Hong Kong Chinese Cheap Restaurant At Pattaya

frankxxxxxxxxxx

This place is so good and i want to share because I don't want it closes too fast because the owner is not good at marketing ;-)

So you should go and eat there because it's so good, and it will still be opened next time I want to go !

Cheap keans 60thb for fresh dumpling and 130thb for ribs !

Enjoy...

------

------ SENT FROM MOBILE

------

post-124683-133053237029_thumb.jpg

Indeed there is an existing thread.

As far as their marketing, baby steps might be in order, such as actually consistently opening during their posted business hours. Daily from 5 PM, closed Mondays.

The good food and fair prices should do the rest.

While it is a Pattaya restaurant, maybe the mention here will expose it to a greater market, such as Bangkok people. Yes, it is good enough that even "spoiled" Bangkokians will appreciate it.

Edited by Jingthing

These people do not need money, their restaurant is so often closed that I won't go there even if the food is good.

Anyway who would invest a lot of money in a country that they don't know much, just as they did ? People who don't need to earn more...

I tend to agree with your feelings here. If I go to a restaurant several times only to find it not open when they say they should be I start to think they don't need my money either. Certainly, anyone that is in a business to make money is going to respect their customers enough to open and stay open during all posted business hours. Of course there are always special circumstances that might have them closed unexpectedly but I would at least hope they put up some sort of notice to anyone stopping by during that period.

Having been a business owner I'm more than aware of how important it is to take care of your customers. Positive word of mouth and repeat business is something I would think all business owners would want.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pao is a lot cheaper than the one at Jomtien and a lot nicer.

At Jomtien only dumplings are worh the price (80 thb).

Why none of the food 'experts' here is able to explain this clearly?

------

------ SENT FROM MOBILE

------

They serve entirely different styles of Chinese food (except for a tiny number of dish overlaps). What additional information would you like, Sir? Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

The Jomtien place is a dirty place that sells Chinese food at horrendous price.

You can call it different as much as you like but for most of the people it's just overpriced Chinese food, especially compared to Pao restaurant that is nice and sells good food for cheap.

It's not the ingredients at Jomtien place that makes the food expensive, it's just a decision, and if Pao was selling it, it would be a lot cheaper.

Now wondering when Pao will be opened again, as this restaurant seems to always be closed !

Edited by Soboringtochooseaname

• 1 month later...

The Jomtien place is a dirty place that sells Chinese food at horrendous price.

You can call it different as much as you like but for most of the people it's just overpriced Chinese food, especially compared to Pao restaurant that is nice and sells good food for cheap.

It's not the ingredients at Jomtien place that makes the food expensive, it's just a decision, and if Pao was selling it, it would be a lot cheaper.

Now wondering when Pao will be opened again, as this restaurant seems to always be closed !

It was closed before and after Songkran, open now, except for Mondays, yes sometimes late in opening so I tell my Frugal Freddy group that the hours are from 5:30pm to 12pm. Wonderful HK Chinese food, my favorite is the sweet and sour soup with gouza, wonderful or the fried beef pies. Many other menu items guaranteed to impress.

Try it and post you comments here. They are an official Frugal Freddy Restaurant.

The soup is actually HOT and sour soup, not sweet and sour soup and the wonderful dumpling on the menu is referred to as Chinese ravioli. Yes, an excellent dish ... and low priced as well. Life is good!

BTW, there are two sweet and sour dishes on the menu as well:

Deep fried pork ribs in the "My Kitchen" savory sweet and sour sauce

Battered grouper fillet of fish in sweet and sour sauce (or Sweet and Sour Fish if you like)

Haven't tried either as yet but the fish is in the Chinese style as opposed to the Thai Chinese style so common here in ... Thailand

Edited by Jingthing