to the vet, described the symptoms and was given 2 syringes. The vet was busy and said someone else could do the injection. There was a quick game of pass the syringe and by default I ended up with them. As best i could make out one was an antibiotic and one was a vitamin shot.

I have never injected anything in my life but I've received a few over the years so gave it a go. The dog must be really sick as it didn't even whimper as the needle went in.

So far so good as it is still alive.

One is moist likely "antibiotic cocktail" as no blood test was run and it's just a guess. The other is most likely to stop vomiting and diarrhoea to try to stop further dehydration. Both should have been injected in the muscle, not just under the skin. A trip to the vet to get intravenous fluids might be on your agenda.

The needles are sharp and really don't hurt, it's the "sting" of the fluids being injected that cause the problem, and if like my dogs, they see the syringe and know what's coming. I have 8 and do all the shots myself. Most are easy, but I have one that starts crying and running around the room even before I get near her!

Good luck! I hope your friend gets better.

• Like 1

Wayne,

Thanks. I thought I should be injecting into the muscle but didn’t want to hit anything that could cause a further problem so I went for the easy option-in the scruff of the neck.

Where do you inject your dogs-somewhere around the hindquarters where there seems to be more muscle?

Usually in the upper part of the back leg. It's easier if you have someone to hold him/her. My dogs are medium size and I do it myself. I lay them down on a counter and turn them on their back. I then spread there legs and basically lie down on top of them. i then inject them in the fleshy part of the upper inner hind leg. A good place to do it as they are easier to control and think that they are going to get their tummy rubbed.

The Goldens would just come over and stand their and wait for the jab, they were never a problem.

Ivermectin under the skin in the scruff of the neck for heart worm., but anything for ticks here in farm country is a loosing battle.

Wayne, Thanks, dog seems to be on the mend now.

Drove up to Chiang Rai on Thursday. Bloody awful with the roadworks starting south of Tak and on/off all the way up to Thorn then starting again north of Lampang. It is as though they have decided to fix all the roads at once. Only one truck wrapped around a tree so not bad going for accidents.

We came back to Chiang Mai via the mountains west of Phayao and then south on the 118. Nice scenery but the Sunday driving was dangerous even by Thai standards. We passed a very bad bus accident about 40km north of Chiang Mai. Large crowd, emergency vehicles etc all there. Was later advised that 10+ people killed.

Back from Chiang Mai as of yesterday evening having bought a lump of sheep from the Makro near the airport. Apparently we have a barbeque somewhere here at the house so I am planning on supervising the cooking of a roast lamb.

Anyone know where gravy or the ingredients for it can be bought around KPP?

BTW the roadworks have decreased so the drive back was a lot more tolerable.

Back from Chiang Mai as of yesterday evening having bought a lump of sheep from the Makro near the airport. Apparently we have a barbeque somewhere here at the house so I am planning on supervising the cooking of a roast lamb.

I wish I had known that you had bought some lamb. Makro in KPP have none at all.

Perchance H/M does have some Knorr Lamb stock Q. Imported of cause if you would like a couple just pop in and I'll furnish you with same.

Of cause there will be a small charge just to cover the import costs large tax etc.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred,

Thanks for the offer-I'll take you upon it. Of course I fully understand that your victualling business for assorted KPP noblemen is suffering a tad due to the economic downturn and you have been sharpening your pencil in anticipation of myself negotiating a pretty sharp price but rest assured I am flush with cash having some loose change left over from my visit to the vet today and can therefore afford to be generous to a fault.

I assume we can do a deal involving teabags, 1 of the finest Chiang Rai pineapples and up to 5 Baht?

Bill,

Didn't know myself until we went there. We did hear a rumour that Makro Chiang Mai stocked lamb so whilst we were there we went to the Makro near the airport as it was on the way to one of the places we had to visit. They had rack of lamb, lamb shanks and 1 sizeable leg. We bought the latter. Not sure if the other Makros up there have it as well.

Well Merry Christmas to you all! We had our traditional Thai Christmas dinner yesterday Roast Turkey stuffed with Nakhon Sawan Noodles mixed with Paxo went down a treat and tomorrow we are off to Bella Coffee for the ex pats xmas treat.

Last week we some chums round who had just returned from a quick visit to Chiang Mai, on the way back they stopped of at KPP ( I was shocked dont mind telling you) but that was not the worst of it, they ate noodles whilst there and said they were very good!! I immediately made them go and lie down whilst an ambulance was called!! You will be pleased to know they all made a complete recovery and the reason for the super noodles was that they bought them from a travelling Nakhon Sawan noodle seller, phew that was a close call eh? Still they all lived happily ever after. I am told, though not verified, that KPP noodles are as potent as a Cobra bite!!

Bill,

Didn't know myself until we went there. We did hear a rumour that Makro Chiang Mai stocked lamb so whilst we were there we went to the Makro near the airport as it was on the way to one of the places we had to visit. They had rack of lamb, lamb shanks and 1 sizeable leg. We bought the latter. Not sure if the other Makros up there have it as well.

I have to go to Nakhon Sawan next month to do a 90 day report (it is a day out for me) and I can probably buy it in Makro there or in LotusTesco. I had planned to have roast lamp and a good bottle of port today but Makro was a bust and when I sent to a wine shop to buy a bottle of port the guy had no idea what port is.

Those are a couple of things that I miss from the UK.

I had planned to have roast lamp and a good bottle of port today but Makro was a bust and when I sent to a wine shop to buy a bottle of port the guy had no idea what port is.

You could probably find a "lamp" locally but wouldn't have any idea how to roast it unless you took it apart and mis-wired it.

I've been sick for the past week with the weather change and everything tastes the same so I mic'ed some leftover macaroni casserole and washed it down with a couple of gin/tonics. Could have used a couple more but there was only about two fingers left in the beefeater bottle and I was too lazy to drive the 70 kilometers to get another.

Hope that everybody had a Merry Christmas. I'm tuning up the pipes for the local village News Years Eve dinner and karaoke gathering.

• Like 1

I had planned to have roast lamp and a good bottle of port today but Makro was a bust and when I sent to a wine shop to buy a bottle of port the guy had no idea what port is.

You could probably find a "lamp" locally but wouldn't have any idea how to roast it unless you took it apart and mis-wired it.

I've been sick for the past week with the weather change and everything tastes the same so I mic'ed some leftover macaroni casserole and washed it down with a couple of gin/tonics. Could have used a couple more but there was only about two fingers left in the beefeater bottle and I was too lazy to drive the 70 kilometers to get another.

Hope that everybody had a Merry Christmas. I'm tuning up the pipes for the local village News Years Eve dinner and karaoke gathering.

I usually read my posts as I write them and then again before I post. As I post I usually spot something wrong and edit it.

There are times however when my eyes and fingers go out of sync and I end up blind in one ear and deaf in one eye and that's when I end up setting fire to a leg of lamp to lighten the darkness.

That's my story anyway.

I WILL have roast lamb for my Xmas dinner even if I have to change the date a bit.

Tuning the pipes? Are you a piper by any chance?

Well looks like most of us had the usual Christmas here to-wit crappy.

H/M one also didn't go that well either, daughter had a Christmas party at her school and by the time she got back it was to late to do anything.

H/M had been looking at a film on the TV when I decided to venture out into the living room around 7,15pm. What greeted me, well there they were not there, nothing about they had both gone to bed. Other than the dog not a sole.

It was then I received a Phone call from a friend who lives just round the corner he was in the same boat surrounded by Thais and asked H/M to pop round for a pint. Got there at about 8pm had a pint then went home. All in all a complete disaster.

Right what's all this David friends of yours sneaking into K.P.P and eating our Noodles no doubt taking the opportunity of the no visa required over the festive season.

I had told the Elders not to do that this year as one didn't know what sort of interlopers might try and get in.

Mike this year didn't do his usual Christmas bash seems that some of the local Germans had pulled to many strokes for the last two years, so it was just the usual menu. But he is going to do some sort of Barbie for new year.

Whatever hope you all made the best of what you got albeit not a lot over the party season.

H/M.

Fred.

Well Merry Christmas to you all! We had our traditional Thai Christmas dinner yesterday Roast Turkey stuffed with Nakhon Sawan Noodles mixed with Paxo went down a treat and tomorrow we are off to Bella Coffee for the ex pats xmas treat.

Last week we some chums round who had just returned from a quick visit to Chiang Mai, on the way back they stopped of at KPP ( I was shocked dont mind telling you) but that was not the worst of it, they ate noodles whilst there and said they were very good!! I immediately made them go and lie down whilst an ambulance was called!! You will be pleased to know they all made a complete recovery and the reason for the super noodles was that they bought them from a travelling Nakhon Sawan noodle seller, phew that was a close call eh? Still they all lived happily ever after. I am told, though not verified, that KPP noodles are as potent as a Cobra bite!!

And how was Bella Coffee yesterday?Rumour had it that there would be a lot of teachers there, nothing wrong with that of course. I hope that the town drunks who were there in force on the 25th didn't do any permanent damage :).

Hi Dave

Is there anywhere in N/S that I can buy a bottle of port to go with the roast lamb I didn't get on the 25th because Makro in KPP didn't have any. I am doing a 90 day report next month around the 20th.

Bill, I have never seen Port here, it might be possible in Pattaya or the like, sorry cant help you more than that.

• Like 1

Hi Dave

Is there anywhere in N/S that I can buy a bottle of port to go with the roast lamb I didn't get on the 25th because Makro in KPP didn't have any. I am doing a 90 day report next month around the 20th.

Bill, I have never seen Port here, it might be possible in Pattaya or the like, sorry cant help you more than that.

Morning Dave

Not a big problem. Just another one of the little things I don't use that often and only miss when I need it.

Maybe there is some in PhitLok but BKK or CM are both closer to me that Pattaya.

Perhaps H/M can find some the next time he goes to sin city.