New Cbr400

kelboy

Hi all

went to a honda stall 2 days ago and they had a 250 with abs,same as mine but red mine is black

and i love it.So i asked them about the 400cbr and they said after april but defently before the end

of year.asked how much (must wait) aksed can i trade mine in YES. So i said to the wife sorry

you'll have to wait another year for a new car.So all we have to do is wait?clap2.gifintheclub.gifdrunk.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see it happening to be honest.

With the CBR150, CBR250 and then for a real step up in power the Kwaker 650's, i just can't see Honda selling a new CB/CBR400 here or anywhere outside of Japan any time soon. If i had a CBR250 i would honestly want something a bit bigger than a 400 as my next bike, i love the old CB400s and CBR400s (had a VFR400 NC30 a year ago here in Thailand) but in today's world i can't see much of a market for a new CB/CBR400 with the Ninja 650 on the market and If the rumors are true then the next new big bike to join the Honda line up here in Thailand will be the CBR600F.... But but but but but.....?

Edited by karlos

Hate to burst your bubble, but there is so much disinformation provided by dealers, and those "in the know" at those booths. Until I see an official public announcement from Honda...I just won't believe it.

There sure is a lot of that, for sure! There is a shop in CM that will tell you it will be a Steed model, not a CBR. I with you on this one sub, but I'll wait until I can see one with a price tag on it.

Honda Shop have told me there IS a new bike coming SOON :) when i was enquiring about the CRF 250

I think a cbr 400/600 would be the perfect weapon to get around thailand on

A bit lighter and quicker than an ER6N and not so ridiculously explosive as a litre bike

if they can make it here ,how much should a 400 cost ? its not going to cost doube the price of two cbr 250s to produce it

so a -200k fiqure should be possible ,maybe -300k for the 600cc version

well consider that Kawasaki are selling a 400 Ninja in Canada etc.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_400R

what would stop Honda doing the same?

The Ninja 400 is just a sleeved down 650. Piece of cake to make it on the 650 production line at the existing factory in Rayong.

If Honda wants to build a 400cc bike in Thailand they would have to create a new production line.

I can assure that is not going to happen at their Lat Krabang factory.

The Ninja 400 is just a sleeved down 650. Piece of cake to make it on the 650 production line at the existing factory in Rayong.

If Honda wants to build a 400cc bike in Thailand they would have to create a new production line.

why can they not make a 400s in the current factory?

Simple- they're running at 100% capacity and there's no room for another production line.

Honda already makes 'big bikes' in Thailand, okay it's not full scale production but Honda R&D Southeast Asia Co., Ltd already makes the motorcycles of tomorrow in Thailand.

If we look back into the press releases from Honda over the last few years, we can find statements that they are moving production to Thailand. But I don't think we need to expect any of the current models to be produced in Thailand. A 400cc inline four is maybe a product that would be possible.

Currently the whole fueling system for the Honda CB400SF (and most other Honda motorcycles) is being produced in Thailand also some other parts of the CB400 are 'made in Thailand'. So the rumor of it coming to Thailand is not completely crazy, still it can be that Honda will produce the VT400S in Thailand. The production of a V-twin engine over an inline-four needs much less investment in the production line and Honda Thailand has more parts locally available...

But the biggest question is why will Honda start the production of a 400cc in Thailand? Will they be able to produce them so much cheaper that they can export the 400cc motorcycles back to Japan (the worlds biggest 400cc market) – something I currently not see how that would be possible. Honda will send the motorcycles in parts and benefit from the free-trade-agreement – Something what is possible but that would mean that Honda needs two assembly sides, one in Thailand and one in Japan, what is also not very likely to be happen.

So the longer I think about a 400 being produced in Thailand is not likely with current export regulations with Japan. But who knows in the history of Honda they made some no-logical decisions that paid off so well.... So who knows... only time will tell.

Simple- they're running at 100% capacity and there's no room for another production line.

Honda Thailand had problems with the production capacity for some time, but they currently not at 100% capacity. Currently the Honda CBR250R and a few other 'high volume' models are also produced in India and Indonesia.

According to Thai Honda they have now reached an annual manufacturing capacity of 1.5 million motorcycles and scooters, and total motorcycle/scooter output from Thai Honda since 1967 far exceeds 18 million units. source: Honda Also Honda said in a statement 'Using production engineering and know-how contributed by Kumamoto Factory, the lead plant for motorcycle production, Thai Honda is striving further to enhance its structure for the supply of high-quality products.' source: Honda

of course there is room. there's the tin shed behind the gents toilets dohhhh.

nothing stopping them putting a 400 single in the current chassis!

It's not such a simple matter of just dropping a 400cc engine into a frame that's designed for a 250cc engine.

The Honda Lat Krabang mc factory is running 24/7, 3 shifts/day and absolutely does not have any spare capacity or room to produce a new model.

That said, I understand that some of Honda's auto factories do produce mc parts for use at the Lat Krabang Factory and for export to Japan. I suppose Honda could perhaps set up a 400 cc production line at one of their auto factories, but again, I question the sense in producing a 400cc bike in Thailand for which there is no major market.

Japan is the only large market where, due to their graduated license system, there is a niche for 400cc motorcycles. Yet the Japanese economy remains in shambles and new bike sales in Japan are dreadful. It would be a very odd time to introduce a completely new 400cc model.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

you could be very surprised how many people might buy a 400cc sportsbike

everyone laughed and said noone will ever buy the nc700 for 450,000

its too heavy

its to ugly

its not a real motorcycle

it doesnt have good performance

The gears are crap

its just a scooter

an er6n is cheaper

there is no market for it

its FAR TOO EXPENSIVE !

and it was the most ordered bike at the bangkok bike festival :)

i think with rising gas prices a light and fast cbr 400 would sell in higher numbers than a litre bike ,especialy in asia

but even in the west i think it would be a success with younger riders ,women and commuters

It's not such a simple matter of just dropping a 400cc engine into a frame that's designed for a 250cc engine.

The Honda Lat Krabang mc factory is running 24/7, 3 shifts/day and absolutely does not have any spare capacity or room to produce a new model.

That said, I understand that some of Honda's auto factories do produce mc parts for use at the Lat Krabang Factory and for export to Japan. I suppose Honda could perhaps set up a 400 cc production line at one of their auto factories, but again, I question the sense in producing a 400cc bike in Thailand for which there is no major market.

Japan is the only large market where, due to their graduated license system, there is a niche for 400cc motorcycles. Yet the Japanese economy remains in shambles and new bike sales in Japan are dreadful. It would be a very odd time to introduce a completely new 400cc model.

BigbikeBKK let us believe that Thai Honda Manufacturing Co., Ltd is a small operation, which only makes a few motorcycles... But the truth is that the Lat Krabang production facility is also the production center for Honda Generators, Pumps, Trimmers and to some extend they make Honda Lawn mowers and Industrial engines. Also they make a good amount of engine parts for other Honda subsidiaries. source: Honda

Of course we all know that Keihin, a Honda affiliate company, makes the fuel-inject

and yet they sell the ninja 400 in Canada. New Zealand and shortly UK and probably Australia. go figure.

also MAYBE Honda had the plan all along to do a 400 so just maybe the frame is ready to accept the new engine .. wow.

Edited by thaicbr

What will be the difference in production cost between an 600cc inline-four or a 400cc inline-four? Thailand has no special TAX incentives to make a 400cc cheaper than a 600cc.

Also 600cc inline-four is not doing so good in Thailand, Yamaha has stopped the sales of the YZF-R6 and the FZ6 (at least they disappeared from the price list I got).

What will be the difference in production cost between an 600cc inline-four or a 400cc inline-four? Thailand has no special TAX incentives to make a 400cc cheaper than a 600cc.

Also 600cc inline-four is not doing so good in Thailand, Yamaha has stopped the sales of the YZF-R6 and the FZ6 (at least they disappeared from the price list I got).

In Thailand the Yammie FZ6 is being replaced by the Yammie FZ8 and here in Thailand the R6 didn't sell very well because most buyers prefer to pay just a little more to get the R1 :)

and yet they sell the ninja 400 in Canada. New Zealand and shortly UK and probably Australia. go figure.

also MAYBE Honda had the plan all along to do a 400 so just maybe the frame is ready to accept the new engine .. wow.

Yes, the Ninja 400 is available in some of those markets and sells in tiny numbers relative to it's big brother, the EX650.

You own a CB'r' 250. Look at the frame and swingarm- do you really think it could handle a more powerful engine?

Maybe, just maybe they could squeeze in a low powered 400cc single, but then it's hardly a CBR, is it? wink.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

its too heavy

its to ugly

The gears are crap

its just a scooter

an er6n is cheaper

its FAR TOO EXPENSIVE !

and it was the most ordered bike at the bangkok bike festival smile.png

i think with rising gas prices a light and fast cbr 400 would sell in higher numbers than a litre bike ,especialy in asia

but even in the west i think it would be a success with younger riders ,women and commuters

When someone declares that the NC700 was the most ordered bike at the Bangkok Bike Festival, what does it really mean?

Maybe they had 2 orders for the 700 and 1 for the CBR1000RR and none for the Goldwing, VFR and CRF250R?

Without knowing any actual numbers calling the NC700 a hot seller doesn't really mean a thing, does it? smile.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

its too heavy

its to ugly

The gears are crap

its just a scooter

an er6n is cheaper

its FAR TOO EXPENSIVE !

When someone declares that the NC700 was the most ordered bike at the Bangkok Bike Festival, what does it really mean?

Maybe they had 2 orders for the 700 and 1 for the CBR1000RR and none for the Goldwing, VFR and CRF250R?

Without knowing any actual numbers calling the NC700 a hot seller doesn't really mean a thing, does it? smile.png

it still kicked ass ,relatively speaking

im as shocked as everyone else that anyone would pay neary half a million for one of those things

but once again ,HONDA was right and we was wrong .......

In Thailand the Yammie FZ6 is being replaced by the Yammie FZ8 and here in Thailand the R6 didn't sell very well because most buyers prefer to pay just a little more to get the R1 smile.png

With the 2012 Yamaha FZ1 being 590,000 THB I wondering what the FZ8 will cost. Of course if it's true that it comes to Thailand....

its too heavy

its to ugly

The gears are crap

its just a scooter

an er6n is cheaper

its FAR TOO EXPENSIVE !

it still kicked ass ,relatively speaking

im as shocked as everyone else that anyone would pay neary half a million for one of those things

but once again ,HONDA was right and we was wrong .......

Methinks it a bit early to declare the NC700 a "success" in Thailand or in the rest of the world :)

Almost everybody is saying that the Honda NC700X is like a scooter, not a real motorcycle, so lets see it as a scooter and then the price of the Honda NC700X is not so bad. The other maxi-scooter, the 499cc parallel twin engine Yamaha Tmax, sells for 465,000 THB and that is a simple CVT (constant variable transmission). The Honda NC700X with a 670cc parallel twin engine costs only 451,000 THB.