BANGKOK 20 May 2019 13:51
Sign in to follow this  
thaivisitor

You Should Drop By Hatyai

The thread starter mentioned there are many tour companies. Is there any website on tour companies in Hat Yai where basically I can rent a car or van with a driver who is able to drive me whole day round to Places I want to go/

Expect the taxi drivers still hang in the coffee shop next to Kings Hotel and several other locations. They can be rented to go to Penang or border or whatever you want. Share taxi is the normal transport but even they can be rented for whatever you want if you are willing to pay for it. Also expect many of the tour offices (where vans leave to Malaysia) have van and driver available. Hat Yai is a tourist town - although targeted to Singapore and Malaysia and not web based.

If the intent of the terrorists is to discourage tourism, it worked, at least for me. There is not enough there to encourage me to ignore the fact that there are bombs planted and one could never totally relax. I prefer the Andaman side better anyways.

We know of the problem, but I guess we cant say much but assure you that the city's safe from terrorism.

I've been here for at least 4-5 years and it's pretty alright here, minus Westerners who speaks proper English.

All I meet are Malaysian, Indonesian or Singaporean who speaks in a different accent.

No-one mentioned the great little hilltop restaurant in Hat Yai Municipal Park.

I know the park pretty well but haven't come across this . . . could you please describe whereabouts?

Hatyai – anxiously referred to as the Land of Dreams where local women from all over Thailand come to seek better lives and men from all over South East Asia come to have their sorry hearts broken.

Hatyai – eagerly referred to as the Anchor of Activities where sex is as common as shopping and visiting massage parlors is as common as visiting temples.

Hatyai - jokingly referred to as the City of Fakes where men wear fake Rolex watches, fake Dunhill belts and fake Bally shoes while women carry fake Louis Vutton bags, wear fake Channel blouses, fake Levis jeans and put on fake Christian Dior perfumes. To say the extreme, you can even find women with "fake" beauty, from their nose jobs to their double eyelids, from their breasts to their private parts. Even virginity can be faked!

Being the third largest city in Thailand and one of the most common getaway for Asians, it is a pity that Hatyai has never been listed as a tourist destination for the Western tourists.

never gonna get the western travellers in there numbers because theres no beach ,only in name :o

I enjoy mooching round Thailand on buses and trains and have had a couple of enjoyable 2/3 night stops in Hat Yai usually staying at the Kings Hotel. But I have also been recommended the guest house on the "main road" - (can't remember the name) above some shops, just near the station, better and cheaper they tell me.

Anyone stayed there?

Hatyai – anxiously referred to as the Land of Dreams where local women from all over Thailand come to seek better lives and men from all over South East Asia come to have their sorry hearts broken.

Hatyai – eagerly referred to as the Anchor of Activities where sex is as common as shopping and visiting massage parlors is as common as visiting temples.

Hatyai - jokingly referred to as the City of Fakes where men wear fake Rolex watches, fake Dunhill belts and fake Bally shoes while women carry fake Louis Vutton bags, wear fake Channel blouses, fake Levis jeans and put on fake Christian Dior perfumes. To say the extreme, you can even find women with "fake" beauty, from their nose jobs to their double eyelids, from their breasts to their private parts. Even virginity can be faked!

Being the third largest city in Thailand and one of the most common getaway for Asians, it is a pity that Hatyai has never been listed as a tourist destination for the Western tourists.

Yes I know I lived there for 1 year it was the year they put the bomb in the railway and blew it to hel_l,and everything you say is pretty much on the money,but I think the most important thing that you forgot to mention is how close it is to the border FOR THE 15 DAY VISA RUNS.....