Dsl

chiangrai57020

What DSL providers are recommended for TT&T telephone numbers? What experiences have you had? Are you satisfied with the service provided? What is the cost of the service?

All responses are welcome. Recently 'purchased' a TT&T phone number and want to get connected via DSL network but haven't the foggiest idea as to who provides what and the reliability of their service.

Thanks.

Edited by chiangrai57020

What DSL providers are recommended for TT&T telephone numbers?  What experiences have you had?  Are you satisfied with the service provided?  What is the cost of the service?

All responses are welcome.  Recently 'purchased' a TT&T phone number and want to get connected via DSL network but haven't the foggiest idea as to who provides what and the reliability of their service.

Thanks.

Maxnet is 590+VATa mo. (256in/128out)

790+VATmo. (512in/256out)

Sometimes they have promotion to get modem free, if not got to buy.

You have to go TTT and tell them your house location, cuz you have to be within 4K of some kind of box to work properly.

Mine is deteriating some-not max speed all the time, and more out/in occurances.

I have the 256/128 conxn from TT&T and apart from the perhaps once a week that it takes me say 1/2 hour to connect( I can only assume that there is some sort of maintenance going on) it`s fine. For that sort of money what do you expect. It`s far better than the hopeless dial up cards.

If you sign up for 1 year you get the modem for free.

I was told by someone that If the first of your last 6 digits of your number is 7 then you qualify. But I think the real criteria to qualify for the system is that you have to be within 18,000 feet of the nearest exchange.

I have the 256/128 conxn from TT&T and apart from the perhaps once a week that it takes me say 1/2 hour to connect( I can only assume that there is some sort of maintenance going on) it`s fine. For that sort of money what do you expect. It`s far better than the hopeless dial up cards.

If you sign up for 1 year you get the modem for free.

I was told by someone that If the first of your last 6 digits of your number is 7 then you qualify. But I think the real criteria to qualify for the system is that you have to be within 18,000 feet of the nearest exchange.

Thanks to all for your input/recommendations.

Returned from TT&T today and settled on their 1,450 baht plan. From what I was told the 590/790 baht plan was a 1 to 20 party shared system. The 1,450 plan was a 1 to 10 share. I don't no if this really makes a difference in upload and download speeds or not. Got spoiled with the connection I had in Huai Khrai - no downtime at all after the initial setup (which was Loxinfo at 1605 baht/month).

Time will tell if I made the correct choice!