Moving Question # 2

JohnRichard

:o Thanks for all the great advice and the fact that it was without desent makes it fairly clear that door-door service is prefrable to picking it up in Bangkok port.

We are not necessarily expecting to immediately having a place to rent upon arrival but expect to take a month or two, while in hotel or service apartment, to find the right rental. Expecting that our container will arrive before that takes place.

Question #2- Does CM have any the places where you rent a small garage like facilities for storing this stuff until we are ready to move it into our new home?

Thanks- JOHN

We're looking into the same thing but was wondering if it is possible to keep a container on a building site until the house is finished?

We kept al our worldly goods in two containers for almost three years. (We purchased the containers overseas and re-sold here. Sold for more than we bought them!)

You need to be sure they are TOTALLY weatherproof though ( :o ) and you must put some kind of sun protection over the top to stop the huge temperature fluctuations you can get in them.

I'm likely going to be in the same position when I ship next year - but the CM shipping agent I'll be using has offered me secure storage until I'm ready to move it into the house when I get it (renting). This also means that I can use his warehouse as the destination on the paperwork shipping ex-UK.

Can your chosen shipping agent not store it securely for you until you're ready to receive it?

I'm likely going to be in the same position when I ship next year - but the CM shipping agent I'll be using has offered me secure storage until I'm ready to move it into the house when I get it (renting). This also means that I can use his warehouse as the destination on the paperwork shipping ex-UK.

Can your chosen shipping agent not store it securely for you until you're ready to receive it?

How much stuff are you taking with you, Steve?

How much stuff are you taking with you, Steve?

Haven't calculated it exactly, yet - but I'm guesstimating about 30-40 boxes of books, CD's/albums, household/kitchen/personal stuff; and maybe a couple of items of furniture. Feels like it'll no way fill even a 20-foot container - but much more economical than sending as separate items.

I think I'm going to have big boot sale before I leave and just arrive in CNX with a couple of duffel bags  :D

Guess you're not married then :D

And I'm not married :D . Still trying to work out whether a partner would mean double the amount to bring or would discipline me enough to ditch a lot of the stuff and not bring so much. As it is, I know I'll be keeping E-Bay busy for a while as well as making my local charity shop happy........... :o