Pao: Remarkable New Chinese Specialty Restaurant On Pattaya Klang

Jingthing

Pao: Restaurant Review When: Feb 24 @ 8pm Where: Central (Klang) Pattaya Road - North side, midway between 2'nd and 3'rd Roads What I Ordered: - Coke can @ 50 Baht - Drunken Chicken Wings (Free Sample - 2pc) - Pan Fried Beef Pie (2pc @ 60 Baht) - Shrimp Wonton Soup @ 100 Baht - Ramen with Savoury Beef topping @ 70 Baht - Fried Squid @ 160 Baht Total Cost: 440 Baht (1 person) Overview: This place has a lot of potential (open for 3 months) but if they don't make a few changes they will be gone by the next high season. The food is really good and it would not take much change for it to be a profit making venture. The restaurant is double size (2 retail units) and the decor is very modern and has a HiSo feel. I was the only diner with the exception of a Farang/Thai couple who walked in/walked out when they looked at the menu and saw there was no Thai food for the Thai partner. They have 2 menus: a written dumpling menu, and a well photographed Photo book menu. The menu is varied (see Jingthing's previous post) but needs some additions to bring in the crowds). This is the first Asian restaurant I've even been to in the world that does not provide any table condiments (seasonings etc). The co-owner (young Chinese guy) has excellent English and is really interested in knowing what people think about his food and why they want to come to his restaurant. When my meal was finished he came over asking about my experience which turned into a 15 min conversation about his food and the Pattaya food scene. Review: Coke: Can for 50 Baht! Enough said. Drunken Chicken Wings: These looked totally unappealing in the photo (think boiled chicken winglets). I asked if this is how they looked and the guy said he'd let me sample them. although the flavor was good they were served cold! I think this item should be reserved for the minority who enjoy boiled chicken feet salad. A very Falang-unfriendly dish. Pan Fried Beef Pie: (2pc @ 60 Baht) Although a little bit pricey by Thai standards, they were very fresh & tasty and contained 'soup' inside (you have to be careful when making that first bite - I was warned) They are about 3" in diameter. Shrimp Wonton Soup: (100 Baht) 5 giant Wontons with traditional broth (you can also chose a different soup accompaniment). Delicious and fresh and good value. Ramen with Savoury Beef topping: (70 Baht) The ramen is a handmade thick udon style. Although a delicious dish, the problem was that it became tastier the more you got towards the bottom of the bowl (where the toppings congregated after mixing with the noodle). This is where having condiments would have been useful, the first few bites tasted of unseasoned pasta, thus having some table seasoning to add to the top of the dish would have been beneficial. Very good value. Fried Squid: (160 Baht) The best fried Squid/Calamari in Pattaya. It came with pickle garnish and lime wedges. Very fresh and lighly battered and well seasoned BUT the portion size was miniscule (think Tapas for 1), perhaps 1/3 the portion size you'd get in the West. Very poor value! Conclusion: Great food and great potential to be successful. I think the owners were a little over-ambitious with this restaurant considering it's location: They spent too much on decor and they could have made do with a single retail unit restaurant without the oversized tables & chairs, and oversized kitchen with a fancy double-doored fridge, but what's done is done, they now need to look towards the future and get the customers inside. I told the guy that he needed condiments. He acknowledged the customer walk-out mentioned above. I hinted that he needed to expand his menu (I told him I can only get my Fried rice noodle with beef fix from Foodland). I told him about his far away Jontiem competition (soon to up & leave from what's being said on the other thread). He recommended a good Thai restaurant: 'The Boat' on 2'nd Road, which I've never been but is currenly being praised on another thread by JT. I told him that Falang Expats are craving decent, authentic alternatives to both Thai food and the Touristy items readily available by the beach (F&C, burgers, steaks, pasta, pizza etc). He was interested when I told him about ThaiVisa and how this is the means we Expats find new places to go eat and that he had just been discoverd by the resident food expert JT. Jingthing I think you would enjoy having a talk with this guy, I think he's receptive to change for the better ($profit). I've told him you'll probably be back, so don't be shy, introduce yourself and get some free samples!
Pao: Restaurant Review (Followup) When: Feb 28 @ 1030pm What I Ordered: - Coke Can - Hot & Sour Soup with Shrimp Wontons - Pan Fried Pork Buns (6pc) - Shrimp & Egg @ 160 Baht - Deep Fried Pork Ribs @ 120 Baht (5pc) - Rice Noodle Roll with Beef Total Cost: 640 Baht (1 person)

I'll take Cherry's buffet twice for me or once as a couple OR two of their Sunday nite 4 course set-menu meals thank you! B 640 for one person for Chinese food in Pattaya is just daft :)

• Like 1

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on your preferences. I have been cooking since I was a teen and to be honest t

If I want Western food I go buy the ingredients and cook it myself. Okay wood fired pizza and a coiple of specialities are the exception. I cookpretty good asian food too but the time and techniques required to reproduce authentic Chinese make it worth paying for. If like me you miss mainland, HK and even Singaporean style Chinese food this place is a welcome addition.

If it's only about money then visit the 99 baht thai muu gatah places. Can't deny the VFM at Cherry's but when I eat out I prefer something different to what I make at home

Let's get real here! Nobody needs to spend 650 baht a person at Pao. Any normal single diner can certainly fill his stomach for 300 baht, easily less, and probably even less if you're sharing. At that price level considering the quality, Pao rates as a great value.

Let's get real here! Nobody needs to spend 650 baht a person at Pao. Any normal single diner can certainly fill his stomach for 300 baht, easily less, and probably even less if you're sharing. At that price level considering the quality, Pao rates as a great value.

Indeed, I knew I was ordering too much food for myself (way too much for an average appetite) but since I'm still in the menu exploration phase, I don't mind over-indulging to shorten the exploration process. Based on what I've experienced thus far I'd be happy with 3 of my favorite dishes (Wonton soup, Spicy Beef Ramen, and Beef pies) with a bottle water for 300 Baht, while others can make do with less bringing the cost down to 200 Baht.

Do they have a salsa bar?

Go ahead and ask the chefs for that if you're looking to get slapped.

coffee1.gif !No dumpling for you!coffee1.gif

Anyway, it sounds like yous guys are loving the Pao place. I am so pleased.

Edited by Jingthing

Whatever is your interest i have no problem and thank you for info.

I am not one of these board jealous and angry who complain about people advertising their business.

That's fine. It's not my business. I have no business in Thailand. I do have a self interest in seeing places that I like keep their doors open so I continue to buy their food. In the case of Pao, they don't need much help because they are already doing so many things right. Like I said in the OP, I wasn't sure I really wanted to share this one but I knew someone else would before long, so might as well be me. Maybe my ego was chipped a little bit when it wasn't me who "discovered" the Northern Chinese/Sechuan place on Soi Welcome Jomtien. BTW, that place could take lessons from Pao on doing things right, sorry to say.

Thanks for the info, I am looking forward to going already !

• Like 1

Unfortunately irregular opening hours do seem to be a problem at the moment.

I drove past Pao twice yesterday (Friday), once at 6:30pm and once at 9:30pm.

Both times the restaurant had no lights on and appeared closed.

Unfortunately irregular opening hours do seem to be a problem at the moment.

I drove past Pao twice yesterday (Friday), once at 6:30pm and once at 9:30pm.

Both times the restaurant had no lights on and appeared closed.

Maybe they should get a website to say we are open tonight or not so people don't waste a special trip there.

Anyone know if you can takeout? Any plans for delivery?

I'll venture a guess. No and no. Not that kind of joint. For takeout I'm sure if you bring your own containers, they will fill them up for you.coffee1.gif Edited by Jingthing

In 20+ years of living in Thailand, I have never met a restaurant that doesnt do carry outs.

Well, someone should ask. That implies they carry a stock of containers for that purpose. I just didn't get the impression this place is thinking along those lines. I mean really, items like Shanghai soup dumplings should be eaten soon after being cooked.

Pao: Restaurant Review

When: Feb 24 @ 8pm

Where: Central (Klang) Pattaya Road - North side, midway between 2'nd and 3'rd Roads

What I Ordered:

- Coke can @ 50 Baht

- Drunken Chicken Wings (Free Sample - 2pc)

- Pan Fried Beef Pie (2pc @ 60 Baht)

- Shrimp Wonton Soup @ 100 Baht

- Ramen with Savoury Beef topping @ 70 Baht

- Fried Squid @ 160 Baht

Total Cost: 440 Baht (1 person)

Overview:

This place has a lot of potential (open for 3 months) but if they don't make a few changes they will be gone by the next high season. The food is really good and it would not take much change for it to be a profit making venture. The restaurant is double size (2 retail units) and the decor is very modern and has a HiSo feel. I was the only diner with the exception of a Farang/Thai couple who walked in/walked out when they looked at the menu and saw there was no Thai food for the Thai partner. They have 2 menus: a written dumpling menu, and a well photographed Photo book menu. The menu is varied (see Jingthing's previous post) but needs some additions to bring in the crowds). This is the first Asian restaurant I've even been to in the world that does not provide any table condiments (seasonings etc).

The co-owner (young Chinese guy) has excellent English and is really interested in knowing what people think about his food and why they want to come to his restaurant. When my meal was finished he came over asking about my experience which turned into a 15 min conversation about his food and the Pattaya food scene.

Review:

Coke: Can for 50 Baht! Enough said.

Drunken Chicken Wings: These looked totally unappealing in the photo (think boiled chicken winglets). I asked if this is how they looked and the guy said he'd let me sample them. although the flavor was good they were served cold! I think this item should be reserved for the minority who enjoy boiled chicken feet salad. A very Falang-unfriendly dish.

Pan Fried Beef Pie: (2pc @ 60 Baht) Although a little bit pricey by Thai standards, they were very fresh & tasty and contained 'soup' inside (you have to be careful when making that first bite - I was warned) They are about 3" in diameter.

Shrimp Wonton Soup: (100 Baht) 5 giant Wontons with traditional broth (you can also chose a different soup accompaniment). Delicious and fresh and good value.

Ramen with Savoury Beef topping: (70 Baht) The ramen is a handmade thick udon style. Although a delicious dish, the problem was that it became tastier the more you got towards the bottom of the bowl (where the toppings congregated after mixing with the noodle). This is where having condiments would have been useful, the first few bites tasted of unseasoned pasta, thus having some table seasoning to add to the top of the dish would have been beneficial. Very good value.

Fried Squid: (160 Baht) The best fried Squid/Calamari in Pattaya. It came with pickle garnish and lime wedges. Very fresh and lighly battered and well seasoned BUT the portion size was miniscule (think Tapas for 1), perhaps 1/3 the portion size you'd get in the West. Very poor value!

Conclusion:

Great food and great potential to be successful.

I think the owners were a little over-ambitious with this restaurant considering it's location: They spent too much on decor and they could have made do with a single retail unit restaurant without the oversized tables & chairs, and oversized kitchen with a fancy double-doored fridge, but what's done is done, they now need to look towards the future and get the customers inside.

I told the guy that he needed condiments. He acknowledged the customer walk-out mentioned above. I hinted that he needed to expand his menu (I told him I can only get my Fried rice noodle with beef fix from Foodland). I told him about his far away Jontiem competition (soon to up & leave from what's being said on the other thread). He recommended a good Thai restaurant: 'The Boat' on 2'nd Road, which I've never been but is currenly being praised on another thread by JT. I told him that Falang Expats are craving decent, authentic alternatives to both Thai food and the Touristy items readily available by the beach (F&C, burgers, steaks, pasta, pizza etc).

He was interested when I told him about ThaiVisa and how this is the means we Expats find new places to go eat and that he had just been discoverd by the resident food expert JT. Jingthing I think you would enjoy having a talk with this guy, I think he's receptive to change for the better ($profit). I've told him you'll probably be back, so don't be shy, introduce yourself and get some free samples!

Pao: Restaurant Review (Followup)

When: Feb 28 @ 1030pm

What I Ordered:

- Coke Can

- Hot & Sour Soup with Shrimp Wontons

- Pan Fried Pork Buns (6pc)

- Shrimp & Egg @ 160 Baht

- Deep Fried Pork Ribs @ 120 Baht (5pc)

- Rice Noodle Roll with Beef

Total Cost: 640 Baht (1 person)

Overview:

The co-owner (guy) welcomed me back when I entered the restaurant. Still no table condiments but they now provide re-fillable cold Chinese Tea. I sat in a different type of seating area today: I can now say that the seating in this restaurant is quite uncomfortable. If you sit at the sofas with the coffe tables then eating from the table is ackward. If you sit at the regular tables then your knees are pushed up against the table support. There is a third seating area: diner style facing the kitchen, perhaps I'll try this on my next visit. There were 2 Thai ladies eating when I entered, from what I gathered from their conversation with the Pao guy: 1) they are restaurant owners 2) Pao has a 2 year lease 3) Pao does not want to have Thai food on the menu because that is not what they do. Afterwards the Pao guy mentioned that table and said how Thais waste so much food in his restaurant. I concurred, telling him that Thais need to have a more open palate. I ordered a lot of food and he tried to tell me to stop ordering, but I told him I have a large appetite and in the end I finished everything but was completely stuffed. He asked me for the name of this website and I wrote it down for him and told him to search for 'Pao', so he shall be reading these posts (and hopefully commenting on his own... I want to stop calling him Pao guy).

Review:

Hot & Sour Soup with Shrimp Wontons: These are the same delicious wontons mentioned in my previous review except that the soup different. I like this version better, I always liked Hot & Sour soup but with the addition of wontons it is so much better (think spaghetti with sauce vs spaghetti & meatballs with sauce). This soup was very tasty and there was a little kick with the 'Hot', Good value & great flavor

Pan Fried Pork Buns: (6pc, no soup inside) I found these rather underwhelming & monononous. I much prefer the beef pie (with soup inside) version as mentioned in my previous review.

Shrimp & Egg @ 160 Baht: This looked quite appetizing from the photo in the menu but in reality looked a little boring. It was simply @ 6 jumbo shrimp cooked with egg and came with steamed rice. Simple but very tasty. The eggs and shrimp were cooked perfectly and the flavor was subtle but well balanced with none of the oil you get with the Thai egg dishes. Although better value than the fried Squid previously reviewed (at lease this dish portion wise can be shared), it is still quite expensive by Thai standards.

Deep Fried Pork Ribs @ 120 Baht (5pc): There were maybe 5 rib versions on the menu, some braised and some fried but all using the same rib (as per Pao guy). I chose the basic deep fried version. They had a nice subtle vinegary flavor but were unfortunately very fatty (think biting into the Parson's nose of a Chicken). I think this dish is more suited for the Asian clientel who appreciate fattiness in their meats. The Pao guy asked me if I wanted more steamed rice but i declined since I was already quite full.

Rice Noodle Roll with Beef: This was the weakest item. I never really liked the Rice Noodle rolls when I've had Dim Sum, but I wanted to see if their version was any better. They had the usual filling choices but I chose beef since it's not the usual filling choice. This was the last dish served (he told me it takes 20 min to prepare) so I was full already but I'm very sure I would still not have enjoyed this dish had it been served first. Just a whole lot of boring rice noodle roll (70%) with beef filling (30%). It was perhaps slightly poorer then what I've tried for Dim Sum, only because the ratio of rice noodle to filling was too high.

Pao: Restaurant Review (Followup #2)

When: March 4pm @ 10pm

What I Ordered:

- Hot & Sour Soup with Pork Dumplings @ 80 Baht

- Pan Fried Beef Pies (2pc) @ 60 Baht

- Ramen with Savoury Beef topping @ 70 Baht

- Beef with Black Pepper @ 120 Baht

- Red Bean Pancakes (FREE)

Total Cost: 330 Baht (1 person)

Overview:

There was 1 Russian couple eating in the restaurant when I arrived, otherwise I was the only customer during my meal. The co-owner guy said he looked at his 'reviews' on this website and could even remember Jingthing's id. As for some of the statements about his restaurant, he said he was shut the last friday because of unforseen circumstances, and he has take-out containers but prefers to use them only for leftovers since his food is designed to be eaten right away (he doesn't want customers to get a negative opinion about his food after sampling his re-heated meals). He also says he has Sezchewan peppercorn oil for JT.

Review:

Hot & Sour Soup with Pork Dumplings @ 80 Baht: Previously reviewed soup except in this case I had it with the Leek & Pork dumplings, 5 good size dumplings with good flavor. I do prefer the Shrimp dumpling version better.

Pan Fried Beef Pies (2pc) @ 60 Baht: As excellent as when sampled on my first review

Ramen with Savoury Beef topping @ 70 Baht: The 'guy' said he slightly adjusted the recipe for this dish, adding chile/garlic paste from HongKong as an ingredient. The dish was indeed spicier but this time I thoroughly mixed the noodles with the beef 'topping' so I did not have an issue with bland first bites as mentioned in my previous review.

Beef with Black Pepper @ 120 Baht: This was another attempt at exploring the menu. My expectations were not high based on my previous failed attempts at exploration, but I thought I'd give it a go because the price was not too expensive. The dish tasted very good, containing the beef & pieces of bell pepper and a side of steamed rice. Portion wise very small, thus very expensive for what your getting.

Red Bean Pancakes (FREE): Because of my repeat business! I would not normally order this sort of dessert item (I think Asian desserts for the most part suck). It was like a a flattened, fried Moiki, served warm and somewhat chewy (he said he made them fresh yesterday). They were nice, somewhat unusual, but if he'd have asked my opinion, I would have told him they needed some sort of sauce/coulis.

• Like 2

Thanks for your detailed impressions about the food. In any case, I am pretty sure most all local Chinese food lovers can find a number of dishes to enjoy there. Glad to hear the issue with not being open when expected is not so serious.

As long as the owner is following this thread, it might be worth mentioning that putting a sign up in the window during unexpected closures with the duration of the closure date(s) would be helpful to those who show up and are disappointed. (So they come back!)

Edited by Jingthing

I went yesterday 6PM, I was the first one there. I had the hot and sour soup with Chinese ravioli , excellent. I had the smoked ribs in the house sauce, very good flavor but some people might expect more meat on the bone. I put the rice into the sauce and that was filling for me. Bottle of water. Total 220. I plan to go tonight for the soup and those fried pies.

• Like 1

I went yesterday 6PM, I was the first one there. I had the hot and sour soup with Chinese ravioli , excellent. I had the smoked ribs in the house sauce, very good flavor but some people might expect more meat on the bone. I put the rice into the sauce and that was filling for me. Bottle of water. Total 220. I plan to go tonight for the soup and those fried pies.

Yes, I think the Chinese ravioli is the only variety of soup 'filling' I have not tried yet (also have the shrimp, & pork dumpling varieties). Be sure to try the Ramen, I like it without the soup, but there are soup versions also.

• Like 1

OK, really, what's the hap with their opening hours?

I went by at 5:20 PM tonight actually planning on eating there later as I had an errand to run ... but they were closed.

So I didn't bother going back in case they were still not open.

I am slightly reticent in suggesting this, but, here goes.

Lots of us have mobile devices and Pattaya Klang is a major road.

Perhaps people can post when they see it is either open or closed during the expected hours (daily from 5 pm, closed Mondays).

That will save lots us a special trip there for nothing and also alert people when they are open, to come on down.

Yes, I know this is extreme, but I continue to think this place deserves support (good food!) and a chance to make it.

Pao: Restaurant Review When: Feb 24 @ 8pm Where: Central (Klang) Pattaya Road - North side, midway between 2'nd and 3'rd Roads What I Ordered: - Coke can @ 50 Baht - Drunken Chicken Wings (Free Sample - 2pc) - Pan Fried Beef Pie (2pc @ 60 Baht) - Shrimp Wonton Soup @ 100 Baht - Ramen with Savoury Beef topping @ 70 Baht - Fried Squid @ 160 Baht Total Cost: 440 Baht (1 person) Overview: This place has a lot of potential (open for 3 months) but if they don't make a few changes they will be gone by the next high season. The food is really good and it would not take much change for it to be a profit making venture. The restaurant is double size (2 retail units) and the decor is very modern and has a HiSo feel. I was the only diner with the exception of a Farang/Thai couple who walked in/walked out when they looked at the menu and saw there was no Thai food for the Thai partner. They have 2 menus: a written dumpling menu, and a well photographed Photo book menu. The menu is varied (see Jingthing's previous post) but needs some additions to bring in the crowds). This is the first Asian restaurant I've even been to in the world that does not provide any table condiments (seasonings etc). The co-owner (young Chinese guy) has excellent English and is really interested in knowing what people think about his food and why they want to come to his restaurant. When my meal was finished he came over asking about my experience which turned into a 15 min conversation about his food and the Pattaya food scene. Review: Coke: Can for 50 Baht! Enough said. Drunken Chicken Wings: These looked totally unappealing in the photo (think boiled chicken winglets). I asked if this is how they looked and the guy said he'd let me sample them. although the flavor was good they were served cold! I think this item should be reserved for the minority who enjoy boiled chicken feet salad. A very Falang-unfriendly dish. Pan Fried Beef Pie: (2pc @ 60 Baht) Although a little bit pricey by Thai standards, they were very fresh & tasty and contained 'soup' inside (you have to be careful when making that first bite - I was warned) They are about 3" in diameter. Shrimp Wonton Soup: (100 Baht) 5 giant Wontons with traditional broth (you can also chose a different soup accompaniment). Delicious and fresh and good value. Ramen with Savoury Beef topping: (70 Baht) The ramen is a handmade thick udon style. Although a delicious dish, the problem was that it became tastier the more you got towards the bottom of the bowl (where the toppings congregated after mixing with the noodle). This is where having condiments would have been useful, the first few bites tasted of unseasoned pasta, thus having some table seasoning to add to the top of the dish would have been beneficial. Very good value. Fried Squid: (160 Baht) The best fried Squid/Calamari in Pattaya. It came with pickle garnish and lime wedges. Very fresh and lighly battered and well seasoned BUT the portion size was miniscule (think Tapas for 1), perhaps 1/3 the portion size you'd get in the West. Very poor value! Conclusion: Great food and great potential to be successful. I think the owners were a little over-ambitious with this restaurant considering it's location: They spent too much on decor and they could have made do with a single retail unit restaurant without the oversized tables & chairs, and oversized kitchen with a fancy double-doored fridge, but what's done is done, they now need to look towards the future and get the customers inside. I told the guy that he needed condiments. He acknowledged the customer walk-out mentioned above. I hinted that he needed to expand his menu (I told him I can only get my Fried rice noodle with beef fix from Foodland). I told him about his far away Jontiem competition (soon to up & leave from what's being said on the other thread). He recommended a good Thai restaurant: 'The Boat' on 2'nd Road, which I've never been but is currenly being praised on another thread by JT. I told him that Falang Expats are craving decent, authentic alternatives to both Thai food and the Touristy items readily available by the beach (F&C, burgers, steaks, pasta, pizza etc). He was interested when I told him about ThaiVisa and how this is the means we Expats find new places to go eat and that he had just been discoverd by the resident food expert JT. Jingthing I think you would enjoy having a talk with this guy, I think he's receptive to change for the better ($profit). I've told him you'll probably be back, so don't be shy, introduce yourself and get some free samples!
Pao: Restaurant Review (Followup) When: Feb 28 @ 1030pm What I Ordered: - Coke Can - Hot & Sour Soup with Shrimp Wontons - Pan Fried Pork Buns (6pc) - Shrimp & Egg @ 160 Baht - Deep Fried Pork Ribs @ 120 Baht (5pc) - Rice Noodle Roll with Beef Total Cost: 640 Baht (1 person)

I'll take Cherry's buffet twice for me or once as a couple OR two of their Sunday nite 4 course set-menu meals thank you! B 640 for one person for Chinese food in Pattaya is just daft smile.png

I have to agree, Asian food in Asia should not be 650baht for a meal, all standard ingredients that you will find in any Thai dish at 6x the price - you gota be kidding

OK, really, what's the hap with their opening hours?

I went by at 5:20 PM tonight actually planning on eating there later as I had an errand to run ... but they were closed.

So I didn't bother going back in case they were still not open.

I am slightly reticent in suggesting this, but, here goes.

Lots of us have mobile devices and Pattaya Klang is a major road.

Perhaps people can post when they see it is either open or closed during the expected hours (daily from 5 pm, closed Mondays).

That will save lots us a special trip there for nothing and also alert people when they are open, to come on down.

Yes, I know this is extreme, but I continue to think this place deserves support (good food!) and a chance to make it.

To me if a restaurant can't stay open for the posted hours then they are set for failure. Hard to get and maintain regulars when those ppl show up (like yourself) only to find the place closed. Eventually you will stop taking time to go there and find them closed.

Would be nice to hear the reasoning behind them not opening at 5pm as posted. It's not like they are open all day.

• Like 1

To me if a restaurant can't stay open for the posted hours then they are set for failure. Hard to get and maintain regulars when those ppl show up (like yourself) only to find the place closed. Eventually you will stop taking time to go there and find them closed.

Would be nice to hear the reasoning behind them not opening at 5pm as posted. It's not like they are open all day.

Because what they are offering (when open) is both unique for Pattaya and good, personally I am much more inclined to give the place the benefit of the doubt at this stage. They remain VERY NEW. For all we know they are still in a kind of "soft opening" phase where they weren't even seeking mass publicity. Not ready for prime time as it were. We'll see but I sure do wish them luck for the future.

Because what they are offering (when open) is both unique for Pattaya and good, personally I am much more inclined to give the place the benefit of the doubt at this stage. They remain VERY NEW. For all we know they are still in a kind of "soft opening" phase where they weren't even seeking mass publicity. Not ready for prime time as it were. We'll see but I sure do wish them luck for the future.

I do appreciate your commitment to them JT, Perhaps when you make it in there next you should mention to the owner that not being open during posted hours is a sure way to fail. If they need to change the hours then so be it. But displaying one set of hours and not following them is not going to bring in business.

Great post thank you.

You're welcome.

To clarify some more about the more westernized Chinese dishes they don't have that many westerners may want:

Chow mein

Lo mein

Sweet and sour chicken balls or pork

Egg foo yung

Black bean sauce dishes

Chop suey

Egg rolls (Spring rolls)

General Tso's chicken

Orange chicken / Lemon chicken

Beef with brocoli

Sechuan food for example kung pao chicken, ma po tofu (authentic or westernized); (OK well actually they do have hot and sour soup which is Sechuan origin and their spicy version pickled cucumbers might be Sechuan-ish)

do they have any rice! clap2.gif