BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
elwood

Central Shopping Plaza Ubon

Don't bother with Sapphasit Rd. Entering/exiting via the ring road was much quicker.

Oh wow, those pictures are crazy, thanks! They need to get some landscaping around there :D

I saw a sign for "Ubon Aquarium" outside. Did I miss that? I hope that by aquarium they didn't mean that crappy fish pond in the mall with only 3 small windows in it.

post-103222-0-63175700-1365206538_thumb.post-103222-0-13636400-1365206546_thumb.post-103222-0-85903700-1365206554_thumb.post-103222-0-12136900-1365206561_thumb.post-103222-0-93620000-1365206567_thumb.post-103222-0-37964400-1365206578_thumb.post-103222-0-75207400-1365206588_thumb.post-103222-0-84509000-1365206598_thumb.

I keep on hoping that Sizzler will appear in Ubon; maybe this time at the Central Plaza?

(Hope this doesn't start a flood of negative Sizzler comments, which would surely happen on the Pattaya or General forums!)

Its there, 3rd floor along with every sushi restaurant name in Thailand. Was there today and the experience wasn't really that bad. Sign entering states "No Double Parking", Well, double parking was everywhere. Both sides of the lane in the parking garage. Exiting was pretty uneventful except for the kilometer or so you have to travel to do a "U" turn to come back to town.

Have the huge crowds died down? Has the new mall begun to be part of the routine of living in Ubon yet? I'm looking forward to seeing it on our next visit.

Not even close. Packed beyond belief. Give it another couple weeks and we'll have a better idea.

I'm happy with this mall. Has all the basic shops you could want and it's not a confusing building.

Edited by ubonrthai

Be careful on the ring road and doing u-turns. I've seen 5 accidents in one week out front. Witnessed a motorbike just miss getting hit and falling into the median. The other 4 I just came upon the emergency vehicles. 2 people died last night.

There is a Post Office open everyday, including Sundays and holidays at Central. It's in the middle of the underground parking next to the basement escalators. Very handy.

AIS has moved office location from Chayangkun rd to Central Plaza close to DTAC and True!

Mini bank branches on 3rd floor for about every bank there is.

Was there on a Saturday and it was a bit crowded but not that bad.

I was surprised though about how much business just about every restaurant had. Some were packed.

Must be sucking in footfall from a very large geographical area. I guess you would have to go 250k to find another collection of stores that are inter-walkable (I'm assuming Khon Khaen and Korat have similar). No doubt there will be lots of pai-theeow window shoppers for products but you can't too easily window shop food!