Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Hi Dave

Is there anywhere in N/S that I can buy a bottle of port to go with the roast lamb I didn't get on the 25th because Makro in KPP didn't have any. I am doing a 90 day report next month around the 20th.

Bill, I have never seen Port here, it might be possible in Pattaya or the like, sorry cant help you more than that.

Morning Dave

Not a big problem. Just another one of the little things I don't use that often and only miss when I need it.

Maybe there is some in PhitLok but BKK or CM are both closer to me that Pattaya.

Perhaps H/M can find some the next time he goes to sin city.

One thinks you have more chance of winning Spot the Ball than H/M going to Patts in the near future. It's soon to be renamed N/S on Sea allegedly.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 1

If you get desperate you could always try making your own. 1 bottle of red wine, half a bottle of brandy, stir well, age for X hours/days and you should be good to go. It might lack a little je ne sais quoi but with a some imagination will approximate the real thing.

• Like 1

If you get desperate you could always try making your own. 1 bottle of red wine, half a bottle of brandy, stir well, age for X hours/days and you should be good to go. It might lack a little je ne sais quoi but with a some imagination will approximate the real thing.

TBH I had never thought about that. I might give that a try, after all, nothing tried is nothing lost or gained.

However it may take a long time, see here, perhaps 10 to 20 years and I am not sure if I will be around that long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_wine

A friend of mine make his own port using wine and brandy. The only difference to the above method is that he has a small wood cask( around 5 litres) and keeps adding more wine and brandy over time.

I've drunk some of it and it tastes as good as the 'real' thing. I believe the wood cask adds something to the taste especially if it previously contained spirits or wine. They are available online but I don't know whether you would get one delivered to Thailand.

• Like 1

A friend of mine make his own port using wine and brandy. The only difference to the above method is that he has a small wood cask( around 5 litres) and keeps adding more wine and brandy over time.

I've drunk some of it and it tastes as good as the 'real' thing. I believe the wood cask adds something to the taste especially if it previously contained spirits or wine. They are available online but I don't know whether you would get one delivered to Thailand.

I will have to think about that one, but next year.

Online is OK but I know some vendors don't deliver some items to Thailand and even an empty wood cask will be expensive to post.

If the customs opened it then the smell alone would cost me thousands of baht in tax.

Bill, it might be possible for some local carpenter to build you a couple of small barrels. If you can show him a picture of what you want, when you get it fill it with water and look for leaks then seal them, so you will need an entry and exit point, your exit could be a tap from Boots wine/beer department, coming through the post would not not look suspicious. There are plenty of other online sellers of brewing accessories.

Edited by nong38

Heads up.
H/M went out today to pick up some bit's. Couldn't get in Makro car park to many peeps.

But that's not the main thing, I have never seen an accident here in over 7 years. Today I have seen 4 in less than an hour. 2 involving three cars one 2 and one near where I live involving well over 10. That was before midday.
Suggest that if your thinking of going out later you either don't or make it local.

Whatever your up to have a good time and stay safe.

Happy new year to all.

H/M.
Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Bill, it might be possible for some local carpenter to build you a couple of small barrels. If you can show him a picture of what you want, when you get it fill it with water and look for leaks then seal them, so you will need an entry and exit point, your exit could be a tap from Boots wine/beer department, coming through the post would not not look suspicious. There are plenty of other online sellers of brewing accessories.

Point of order Bill the younger.

SMALL barrels, Small barrels. What I would like to ask is wrong with large ones. Then we would all have a reason to pop round to Bill the Elder's place for the odd tipple.

Bill the E, I have to go to Phitso on Tuesday will have a look there for your Port. Don't hold up to much hope but will look anyway.

M/B as usual there will be a small cover charge.

H/M.

Fred.

Hehe! My luck was in yesterday, slipped in and out of Kippers for over three hours without the self appointed hunt master noticing!!!

Self appointed self appointed I'll have you know that it's taken one years to get to the position in life that I now so rightfully deserve.

For your information we are still having the no Visa required. That's till the 4th. I did tell the elders we would get also-ran's sneaking in. Only hope that they pay more attention next year.

What I would like to know did you do here as most of the shops were closed for the festive season.

Ah got it now you fancied some fresh air.

I was quite busy yesterday as it was our belated Christmas lunch, couldn't let Mrs H/M do any of that as we would have ended up with chilly impregnated Duck.

H/M.

Fred.

Hehe! My luck was in yesterday, slipped in and out of Kippers for over three hours without the self appointed hunt master noticing!!!

Self appointed self appointed I'll have you know that it's taken one years to get to the position in life that I now so rightfully deserve.

For your information we are still having the no Visa required. That's till the 4th. I did tell the elders we would get also-ran's sneaking in. Only hope that they pay more attention next year.

What I would like to know did you do here as most of the shops were closed for the festive season.

I was quite busy yesterday as it was our belated Christmas lunch, couldn't let Mrs H/M do any of that as we would have ended up with chilly impregnated Duck.

H/M.

Fred.

Fresh air???? There's never been any fresh air up there, that's why they call it Kippers!!!

Just visiting some of our less fortunate family who live that side of the border and I actually sneaked in up the back road to avoid being seen travelling up there by any of our upper class NS residents!!!

BTW what does 'one years' mean?

H/M.

Fred.

Fresh air???? There's never been any fresh air up there, that's why they call it Kippers!!!

Just visiting some of our less fortunate family who live that side of the border and I actually sneaked in up the back road to avoid being seen travelling up there by any of our upper class NS residents!!!

For your information One is a first person pronoun EG One is not amused. Queen Victoria.

I used it in the sentence it has taken One years to get, etc. Or to make it a bit more easy for you lot to understand one could have replaced one with H/M.

Upper class and you don't know how us royalty use words.

I can see you mob now at the Queens garden party conveying oneself like Dell Boy. Alrite yu Magg fanks far a triffic bash.

One trembles at the thought.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M.

Fred.

For your information One is a first person pronoun EG One is not amused. Queen Victoria.

I used it in the sentence it has taken One years to get, etc. Or to make it a bit more easy for you lot to understand one could have replaced one with H/M.

Upper class and you don't know how us royalty use words.

I can see you mob now at the Queens garden party conveying oneself like Dell Boy. Alrite yu Magg fanks far a triffic bash.

One trembles at the thought.

H/M.

Fred.

Yes, but Del Boy was always himself, not a self appointed impostor like some around here!!!

Self appointed Imposter!!! I'll have you know that someone else on TV appointed me that.

Now regards Dell Boy he was played by David Jason a fine actor. D/B was also a figment of the writers 'now sadly not with us' imagination.

One is glad to say not a figment of anyone's imagination a real live peeps (well sometimes)

Oh by the way the free visa has now finished, so it's pay up time.

Hope your overpass is now up and running as H/M will be trotting that way in the next few week's.

No panic yet regards putting out the Bunting I will let you know in good time.

H/M.

Fred.

Staying overnight in Khao Kho, I needed the user name and password for the WiFi so called to reception-

Me : Can I have the username and password for WiFi please?

Reception : OK, your name

Me : You want my name?

R : Your name is won

Me : No, it is not

R : Username is won

Me : OK, I see my username starts with 1. What next?

R : DEE

Me : Big D or little D?

R : DEEEE

R : DEEEEEEE

R : DEEEEEEEEEEE

R : DEE for dog

Me : Big dog or little dog?

R : Little dog

Me : Thank you.

R : AAY

Me : Big A or little A?

R : AAAAAAY

and so on......

At the end of all that when I tried to log on it didn't work.

Traffic Alert!

The roads in Takfa, all three, are totally blocked in preparation of the Children's day celebration. The BIB are out in force trying to keep them open but it's a losing battle with one telling everyone to go one way and another telling them to go another. I had to park a whole block and a half away and walk to 7-11.

Normally there would be tourists, one or two, out to look at the Sunflowers. But they don't exist this year due to the draught and late corn harvest.

Preparations are now well underway for the up coming Chinese New Year, supplies are arriving as I speak and have been doing so for the last week, so look out for the extra action around town, I on the other hand will be not around town for the next few days as I will be heading up to Chiang Mai on a cultural visit. Eating things we cannot find in Nakhon sawan or other parts of Thailand, encouraging domestic tourists to Nakhon Sawan for the ever popular Noodles Fest and taking in a few of the sights as well as sampling the local beer to see if its up to standard, this is a very hard part of the visit one that I personally dread, you have no idea the stress it causes trying to get up off the floor! I am taking an assistant to help me this year and share the load, we will be both doing this purely for the community and without any fee or favour.

Any request for a call into KPP will be chargeable but do look out for our VIP coach whizzing through.

Preparations are now well underway for the up coming Chinese New Year, supplies are arriving as I speak and have been doing so for the last week, so look out for the extra action around town, I on the other hand will be not around town for the next few days as I will be heading up to Chiang Mai on a cultural visit. Eating things we cannot find in Nakhon sawan or other parts of Thailand, encouraging domestic tourists to Nakhon Sawan for the ever popular Noodles Fest and taking in a few of the sights as well as sampling the local beer to see if its up to standard, this is a very hard part of the visit one that I personally dread, you have no idea the stress it causes trying to get up off the floor! I am taking an assistant to help me this year and share the load, we will be both doing this purely for the community and without any fee or favour.

Any request for a call into KPP will be chargeable but do look out for our VIP coach whizzing through.

Just had a friend come back from C/Mai. May I suggest you don't forget your winter togs, according to his report it was a Trite chilly at night. Maybe they can warm your beer up.

H/M.

Fred.

Yes I am taking my duffle coat, gloves and balaclava, almost forgot the hot water bottle (285)!

How is the hunting season going caught anything lately?

Glad to see that you have taken heed on my suggestion of warm tog's.

Alas the hunt has hit a slow period. Have put it down to the elders letting the riff raff in for free over the festive season.

Do believe that they are still overcome with the delights here and might be having a break before they over do it.

Either that or are as I tap selling up and trying to more here full time.

Buddha help us if it's the last.

H/M.

Fred.

I must come and join the "Hunt" on day to see it in action, tell me, what do the locals think of you rampaging into their gardens and knocking over all their chickens? What returns did 2015 bring what did you actually kill?

I must come and join the "Hunt" on day to see it in action, tell me, what do the locals think of you rampaging into their gardens and knocking over all their chickens? What returns did 2015 bring what did you actually kill?

The hunt for your information doesn't kill anything.

It was set up in the first place to keep the lesser peeps out of K.P.Phet.

You are more than welcome to attend. I can see you now as you alight from the bus before spotting us in full regalia horns blasting with the sound of Tallyho echoing in your ears.

By the way peeps don't have Chicken in gardens here, much to upmarket for things like that.

Almost forgot local news, Mrs H/M went out today and mislaid, read lost, her remote for the gate all now sorted only cost H/M 1,300bt for a new one, not forgetting the time it took me to change the code on the gate motor and the other remotes.

She will be on her way in the very near future that as soon as I can find a new one that clean out the stables.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

The new southbound overpass onto the Nakkers bypass is working well so you can sweep past the city without having to slow down. No police checkpoints, no accidents and only one set of roadworks which made for an easy trip down to Bangers. At the OTOP service station at Khlong Khlung someone is building a sizeable waterfall as some sort of attraction. Apparently it's costing Baht1M which seems to be a case of overcapitalisation, especially seeing as it leaks.

The new southbound overpass onto the Nakkers bypass is working well so you can sweep past the city without having to slow down. No police checkpoints, no accidents and only one set of roadworks which made for an easy trip down to Bangers. At the OTOP service station at Khlong Khlung someone is building a sizeable waterfall as some sort of attraction. Apparently it's costing Baht1M which seems to be a case of overcapitalisation, especially seeing as it leaks.

Leaking waterfall cant believe that, must have a look next time I pass.

Went shopping today Global house K.P.P. Needed a new tap for utility room they had several that would have done nicely.

H/M I have that one please, staff solly no hab, well how about that one ??? solly no hab, I ended up going through their hole selection double figures all were solly no hab.

How I would like to know do they make a living???

Hope your having a good time in Japan Skiing Bill. Have a go at their Squid ice cream Delish.

Will catch up on your return.

H/M.

Fred.

We have now returned from the frozen north. We went up by coach and mercifully went straight past KPP and Tak, jolly good coach actually, recommend them, Sombat Tours. 3 seats across, massaging seats and food better then the usual. Came back by train, nice scenery but food carp ( I took 2 bacon baggettes with me being an experienced traveler- I been to Leeds!) the train arrived only 10 minutes late into Nakkers which was not bad but the condition of the train was very poor. A 1996 model from S Korea which looked like there had been no TLC or re furbishment done since it arrived, SRT have a lot of work to do, staff were very good but just need some new tools.

I was able to walk round CM without socks most of the time much to the amazement of others, this is what being a hard man is all about, as well as being able to ride bare back in hunts. No duffle coat required even though I saw a temp of 11c once!

Still nice to be back after another successful bonding visit, next months its off to Patters by special request.

For anyone who might be interested there is a new swimming pool and water resort in Dreamland, its 50bts to get in and opens at 1200, if you are going from the Tak Road to the Nong Krot/Pitsanulok Road it will be on your right hand side.

We have now returned from the frozen north. We went up by coach and mercifully went straight past KPP and Tak, jolly good coach actually, recommend them, Sombat Tours. 3 seats across, massaging seats and food better then the usual. Came back by train, nice scenery but food carp ( I took 2 bacon baggettes with me being an experienced traveler- I been to Leeds!) the train arrived only 10 minutes late into Nakkers which was not bad but the condition of the train was very poor. A 1996 model from S Korea which looked like there had been no TLC or re furbishment done since it arrived, SRT have a lot of work to do, staff were very good but just need some new tools.

I was able to walk round CM without socks most of the time much to the amazement of others, this is what being a hard man is all about, as well as being able to ride bare back in hunts. No duffle coat required even though I saw a temp of 11c once!

Still nice to be back after another successful bonding visit, next months its off to Patters by special request.

For anyone who might be interested there is a new swimming pool and water resort in Dreamland, its 50bts to get in and opens at 1200, if you are going from the Tak Road to the Nong Krot/Pitsanulok Road it will be on your right hand side.

You didn't have to say that your hard as we all know that.

Anyone that can go to Patts more than once every 20years has to be a tough as old boots.

Information. Kiss restaurant has now moved down Nakluea road it's on the right going from Dolphin R/About. Where it used to be should by now be a building site as they were pulling it down last time I was there. So if your staying at the Palm G again make sure you get a room at the back.

H/M will be visiting N/S in the next week only hope that it's sorted it's self out. I have been informed that the clock in the tower is still telling the wrong time. Get a grip it's only been correct once to my knowledge in the last 8+ years.

If you had asked H/M would have told you that Sombat Tours doesn't stop in K.P.P seems they cant get a Visa allegedly.

H/M.

Fred.

For anyone who might be interested there is a new swimming pool and water resort in Dreamland, its 50bts to get in and opens at 1200, if you are going from the Tak Road to the Nong Krot/Pitsanulok Road it will be on your right hand side

Riding bareback may be well and good in Nakkers but that sort of thing is frowned upon up in KPP. The resident H/M may wish to comment?