Pickles Deli

CMNightRider

We've eaten there and the corned beef is the absolute best. They even make their own honey mustard. We bought a half kilo of the corned beef to take home and a jar of his homemade dill/garlic pickles - honestly, the best! Hard place to find though if you don't know the area.

I've stopped going to that place because I heard the news about the owner...

So the place is still open? What about the incident at the pool table thing?

They were open when I went past on Monday.

It's pretty easy to find based on the directions given in all the other threads.

Lots of free advertising.

Thanks so much

I've stopped going to that place because I heard the news about the owner...

So the place is still open? What about the incident at the pool table thing?

They were open when I went past on Monday.

It's pretty easy to find based on the directions given in all the other threads.

Lots of free advertising.

I ate there three times this last month, the corned beef and especially the pastrami are amazing. The food is very expensive by CM standards, but given their hidden location and small farang client base i suppose it has to be. Even with the high cost, the pastrami was good enough that I think I got my money's worth. Recommended.

I had Gary's pastrami sandwich last week after reading about Pickles on this forum. The aroma and taste was SMOKED and really wonderful. I enjoyed chatting with him too. It's not a huge sandwich but everything about it is perfect. With the potato salad or cole slaw side, and a big pickle, I felt quite full and satisfied for 240 baht. It takes quite a bit of effort to make smoked pastrami, which he does himself. I'm planning on taking my wife there for dinner one of these days, I have a yearning to try his beef or pork smoked ribs that are the same price.

Nobody has mentioned the cornbread or the beans! Hubby took me last week for lunch and I could have made a meal of just cornbread and beans. The cornbread has real kernels of corn in it and it's light and fluffy. Much better than what I turn out with imported Jiffy mix and our toaster oven. The beans were proper Texas-style beans -- not sweet northern baked beans, but tangy Texas-style.

.................Oh yeah, the ribs were really good, too, but I was kind of full by the time I sampled them..................