Central Shopping Plaza Ubon

elwood

I don't live in Ubon, but have friends that do, so I go to visit sometimes.

Do you guys feel that the Central is located too far from central Ubon? What do you think will be built in that 3M/rai land? More commercial outlets and condos? Will the current central Ubon be called old-city and this area around Central will be the new happening area?

Just curious. I've seen this happen to a few small towns around where I live in the USA.

Not easy to locate Central more central..........biggrin.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to give you an idea of what Central is doing to the price of land. Across from Central, 9 rai recently sold for 35 million or about 3.9m/rai. Down the ring road a bit further, 100 rai is being advertised for 300 million or 3m/rai. That's a bargain! thumbsup.gif

These prices have been around for some time even before Central came into this area. I live just across the little Mun River from Central next to Huoi Muang, and land in my street sells for 8 m baht/rai (5,000 baht/m2). It is residential land with apartments being erected on a lot of the land. It appears that the demand for apartments from students at Radjaphat University, and other institutions has been driving prices up for a number of years.

Just to give you an idea of what Central is doing to the price of land. Across from Central, 9 rai recently sold for 35 million or about 3.9m/rai. Down the ring road a bit further, 100 rai is being advertised for 300 million or 3m/rai. That's a bargain! thumbsup.gif

Correction. They want 1,000,000,000 baht for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody answer my questions? Just looking for your personal opinions.

Do you feel that the Central is located too far from central Ubon?
What do you think will be built in the surrounding land? More commercial outlets and condos?

Will this area around Central transform into a new happening area?

Build it and they will come goes the saying right? I think it will do well on weekends and public holidays etc but will struggle during working hours due to it's location. Not the sort of place that you just 'drop in' for a few things.

There is supposedly a hotel going to be built right next door.

• Like 1

Build it and they will come goes the saying right? I think it will do well on weekends and public holidays etc but will struggle during working hours due to it's location. Not the sort of place that you just 'drop in' for a few things.

Drop the Mrs off for a few things and then pop round to see Louie for a few beers at N'Joy seems a pretty good afternoon's itinerary for me !!!

Drop the Mrs off for a few things and then pop round to see Louie for a few beers at N'Joy seems a pretty good afternoon's itinerary for me !!!

and can be done any day..................burp.gif

and can be done any day..................burp.gif

Except Mondays!!!

Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

Traffic jam from Central into downtown and from Central to Yasothon intersection. Avoid! We gave up and are headed home. Parking lots are full. Attendants have lost control. Double parking is all over the place.

Edited by ubonrthai

Yes but the steak at sizzler was worth it.

I went early in the day with the motorbike, so no problems with jams. Glad you enjoyed your steak - I had strict orders from wife and granddaughter - don't dare go to Sizzler until they are with me!

Now stand by mate for the "Sizzler is crap" mail!

I went early in the day with the motorbike, so no problems with jams. Glad you enjoyed your steak - I had strict orders from wife and granddaughter - don't dare go to Sizzler until they are with me!

Sizzler is CRAP, lol.

Sizzler is CRAP, lol.

Smartarse. Funny though. Congrats on the quick response, you cheeky git Oz!clap2.gif

Parking was a nightmare, the place was absolutely packed. I think the whole of ubon was there. I would go early in the morning opens 9 a.m. has the lot very impressed.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-103222-13651647080383_thumb.jpg

Some super famous TV personalities were there. I recognized them but couldn't give you a name. I'm guessing there will be another show again tomorrow. My favorite moment of the evening was seeing a grandma carrying her beetle nut basket through the mall. Definitely a different crowd from Bangkok malls. :)

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 1