Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

I live in Takfa, Nakhon Sawan Province, they are readily available here, one off.

Where is Takfa? I found Takhli Railway Station, is that the same place? You have a name for the shop selling those IBC tote?

Thanks!

Takfa is about 30 kilometers east of Takhli on highway 1. The easiest shop to find is on the southeast corner of the junction of highway 1 and highway 11, you'll see a pile of blue plastic 55 gallon drums outside. GPS coordinates 15.351402, 100.503751. I don't have a clue about price but will ask if I go by there in the next couple of days.

• Like 2

I live in Takfa, Nakhon Sawan Province, they are readily available here, one off.

Where is Takfa? I found Takhli Railway Station, is that the same place? You have a name for the shop selling those IBC tote?

Thanks!

Takfa is about 30 kilometres east of Takhli on highway 1. The easiest shop to find is on the south-east corner of the junction of highway 1 and highway 11, you'll see a pile of blue plastic 55 gallon drums outside. GPS coordinates 15.351402, 100.503751. I don't have a clue about price but will ask if I go by there in the next couple of days.

It is just about here on Google Earth.

post-5614-0-75839200-1458863240_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Spot on!

Put in coordinates 15.301272, 100.534152 in google earth and zoom in. That's my house. Select "display on google maps" on the menu bar and when it comes up move the man to the house to get street view. You'll get a picture of my house better than I could have ever taken. I had no idea that they had ventured out here in the boonies to take pictures, but they're great!

Put up a new Avatar but still needs some work as his nose got cut off. This is the mutt that got dumped in the back of my truck at the market three weeks ago when he was about 1 month old. I tried feebly to give him away but the others have adopted him. My one eyed wrinkled faced 5 year old mutt has adopted him even letting him suck her titties.

I was sitting here on Wednesday, the 1 year anniversary of my wife's passing, and there she was looking at me from the picture on the shelf next to the TV. I then realized that the background on my laptop is a picture of my oldest male Golden who died 5 years ago, the background on my cell a picture of my Lab who died 4 years ago, my Avatar on TV a picture of a Golden that died three years ago and the background on my desktop a picture of my last Golden who died last year. I thought that it was time for a change and have something living staring back at me!!

It's been slow now that the corn and sugar have been harvested but the next beast arrives in Bangkok next Friday and will be here just in time to enjoy Songkran. It's currently on a cruise with a stop in Xaimen, China, before touring Hong Kong on the way here. Oh what fun, another 105 piece 10000+ kilo jigsaw puzzle. Can't wait!!

post-77463-0-44867700-1458867167_thumb.j

• Like 1

I just popped in and checked on the tanks. They hold 1000 liters, and cost 3500 baht. I think the price is negotiable but I didn't bargain as I had no intention of buying one.

The last time I bargained for something that I really didn't want I got the guy to come down so much that I felt bad about walking away so I bought it. I now have a huge ice chest that is only used when someone borrows it for a party or funeral!

• Like 1

Spot on!

Put in coordinates 15.301272, 100.534152 in google earth and zoom in. That's my house. Select "display on google maps" on the menu bar and when it comes up move the man to the house to get street view. You'll get a picture of my house better than I could have ever taken. I had no idea that they had ventured out here in the boonies to take pictures, but they're great!

Put up a new Avatar but still needs some work as his nose got cut off. This is the mutt that got dumped in the back of my truck at the market three weeks ago when he was about 1 month old. I tried feebly to give him away but the others have adopted him. My one eyed wrinkled faced 5 year old mutt has adopted him even letting him suck her titties.

I was sitting here on Wednesday, the 1 year anniversary of my wife's passing, and there she was looking at me from the picture on the shelf next to the TV. I then realized that the background on my laptop is a picture of my oldest male Golden who died 5 years ago, the background on my cell a picture of my Lab who died 4 years ago, my Avatar on TV a picture of a Golden that died three years ago and the background on my desktop a picture of my last Golden who died last year. I thought that it was time for a change and have something living staring back at me!!

It's been slow now that the corn and sugar have been harvested but the next beast arrives in Bangkok next Friday and will be here just in time to enjoy Songkran. It's currently on a cruise with a stop in Xaimen, China, before touring Hong Kong on the way here. Oh what fun, another 105 piece 10000+ kilo jigsaw puzzle. Can't wait!!

attachicon.gifDSC01175.jpg

Wow! Google is everywhere. it is amazing!

Lovely place.

Cheers!

Thanks!

Takfa is about 30 kilometres east of Takhli on highway 1. The easiest shop to find is on the south-east corner of the junction of highway 1 and highway 11, you'll see a pile of blue plastic 55 gallon drums outside. GPS coordinates 15.351402, 100.503751. I don't have a clue about price but will ask if I go by there in the next couple of days.

It is just about here on Google Earth.

attachicon.gifIt is just about here.jpg

That's perfect! Look that. From Google street view.

post-212556-81267_thumb.png

I just popped in and checked on the tanks. They hold 1000 liters, and cost 3500 baht. I think the price is negotiable but I didn't bargain as I had no intention of buying one.

The last time I bargained for something that I really didn't want I got the guy to come down so much that I felt bad about walking away so I bought it. I now have a huge ice chest that is only used when someone borrows it for a party or funeral!

Hi @Wayne, thanks for that.

That's the price I was expecting to pay for the new one, if it was used, then at least half price, that's ok, the standard price is US$100.

I will go to that place after 06 April when I'll get back to Nakhon Sawan, for sure I will try to bargain a better price, perhaps I'll buy 2 if they give a good discount.

Do you mind to borrow your ice chest to me? ahahah It was funny!

No problem borrowing the ice chest as long as it's full of so kind of brew when it's returned.

I'll send you a PM with my email address and phone number and maybe we could meet up if you come, I live about 10 kilometers from the shop. The 6th of April is just about the time that my next beast, John Deere 6629 harvester, will be arriving from the US, all 105 large parts that have to be put together like a giant erector set. It just arrived in Hong Kong a few hours ago on it's 35 day journey from the US.Here's a couple of pictures of us unloading the carcass and putting the final drives and wheels on the last one that I imported 2 years ago.

attachicon.gifDSC00886.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC00889.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC00989.JPG

It's okay. I'll return it full of Lao Khao!

wow what a monster? What are you going to harvest?

Lao Khao will work! I don't drink it myself, I use it as drain cleaner but I could sell it to the locals!

The harvesters are for corn and beans, mainly corn and sunflowers around here. Our small Coop now has three, 2 JD6620's and a larger JD9500.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my 90 day by post on the 28th, that received it on the 29th. It was due on the 6th but I haven't received the return yet. Most likely will come sometime after the festivities.

Sent my 90 day by post on the 28th, that received it on the 29th. It was due on the 6th but I haven't received the return yet. Most likely will come sometime after the festivities.

That's why I'm going Wayne they do take their time sending things back.

H/M will be orf back to Blighty for 4 weeks on the 26th via BKK on the 25th will need all the up to date paperwork for return.

Besides I fancy a trip out been hovering in the chateau due to the heat. 42c 108f in old money yesterday. In any ones book it's been a trite warm.

It'll be an in and out job might grab some grub on the way back. Will not be hovering to have a look around as Mrs H/M won't be coming says it's the weather.

Only hope that the roads are now all finished they have been up and down for months, will report on those on my return.

K.P.Phet had some heavy rain Saturday evening first lot in about 3 months, started at 6.30 all over by 7.20 let the dogs out 7.30 and the Soi was as dry as a bone. Not seen a cloud since.

Hope that all you locals are doing well.

H/M.

Fred.

That's why I'm going Wayne they do take their time sending things back.

H/M will be orf back to Blighty for 4 weeks on the 26th via BKK on the 25th will need all the up to date paperwork for return.

Besides I fancy a trip out been hovering in the chateau due to the heat. 42c 108f in old money yesterday. In any ones book it's been a trite warm.

It'll be an in and out job might grab some grub on the way back. Will not be hovering to have a look around as Mrs H/M won't be coming says it's the weather.

Only hope that the roads are now all finished they have been up and down for months, will report on those on my return.

K.P.Phet had some heavy rain Saturday evening first lot in about 3 months, started at 6.30 all over by 7.20 let the dogs out 7.30 and the Soi was as dry as a bone. Not seen a cloud since.

Hope that all you locals are doing well.

H/M.

Fred.

Left the house at 7.45am arrived visa office 8.55 out before 9am. Had to wait while peeps put their thumb print on forms. True.

Roads as I left K.P.P were good. They were also giving out free drinks and snacks. Same at Salok Bat. As usual Bugger all in now to be renamed N/Scrooge.

All the roads are open not a sign of road works, condition of said roads very good in K.P.P province, but there are plenty of crappy ones the usual in N/Scrooge.

Traffic was light going down but going back took H/M at least 20 Min: longer due to the hoards, quality of driving the usual lets go like idiots and they were. Arrived back 10.25.

Tip if you don't have to go out don't later today and tomorrow Sat/Sun returning will be hell.

Edit must learn to put a D at the end of arrive.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone looking for a house ( 3 bedrooms) in Nakhon Sawan Tok? One of my neighbours is looking to sell, its on Deprom 2, which is about 4kms east of the by pass. 74 talang wah and they are looking for 2.5m bhats, its does not flood here, anyone want any further information pm me.

Just 12 days now before I return to Referendumland, the cooler climes will be most welcome, for a while.

Edited by nong38

• 3 weeks later...

Amorn Electronics used to have a store in NS on Sawanvittee road on the left side gong from Big C toward Fairyland across from the Krung Thai Bank, 155 Sawanvittee Road. Is it still there? I sent them an email and it was un- deliverable to [email protected] and the telephone number on the website doesn't work. I need to have some power tool batteries re-celled and don't want to drive the 200 kilometer round trip to only find out that they are not there.

Any info would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived back in Bangers in the early hours of Thursday morning and in time for the balmy 38 deg+ day that followed. We managed to get through the day without a major meltdown, sort of grateful to have missed the really hot weather.

Next day we picked up a hire car from a well known hire company at Don Muang with a mere 155,000km on the clock and set off for KPP province. The suspension seems to be based on snapped candles and the head lights on glow worms.

it was a long weekend for government employees so the traffic was very heavy all the way up to north of Singburi where there was a 2km jam at the first set of roadworks which were, of course strategically placed at traffic lights to maximise the congestion.

We soldiered on and then hit traffic at a standstill north of Salok Bat where a roadworks contraflow was in place with both southbound lanes nominally closed and the 2 northbound lanes used for both north and south traffic. The congestion was partially due to the roadworks but brought to a standstill by the driving tactics of the locals.

Exhibit A was a damaged vehicle which had just been towed off the road due to a fairly substantial low speed head on crash which rendered it undrivable.

Exhibit B was a pickup truck that had become frustrated with the jam and decided to head off across the centre ditch to try its luck on the closed lanes. Unfortunately he had miscalculated his entry/exit angles and become marooned mid ditch with rear wheels off the ground. Another driver was casually attaching a snatch strap to the vehicle to try and pull him out.

Exhibit C were vehicles who had decided to make a run up the inside on the soft shoulder only to be brought to a halt by a fallen tree.

Whilst we navigated past these antics a flurry of traffic appeared southbound on the closed part of the road. Some of the northbound traffic seized on this as a sign that the road was now open and swung out into the previously southbound lane. A large truck carrying some sort of flammable load went first followed by several pickups. Not wishing to be left behind I joined them believing I had plenty of distance between the lead truck and myself if it should anything go awry. All went well for a while until a larger truck appeared heading towards us in our lane demonstrating that the road was not quite open and all the vehicles in our group made a quick move back into the previous lane.

Eventually we got to Khlong Khlung and our turnoff finally arriving home in a welcome shower of rain.

We arrived back in Bangers in the early hours of Thursday morning and in time for the balmy 38 deg+ day that followed. We managed to get through the day without a major meltdown, sort of grateful to have missed the really hot weather.[/size]

[/size]

Next day we picked up a hire car from a well known hire company at Don Muang with a mere 155,000km on the clock and set off for KPP province. The suspension seems to be based on snapped candles and the head lights on glow worms.[/size]

[/size]

it was a long weekend for government employees so the traffic was very heavy all the way up to north of Singburi where there was a 2km jam at the first set of roadworks which were, of course strategically placed at traffic lights to maximise the congestion.[/size]

[/size]

We soldiered on and then hit traffic at a standstill north of Salok Bat where a roadworks contraflow was in place with both southbound lanes nominally closed and the 2 northbound lanes used for both north and south traffic. The congestion was partially due to the roadworks but brought to a standstill by the driving tactics of the locals. [/size]

[/size]

Exhibit A was a damaged vehicle which had just been towed off the road due to a fairly substantial low speed head on crash which rendered it undrivable. [/size]

[/size]

Exhibit B was a pickup truck that had become frustrated with the jam and decided to head off across the centre ditch to try its luck on the closed lanes. Unfortunately he had miscalculated his entry/exit angles and become marooned mid ditch with rear wheels off the ground. Another driver was casually attaching a snatch strap to the vehicle to try and pull him out.[/size]

[/size]

Exhibit C were vehicles who had decided to make a run up the inside on the soft shoulder only to be brought to a halt by a fallen tree.[/size]

[/size]

Whilst we navigated past these antics a flurry of traffic appeared southbound on the closed part of the road. Some of the northbound traffic seized on this as a sign that the road was now open and swung out into the previously southbound lane. A large truck carrying some sort of flammable load went first followed by several pickups. Not wishing to be left behind I joined them believing I had plenty of distance between the lead truck and myself if it should anything go awry. All went well for a while until a larger truck appeared heading towards us in our lane demonstrating that the road was not quite open and all the vehicles in our group made a quick move back into the previous lane.[/size]

[/size]

Eventually we got to Khlong Khlung and our turnoff finally arriving home in a welcome shower of rain.[/size]

Glad to see that you arrived safely Bill. Yet another uneventful trip back then.

Thanks for the info on road works etc. I shall be on my way back up to K.P.P from BKK on Thursday? will allow plenty of time.

Then again I could always sleep in Sam's my taxi mans car like normal, and miss the lot.

In the mean time enjoy.

Fred.

H/M.

Anyone know what specific documentation the KPP Land Office needs to register the lease of land?

As a foreigner I am looking to take out a 20 year lease on freehold land. Unless the rules have changed I understand this is legal. The Land Office has been most helpful but it looks like they require some form of official documentation detailing my address, my passport alone seems to be insufficient since the passport does not show my address( I know the rules can vary from province to province so this may be a local rule).

If others have come across this issue and have some advice it wold be welcome.

• 1 month later...

All very quiet on here, we really need a bit of bickering and venom to liven things up. biggrin.png

For those who are interested Nakhon Sawan bar life continues much as before, the longer established places (e.g. Bon Bon x 3, Platinum/Dragon, Malibu, Aprils)) keep going, some new places thrive notably Analog and to a slightly lesser extent the one opposite and also Goril-tar. Stupid name the last one, not sure of the logic or reasoning. Others not doing so well but surviving. There's been a few demolitions including the very large resto near Mercy coffee that I think was called "Moon River" can't be sure as they never had an English language sign. Strange one that, as they always seemed to be doing improvements. Two new places have opened near there and another is under construction.

The Tool Bar crashed and burned as did the reincarnation of the old Yellow Bar, just after they'd corrected the name from Side Wave to Side Way.

Good to see Bella Coffee up and running again after their break, their excellent pizzas and pastas plus "popular priced" wine and beer cheer up the jaded farang and thai alike. Coffee is good as well.

Coffee 'n Cake places open and close regularly. Hope springs eternal in the human heart as they say, what makes people plough money into a place when they see similar ventures failing regularly is beyond me. But I wish them all luck.

Bye for now.

All very quiet on here, we really need a bit of bickering and venom to liven things up. biggrin.png

For those who are interested Nakhon Sawan bar life continues much as before, the longer established places (e.g. Bon Bon x 3, Platinum/Dragon, Malibu, Aprils)) keep going, some new places thrive notably Analog and to a slightly lesser extent the one opposite and also Goril-tar. Stupid name the last one, not sure of the logic or reasoning. Others not doing so well but surviving. There's been a few demolitions including the very large resto near Mercy coffee that I think was called "Moon River" can't be sure as they never had an English language sign. Strange one that, as they always seemed to be doing improvements. Two new places have opened near there and another is under construction.

The Tool Bar crashed and burned as did the reincarnation of the old Yellow Bar, just after they'd corrected the name from Side Wave to Side Way.

Good to see Bella Coffee up and running again after their break, their excellent pizzas and pastas plus "popular priced" wine and beer cheer up the jaded farang and thai alike. Coffee is good as well.

Coffee 'n Cake places open and close regularly. Hope springs eternal in the human heart as they say, what makes people plough money into a place when they see similar ventures failing regularly is beyond me. But I wish them all luck.

Bye for now.

Any decent places for lunch? I am coming down on Friday to do a 90 day report and a retirement extension and I usually eat in Big C at the Santa Fe. The food is OK and the prices are OK.

There used to be a pizza place over a 7/11 not far from immigration but I haven't been there for a couple of years now.

Maison 456, but not sure about Lunch Time. Try Google it. Realy nice...

Only open in the evenings and I live 125 km away fro Nakhon Sawan. Thanks for the tip though.

Maison 456 Bar & Bistro is open from everyday from 18:00 until midnight. It is located at : 605/456 ต.นครสวรรค์ตก ถนนนครสวรรค์-พิษณุโลก, Nakhon Sawan 60000 (Take a left in the street across Lotus Tesco The Walk and take the first alley at your right, it is at the very end of that alley).

http://www.thailandforfarang.com/province/nakhon-sawan/food-and-drinks/maison-456-bar-bistro/

Bye for now.

I think you'll find that the lack of posts is because the Mods keep deleting them without a word of why. Well that just one of the reasons H/M doesn't post or even look at TV anymore. Bit of a lie as I do look at video news most days if I have time.

I had to go to the visa office N/S last week second time in a matter of weeks. First was for new visa. The second was for conformation I was still alive, kind request from the pensions peeps in Blighty. Had to have my signature counter signed/witnessed.

The very nice lady that does the visa's cannot do same but the top lady can, that's of cause she's there. Cost is FREE but I did hand over 1.000bt to buy everyone there some lunch.

Gladly excepted.

You can also get it done at the British embassy but they want weeks for an appointment and also charge 1.000bt hence the 1.000 I gave the visa office would sooner give it to Thais than the Brit lot anyway.

I couldn't wait for B/Embassy all to do with the fact that they only do it before 9am, entailing a one night hotel in BKK, also a round trip of about 800km for me it was a non starter.

Almost forgot the office in N/S is still top notch just a pity about the roads. Oh and the clock outside Big C is yet again telling the wrong time. Not going to go down the traffic situation road wise.

Our new K.P.Phet Visa office opens in about 3/4 months. Anyone wanting to know where it will be, can either ask on TV PM or email me most of you locals have got my email address and phone No:

H/M.

Fred.

Bye for now.

I think you'll find that the lack of posts is because the Mods keep deleting them without a word of why. Well that just one of the reasons H/M doesn't post or even look at TV anymore. Bit of a lie as I do look at video news most days if I have time.

I had to go to the visa office N/S last week second time in a matter of weeks. First was for new visa. The second was for conformation I was still alive, kind request from the pensions peeps in Blighty. Had to have my signature counter signed/witnessed.

The very nice lady that does the visa's cannot do same but the top lady can, that's of cause she's there. Cost is FREE but I did hand over 1.000bt to buy everyone there some lunch.

Gladly excepted.

You can also get it done at the British embassy but they want weeks for an appointment and also charge 1.000bt hence the 1.000 I gave the visa office would sooner give it to Thais than the Brit lot anyway.

I couldn't wait for B/Embassy all to do with the fact that they only do it before 9am, entailing a one night hotel in BKK, also a round trip of about 800km for me it was a non starter.

Almost forgot the office in N/S is still top notch just a pity about the roads. Oh and the clock outside Big C is yet again telling the wrong time. Not going to go down the traffic situation road wise.

Our new K.P.Phet Visa office opens in about 3/4 months. Anyone wanting to know where it will be, can either ask on TV PM or email me most of you locals have got my email address and phone No:

H/M.

Fred.

I did try and put an edit in but as usual TV lets you do it and then tells you you cant.

Rant over.

Edit.

Sorry cant help you Bill regards food as we the G/L and myself always eat Thai.

Also the bread shop in Big C doesn't bake/sell bread till after midday. I was in there just after 10 and asked, they didn't even have the ovens on. Although their bread is quite nice not worth waiting that long for.

Parking at same ok before 11am, imposable after that you have been warned.

H/M.

Fred.

Bill, if you fancy a change from the shopping mall franchise gaffs there are a few options.

Carry on along Sawanvittee past Big C, at the next lights (Aramis Hotel) turn left and a minute or two down on the left is Bigg Steak. Or, going down to the end of the soi (Aprils Brasserie on the left) turn right and a dog leg or two further along is V Steak. This is possibly the better of the two but for both the pork and chicken are better bets than the beef.

Back on Sawanvittee further along at the Vitteethep Hotel and department store is the now notorious car park containing Bella Coffee.

There is also BurgerLab on Matulee Soi 13 near the SriSawan Hospital. Excellent gear, too good to be called burgers and not a lot of money. Not licensed if you were fancying a beer.

Have a safe trip anyway.

• Like 1

Bill, if you fancy a change from the shopping mall franchise gaffs there are a few options.

Carry on along Sawanvittee past Big C, at the next lights (Aramis Hotel) turn left and a minute or two down on the left is Bigg Steak. Or, going down to the end of the soi (Aprils Brasserie on the left) turn right and a dog leg or two further along is V Steak. This is possibly the better of the two but for both the pork and chicken are better bets than the beef.

Back on Sawanvittee further along at the Vitteethep Hotel and department store is the now notorious car park containing Bella Coffee.

There is also BurgerLab on Matulee Soi 13 near the SriSawan Hospital. Excellent gear, too good to be called burgers and not a lot of money. Not licensed if you were fancying a beer.

Have a safe trip anyway.

Thanks Rott

I have been in Bella Coffee which wasn't too bad.

I must take my GPS with me on Friday as it helps at some of the small sois around there.

Hey Fred, why did you have to come all the way to our heavenly city to have your "Life Certificate" verified? (or is it cos you love to visit our fare city)

I just pop down to my local bank branch and get the Customer Services Manager to stick her moniker on it along with the bank stamp and it's always free gratuitous.

Next time try it my friend!!!

Hey Fred, why did you have to come all the way to our heavenly city to have your "Life Certificate" verified? (or is it cos you love to visit our fare city)

I just pop down to my local bank branch and get the Customer Services Manager to stick her moniker on it along with the bank stamp and it's always free gratuitous.

Next time try it my friend!!!

Your lucky to get a reply as said before I don't look/post much on TV anymore.

But having received an Etex upper class email from a chum telling me I was mentioned in dispatches in same it was time to see what was going on. I might in future have look more often.

Must admit that I never thought of going to the bank thanks for that D/B.

The letter I received from the pension peeps gave me 8 weeks to reply problem was that it had taken 4 week to get here. So all a bit of a rush to get it sorted and sent back.

Right regards FARE City N/S. Must admit it has picked up a bit, that's if you don't count the new bridge going south, Went over it a few weeks ago after it had just rained the north side was awash with water they have left a big dip in same, as luck would have it the 4x4 Limo/Tank managed the floods ok but it must be a trite inconvenient in a normal car as it would have been over the bonnet/hood. Well done the local N/S planners repair peeps.

Didn't mention it before but whilst I was in Big C as the G/L was shopping, H/M decided to have a coffee to-wit latte used the one on the corner next to the bread place.

Remarks don't bother as it was as pore weak as the local roads, added to that it was well over the top price wise 45bt I ask you 45bt for rubbish. I pay 35bt here including a pot of hot tea? + a couple of biscuits and it's great. Must admit though that I did get a small glass of hot water in B/C thought at first it was the coffee there wasn't to much of a difference taste or look wise. But I suppose only to be expected in a so called FARE city that's trying to upgrade it's self class wise. Sorry to say over pricing is not the way to go.

N/B the G/L didn't buy anything she said it was to supensive. Thank you Buddha.

H/M.

Fred.