BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
elwood

Central Shopping Plaza Ubon

What about my Marmite ? Anyone found any, anywhere in Ubon. Please thumbsup.gif

Yeah we need a Villa Market in Ubon.

In the meantime you can always order Marmite and whatever else you are missing from this company; http://www.buntersfoodsbkk.com/order.html

125g for 170 baht is steep, but how much do you miss it?? Villa in BKK sell the 250g for 280 baht and I bought a few of them over the 3 months we were just there, I was pretty devastated when the bag broke and the first big jar I bought smashed on our condo reception floor!

w00t.gif .

Thanks for the info. thumbsup.gif

^ no need to order - it is at central in Ubon already.

Where, still trying to communicate with the mrs about info here. Weeeeeeell, l am near to cutting my throat as l am still trying to get my PC fixed with the same crap communication via the mrs and the PC ''experts'' that require a holiday somewhere to fix it. I am in kill mode at present. w00t.gif I think I am joking, but.....................................whistling.gif .

Where, still trying to communicate with the mrs about info here. Weeeeeeell, l am near to cutting my throat as l am still trying to get my PC fixed with the same crap communication via the mrs and the PC ''experts'' that require a holiday somewhere to fix it. I am in kill mode at present. w00t.gif I think I am joking, but.....................................whistling.gif .

I found Marmite today!!

Tops, aisle 4, in among the various peanut butters. 250g for 289 baht. I think that is only 4 baht more than Villa in BKK.

Right, that's one check off the list. Now, any news on that Bangkok Hospital or the new International School??

Where, still trying to communicate with the mrs about info here. Weeeeeeell, l am near to cutting my throat as l am still trying to get my PC fixed with the same crap communication via the mrs and the PC ''experts'' that require a holiday somewhere to fix it. I am in kill mode at present. Posted Image I think I am joking, but.....................................Posted Image .

Do you take requests?

Does anyone know whether i can buy a prepaid telephone card at this centre ( the type with a pin number which i can use from a thai mobile phone to call overseas,

By the way, i still have'nt figured out how to start a new topic. if anyone can help, that would be great.

Does anyone know whether i can buy a prepaid telephone card at this centre ( the type with a pin number which i can use from a thai mobile phone to call overseas,

By the way, i still have'nt figured out how to start a new topic. if anyone can help, that would be great.

Go to the Isaan Forum main page, you should this on the right hand side -

Click this and you get -

Posting a New Topic in Isaan Forum

Bob's your uncle mate, away you go.

Yes, you can buy telephone cards at Tops Supermarket.

One disappointing aspect about Central Plaza which is quite Western oriented, is that they do not have movies in English. Sunee no longer show movies with English soundtrack and I thought SF Cinema at Central would. There have been some good movies in the past 6 months and almost none in English.sad.png

I went to the SF Cinema at Central Ubon today, found the whole experience superb. Extremely comfortable seats, perfect sound, AC not too cold, very professionally organised.

The one downside is that I have now been asked to grow a beard by my wife. The movie we saw was "Wolverine" and she said that with my shirt off I looked like Hugh Jackman.smile.png

One disappointing aspect about Central Plaza which is quite Western oriented, is that they do not have movies in English. Sunee no longer show movies with English soundtrack and I thought SF Cinema at Central would. There have been some good movies in the past 6 months and almost none in English.sad.png

I went to the SF Cinema at Central Ubon today, found the whole experience superb. Extremely comfortable seats, perfect sound, AC not too cold, very professionally organised.

The one downside is that I have now been asked to grow a beard by my wife. The movie we saw was "Wolverine" and she said that with my shirt off I looked like Hugh Jackman.smile.png

With English soundtrack??

With English soundtrack??

No mate; pretty basic Thai though, easily understood.

Saw "Yaem Yasothon 3" at Central today WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES!!!!.

Your respective wives, girlfriends, Mothers-in law, children will love it, had me in stitches.

Mum Jokmok is a genius; get amongst it!! Enjoy!!

Thanks for the information Patriot. I thought the first Yaem was very funny, second quite good; and I think Mum Jokmok is a very funny and talented performer.

I'll get there during the second week; hope they will still be showing some with sub-titles.

Elwood