Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

THe Chingford cheapskate eh!

We have a market here too and soon a bigger one for the dragon boat racing.

23rd August we had the traditional ceremony here so the place was abuzz with local dignitaries, the lady was very happy all day, true super stars now.

When I come down from the mountains and head sout east I mix with people like Dave where I get free tea or coffee and if I head north west I mix with people like Fred who charges for tea (and saves the tea bag to charge me next time as well) and Paul who doesn't AND gives me free biscuits.

Mind to be fair Fred does a good line in egg and cress and also cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and he ALWAYS saves the crusts for me, sometimes for months at a time.

What is a poor man like me supposed to do?

There's nout free in this world Bill, free tea coffee in N/S A !!! if H/M remember's correctly the last time you visited Dave you ended up paying for all the food at his local restaurant . I rest my case.

As I have pointed out before Paul has to give his bit's away because no one in their right mind would pay for it, and I don't save the tea bag's although I would do so if I could why's that I hear peep's ask well Paul go's down my used teabag pot there the one's you get when you pop round to his place, as regard's to the crust's they have never been month's old week's maybe but not month's. Tip if you dunk the crust's in the yes I know expencive tea they soften up quite quickly and will be delish.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Sorry that I missed your post Fred but I have taken up the Egyptian Army PT lessons in the afternoons lately.

23rd August we had the traditional ceremony here so the place was abuzz with local dignitaries, the lady was very happy all day, true super stars now.

Reply to both.

Chingford cheapskate indeed, Welcome back Dave, had the Dragon boat racing last weekend a rip roaring success by all account's well that's except for pore old OLDGIT as he got cought in a storm on Sunday, did H/M go ??? well no as he watched it on local TV (Cable don't you know) as I have said before H/M doesn't mix with the lower class and there were lot's there from all over the place, I have been informed that some peep's from N/S had tried to move in some were even spotted trying to camp out in make shift tent's if you don't mind under one of the bridge's, rum pore show if you ask me the thing's peep's get up to if you let them come in for the day without a visa, note to self must bring that up at the next K.P.P meeting.

All over by the shouting now, H/M noticed today that they were pulling down the stall's along the river bank, about time to as they had coursed a bit of a tail back on some of our normally quiet Soi's.

Bill,

Paul your Mr free tea man I think will have to raise his price's that's because his all sing all dancing Honda is no more seem's the engine at one time has been run without oil or just lack of servicing, 'normal Thai style' well it's given up the ghost and is now stripped down in Honda's awaiting new part's to-wit piston, cam shaft, valves, small/big end, rocker's, ect you name it it's buggered cost wait for it is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK 18,000bt but the good bit is he will get a 10% discount on part's, oh and 6 month's guarantee, Dont you just love the second hand market here.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

For that price you would almost manage to afford an oil change in the cold country.

On that subject my Fortuner full service cost me £30 or 1,450bt here. My friend's Kia EEEEK cost him just under £300 or over 14.000bt in England so your not far orrrf.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Reply to both.

Chingford cheapskate indeed, Welcome back Dave, had the Dragon boat racing last weekend a rip roaring success by all account's well that's except for pore old OLDGIT as he got cought in a storm on Sunday, did H/M go ??? well no as he watched it on local TV (Cable don't you know) as I have said before H/M doesn't mix with the lower class and there were lot's there from all over the place, I have been informed that some peep's from N/S had tried to move in some were even spotted trying to camp out in make shift tent's if you don't mind under one of the bridge's, rum pore show if you ask me the thing's peep's get up to if you let them come in for the day without a visa, note to self must bring that up at the next K.P.P meeting.

All over by the shouting now, H/M noticed today that they were pulling down the stall's along the river bank, about time to as they had coursed a bit of a tail back on some of our normally quiet Soi's.

Bill,

Paul your Mr free tea man I think will have to raise his price's that's because his all sing all dancing Honda is no more seem's the engine at one time has been run without oil or just lack of servicing, 'normal Thai style' well it's given up the ghost and is now stripped down in Honda's awaiting new part's to-wit piston, cam shaft, valves, small/big end, rocker's, ect you name it it's buggered cost wait for it is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK 18,000bt but the good bit is he will get a 10% discount on part's, oh and 6 month's guarantee, Dont you just love the second hand market here.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

Well I am the 4th owner of my Phantom, all farangs when I bought it 3 years ago.

Regularly serviced at Honda dealers.

I got it with 5,5xx km on the clock at years old in in the 3 years I have had it I put on 36,xxx km.

It has taken me whereever I wanted to go, even BKK and back in the same day once, and the only problem I have with it is that there is no warp factor attachment for it.

I got T-boned in N/S last year and I could still ride it home though slowly and painfully and 9,xxx baht put it back on the road as good as new.

Paul was just unlucky I think.

Think how much it would cost for your engine if it was like that.

Reply to both.

Bill,

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

Well I am the 4th owner of my Phantom, all farangs when I bought it 3 years ago.

I got it with 5,5xx km on the clock at years old in in the 3 years I have had it I put on 36,xxx km.

It has taken me whereever I wanted to go, even BKK and back in the same day once, and the only problem I have with it is that there is no warp factor attachment for it.

I got T-boned in N/S last year and I could still ride it home though slowly and painfully and 9,xxx baht put it back on the road as good as new.

Bill, I take my hat off to you for managing a return to BKK in one day, surely a feat which rivals Shackleton and Scott at their best. My Phantom is patiently waiting for me to get as far as the National Park you live near, but I never have time. Once I drive the 25kms to Klong Lan, I am buggered and need to turn round

Reply to both.

Bill,

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

You hit the nail on the head when you said all farang's were the previous owner's they service them 'normaly' Paul's honda had had all Thai owner's prior to him hence the problem's no service history as I have said before Thai never service there vehicles well only the first time because that's free.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

Its good that normal service has been restored to Nakhon Sawan, now that the hero has returned with his gold medals, for living in the UK for over 3 months, welcome home.

In a few week's H/M will be returning to the UK but not as long a Dave/Nong just a matter of week's, do you think that I will receive a medal or several on my return. Yes Yes H/M know's he will be missed so no need to go down that road. Update on Paul Bill the price has gone up on his Honda small problem now with the gear box so nearer 20,000bt.

H/M. K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Its good that normal service has been restored to Nakhon Sawan, now that the hero has returned with his gold medals, for living in the UK for over 3 months, welcome home.

In a few week's H/M will be returning to the UK but not as long a Dave/Nong just a matter of week's, do you think that I will receive a medal or several on my return. Yes Yes H/M know's he will be missed so no need to go down that road. Update on Paul Bill the price has gone up on his Honda small problem now with the gear box so nearer 20,000bt.

H/M. K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

There is a good chance you might be refused entry, not many true brits work for HM govt these days and as for medal, I would try in the sweetie shop, they were doing fake gold medals, it of course be molten by the time you get back! In the meantime have some good bevies whilst you can, enjoy the infrastructure, bacon sandwiches, real chips, steaks.............its all a distant memory now, but you have to go back to know when and where you are well off. Edited by nong38

H/M. K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

There is a good chance you might be refused entry, not many true brits work for HM govt these days and as for medal, I would try in the sweetie shop, they were doing fake gold medals, it of course be molten by the time you get back! In the meantime have some good bevies whilst you can, enjoy the infrastructure, bacon sandwiches, real chips, steaks.............its all a distant memory now, but you have to go back to know when and where you are well off.

Don't worry Dave H/M has been swatting up to become conversent in English and not doing to bad, have used the new Indian version that's because the last time H/M arrived at Heathrow terminal 3 I thought I had got on the wrong plane and arrived in Calcutta, this time H/M should be Ok. But any tip's wouldn't go amiss.

As far as the medal's go yes have seen them in my local sweety shop would you like me to bring some back for you oh and exeter can't leave him out now can we.

I can get good steak bacon in Makro and my chip's are always home made.

Re the infrastructure they haven't put up yet more mosques have they, it wouldn't surprise me as there must be lot's of spare land lying about with all the pub's that have been closing down. H/M will of course be giving full detail's on his return. I wont have as much time as you Dave, hopefuly will only be there for a matter of week's that's with a bit of luck. In the mean time you will have to put up with H.M side kick's. Not orrrf yet another you'll be pleased to hear couple of week's to go. Am I looking forward to it well you tell me, but it is playing on my mind some what.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Reply to both.

Bill,

H/M K.P.P.

W/H CITY.

Bill, I take my hat off to you for managing a return to BKK in one day, surely a feat which rivals Shackleton and Scott at their best. My Phantom is patiently waiting for me to get as far as the National Park you live near, but I never have time. Once I drive the 25kms to Klong Lan, I am buggered and need to turn round

I left home as the sun was coming up and got home in the dark.

The last bit up from N/S was the worst as I ran through very heavy rain and thunderstorms.

For the next couple of days I walked like a cowboy with no horse.

H/M. K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

There is a good chance you might be refused entry, not many true brits work for HM govt these days and as for medal, I would try in the sweetie shop, they were doing fake gold medals, it of course be molten by the time you get back! In the meantime have some good bevies whilst you can, enjoy the infrastructure, bacon sandwiches, real chips, steaks.............its all a distant memory now, but you have to go back to know when and where you are well off.

Don't worry Dave H/M has been swatting up to become conversent in English and not doing to bad, have used the new Indian version that's because the last time H/M arrived at Heathrow terminal 3 I thought I had got on the wrong plane and arrived in Calcutta, this time H/M should be Ok. But any tip's wouldn't go amiss.

As far as the medal's go yes have seen them in my local sweety shop would you like me to bring some back for you oh and exeter can't leave him out now can we.

Re the infrastructure they haven't put up yet more mosques have they, it wouldn't surprise me as there must be lot's of spare land lying about with all the pub's that have been closing down. H/M will of course be giving full detail's on his return. I wont have as much time as you Dave, hopefuly will only be there for a matter of week's that's with a bit of luck. In the mean time you will have to put up with H.M side kick's. Not orrrf yet another you'll be pleased to hear couple of week's to go. Am I looking forward to it well you tell me, but it is playing on my mind some what.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

The two magic words you need spoken in your best Peter Sellars accent are

"National Assistance".

Local football, D2. After weekends poor result, Nan FC - Nakhon Sawan FC 1-0, looks like we do not make it to the relegation playoffs. 4th place in table, 5 points to 3th and 3 games to play.

But Paknampho NSRU will make it, they are 2nd place now behind Chiang Mai. So season in Nakhon Sawan will not end this month, wish all the best to NSRU to D1 relegation matches.

557360_465222000168850_1391744541_n.jpg

I brought back with me the BBC1 series of "EMPIRE" just finished episode 3 today, for anyone who is into motorbikes there was a bit in there about Royal Enfield Bullits in India, see Jeremy Paxman ride round the field! The local are called the Royal Riders and 35 of the 70 turned up. Excellent series, learnt a lot I did not know, 2 more episodes to go!

I brought back with me the BBC1 series of "EMPIRE" just finished episode 3 today, for anyone who is into motorbikes there was a bit in there about Royal Enfield Bullits in India, see Jeremy Paxman ride round the field! The local are called the Royal Riders and 35 of the 70 turned up. Excellent series, learnt a lot I did not know, 2 more episodes to go!

David

There are so many things in the world I don't know and waking every day and just being alive means even if I only learn 1 new thing I am better in myself.

David

There are so many things in the world I don't know and waking every day and just being alive means even if I only learn 1 new thing I am better in myself.

Bill, you are so right and today I am drinking a chang and sprite shandy, I shall call it a Thai shandy, is my room ready yet? Edited by exeter

David

Bill, you are so right and today I am drinking a chang and sprite shandy, I shall call it a Thai shandy, is my room ready yet?

Of course. Are you fit enough to tackle 14 rai of farmland yet?

Bill I am pleased the room is ready, however, under the trems of my visa and not able to work paid or unpaid! I can tell ripping yarns round a camp fire, the more drinks the better they get.

After the last 3 days of rain you may need wellie boots, a mud plugging kit and maybe a snorkel would be handy too.

Don't worry too much about your visa or working as slavery is acceptable up here.

The campfire won't start as all the wood in my burn pile is so wet but if you do want to wander up for a glass or two, a ham sandwich of real homemade ham and home made bread you are welcome.

H/M. K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

H/M K.P.P.

W.H.CITY.

Oi King Caractacus.

Is your palatial gaff open for teas next Tuesday 11th as I will be sweeping down from the mountains for a bit of rape and pillage between BigC and Makro bulk shopping?

Last time I was in Fred's fortress and capital city, about 10 days ago, the river was looking rather puny. Shallow with lots of sandbanks visible. I believe that there has been a surfeit of precipitation since then. Have the river levels gone up appreciably in that time? Can you please send one of your footmen out for a look?

Last time I was in Fred's fortress and capital city, about 10 days ago, the river was looking rather puny. Shallow with lots of sandbanks visible. I believe that there has been a surfeit of precipitation since then. Have the river levels gone up appreciably in that time? Can you please send one of your footmen out for a look?

For the lower class's Surfeit of precipitation mean's lot's of rain. Candid as requested have sent out several of my footmen they are Thai and as you know if you ask a Thai you will always get a different answer to the same question, so it had to be several, they have just arrived back, and the prognosis seem's to be this is via my butler who in not Thai so a fair chance or getting it right is the river Ping is up by at least 1mt and now in full flow. I feel really sorry for the peep's in N/Smog as they have several river's that join there they could be in some trouble in a day or two.

H/M K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

Thanks Fred. Last time we had friends up from Pattaya, they had decided that they just had to see how the Falang Hi So people lived in the Kaempheng Phet area. I had previously described the area as like an English Shire county, Rutland-ish, or perhaps a bit like the Melton Mowbray area where the countryside hoi polloi types live. Anyway, I took them for lunch at one of the riverside restaurants and was most displeased to find that the water was well back from the structure. All my tales of dropping rice into the feeding frenzy of fish appeared to be exposed as base lies. However, back in 2 weeks so will take a video on my new Smartphone and send it to them. btw. Are we allowed to use Smartphones in the KPP area or do I need a royal warrant?

Thanks Fred. Last time we had friends up from Pattaya, they had decided that they just had to see how the Falang Hi So people lived in the Kaempheng Phet area. I had previously described the area as like an English Shire county, Rutland-ish, or perhaps a bit like the Melton Mowbray area where the countryside hoi polloi types live. Anyway, I took them for lunch at one of the riverside restaurants and was most displeased to find that the water was well back from the structure. All my tales of dropping rice into the feeding frenzy of fish appeared to be exposed as base lies. However, back in 2 weeks so will take a video on my new Smartphone and send it to them. btw. Are we allowed to use Smartphones in the KPP area or do I need a royal warrant?

Rutland water great trout used to go fly fishing there some time back.

I have a daughter who live's not to far from Melton had a pork pie there last year and I was like you a bit displeased.

I see no reason why smart phone's cant be used but please not near H/M mansion's as the guard dog's have been trained to sniff them out, and you could be in real trouble.

I don't know what riverside restaurant you went to but there is one with a boat not town side and it always has water round it, I can assure you all's ok now water wise.

Rice you feed them with rice think of the starving peep's in N/S or Pattaya come to that, all the restaurant's sell for I think 10bt a big bag of dried bread and cake, it's the stuff I give to Bill when he call's round a quick dunk in his tea and he's away, that'll teach him for all the raping and pillaging he dose while he's in town. H.M has never tried it but Bill say's it's delish.

H/M is orrrf next weekend to BKK then Blighty not to sure when I'll be back look's like at the moment mid Oct, you'll know when the Post's restart. Next time your coming to K.P.P. send me a post and I'll point you in the right direction if you give me enought notice I'll lock the dog's and Mrs H/M away and you be welcome to pop in for a Tea/coffee don't panic the first one is always free.

H/M.K.P.P.

W/H.CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Should be there but phone first re time just in case. .....Oh would that be the 30bt or the 50bt tea you'll be requiring ???

H/M.

That will be the 50 baht tea ala proper Dorset cream tea (photos attached) and I do drink Earl Grey really but from your kitchens I suppose the choice is limited.

I actually have a box of Tetleys if you want it.

post-5614-0-81952000-1347260400_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-61191300-1347260411_thumb.jp