Central Shopping Plaza Ubon

elwood

You know what we are going to say, don't you? Use a map!!

Get a free one in the Tourist Office on ...... that road that turns left off th ..... aaagh I give up if you're not going to use a mapwai.gif

And yes, within a month of being in Ubon, everyone in the world knows where Sappasit Road is!!

After all the crap you gave me, it turns out that the first place I said Central was going to be IS where it is going to be. It's on the ring road out towards HomeHub when you turn off of the road that has HomeMart on it. Thanks for all the local knowledge and help.

But I still dont know which road is Sappasit!! smile.png

You may have been winding me up just as much as I wound you up, but if not here's a clue.

Turn right at the first lights after you exit the airport. Go as far as you can until you hit a T junction - past Peppers and the aircraft on stilts, crossing over the big road that runs up from Warin to Amnat, past the small karaoke bar on the left with a ship pub signboard (and fairy grotto lights at night) and past a row of restaurants on the left. At the said T junction turn left. You are now on a divided highway (US) / dual carriageway (UK). It soon converts back to two-way traffic. Turn first possible right (it's at the second lights to save you any embarrassing failed attempts at the first lights). You are now on the westernmost reaches of Sapphasit road heading for the site of the new mall. Keep going straight along Sapphasit through the high school zone, trying not to knock the girlies off their scooters (no mean feat). Keep going until you cross a set of lights (turn left if you fancy a beer at Enjoy), then cross a river and pass a driving range and a larger modern karaoke bar, until you reach the spot where lorries are tipping thousands of tons of river bottom clay to support the emerging car parks. Don't turn right when you hit the next T junction at the end of Sapphasit Road!

Easy when you don't have a map I guess.wai.gif

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ubon's largest and government hospital. Now what was the name again?

From outside the main entrance, go west and you will eventually end up at the ring road.

I wonder if this helps? coffee1.gif

I may be incorrect, but if you go "east" I believe you end up at the ring road aswellgiggle.gif

Ubon's largest and government hospital. Now what was the name again?

From outside the main entrance, go west and you will eventually end up at the ring road.

I wonder if this helps? coffee1.gif

I may be incorrect, but if you go "east" I believe you end up at the ring road aswellgiggle.gif

Yes Patriot you are correct, but then you would have to leave the mystery road, and end up far away from the in the future not so central Central. laugh.png

Edited by bergen

Got this the other day.

"Thank you for your suggestion, our Sizzler team is considering proposal of the new site project (Ubon Ratchathani) but cannot confirm you that we will open there.

But you can enjoy Sizzler at Udonthani, Khonkaen and Nakonratchasrima in northeast area of Thailand.

Regards,

Natty

Kirana Roekbangplad

Assistant Marketing Manager

Tel: 662 381 5123-32 ext: 233

Fax: 662 391- 7334

E-mail: [email protected]

Edited by ubonrthai

Got this the other day.

"Thank you for your suggestion, our Sizzler team is considering proposal of the new site project (Ubon Ratchathani) but cannot confirm you that we will open there.

But you can enjoy Sizzler at Udonthani, Khonkaen and Nakonratchasrima in northeast area of Thailand.

Regards,

Natty

Kirana Roekbangplad

Assistant Marketing Manager

Tel: 662 381 5123-32 ext: 233

Fax: 662 391- 7334

E-mail: [email protected]

Your efforts are appreciated, especially by my granddaughter!wai.gif

It's something that at least it is being considered; I have also sent an email so, after being flooded by two requests from hungry expats, maybe that will convince them eh?

KunMatt forget all those fancy dirrections and just follow the trail of dirt left by the hundreds of trucks filling the site. Failing that take a hot air balloon ride, you cant miss the huge area being filled. Wonder where all that flood water will go now.

KunMatt forget all those fancy dirrections and just follow the trail of dirt left by the hundreds of trucks filling the site. Failing that take a hot air balloon ride, you cant miss the huge area being filled. Wonder where all that flood water will go now.

Yeah, its being built in the first place I said it was weeks ago.

Cheers.

Based on my rather sketchy knowledge of Ubon I gather from those posts that the new Central Mall will be on the road that leads out to HomeHub, is that right?

Correct. Went past yesterday. It's opposite Ratchathani University. The land they're shifting and building up is huge.

• 3 weeks later...

Another e-mail today.

"Thank you so much for your feedback, we as Sizzler team will consider this site whether we have potential to open our restaurant there.

Regards,

Natty

Kirana Roekbangplad

Assistant Marketing Manager"

What about daidomon? Anyone know if they have any plans to come to Ubon. I love their BBQ smile.png

Forget that stuff, a Whopper With Cheese OR 3 BigMacs really is more important. licklips.gif Forget the fries eh.biggrin.png

It will be a busy little stretch of road once it gets up and running. Local gossip has DoHome building a big new place same side of the road towards Home Hub.

The side road of the ring road should be raised if it is the location, it were flooded for a long time during the flooding.

• 1 month later...

It's going to be nuts. I don't see what they could possibly do considering how narrow it is. Maybe they could develop that Pramong Rd. that goes SW away from Rajabhat Campus. That's kind of an open area and would run right into the mall. Maybe there's something in the local Thai forums.

The section of Sappasit Road where Benjama High school is located has only two lanes and is jammed with cars during school hours. Will they make an alternate route from Ubon to Central plaza?

Here is an update on the new Central and some of the other projects going on around Ubon.

Thanks for the updates, you are doing a great job keeping us informed. Just one minor query though - according to Central Pattana's website, opening for the Plaza is still scheduled for April next year.

Let's hope that Sizzler's survey is showing positive for installing a noshery there!

Thanks for the correction. Just came across this link in BP too.

Yes, that was an interesting article - I see that they are quoting the expected influx of custom from Laos as reason for the project; this is also what inspired Central Pattana to build Central Plaza here. If they are correct then no doubt there will be even more large business groups building sites here in the not so distant future. Changing times for Ubon eh?

Have you any idea where Robinson plans to build its second store? If this has been reported previously my apologies for missing it!

The size of these malls are huge and I suspect way to large to be supported by Ubon alone. Does anyone think its going to attract people from other countries to come and shop here.

Is the area going to offer a special status or a economic zone for shoppers?

The size of these malls are huge and I suspect way to large to be supported by Ubon alone. Does anyone think its going to attract people from other countries to come and shop here.

Is the area going to offer a special status or a economic zone for shoppers?

I wonder myself. Even with the Ubon BigC and Tesco's my mrs says that folk come to look and enjoy aircon, a days holiday, BUT they do not buy anything, some do of course, but the majority. sad.png

I'm sure Central Pattana has done substantial market research and either sees a market or future market. I see tons of people buying things in Lotus and Big C. Both are packed. But without statistics it's anyone's guess. Would be very interesting to see some info on the local economy.

It kinds of remind me of the small towns in America where Mom and Pop shops were the rule, then Walmart would come to town and open up a superstore which bulldozed all the local competitors in town.

Maybe the Thai Govt. made Ubon the Hub of shopping. I find it hard to believe that the local people would be able to afford to shop

at such a place. I do hope it does succeed and help to create more jobs in the area.