Stein Dokset DNA Results: Remains Human, Skull Hit With Heavy Object

webfact

Very strange that mush and ''a'' bone were in the bin, BUT now we have a skull with imprints of an object.

That's the difference between the local plod peering in to a bin full of 'goo' and forensics actually pouring the goo out and digging through it. Don't you watch CSI ever?

• Like 1

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty simple if you do the, "math",,, Many cars, motorcycle, (claimed to be an experienced rider), houses, guns, "attack" dogs, volentary "policeman",,, bossing people around, (as stated by some renters),, braggert, etc, etc,,, Now a body hidden in his own home,,, Do the math,, Hiding the body, getting "away with it",,,, just another, "penis extention"..... pretty simple,,,, SAD but doesn't surprise me after reading the MANY comments as to just what kind of, "man" he was,,,

Sounds like the typical long-time foreign resident of [enter name of any Thailand beach paradise here].... apart from the body in the basement bit of course. Even I didn't keep any damning evidence after the deed, although in my case, the love aspect was long gone.

She cheated him with a Phuket police officer, which is the worse in Norwegian culture that can happen to a man: she just showed no respect for farangs, just good for the money and furthermore colluding in the scam with the Phuket Police (who she married in the meantime), and who everyone from us, farangs, know how reliable they are when it is related to Foreigners.... They only have one rule they know: not what is wrong or right, but what is Thai and non-Thai... and that is all what they are relying on.

No wonder he is refused bail...

I understand Dokset, sorry... I have my feelings too when reading this story and knowing this Phuket Police...

What a bizarre post. What do you have stashed in your basement?

This story seems to have changed since last time. How does he have a fit of jealous rage when she supposedly had left him more than a year before and had a baby to the copper?

I'm confused.

Seems fairly standard here, it's all about the money.

Because she didn't tumble down the stairs.

He admitted that that was a lie.

And even if he hadn't there are different instances of injury to bone it reacts in different ways and at different amounts of pressure like any hard structure certain damage is caused depending on angle, strength of impact etc.. A falling body can only exert a certain amount of pressure compared to a concentrated high impact in a localized location for example..

Spoken like a true CSI aficionado!

...or a child?

Edited by NanLaew

To those accusing the Thai establishment for being unfair for not giving bail, please look at the situation evenhandedly:

The Norwegian expat has committed a very serious crime against a person and appears to be responsible for her death.

The same expat has access to large amounts of funds.

The expat resides in Thailand, where even high standing people can tell you "money will buy most things" - this includes fake passports, and bribery of airport officials.

Money in Thailand, can also buy judges, witnesses, Police officers (maybe not the BIB in this case).

By giving the alleged offender bail, you are not only releasing a flight risk, but also giving him free-reign to attempt to protect himself illegally through bribery or using local mafias to make evidence "disappear". It would be much harder for him to do this from prison.

In my country, we have a very famous case going on with Kim Dotcom (the piracy king). Kim had to prove without a doubt that he was not a flight risk, because he was a foreigner (even though he holds Permanent Residence) and because he has access to sufficient funds to make flight possible.

Come on guys, it is because he is a foreigner that he has not been bailed, but for good reason. Positive discrimination.

• Like 1

And lambasted as well as vilified for doing so...

Not vilified for speculations - vilified for overt enjoyment of the situation...

How does he have a fit of jealous rage when she supposedly had left him more than a year before and had a baby to the copper? I'm confused.

Can you say "gik"?
  • Like 2

She cheated him with a Phuket police officer, which is the worse in Norwegian culture that can happen to a man: she just showed no respect for farangs, just good for the money and furthermore colluding in the scam with the Phuket Police (who she married in the meantime), and who everyone from us, farangs, know how reliable they are when it is related to Foreigners.... They only have one rule they know: not what is wrong or right, but what is Thai and non-Thai... and that is all what they are relying on.

No wonder he is refused bail...

I understand Dokset, sorry... I have my feelings too when reading this story and knowing this Phuket Police...

What a bizarre post. What do you have stashed in your basement?

This story seems to have changed since last time. How does he have a fit of jealous rage when she supposedly had left him more than a year before and had a baby to the copper?

I'm confused.

Seems fairly standard here, it's all about the money.

Seems fairly standard here, it's all about the money....Well consider this..maybe the 'cop' wasn't a fat obnoxious very self important <deleted> hiding behind big guns and big dogs and that he was indeed a 'nice hansum man' more suited for a lady who appeared to be rather pretty , and not ''all about the money'' ..Maybe??coffee1.gif RIP.

• Like 1

More twists and turns in his story, but also in the police and media reports...many discrepancies in the news for sure...makes it hard to understand which is fact and which is not..

But one thing is certain...this rat is going to be exposed for what he really is..he always portrayed that he was ''above the law'' and did as he wished...not any more...i said previously that i thought this was going to get nasty..

As sickening as all this is, i think that it has to come out, and will come out in order to trial and lock him away for a very long time in jail or physciatric hospital..Prepare to be shocked IMHO.. hit-the-fan.gif

WOW, Chief Inspector Jap still lives, what say you Hastings ?

Well it is just my opinion.... but.we''ll wait and see who's right about all this in the end huh....what sort of flavouring do you prefer to add to your words when it comes time to eat them....? licklips.gif

People like yourself fail to understand my and others posts, simple really, we have no lynch mob mentality and wait for every stone to be turned to get at the truth.

I look at some of you are like the same folk who follow the instigator of a looting, come out of the woodwork in a frenzy. One poster now turned forensic scientist probably is now on medication to calm his nerves of his dream job of driving the lynch mob band wagon.

Innocent or guilty any one deserves to be left alone and let justice be done and all avenues dealt with.

Must add. I hope they checked for finger prints on the bin for ALL persons who ''might'' be involved in this tragedy, and ask the maid or pool cleaner if the bin has always been there,

''eh Hastings, mon ami..

• Like 1

I hope TV keeps following this story because we (well me) are definitely missing something here.

Are you sure you're missing something, I think there is nothing much to it.

Foreigner has relationshio with Thai girl, they go into business together from his money, putting all real estate in her name. She has enough of him and starts a relationship with somebody else, which within one year breaks off. Foereigner and girl keep seeing eachother, but she has enough and tells him she wants to break up and will keep the real estate. He gets angry and kills her.

In order to keep income of the mentioned real estate he decides to continue business as before and simply have her disappear. After 3 years of persistence the girls family manages to get the police interested, and they find her remains in the foreigner's basement. In order to get a light sentence the foreigner decides to confess to accidently killing her, hoping to get off with 10 years. Since there is no/hardly any evidence otherwise, he'll probably get those 10 years.

• Like 2

I hope TV keeps following this story because we (well me) are definitely missing something here.

Foreigner has relationshio with Thai girl, they go into business together from his money, putting all real estate in her name. She has enough of him and starts a relationship with somebody else, which within one year breaks off. Foereigner and girl keep seeing eachother, but she has enough and tells him she wants to break up and will keep the real estate. He gets angry and kills her.

In order to keep income of the mentioned real estate he decides to continue business as before and simply have her disappear. After 3 years of persistence the girls family manages to get the police interested, and they find her remains in the foreigner's basement. In order to get a light sentence the foreigner decides to confess to accidently killing her, hoping to get off with 10 years. Since there is no/hardly any evidence otherwise, he'll probably get those 10 years.

Ok thanks. Perfectly clear now. A few (educated I suppose) assumptions there?

Incidentally, what I find interesting is the number of married/attached women who seem to drift off (ok have sex) with policemen. A mate of mine up north headed back to the old dart for a month and his missus for a long time got pregnant to a copper while he was away. And I've read about it here too. Do the ladies have a fascination for men in uniform? The power? I dunno.

More twists and turns in his story, but also in the police and media reports...many discrepancies in the news for sure...makes it hard to understand which is fact and which is not..

But one thing is certain...this rat is going to be exposed for what he really is..he always portrayed that he was ''above the law'' and did as he wished...not any more...i said previously that i thought this was going to get nasty..

As sickening as all this is, i think that it has to come out, and will come out in order to trial and lock him away for a very long time in jail or physciatric hospital..Prepare to be shocked IMHO.. hit-the-fan.gif

WOW, Chief Inspector Jap still lives, what say you Hastings ?

Well it is just my opinion.... but.we''ll wait and see who's right about all this in the end huh....what sort of flavouring do you prefer to add to your words when it comes time to eat them....? licklips.gif

People like yourself fail to understand my and others posts, simple really, we have no lynch mob mentality and wait for every stone to be turned to get at the truth.

I look at some of you are like the same folk who follow the instigator of a looting, come out of the woodwork in a frenzy. One poster now turned forensic scientist probably is now on medication to calm his nerves of his dream job of driving the lynch mob band wagon.

Innocent or guilty any one deserves to be left alone and let justice be done and all avenues dealt with.

Must add. I hope they checked for finger prints on the bin for ALL persons who ''might'' be involved in this tragedy, and ask the maid or pool cleaner if the bin has always been there,

''eh Hastings, mon ami..

Duuhhh!coffee1.gif hehehe.."".None as blind as they who refuse to see"" giggle.gif

• Like 1

Only one assumption, that the reason behind this was the real estate in her name and her decision to keep that.

• Like 1

Prefect summation from what I have gathered, stevenl.
  • Like 1

Because she didn't tumble down the stairs.

He admitted that that was a lie.

And even if he hadn't there are different instances of injury to bone it reacts in different ways and at different amounts of pressure like any hard structure certain damage is caused depending on angle, strength of impact etc.. A falling body can only exert a certain amount of pressure compared to a concentrated high impact in a localized location for example..

Spoken like a true CSI aficionado!

...or a child?

Yes, certainly a child... :rolleyes: there are those "children" who are geniuses and go through university at very early ages I guess it could compare with what one of those children might write..

And lambasted as well as vilified for doing so...

Not vilified for speculations - vilified for overt enjoyment of the situation...

How does he have a fit of jealous rage when she supposedly had left him more than a year before and had a baby to the copper? I'm confused.

Can you say "gik"?

Don't know what threads you've been reading but I NEVER enjoyed the situation, just the eventual justice being brought and the fact that the MURDERING hypocrit was caught and is now being punished for his cruel and heinous crime against his former GF (albeit 3 years after the fact) so what's wrong with that??

I should somehow feel pity or remorse for his being caught and tried for this? You're some kind of fool if you think so..It's just more sickening that he was here almost every day and posting like nothing ever happened and then more over lording over and making so called determinations of other peoples rationality both here and in his own life with his volunteering with the police too, you bet I'll point out that amount of hypocrisy and call it what it is..

I see you have a new chum too...

Only one assumption, that the reason behind this was the real estate in her name and her decision to keep that.

Plus there seems to be some inconsistencies over whether or not the woman was married to the policeman? A 'bone fragment' showed that she had been hit with a heavy object?

We're all speculating 'cos that is human nature.

After they'd been separated for a year or so he should have realised there were problems with the ownership of the land?

But, like you, I suspect this is all about the money.

It would be preferable to hear some actual 'facts' rather than the 2/3 newspaper stories that have conflicting information.

• Like 1

this guy is in deep sh*************. what a pitty!!!!!

Pity he's in deep do or a pity he put himself there by first financing and then killing his GF?

Why complicate the matter? Whether she had a bar in Patong or kids with cops in Patong or Surat is as irrelevant as whether it was blunt force trauma by a wall or a rock that ultimately ended her life. As stevenl has superbly summarized...

Foreigner has relationship with Thai girl, they go into business together from his money, putting all real estate in her name. She has enough of him and starts a relationship with somebody else, which within one year breaks off. Foreigner and girl keep seeing each other, but she has enough and tells him she wants to break up and will keep the real estate. He gets angry and kills her.

End of story.

Pity he's in deep do or a pity he put himself there by first financing and then killing his GF?

Why complicate the matter? Whether she had a bar in Patong or kids with cops in Patong or Surat is as irrelevant as whether it was blunt force trauma by a wall or a rock that ultimately ended her life. As stevenl has superbly summarized...

Foreigner has relationship with Thai girl, they go into business together from his money, putting all real estate in her name. She has enough of him and starts a relationship with somebody else, which within one year breaks off. Foreigner and girl keep seeing each other, but she has enough and tells him she wants to break up and will keep the real estate. He gets angry and kills her.

End of story.

No it isn't irrelevant it determines the crime motives and reasoning which then detemines the criminal intent to be charged and sentenced by..

For more edification: Google taphonomy anthropology or follow my link..

Finally, forensic taphonomy helps forensic scientists determine the skeletal alterations that transpired at the time of death and afterwards. These alterations can be analyzed by identifying diffuse or focal traumatic injury to the skeletal system, the rate, extent, and type of decomposition that occurs, and any environmental modifications that might be important.

http://www.enotes.co...eletal-analysis

Additional informative links:

http://www.bios.niu....0/Taphonomy.pdf

Edited by WarpSpeed

If you bump someone off and you don't want to go to jail forever then you are going to have to come up with a better hiding place than next to the freezer in your cellar.

Ain't that what crocodile farms are for ?

That's what the dixie mafia uses them for in Louisiana. Works for them.

this guy is in deep sh*************. what a pitty!!!!!

End of story.

That's a v plausible theory - but that's all it is. rolleyes.gif

But the TV'er formerly known as KBB has already admitted he topped her. That gets him the "50%-off" deal in the eyes of Thai law. The fact that WS and a few others need to know if one (hypothetical) hammer blow or many head slams into the wall to somehow define a finer degree of culpability, anger, evil is neither here nor there. Stop trying to apply armchair television forensics and law drama to a real-life instance in Thailand where it cannot or will not be applied. The only possibility that stevenl didn't suggest is that the perpetrator can still do it all Thai-style, bung a few people some significant money and still walk away.

Nice summation stevenl. Doubt whether he will even serve 10 years as a murder charge is unlikey to be proven, so he will face some sort of accidental death charge, not reporting the accident, and illegal possession of a firearm. That might amount to 10 year (at most) with automatic reduction to 5 years for 'confessing'. Also news reports about fraud, not much info on that so far. As previously stated there is a lot more to be told about this case.

But the TV'er formerly known as KBB has already admitted he topped her. That gets him the "50%-off" deal in the eyes of Thai law. The fact that WS and a few others need to know if one (hypothetical) hammer blow or many head slams into the wall to somehow define a finer degree of culpability, anger, evil is neither here nor there. Stop trying to apply armchair television forensics and law drama to a real-life instance in Thailand where it cannot or will not be applied. The only possibility that stevenl didn't suggest is that the perpetrator can still do it all Thai-style, bung a few people some significant money and still walk away.

I'm afraid I'm not sure of the point you are making.

At the end of the day yes, he probably murdered the woman - but the conflicting news stories only cause more speculation...

The most recent (a fragment of scull has proven that she was hit with a blunt instrument) only makes it worse.

At the end of the day yes, he probably murdered the woman - but the conflicting news stories only cause more speculation...

The most recent (a fragment of scull has proven that she was hit with a blunt instrument) only makes it worse.

Make what worse? That the armchair sleuths here may be denied an insight into his motivation, anger, psyche and all that rubbish? There's nothing 'probable' about her death. Dokset has confessed he killed her and it doesn't matter if it was one lucky pop or if he beat her to a pulp IN THE EYES OF THAI LAW. By confession, has automatically ensured leniency in sentencing and any lesser charges regarding illegal gun possession and rumours of land title deed fraud (in Phuket??? <deleted>???!!!) will all be tossed out the window.

Edited by NanLaew

Make what worse? That the armchair sleuths here may be denied an insight into his motivation, anger, psyche and all that rubbish? There's nothing 'probable' about her death. Dokset has confessed he killed her and it doesn't matter if it was one lucky pop or if he beat her to a pulp IN THE EYES OF THAI LAW. By confession, has automatically ensured leniency in sentencing and any lesser charges regarding illegal gun possession and rumours of land title deed fraud (in Phuket??? <deleted>???!!!) will all be tossed out the window.

Sorry - by "worse" I meant that the bone fragment doesn't prove the 'hit with heavy object' argument. But I could be wrong.

The way the story keeps changing (married to policeman/policeman just a b/f etc.) does nothing to further the discussion.

Like you, I suspect he killed her but, its hardly unknown for people to confess to crimes they didn't commit.

The whole thing is just so odd that it results in nothing but speculation.

• Like 2