Kota Bharu, Non Imm O - Married To Thai

Successfully obtained a 12 month multiple entry visa in KB on the basis of being married to a Thai national.

Only small hiccup was the letter I had obtained from the British Consulate in Jomtein as proof of income was not recognised, this was due to the very very small disclaimer at the bottom of the letter, stating the British Consulate can not guarantee this information. Strange as they had copies of pay statements, bank book letter from employer and then wrote a declaration that the information I provided was true and accurate.

Quick dash back to my accom in KB and found Thai bank book and that was enough to grant the visa. Submitted it Tuesday and collected today, normally a next day service but they were closed Wednesday this week due to Thai holiday.

Congratulations, I was not aware they issued multiple non-O's there so thanks for your report.

Did they wanted to see any particulair amount of money in your bank book?

A minimum of 40,000 a month income into Thai bank. I asked if they needed the letter I supplied from British Consulate and they said no, just need Thai bank book, salary statement or letter from employer. I work for a Malaysian firm so not to sure if that made a difference. She was adamant that she could not accept the letter from the Brit Cons due to the statement at the bottom of it. Which was a waste of 1500 baht. Visa cost 550 Malaysian RInget.

If you have 40,000 Baht monthly income why did you not apply for a 12 month extension at Immigration.

It would have been cheaper and you would not need to leave the country every 90 days.

Because my previous visa was a triple entry tourist one and to apply for first Non Imm O I would have had to go to Bangkok, apply for single entry, wait 30 days for approval then convert to multiple entry, as I work 6 weeks on 6 weeks off in KB it was far easy for me to go to the Thai Consulate here and do it this way.

Edited by soon2bexpat

• 9 months later...