Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been to Nakhon Sawan since last year.

Now the new Immigration office is open in Khamapeng Phet (if it stays in the same place for more than a couple of months) I don't NEED to go there anymore.

There is a great coffee shop in KPP just down the road and across the traffic lights from Makro and down at the bottom near the junction of the Phitsanulok road by the traffic lights there is a new mall being built whose mainstay seems to be Robinsons from the sign outside.

KPP is going up market so we can soon look down at the "poor peasants' who are forced to live in Nakhon Sawan.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah why mention Nacker Swan horrid place but you do get em that like it.  :sick:

Two points

(1) "why mention Nacker Swan", well er possibly brcause this thread is headed "Nakhon Sawan News".

(2) "horrid place"......"horrid", I thought that was only used in Enid Blyton books and the like.

Still, congratulations on the post count anyway.

23 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I haven't been to Nakhon Sawan since last year.

Now the new Immigration office is open in Khamapeng Phet (if it stays in the same place for more than a couple of months) I don't NEED to go there anymore.

There is a great coffee shop in KPP just down the road and across the traffic lights from Makro and down at the bottom near the junction of the Phitsanulok road by the traffic lights there is a new mall being built whose mainstay seems to be Robinsons from the sign outside.

KPP is going up market so we can soon look down at the "poor peasants' who are forced to live in Nakhon Sawan.

One day I will br able to afford the bus fare there and go for a meal and a drink at the famous Oasis. Must stay overnight and go see this new mall, not every day you can see a shopping mall in Thailand.!! 

Is the Oasis serving drink tonight?? I went to my local thai place earlier for a few Leo and some foreign muck, but no beer being served. 7Eleven the same. Thought it was tomorrow and Monday. Is there no end to these indignities.

Might have to venture there next week as I mailed and they received my 90 day 0n the 20th of last month and the new slip hasn't come yet..  If I do go, it'll be early in the AM.  Macro opens at 0600 so I'll do a restock and then on to immigration and be there when trey open.  Down the back way past the prison so that I can wave to relatives and back out under the bridge never having to even get to the first traffic light at the clock tower.

As far a beer here, business as usual at the Ma and Pa shops, even the one 25 meters from the police station.  The only place not selling it is 7-11 and I'm not sure about the outdoor restaurants as I don't frequent them.  Not really worried since the last beer that I had was on 31 December last year.   Not that I've stopped drinking it's just that when I crave one there's non in the fridge and I'm too lazy to venture the 250 meter jaunt to get some. 

Stayed at the Paradiso Hotel last week.Nice enough For upcountry Hotels without an Airport .Sukhothai and Phitsanulok have nicer Hotels.KPP whet My Wife visits a Big Wat still stinks of rotten eggs,but I blat down to a Big Park , no pong there and find Mr Leo.[emoji481]. Both places are much improved, but I'm ready to go back to Krabi , being bit Krabi myself, and miss the Sea n Silence. [emoji473]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

12 hours ago, rott said:

Two points

(1) "why mention Nacker Swan", well er possibly brcause this thread is headed "Nakhon Sawan News".

(2) "horrid place"......"horrid", I thought that was only used in Enid Blyton books and the like.

Still, congratulations on the post count anyway.

:shock1:  Only a dig,  Oh another post thanks  :laugh:

Didn't mean to offend l'm someone that don't cities that's all. 

13 hours ago, rott said:

One day I will br able to afford the bus fare there and go for a meal and a drink at the famous Oasis. Must stay overnight and go see this new mall, not every day you can see a shopping mall in Thailand.!! 

Is the Oasis serving drink tonight?? I went to my local thai place earlier for a few Leo and some foreign muck, but no beer being served. 7Eleven the same. Thought it was tomorrow and Monday. Is there no end to these indignities.

TBH I have no idea if Mike's Oasis is open as I only make the trek to KPP once a month. I know that he is usually closed on a Monday for his day off. The Oasis is on the route 1 past KPP and you turn left just before Global house and up the road for about 1km and it is on the left.

Sorry, but I don't think he runs a free bus service so if you get off at KPP bus station it is only a 2 or 3 km walk but I believe there are baht buses and motorcycle taxis you can hire.

If you email or PM Fredob43 he may possibly take you there and back in his new tank. He does not work for Uber but charges a lot more.

He does good western food, German food, pizzas and Thai food, the normal bottled beer and German bier too. This may be because he is German and a damn good cook.

You will have plenty of time to save up the bus fare (don't forget your passport and visa for KPP though) as they are still building the foundations at the moment.

BigC closed off most of their sheltered car park and are busy converting the area into extra shops and rebuilding upstairs too. I suppose that they believe that they will keep their customers when Robinson finally opens.

13 hours ago, rott said:

Mikes restaurant Oasis will be selling beer, does so 24/7 that's when he's open of cause. Also only sells Farang food not a grain of rice available. Does have noodles but only with Goulash, rest are with veg & spuds of some description.

All the other restaurants will also sell beer, but they wont put it on the bill you have to pay cash upfront.

N/B Mikes doesn't open Saturday now, rest of the week open 11am till late 10pm+ 

H/M will be there tonight for a tad of food + the usual pint's.

Rott new Robinson or should that be Lobinson will be open in a few months. Cross roads of the 115/112. They have taken over the old Nissan/Honda garage. Their moving across the road. 

I did see that Honda has a new driving center for M/C also the same place. Ideal for Build to have a practice.

Reason for lack of posts is that TV seems to only have Rude/Idiots posting now. So most knowledgeable peeps are leaving well alone. Buy the way it's going soon it'll be like Yahoo down the river.

H/M K.P.P

Fred to locals.

Seems like years since I have used that format. More than likely will be years before I will use it again.

8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Mikes restaurant Oasis will be selling beer, does so 24/7 that's when he's open of cause. Also only sells Farang food not a grain of rice available. Does have noodles but only with Goulash, rest are with veg & spuds of some description.

All the other restaurants will also sell beer, but they wont put it on the bill you have to pay cash upfront.

N/B Mikes doesn't open Saturday now, rest of the week open 11am till late 10pm+ 

H/M will be there tonight for a tad of food + the usual pint's.

Rott new Robinson or should that be Lobinson will be open in a few months. Cross roads of the 115/112. They have taken over the old Nissan/Honda garage. Their moving across the road. 

I did see that Honda has a new driving center for M/C also the same place. Ideal for Build to have a practice.

Reason for lack of posts is that TV seems to only have Rude/Idiots posting now. So most knowledgeable peeps are leaving well alone. Buy the way it's going soon it'll be like Yahoo down the river.

H/M K.P.P

Fred to locals.

Seems like years since I have used that format. More than likely will be years before I will use it again.

Good to see you on here Fred I had been wondering if you still came on TVF. Good to see all the regulars come to that. Saturday is an unusual closing day. What is the most convenient hotel to the Oasis?

Regards to all.

2 hours ago, rott said:

Good to see you on here Fred I had been wondering if you still came on TVF. Good to see all the regulars come to that. Saturday is an unusual closing day. What is the most convenient hotel to the Oasis?

Regards to all.

I haven't stayed in any hotels here as I only live 65 km away but you may find this link of interest.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g775407-Kamphaeng_Phet_Kamphaeng_Phet_Province-Hotels.html

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, rott said:

Regards to all.

Replying as I was informed had been mentioned in dispatches.

Right hotels if you have transport you can stay almost anywhere. Would suggest the Fig Boutique hotel around 700bt a night. What the food 'Breakfast' is like don't know, have PM a chum who stayed last week awaiting a reply.

Mikes place should be given a miss for the next 4+ weeks, is having work done and until it's finished there is a lack of seating.

I went on Sunday night and it was full with peeps waiting. Took one look and went home.

Ended up with a cheese omelette, not quite the thing H/M envisaged when I left home.

Was there again last night indulged in one of his fab Aus: beef cheese burgers (Not on the menu) one has to be in the know. Well worth a try anyway. You just have to ask one of the very "SLIM" (jest for today) ladies that work there. Most speak some sort of English.

Snap of some of the work being done. New Sky bar with seating under, once it's finished. Should be good if you don't suffer from vertigo.

H/M will give it a miss don't do climbing stairs.

By the way Bill what's all this my taxi service is a tad pricy??? How I would like to enquire is 500bt for 1km pricy. You do get door to door service. With the 30% tip being optional.

Forgot to mention Saturday closing. He used to close Mondays. So did all the other restaurants. Has now decided that Sat was a good option as it's the only place to eat on Monday if you wanted western food. Also his kids have the day off school, so all the family can go out

H/M K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

IMGP0030.JPG

Update on Fig hotel.

750 a night good value for the monies. Breakfast is Thai cooked by the Lady owner.

Supposed to be very nice if you like Thai breakfast.

Can also highly recommend the Mango Resort at 1.700bt? a night. Very nice but very expensive they do do an English breakfast.

Bloody lot of cash just for some western grub though.

H/M is more used to 40bt from any of the local Thai places.

Off now as have to get new No: plates for the Limo. Only hope that the new No: is a lucky one. Can see the G/L popping off to the local Lotto seller. Funny lot these Thai's.

H/M K.P.P.

Fred to the locals.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I should think you would need to charge 500 baht/km the way that tank drinks fuel.

You just have to be careful not to be caught as an Uber taxi and surrounded by all the taxis in KPP.

Taxis in K.P.Phet are you sure. About the only thing that takes you anywhere are those 3 legged things.

For your info my new Tank does very well on fuel. Just did a trip to Phetabun over the mountains via Lom Sak and it returned 13.47km to the lt. A tad better than the old tank that used to do around 7/8 km = 1lt. Hence the reason I have reduced my prices. Well have dropped the 40% to 30% tip monies. If that counts.

You should have bought the hybrid version with the twin pedal option and if you had the wife and daughter pedaling at the same time you might have got 15km to the liter!

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, wayned said:

You should have bought the hybrid version with the twin pedal option and if you had the wife and daughter pedaling at the same time you might have got 15km to the liter!

You should know H/M by now. Take the Wife with me not on your life. She has an old M/C and a bike that will do nicely for a Thai lady. Never spoil them Is what H/M says.

I think I should get around 15+km = Lt if I didn't have to go through those bloody mountains.

Yes they have improved the width of the road now, but those hills go on for about 45km, and seem to take forever to get through them.

Decent grub obtainable at the top though. Big plate of Moo Dang, rice, those Chinese sausages + Coke 50bt must say Delish.

H/M K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

Since I hadn't yet received my 90 day receipt for the report that was  mailed and received by immigration on the 20th of June, I traveled the 110 kilometers to get one.  I also visited Makro for a periodic restock.  I came from the southeast past the railway station and was at Makro at 0710.  It was pleasant shopping as it was basically empty and on checkout I had somehow managed to get 7200 baht with of goods that fit into one Makro bag!.  I got to Immigration at 0840 and explained my problem to the lady that does the extensions.  She checked and it had been processed but evidently had been lost in the mail.  I got a new one with the next report date within 30 days of my extension date so I can do both at the same time.  I was out by 0855 and on my way home without ever having to put up with the traffic light at the Big C intersection.

3 hours ago, wayned said:

Since I hadn't yet received my 90 day receipt for the report that was  mailed and received by immigration on the 20th of June, I traveled the 110 kilometers to get one.  I also visited Makro for a periodic restock.  I came from the southeast past the railway station and was at Makro at 0710.  It was pleasant shopping as it was basically empty and on checkout I had somehow managed to get 7200 baht with of goods that fit into one Makro bag!.  I got to Immigration at 0840 and explained my problem to the lady that does the extensions.  She checked and it had been processed but evidently had been lost in the mail.  I got a new one with the next report date within 30 days of my extension date so I can do both at the same time.  I was out by 0855 and on my way home without ever having to put up with the traffic light at the Big C intersection.

Wayne your lucky to have a good Visa office.

Although we now have our own its at best rubbish. Do everything by the book, and want to know the in's and out's of a Ducks Butt.

Took me nearly 2 hours to get a 90 day report done, and renew my 1 year visa the other day.

The top man is a real plonker the G/L and I asked for a TM7 form, his reply we have to apply to the British embassy for that. There told you he was a plonker. 

At least it saves us from having to go the 250km to N/S.

H/M. K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Wayne your lucky to have a good Visa office.

Although we now have our own its at best rubbish. Do everything by the book, and want to know the in's and out's of a Ducks Butt.

Took me nearly 2 hours to get a 90 day report done, and renew my 1 year visa the other day.

The top man is a real plonker the G/L and I asked for a TM7 form, his reply we have to apply to the British embassy for that. There told you he was a plonker. 

At least it saves us from having to go the 250km to N/S.

H/M. K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

I am going to do my 90 day report next week and my extension in mid August.

I screwed up my 90 day reports by going on time instead of 3 or 4 days later so that I could also do the extension at the same time.

I will let you know how I get on.

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am going to do my 90 day report next week and my extension in mid August.

I screwed up my 90 day reports by going on time instead of 3 or 4 days later so that I could also do the extension at the same time.

I will let you know how I get on.

You can do your 1 year retirement extension 40 days in advance now. Should be able to do both at the same time. You don't loose anything, they will give you a 1 year + 1 month visa if you do that. Allow plenty of time. Don't forget they close 12. to 1.pm. For lunch.

H/M K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

Unfortunately NS immigration still adheres to the old 30 day in advance policy for extensions.  I confirmed it with the IO when I was there yesterday. She also confirmed that they now accept income affidavits up to 6 months old,  They would only accept ones less than 30 days old for a long time after the policy changed but have now got on the band wagon.

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

You can do your 1 year retirement extension 40 days in advance now. Should be able to do both at the same time. You don't loose anything, they will give you a 1 year + 1 month visa if you do that. Allow plenty of time. Don't forget they close 12. to 1.pm. For lunch.

H/M K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

Next year maybe but this year the fault was mine.

The Embassy want me to pay for the letter using a debit Visa card but as I dont have a UK bank account they will have to take it from my Thai bank using that debit card. The problem is that they don't know if they can or not and they won't until they try.

I sent my stuff by EMS and it was signed for on Friday afternoon which meand that they should process it on Monday or Tuesday. so after lunch on Tiesday I will call them to find out if they have a problem or not.

Just did a trip to Mae Sot.  Extensive and impressive roadworks through the mountains which combined with the rainy season weather makes it more demanding than it should be.

We were held up for 30 minutes whilst they were blasting a rock face or two and then driving in low cloud with poor visibility, light rain and a slippery mix of surfaced and unsurfaced roads of varying widths.   

With the usual Thai creativity in interpreting the road rules and signage,  heavy trucks at walking pace up the hills and only slightly faster going down in low gear it meant you really had to pay attention,especially when overtaking .

The road should be good when it is finished and it looks like it will further enhance growth around the Mae Sot/Burma area.

I did my 90 day report on Thursday and it took 15 minutes because the two people were busy.

Other than that there was no problems with Immigration at KPP.

I have to go back next month to get a retirement visa extension due in part by not doing 92 or 93 day reporting and in part to the British embassy saying that the accept debit cards backed by VISA but not accepting my Kasikorn Bank debit card which IS backed by VISA.

I posted my paperwork by EMS on Thursday 13 July and they called me just before lunch on Tuesday 18 July to explain the problem and that I can pay by bank draft. I asked them to email me on what they require in both English an Thai. I took that to the bank along with my wife to translate if needed and they issued the bank draft.

I sent that off by EMS before lunch on Wednesday and it was signed for on Thursday afternoon.

1.   I can no longer visit the embassy to deal with it.

2.   The embassy will no longer accept a postal draft for the 2,400 thb.

3.   They did not accept my KBank debit card.

In the end I had to send a bank draft.

18 hours ago, Chilon said:

Just did a trip to Mae Sot.  Extensive and impressive roadworks through the mountains which combined with the rainy season weather makes it more demanding than it should be.

We were held up for 30 minutes whilst they were blasting a rock face or two and then driving in low cloud with poor visibility, light rain and a slippery mix of surfaced and unsurfaced roads of varying widths.   

With the usual Thai creativity in interpreting the road rules and signage,  heavy trucks at walking pace up the hills and only slightly faster going down in low gear it meant you really had to pay attention,especially when overtaking .

The road should be good when it is finished and it looks like it will further enhance growth around the Mae Sot/Burma area.

Did know that you were going to Mai Sot. Sorry forgot to tell you the road was under construction been like that for years. Now you know firsthand what it's like.

If your there for a bit you might like to take a trip into Burma. Turn right at the last T/light before you get to the bridge travel about 1.5km and there's a boat that'll take you across the river you can visit the Casino and the duty free shop.

Have a safe trip to up to Chang Mai. road there I fine.

Will call you on your return for an meal out.

Fred. 

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I did my 90 day report on Thursday and it took 15 minutes because the two people were busy.

Other than that there was no problems with Immigration at KPP.

I have to go back next month to get a retirement visa extension due in part by not doing 92 or 93 day reporting and in part to the British embassy saying that the accept debit cards backed by VISA but not accepting my Kasikorn Bank debit card which IS backed by VISA.

I posted my paperwork by EMS on Thursday 13 July and they called me just before lunch on Tuesday 18 July to explain the problem and that I can pay by bank draft. I asked them to email me on what they require in both English an Thai. I took that to the bank along with my wife to translate if needed and they issued the bank draft.

I sent that off by EMS before lunch on Wednesday and it was signed for on Thursday afternoon.

1.   I can no longer visit the embassy to deal with it.

2.   The embassy will no longer accept a postal draft for the 2,400 thb.

3.   They did not accept my KBank debit card.

In the end I had to send a bank draft.

Sorry to hear of your problems. But that's what you get if you have to deal with the most unhelpful Embassy in the world. About time they closed it down. Sell off the land, that should put pay to the money problems the UK has.

As most of us here are in the senior situation and may have recourse at some time in the future to use a local hospital I thought I bring to your attention a couple of points that have recently come to my attention.

Firstly there is a new small hospital being built along the riverside west of the main bridge by about 400 yards, I think it is a private one and is well on the way to completion, well the building is anyway but would not expect it to be and running until early next year.

Secondly is about the main private hospital near Sawan Park, Srisawan.

A friend of mine had to be rushed in there a few days ago, he was put in intensive care but bad luck for him he got a doctor who could not speak English and was put on oxygen so he could not speak, he right hand was tied to the side of the bed, so it was difficult for him to write any communication, not a very good picture is it, but, as they used to say in the old Batman Tv series, the worst is yet to come! 

If anyone needs to use this hospital you need to be aware how much things cost, he was being billed 280$ a night, his friend in the US who monitors his finances told me  so make sure you have the funds or find an alternative. Its a fine looking hospital but it aint cheap.

3 hours ago, nong38 said:

As most of us here are in the senior situation and may have recourse at some time in the future to use a local hospital I thought I bring to your attention a couple of points that have recently come to my attention.

Firstly there is a new small hospital being built along the riverside west of the main bridge by about 400 yards, I think it is a private one and is well on the way to completion, well the building is anyway but would not expect it to be and running until early next year.

Secondly is about the main private hospital near Sawan Park, Srisawan.

A friend of mine had to be rushed in there a few days ago, he was put in intensive care but bad luck for him he got a doctor who could not speak English and was put on oxygen so he could not speak, he right hand was tied to the side of the bed, so it was difficult for him to write any communication, not a very good picture is it, but, as they used to say in the old Batman Tv series, the worst is yet to come! 

If anyone needs to use this hospital you need to be aware how much things cost, he was being billed 280$ a night, his friend in the US who monitors his finances told me  so make sure you have the funds or find an alternative. Its a fine looking hospital but it aint cheap.

Just had my annual check up at Pitsanuvej private hospital Phitso.

Gave me a real sort out ex rays, blood tests, running on the tread mill, for what seemed like hours. Full cardiograph print out.

Took about 4 hours for the full monti. Total cost a short 9.000bt they speak good English. But didn't get any monies for in my case Blue Blood. Or a cupper come to that. But did get a free coffee.

They also asked if I wanted to be pushed about in a wheel chair. Declined that bit. Should have taken them up though, as after the running bit was a tad knackered. 

End result am still alive so good value.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

17 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Just had my annual check up at Pitsanuvej private hospital Phitso.

Gave me a real sort out ex rays, blood tests, running on the tread mill, for what seemed like hours. Full cardiograph print out.

Took about 4 hours for the full monti. Total cost a short 9.000bt they speak good English. But didn't get any monies for in my case Blue Blood. Or a cupper come to that. But did get a free coffee.

They also asked if I wanted to be pushed about in a wheel chair. Declined that bit. Should have taken them up though, as after the running bit was a tad knackered. 

End result am still alive so good value.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

Just had similar but without the running machine part.

Blood test

Urine test

Cardiogram

Chest X-ray

Ultra sound of abdomen.

Physical exam .

2000 baht.

Archived