Pregnant Aussie Teenager Beaten, Robbed In Phuket Ladyboy Attack

webfact

glad to hear the baby is alright but....

1. why go out at one in the morning into a dark alley in patong beach?

2. why wasn't the boyfriend with her?

when you're five months pregnant...

....true....BUT.......

there is no reason in this world to beat up a pregnant woman.....visibly pregnant(5 months)....

no f.....g reason at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they did..seriously she shouldn't be out alone at that ungodly hour..

• Like 1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. What right do tourists have to go wandering around at a world famous beach resort as if they were on holiday or something.

Try walking around alone in the middle of the night in back alleys in any similar resort in the world, in Rio you'd be lucky to get out alive.

i hate to be cynical but something about this smells - what the ladyboys did was horrendous and reprehensible and by no way am i an advocate of the "going out dressed like that, asking for it" school but 1am, down an alley, 5 months pregnant, in a foreign place, bf back at the room? i'd bet dollars to donuts there's another shoe to fall.

i know of a lad, sends his pregnant gf out to buy the mary-jane as less likelihood of her being stopped - jus' sayin'

anyhoo glad the kid is ok, shame Phuket is trending for all the wrong reasons lately

Also she suddenly managed to regain her memory and "rush" back to her hotel after stopping to ask the katoeys she couldn't understand for directions to said hotel?

Does not excuse the incident by any means but does shed a bit more light on the situation potentially and if the suspicions expressed here turned out to be accurate it is pretty sad (conservatively speaking) given said pregnancy as she would be of worse character IMO then the katoeys that beat and robbed her..

I also find it curious that they are "protecting their identities" to avoid any possible reprisals from said katoeys when, (1) She already told them where they are staying by asking for directions if they understood her.

and (2) The katoeys know who they beat and robbed and what she looks like and also now that she's 5 months preggers so just how many people do they think that fit her description did they rob last night? Meaning, they would still be able to put 2 and 2 together if they choose to even with the lax education standards here..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I can understand her being out there alone, she went to catch up with a friend, bf wouldn't be expected to be a part of the girly chit chat that they might have.

I can understand her walking down an alley, even at 1am, in a foreign country while pregnant. As there's lots of people around, which should mean that you're safe.

However I don't understand:

Why the ladyboys would attack her like that. Must be more than meets the eye I think, perhaps the "Send the gf to get some weed" theory, with something then going wrong.

Or perhaps she made a snide remark about ladyboys. Afterall, she's a teenager, so more likely to say something immature and petty without thinking beforehand, and on I assume a first trip to Thailand, she might not be accustomed to seeing ladyboys here. The last lot of aussie teenagers (or maybe even early 20s) which I had to misfortune of sitting next to for around 30 minutes on a trip to Phi Phi, just constantly badmouthing anyone and everyone who was different to them, as a result this really does sour me towards Aussie teenage girls and their cultural acceptance and maturity.

Either way, I'm still appalled that no one tried to intervene or similar. People just ignored it, they should have stepped in and stopped it. It's really disappointing to me, how often I see / hear about this happening in Thailand.

The title "teenager" let me think about a little girl but that seems not the case!

And I do agree regarding too many Aussies (not only girls) badmouthing and making stupid jokes about others only because they look different and talk different languages, worst of all when they do this overseas!

I got some relatives born in Australia and I witnessed this behaviour which can only be regarded as "racism".

I cut any contact with them.

Many questions here too: 5 month pregnant woman (not teenager) wandering alone at 1 am in a foreiner country, she went to meet "someone" (note she didn't mention who) while her boyfriend (future husband) was at home with a friend??

Are you joking sure??

She also seems able to describe the assalitors being "so scary and nasty" so that she went to ask them some informations??

Still joking yet??

i hate to be cynical but something about this smells - what the ladyboys did was horrendous and reprehensible and by no way am i an advocate of the "going out dressed like that, asking for it" school but 1am, down an alley, 5 months pregnant, in a foreign place, bf back at the room? i'd bet dollars to donuts there's another shoe to fall.

i know of a lad, sends his pregnant gf out to buy the mary-jane as less likelihood of her being stopped - jus' sayin'

Agree )-;

I can't remember the last time I heard positive news out of Phuket. And while jet ski scams and so on are bad, beating up on a pregnant girl is beyond words. And people give me crap about Pattaya -- Pattaya has nothing on Phuket for all of the violence going on there lately.

Nice to see you blaming the victims here. I think she explained her reasons for being alone in the article.

Did she??

First it was the taxi drivers, then the tuktuks, then the jet ski mafia, now it appears to be the ladyboys. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before the staff in your hotel assault you for soiling the clean sheets.

That's already happened though maybe not for soiling the sheets but that's no news there either.

Edited by WarpSpeed

This is one of the uglest incidents I've heard of in the kingdom. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some vigilante reprisals. I would guess there'll be a lot of katoey passengers on the outbound buses today.

The incident can be used as the basis for a master's thesis in psych.

Did you actually compose your thoughts before posting?

I'm surprised that no-one has picked up on the following ...

Asked why she was walking alone at the time, she said she went to meet someone on Soi Bangla while her boyfriend stayed at the hotel with a friend.
Read into it what you will.

She also seems able to describe the assalitors being "so scary and nasty" so that she went to ask them some informations??

Still joking yet??

Can't remember the alley but can remember and identify her assailants clearly. Stopped to talk to scary and nasty strangers down an alley. Rushed back to the hotel bar after.

Not blaming the victim but It just doesn't add up enough for me to say her only indiscretion was making a bad judgement call.

• Like 1

True, this won't be the last attack to tourist, the Hotel must post warnings about travel alone at night, some very easy basic Mua Thai defensive moves for ladies... best place to post this is in elevator or ladies bathroom. Also leave valuables in Hotel safe, one where you have a double key to open safe, and the security boxes are in full view of CCTV.

Learn Mua Thai basics for ladies ... a 1/2 days training would be with you any where in the world!!!...here in Pattaya, FairTex Sports club offers defensive training for European women, I see novelist women gain confidence and know this is the best insurance for defence and opens doors for further physical conditioning, this would inspire a NEW opportunity for Thai's to seek employment in the tourist industry.

Nice advert except that most here know how to counter Muay Thai moves so if one were to attempt it likely it would bring down even worse reactions and results.. Sometimes confidence can be deadly when reality takes over..

• Like 2

This is one of the uglest incidents I've heard of in the kingdom. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some vigilante reprisals. I would guess there'll be a lot of katoey passengers on the outbound buses today.

The incident can be used as the basis for a master's thesis in psych.

Did you actually compose your thoughts before posting?

Asked why she was walking alone at the time, she said she went to meet someone on Soi Bangla while her boyfriend stayed at the hotel with a friend.

First part, it doesn't seem so does it?

Second part, actually several picked up on it for various reasons....

Edited by WarpSpeed

Many questions here too: 5 month pregnant woman (not teenager) wandering alone at 1 am in a foreiner country, she went to meet "someone" (note she didn't mention who) while her boyfriend (future husband) was at home with a friend??

Are you joking sure??

Still joking yet??

Keep in mind what we're reading here is a news report on the matter. How much of the "funnyness" of the story is because of what this girl said, and how much of it is due to the writer doing a poor job summarizing things.

In my job I've had the benefit of being quoted in a number of publications. Not once has the quote been 100% correct. Its ranged everywhere from almost right, to not even in the ballpark of what I've said. I've had reporters make up quotes out of whole cloth to fit the story better. And that's just the quotes, not the rest of the content that goes along with the actual quotes.

Just keep that in mind before jumping all over her story.

another nail in the Phuket coffin

Yes but just how many do to you think it will actually take before the corpse gets buried?? Seems an "ENDLESS" number to me....

there is only 1 way to make Thailand safer for farang holiday visitors. that is for embassies and foreign press to start a hard campaign against the country.

the place wont ever change because it still hits its tourist numbers. no matter what crazy thing happens - riots, floods, tourist scams, murder, deadly roads - millions keep coming to the beaches every year. so why should the police or govt care? a farang had problems? so what. in a week they will be back to their royal life at home..

Still joking yet??

Can't remember the alley but can remember and identify her assailants clearly. Stopped to talk to scary and nasty strangers down an alley. Rushed back to the hotel bar after.

Not blaming the victim but It just doesn't add up enough for me to say her only indiscretion was making a bad judgement call.

Well no doubt she did make several "bad judgement calls"...

It sadly is a fact about Thailand most people stand around and watch or do nothing<The mentality was studied in NY when a woman was stabbed repeatedly in public no one helped>. This actually is the safe thing to do but the victim always suffers. We saw some Farang get smashed in the head with a motorcycle helmet in Jom Tien this week and it was the Thai guys fault because he hit his bike. 6 Thais one Farang and his girlfriend sounded like a coconut getting smacked. Lucky the guy was not seriously hurt and as soon as he smashed the guy in the head his friends grabbed him. The part that was amazing is the volume of people watching like it was some kind of entertainment, I told my girlfriend keep walking do not get involved unless you are willing to call the police.

Edited by BigRick

Are you joking sure??

Still joking yet??

Keep in mind what we're reading here is a news report on the matter. How much of the "funnyness" of the story is because of what this girl said, and how much of it is due to the writer doing a poor job summarizing things.

In my job I've had the benefit of being quoted in a number of publications. Not once has the quote been 100% correct. Its ranged everywhere from almost right, to not even in the ballpark of what I've said. I've had reporters make up quotes out of whole cloth to fit the story better. And that's just the quotes, not the rest of the content that goes along with the actual quotes.

Just keep that in mind before jumping all over her story.

Well that is exactly what is being said. Several times it's been stated that for WHATEVER reason the story doesn't add up be it lost in translation, omissions intentional or otherwise or some other sort of inaccuracy or fabrication..

i feel for her but ... there are no unlit small alleys anywhere near the Tai pan on Rat u thit road where she would not have been seen and helped and she said she did not know where her hotel was so asked directions but then ran to the hotel after the attack???

Another sad day for Patong but still the best thing to do with lady boys (and tuk tuk drivers and jet ski operators) give them a free lift to the bridge and never let them back on the island

There are some less well lit alleys there, the difference between glaring neon and several small lights and little foot traffic. And she asked for directions to the Main Road not her Hotel.

The bottom line is simply that if the personal revenue generating company known as the phuket police has any interest in pursuing crimes like this, they would go down dramatically. If these pigs were locked up, for an extended stretch, do you not think word would get around. But, the problem is that there is no money in this. The "toy police" (imitation law enforcement agency) would have to spend hours on this, and they would not receive any tea money. What a terrible thing that would be. Actual law enforcement by a group that is so brain dead, as to be near retards.

• Like 1

What the hell is a young pregnant Australian girl doing out at that time of night on her own ,to me that is an invitation to all the scumbags hanging around the soi's of Phuket, why was her boyfriend back in the hotel because there is no way would I allow my wife to be walking the streets on her own at that time of night. I get the feeling that something is not quite right here did she and her fella have an argument, anyway hope she is okay and has learned her lesson, it does not matter where you live in the world a young girl walking the streets on her own so late at night is an open invitation to muggers, rapists and murderers to name a few. Phuket is becoming a very unsavoury place to visit the police and Government need to do something before it becomes a no go area for tourists !!!!!

Oh yeah? Some foreigners here are more Thai than the Thai. She should not been walking ALONE late at night. She should not be dressed up the way she chose to. That's very culturally insensitive and stupid. She probably wasn't really beaten up and just made this all up because of the insurance claim. We know Thai people are lovely and would not bashed her up if she didn't provoke them first, so if she did get it, she probably deserved it. The police doesn't need look for anybody since it's ll in the past. And any way they are VIPs and busy. All is good in Phuket, lovely place, and the foreigners who are apprehensive of going there are most welcome just to send their money for the hotels, airlines and hopefully even attractions and tuk-tuks and stay away. That's the famous Thai hospitality and the way we like them.

• Like 2

Well, I have finally reached my saturation point. I will never visit these areas, and advise my friends to avoid them too. If I were a foreigner with local business interests, or Thai and had a western view...I would consider a Facebook campaign called "Stop Thailand Tourist Crimes" specifically aimed at cleaning up these areas. When it has enough friends, present it to the newspapers so people understand...at the end of the day...we vote with our money....and foreigners do, whether people like it or not...pump a ton of cash into local economies. No, we are not all perfect little angels...but for the most part... pretty well behaved.

I mean ... really ... with all the beautiful beaches and resort towns in Thailand and SEA...I need to travel to these places for this load of nonsense??? No...I do not.

• Like 2

First part, it doesn't seem so does it?

Second part, actually several picked up on it for various reasons....

Actually, I just read ALL the posts ... and no-one picked up on it ... can you lead me to where it was mentioned before?

Thanks

Edited by David48