New Cbr400

kelboy

Lets face it people. Honda is in business to make Honda shareholders happy.....not us! If they could make money selling sewing machines and bicycles they would do that too.....ah, continue to do that! giggle.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanna view my opinion on a few things mentioned thru certain posts. I have a CB400 and do think it's a shame that there not offered more out of japan. I have ridden the new ER6 and is the worst new bike ive ever ridden the new ninja falls right in the same basket. In my view maybe good for new learner riders but anyone that has any experience will be very very frustrated in most tasks. However the cb is so much fun to ride loves to rev responds when you add input to any of the control surfaces and sounds awesome!!! New dosent always mean better the cbr150 proves that ;)

• Like 1

Just wanna view my opinion on a few things mentioned thru certain posts. I have a CB400 and do think it's a shame that there not offered more out of japan. I have ridden the new ER6 and is the worst new bike ive ever ridden the new ninja falls right in the same basket. In my view maybe good for new learner riders but anyone that has any experience will be very very frustrated in most tasks. However the cb is so much fun to ride loves to rev responds when you add input to any of the control surfaces and sounds awesome!!! New dosent always mean better the cbr150 proves that wink.png

<deleted> ?

Just wanna view my opinion on a few things mentioned thru certain posts. I have a CB400 and do think it's a shame that there not offered more out of japan. I have ridden the new ER6 and is the worst new bike ive ever ridden the new ninja falls right in the same basket. In my view maybe good for new learner riders but anyone that has any experience will be very very frustrated in most tasks. However the cb is so much fun to ride loves to rev responds when you add input to any of the control surfaces and sounds awesome!!! New dosent always mean better the cbr150 proves that wink.png

The new 2012 ER-6N is a great bike, as much fun to drive as the CB400 and much quicker. It might not sound that great as it's a twin. The new narrow gas tank is an improvement and the low-mid torque of the engine is greatly improved. It's a great bike. You can't compare a CBR150 or even a CBR250 to an ER-6N.

I agree wasn't comparing was just saying that after my ride of all the new models mentioned they were a major let down. Maybe i had a bad lot or something who knows

the new cbr 150 is much better than the older one ,it feels like a proper bike

i havent tested the 2012 er6n but some guys own one say its got more torque in the mid range and also better than the older one

i have a 2010 er6n and a 1994 cb400 and they are both good bikes

the cb400 feels smoother but the er6n has more guts and you have to be a bit more careful with it ,the brakes on the er6n could be larger

for the weight of the thing

I agree wasn't comparing was just saying that after my ride of all the new models mentioned they were a major let down. Maybe i had a bad lot or something who knows

i havent tested the 2012 er6n but some guys own one say its got more torque in the mid range and also better than the older one

the cb400 feels smoother but the er6n has more guts and you have to be a bit more careful with it ,the brakes on the er6n could be larger

I must of had a donkey one cause it was just very lazy. Didn't wanna respond is what it felt like and something about the seating position too i think. But after reading ya comments think i better have another look ;)

I must of had a donkey one cause it was just very lazy. Didn't wanna respond is what it felt like and something about the seating position too i think. But after reading ya comments think i better have another look wink.png

Are you sure it was a 2012? My 2011, was very flat low-down. The 2012 I had was very responsive.

I must of had a donkey one cause it was just very lazy. Didn't wanna respond is what it felt like and something about the seating position too i think. But after reading ya comments think i better have another look wink.png

The 2012 EX650 has been tuned for more torque than the previous model and I could definitely feel it when I took a friends 2012 ER6n around BIRA for a few laps-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iUUkzS-fAY&context=C3ce409aADOEgsToPDskIeN3j4g2zcffq4eEDJb7hr

While I do prefer the sound of an inline 4 (just listen to the beautiful SCREAM of the 2012 ZX10R at :26 in the vid above) the Honda CB400 is down on power and about equal in weight to the ER6n. The better performance plus cheap and easy access to service and parts definitely puts the Kwacker 650 ahead of the CB400 in my book :)

Edited by BigBikeBKK

The 2012 EX650 has been tuned for more torque than the previous model and I could definitely feel it when I took a friends 2012 ER6n around BIRA for a few laps-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iUUkzS-fAY&context=C3ce409aADOEgsToPDskIeN3j4g2zcffq4eEDJb7hr

While I do prefer the sound of an inline 4 (just listen to the beautiful SCREAM of the 2012 ZX10R at :26 in the vid above) the Honda CB400 is down on power and about equal in weight to the ER6n. The better performance plus cheap and easy access to service and parts definitely puts the Kwacker 650 ahead of the CB400 in my book

And i have to agree you have a valid point. But the heads,cams and the rest of the goodies at least get me back up on the performance side at least :P

In stock form the new 150 is better. But the old model has much more potential for modification and is so much lighter, once modified it can stay toe to toe with a CBR 250, and annihilate the new 150 in every range. However i think its time i got back on a 400-600.... cool.png ....i get teased about chasing finos way too much...lol

In stock form the new 150 is better. But the old model has much more potential for modification and is so much lighter, once modified it can stay toe to toe with a CBR 250, and annihilate the new 150 in every range. However i think its time i got back on a 400-600.... cool.png ....i get teased about chasing finos way too much...lol

Even in stability?

theres a guy here who owns/owned them both and he wrote a good report on why the new one is better and listed al the improvements of it but i forget wht thread it was posted in

the new one feels more solid on the road ,i would prefer it that weight ,maybe change the heavy exhaust for something lighter but apart from that ,i would take the new one every time

uses hardly any gas as well i hear from a thai man i work with ,with the new PGMFI system its as cheap to run as his old fino he reckons ! :)

Even in stability?

New tires and rider ability...ive never had a problem with stability even at 150 kph +....the wind starts to give you a beating at 130kph, but after you ride at that speed often on the old 150, you get use to it and it doesn't bother you much.

99% of people that say the bike isnt stable at those speeds are running stock bikes with lethargic torque over 120kph. Making the bike feel weak and unstable. Once some work is done to increase torque at higher speeds, stability is much better because your less subject to differences in wind resistance and plow through it.

New tires and rider ability...ive never had a problem with stability even at 150 kph +....the wind starts to give you a beating at 130kph, but after you ride at that speed often on the old 150, you get use to it and it doesn't bother you much.

99% of people that say the bike isnt stable at those speeds are running stock bikes with lethargic torque over 120kph. Making the bike feel weak and unstable. Once some work is done to increase torque at higher speeds, stability is much better because your less subject to differences in wind resistance and plow through it.

... end of the day.....no matter what riding ability or power gain you imagine to have... any 150cc 4 stroke is a complete dog coffee1.gif........unless you're a spotty 17-18 yo

Edited by William Osborne

I think most people who would consider a 400 would rather get a 650 for a similar price. I don't see Honda selling a 400 here.

Agree about the CBR150, it is slow and boring and shouldn't be in this topic.

Seems that every time I come back to this thread in the hope of finding out some info on the rumoured 400 all I find is crap on Kwak 650's or drivel about the cbr150.

How about posting in the relevant forums if you have something to say about thise bikes?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Mebbe cuz the Kwacker 650 and Honda 150 actually exist, while the rumor about a new Honda 400 is completely unsubstantiated...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that every time I come back to this thread in the hope of finding out some info on the rumoured 400 all I find is crap on Kwak 650's or drivel about the cbr150.

How about posting in the relevant forums if you have something to say about thise bikes?

Mebbe cuz the Kwacker 650 and Honda 150 actually exist, while the rumor about a new Honda 400 is completely unsubstantiated...

Umm, you do realize that this is a thread about the a rumoured 400? rolleyes.gif

And that there are threads for both the leg-cooking 650 and the CBR150 already? passifier.gif

I think if they are ridiculous enough to sell a 150 and a 250 that look almost exactly alike, with only a small price difference between the two.

A 400 may not be unheard of.

I was in a dealership and they had the white 2012 CBR150, I asked how much out of interest, 90,000thb, so more expensive than 1 year old 250s. I agree it's an odd move.

I too have been told by head-dealers that there will be a new 400 produced here within a year, mainly for the Japanese market, but also likely to be sold through the Big Bike Wing.

Edited by strollling

90k is ridiculous for a 150cc cbr ,i thought they were 76,000 around christmas time ?

there is piles of cbr 250's on the classifieds market , 80,000k sometimes with 2000-3000 km

there is a nice d-tracker and a ninja 250cc for around 120,000 also ,and if your budget can stretch

there is kawasaki 650 for 165k ,but its ghastly orange though , i couldnt appreciate that bike until it was

painted but thats not expensive in thai :)

So why do all honda dealers say its coming?

i love kwakas as well but we all agree 555

a 400 honda will be better.

When i first came here the biggest bike(new) for

sale was a honda 150 phantom .... then the 200cc.

thats when kwaka came in and stole the market for

good .Now i think honda wants some of the action BACK.

we all love our bikes and the more choice we have the better

for all of US.

ps cbr rule.

• 3 weeks later...

I rememeber sometime prior to the release of the new CBR 150 everyone on here saying that there was going to be a streamlining of models and no way that they were going to release a new bike. Even Richard was adament it wasn't going to happen.

I went and asked the owner of the local Honda dealer I have been visisting for years and he staright off the bat said new one on the way 100% he'd seen it already at one of the dealer invites. Sure enough it was on the shop floor some months later.

OP, I'll go and ask him sometime this week about a 400 and let you know what he says.

• Like 1

bunch of noobiees.... 150-650 is a little toy for little girlies dont u tink?

whay dont u all get a sccoppy or flora, just for u

im waiting for hayabusa to be available for a rental dawwwg or tmax

Edited by gravion

Good for you....???

wow! Can't spell, sexist and need a bigger engine to offset the smallness of your manhood. You're a fine catch aren't you darlin'.

• Like 2

I saw your post about wanting a T-Max, and i quote....

'hehehe i saw a lovely tmax today but 500K baht....

but the dealer said i could test drive it except on sundays....

so im gonna ride it like i stole it and no intention of buying it .... hehehehe.....

seriously 500K for that???? 200k might be ok though...'

While i'm at it, good luck on the Hayabusa, i quote yet again from a 650 thread.

'possibly 4000+ rpm and shifting down will cause wobble..... i tried relasing the clutch slowly, but somes wobble wooble happens... im scared,

what does twin mean?

i luv revving hard on 2nd 3rd gear and letting the throttle off... pop pop pop wuuunn..... brooom..... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENEN>>........ wunnnn..... pop pop popp..... brrrooom.... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN...... broom brooom.... pop pop pop... wuuuun.............'

Edited by karlos

even the jet ski renters at pattaya would say no to you :D

• 4 weeks later...