Jump to content

Russian Tourist Electrocuted In Phuket Resort Pool


Recommended Posts

''We are still waiting to get a clear picture,''

Clear picture! <deleted>, one person dead, manager sent to hospital. Are they (the owners) hoping for attemted suicide?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Russian tourist electrocuted in swimming pool of Phuket hotel

March 8,

Phuket - A Russian tourist was electrocuted and restaurant manager severely injured in a power leakage at a swimming pool Wednesday night, police said.

Police said Fedor Samsonov, 45, was killed in the swimming pool of Dewa Hotel on the Karon Beach.

Surasak Phetsut, 33, the restaurant manager, was severely injured when he tried to rescue the tourist.

Witnesses told police that Samsonov was exiting the pool when he touched the rail of the pool and was electrocuted by the leaked power.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-08

Link to post
Share on other sites
''We are still waiting to get a clear picture,''

Clear picture! <deleted>, one person dead, manager sent to hospital. Are they (the owners) hoping for attemted suicide?

Biz speak for we're trying to see if this could be hushed up. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have heard often that Thai electricity is different - doesn't need grounding.

Yes Thai electricity doesn't adhere the the laws of physics... It is a different universe here! LOL!

Yes, Thais do not believe farangs and international rules: they are better.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if Thailand wants to be first world it needs building standards, inspections, enforcement plus proper education and certification of electricians. Until this happens, dont expect any change.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every hotel/guesthouse which is using the poor standard of two-wires electric should be closed immediately and checked before re-opening. Too many accidents happened already, not just in the pool area, but also in bathrooms with improper wired waters heaters. Sometimes the heater is installed not even half a meter from the shower-head shock1.gif

If they gonna do that, then 90% of the tourists in Thailand have to spend their holidays somewhere else as it is so common in LOS (land of sadness)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they gonna do that, then 90% of the tourists in Thailand have to spend their holidays somewhere else as it is so common in LOS (land of sadness)

At least it would teach a lesson.
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 volt lighting could be used here and earthing should be compulsory maybe it is already is in certain situation's but not done.

My next door neighbour has just had a timber deck laid with about 50% open to the rain etc he has uplights about 20 of them linked together plugged into a single wall socket no trip switch fitted all work done by the same guy .

I worry for him.

Take a look at the nearest utility pole and all the black licorice spaghetti and then dream on about compulsory code standards.

As for you neighbor, send a life insurance agent to see him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP sad.png

Have heard often that Thai electricity is different - doesn't need grounding.

Looking for a job? You could be an electrical engineering inspector.

And you could be the next president of the Sarcasm Society. rolleyes.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...