Central Shopping Plaza Ubon

elwood

The Conjuring is showing at Central's Major Cineplex in soundtrack.

Apologies if this isn't news, only I haven't noticed any English soundtrack films there previously. If this is the first, then I hope it will lead to more.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apologies if this isn't news, only I haven't noticed any English soundtrack films there previously. If this is the first, then I hope it will lead to more.

What's the price of a movie there?

Thanks

That's the 3rd one I've noticed since opening. Won't be seeing this one though. Hopefully White House Down will be in English next week on the 29th.

Does it matter; it's the cost of the popcorn and pepsi you wants to worry about!!!

Just go and enjoy yoourself

Your right it doesn't matter. I was just curious what I movie costs these days. For the most part I prefer to watch movies at home these days but I do like to see a few movies with that movie theatre experience with the obligatory drink and popcorn of course!

• 1 month later...

Am I the only Ubonite who does not celebrate the arrival of out of town shopping malls and does not welcome the desertification of Sunee Plaza? I guess Americans will welcome Ubon becoming like a heartless Office Park that many of their mid Western and Southern cities tend to have become.

Once the Ubon development bubble bursts we will be left with 2 poorly stocked Robinsons, 3 poorly stocked Big Buys etc instead of one properly stocked centrally located store of each major retailer. It's not as though these malls offer so much space to individual retailers such that the consumer gets better choice.

Out of town stores were an invention to suit retail corporations and their investors, not consumers. Don't get me wrong - I'm a red in tooth capitalist and no greeny bearded wonder - just think that this 20th century invention is a pox on the development of real communities.

smile.png

• Like 1

I like Sunee and I hope it doesn't become deserted!

I was in Sunnee Plaza yesterday - which prompted my post. The tech market on the top floor is shedding shops at the rate of at least one a week I reckon - looks a sorry state already. I was looking for an HDMI cable consolidator (two HDMI sockets in the back of my new TV is one too few). Of the three shops I might have expected to hold the item, one had gone and the other two said "mot".

After trawling Ubon (mot at BigC too) I came to the conclusion I have to buy at Phantip Bangkok or online. That might have been the answer a year ago as well of course but it did get me thinking about whether the increasing population of Ubon is actually going to bring an increasing availability of choice for the lesser volume products or just more volume of exactly the same stuff in all the shops, which seems to be the Thai way. Unfortunately malls bring conformity, not choice. In the UK, Thialand US and alomst anywhere else I find them a depressing in the extreme retail experience, other than for eating and movies.

Sunnee does not seem to be shedding its eating places nor the cinema, so maybe it can reinvent itself. I hope it does so by encouraging independent and slightly unusual retailers to join rather than the same old same old national chains.

I like Sunee and I hope it doesn't become deserted!

I was in Sunnee Plaza yesterday - which prompted my post. The tech market on the top floor is shedding shops at the rate of at least one a week I reckon - looks a sorry state already. I was looking for an HDMI cable consolidator (two HDMI sockets in the back of my new TV is one too few). Of the three shops I might have expected to hold the item, one had gone and the other two said "mot".

After trawling Ubon (mot at BigC too) I came to the conclusion I have to buy at Phantip Bangkok or online. That might have been the answer a year ago as well of course but it did get me thinking about whether the increasing population of Ubon is actually going to bring an increasing availability of choice for the lesser volume products or just more volume of exactly the same stuff in all the shops, which seems to be the Thai way. Unfortunately malls bring conformity, not choice. In the UK, Thialand US and alomst anywhere else I find them a depressing in the extreme retail experience, other than for eating and movies.

Sunnee does not seem to be shedding its eating places nor the cinema, so maybe it can reinvent itself. I hope it does so by encouraging independent and slightly unusual retailers to join rather than the same old same old national chains.

To many PC shops selling the same thing in Sunee, daft really. sad.png