Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

Norwegian man confesses to "accidentally killing" Phuket girlfriend

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12452MXAGEIORiISEglaXZjLhAHTAqN.jpg

Dokset has confessed to "accidentally killing' his girlfriend of nine years. Her body was found decomposing in a trash bin locked away in the downstairs bathroom. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

phuket-4-12452GQmAQCxVLBEyqnjxpTasIHhMvc.jpg

Alleged victim, Rungnapa Suktong (left).

PHUKET: -- The Norwegian man arrested last night after the gruesome remains of a human body were found in his Phuket home has confessed to “accidentally killing” Rungnapa Suktong, his girlfriend of nine years.

Stein Havard Dokset, a 50-year-old retired car dealer from Oslo, Norway confessed to officers at Chalong Police Station today.

“I did it, but it was an accident,” he said.

“We had an argument. She pushed me and then I pushed her, and she fell down the stairs. I checked her pulse and she was not breathing… I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, so I hid her body,” he told police.

Mr Dokset was arrested at his house off Soi Koktanode in Kata last night when officers from Crime Suppression Division, Sub Division 5, in Bangkok, arrived in force along with Chalong Police and Phuket Provincial Police.

About 20 officers were involved in the raid, the Phuket Gazette was told.

The raid was coordinated after a tip-off from a Bangkok law firm who were working on a missing person report filed by Mrs Rungnapa’s family in Surat Thani two years ago.

She was last seen a year before her family reported her as missing, said Pol Col Atip Tannin, superintendent of Crime Suppression Division Subdivision 5, who led the raid on the house.

In the downstairs bathroom, which was locked, police found a plastic trash bin belonging to Karon Municipality.

Inside the bin police found pieces of flesh and a hip bone they believed were human. The flesh was so decayed that police could not learn any more from their gruesome discovery.

The officers immediately dispatched the remains to Surat Thani for examination last night.

The results, returned today, confirmed their fears: the flesh and bone were human.

The coroner in Surat Thani also reported that the decay of the remains had been accelerated by some form of acid.

The coroner is now conducting DNA tests to confirm whether or not the remains are those of Mrs Rungnapa, police said.

Police also found in the bathroom a woman’s purse, one 9mm pistol and 58 bullets.

A check of the registered owner of the gun confirmed that it belonged to Mrs Rungnapa.

Police officers then scoured the house for more clues, including a pump room. Believing that more remains might have been hidden in the septic tank, police ordered for the tank to be emptied.

A search of the tank’s contents, however, revealed nothing other than the obvious.

Parichat Sriraksa, a 30-year-old cousin of Mrs Rungnapa, told the Gazette that Mrs Rungnapa worked as a maid in Patong.

“She was Mr Dokset’s girlfriend for nine years. They lived together in his house for six years,” she said.

Mrs Rungnapa left Mr Dokset and started a relationship with a new boyfriend, a police officer in Patong. The policeman – who police have yet to name – and Mrs Rungnapa married and had one son, but Mrs Rungnapa sent her son to stay with her family in Surat Thani, Miss Parichat explained.

Mrs Rungnapa, who on marriage stopped using her maiden name Ratsombat and assumed her policeman husband’s family name Suktong, was reported missing one year after she left Mr Dokset, which was more than two years ago, said Miss Parichat.

“Rungnapa had two other sons, 12 and 14 years old, both of whom are from her marriage from before she met Mr Dokset or the policeman,” she said.

Those sons and more than 10 relatives from Surat Thani were at the house today.

“We had reported Rungnapa as missing to the Patong Police before,” Miss Parichat said.

“We always suspected that she was murdered. We saw blood stains in her car when the bank came to repossess it after no payments were made since she went missing,” she added.

“Patong police promised to take care of the case, but they didn’t really take any action. So we decided to ask for help from the media and everyone else we could possibly get. Finally we got Crime Suppression Division to help find my cousin,” Miss Parichat said.

Mr Dokset initially denied the charges against him.

Up until his confession this afternoon, Mr Dokset was being held on charges of hiding the body and possession of a firearm, Chalong Police confirmed.

He said knew nothing about the body parts in his house, Chalong Police told the Gazette this morning.

Mr Dokset also debunked reports that he was a doctor. He told police that he went to a medical school for two years, but did not graduate.

During his time in Phuket, Mr Dokset rented out his own properties for income.

Police are continuing their investigation to gather more evidence in the case.

Souce: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12452.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-02-29

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it the water or some kind of electromagnetic force field in the area? When was the last time a week went by when a farang was not involved in accidental or criminal violence, either as perpetrator or victim?

Indeed, the spate of "farang" related crimes is very much interesting.

Whatever happened to the Thai related crimes?

Or is it simply a crackdown on farang?

The guy is known in the street as totaly crazy. He has a fighter-dog, been in many unfresh businesses.

He really has a very bad reputation! How I know? Well all this has been developing in front of me, as I am renting a holiday bungalow in front of his place. Police around for 2 days, and stupid audience looking in front of the house to catch a glimpse on what is happening. If the guy would have start shooting , they would have been able to catch a bullet.

Now finally finished, but again, the guy has a very bad reputation and has been involved in nasty business do not feel sorry for him.

• Like 1

Once again, the reporting is lacking somewhere.

First we read:

“We had an argument. She pushed me and then I pushed her, and she fell down the stairs. I checked her pulse and she was not breathing… I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, so I hid her body,” he [Dokset] told police."

Then, later in the article:

"He said [he] knew nothing about the body parts in his house, Chalong Police told the Gazette this morning."

What gives?

• Like 1

There are hundreds of crimes and probably a murder a day but is random and uninteresting, or a journalist hasn't been at the crime scene in time. Listening to the police and rescue radio's each day I would say that this estimate is about right (probably under-quoted).

News reports on this website are farang related because... farang read it:) Only the more gory or interesting Thai stories are ever translated. But if you are really interested then just buy a Thai newspaper and see it everyday. These are the crimes that have been solved or witnessed, Im sure there are many that will never come to light.

Of interest in this story is the blood stained car, the fact that the girl had a gun and an interesting life.... wonder if there is another body around somewhere:/

• Like 1

Clearly 2 separate events, one was an accident and the other a mystery.

First we read:

“We had an argument. She pushed me and then I pushed her, and she fell down the stairs. I checked her pulse and she was not breathing… I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, so I hid her body,” he [Dokset] told police."

"He said [he] knew nothing about the body parts in his house, Chalong Police told the Gazette this morning."

What gives?

Not wishing to go off-topic but can't help noticing that majority of 'breaking' stories from News Editor of late revolve around Phuket. Is there a hidden message somewhere? Thailand's a big country.

• Like 1

First we read:

What gives?

Reread the report. Up until he confessed he said he "knew nothing about the body parts in his house." He changed his story once he confessed to “We had an argument. She pushed me and then I pushed her, and she fell down the stairs. I checked her pulse and she was not breathing… I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, so I hid her body,”

Most crime is commiterd by non-Thais

<a%20href=

No, but a lot of times farang is the cliënt. But in Phuket there are a lot of jealousy murders. You do wrong to a business and you can be on the list. But the hitman are Thai. Here it looks more then a relation drama. But normally it is the farang murdered, because he stand in the way of a business or a Thai man

• Like 1

is it really katabeachbum?

wll miss him posting his same reused pickup picture in every post

its weird according to his post he had a respectable gf/wife which he just bought a new car and bike for.. only 6months together? seems like he was a compulsive liar then

Edited by thaiIand