Stein Dokset DNA Results: Remains Human, Skull Hit With Heavy Object

webfact

I'm afraid I'm not sure of the point you are making.

At the end of the day yes, he probably murdered the woman - but the conflicting news stories only cause more speculation...

The most recent (a fragment of scull has proven that she was hit with a blunt instrument) only makes it worse.

Make what worse? That the armchair sleuths here may be denied an insight into his motivation, anger, psyche and all that rubbish? There's nothing 'probable' about her death. Dokset has confessed he killed her and it doesn't matter if it was one lucky pop or if he beat her to a pulp IN THE EYES OF THAI LAW. By confession, has automatically ensured leniency in sentencing and any lesser charges regarding illegal gun possession and rumours of land title deed fraud (in Phuket??? <deleted>???!!!) will all be tossed out the window.

Sorry - by "worse" I meant that the bone fragment doesn't prove the 'hit with heavy object' argument. But I could be wrong.

The way the story keeps changing (married to policeman/policeman just a b/f etc.) does nothing to further the discussion.

Like you, I suspect he killed her but, its hardly unknown for people to confess to crimes they didn't commit.

The whole thing is just so odd that it results in nothing but speculation.

Totally agree.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I'm not sure of the point you are making.

At the end of the day yes, he probably murdered the woman - but the conflicting news stories only cause more speculation...

The most recent (a fragment of scull has proven that she was hit with a blunt instrument) only makes it worse.

Make what worse? That the armchair sleuths here may be denied an insight into his motivation, anger, psyche and all that rubbish? There's nothing 'probable' about her death. Dokset has confessed he killed her and it doesn't matter if it was one lucky pop or if he beat her to a pulp IN THE EYES OF THAI LAW. By confession, has automatically ensured leniency in sentencing and any lesser charges regarding illegal gun possession and rumours of land title deed fraud (in Phuket??? <deleted>???!!!) will all be tossed out the window.

Sorry - by "worse" I meant that the bone fragment doesn't prove the 'hit with heavy object' argument. But I could be wrong.

The way the story keeps changing (married to policeman/policeman just a b/f etc.) does nothing to further the discussion.

Like you, I suspect he killed her but, its hardly unknown for people to confess to crimes they didn't commit.

The whole thing is just so odd that it results in nothing but speculation.

The facts are there, it is just the sidelines (like against the wall/on the stairs/blunt object) which are irrelevant to the major events that could lead to speculation. Leave those out and it is really very clear. The only thing to speculate about would be: was it premeditated about the real estate or not.

I would like to know what happened to the safe which was found next to the body and what's in it ?What a place to keep the safe safe(!), no Thai thief would come close to it...protected by The Ghost !

No bail like we have read about when Thais murder foreigners...and then they hide somewhere up country never to be found. I do not recall hearing

too much follow up on unsolved foreigners being mureder here.coffee1.gif

Why would be bail in this instance, <deleted>? He's already admitted killing her.

People like yourself fail to understand my and others posts, simple really, we have no lynch mob mentality and wait for every stone to be turned to get at the truth.

I look at some of you are like the same folk who follow the instigator of a looting, come out of the woodwork in a frenzy. One poster now turned forensic scientist probably is now on medication to calm his nerves of his dream job of driving the lynch mob band wagon.

Innocent or guilty any one deserves to be left alone and let justice be done and all avenues dealt with.

Must add. I hope they checked for finger prints on the bin for ALL persons who ''might'' be involved in this tragedy, and ask the maid or pool cleaner if the bin has always been there,

''eh Hastings, mon ami..

It's a bit late for you to try to come off all objective and fair-minded. You've already told the forum you were a mate of this guy.

Which part of 'he's already admitted killing the girl, SEVERAL times, including to the media' are you struggling to understand?

• Like 1

People like yourself fail to understand my and others posts, simple really, we have no lynch mob mentality and wait for every stone to be turned to get at the truth.

I look at some of you are like the same folk who follow the instigator of a looting, come out of the woodwork in a frenzy. One poster now turned forensic scientist probably is now on medication to calm his nerves of his dream job of driving the lynch mob band wagon.

Innocent or guilty any one deserves to be left alone and let justice be done and all avenues dealt with.

Must add. I hope they checked for finger prints on the bin for ALL persons who ''might'' be involved in this tragedy, and ask the maid or pool cleaner if the bin has always been there,

''eh Hastings, mon ami..

It's a bit late for you to try to come off all objective and fair-minded. You've already told the forum you were a mate of this guy.

Which part of 'he's already admitted killing the girl, SEVERAL times, including to the media' are you struggling to understand?

Go back to the beginning of the original thread and read ALL my posts. Blinkered folk like yourself obviously don't know how stuff can work here. That's why MANY have asked very sensible questions about the whole affair. Me, fed up with all the farang suicides here with no investigations, but the other way round it's an open and shut case of guilt cos he's owned up to ''something''.

Strange isn't it how after being missing for 3 years they expected to find a body IN the house.

The gist of transam's posts, those that i have read, has been, let's wait until more information on this comes to light. Nowhere have i read him saying KBB must be innocent, just as nowhere have i read him saying KBB must be guilty. To me that seems to be a pretty sensible fair-minded stance to be taking, considering where we are and how matters involving the law can entail more than meets the eye.

I'd say its the people who already told the forum how much they hated KBB before all this came to light, the people who hold a grudge because KBB dared to moderate in a way they disagreed with or a way that did not favour them, the people who have been unable to contain their pleasure at what they feel to be the vindication this story brings them, the people who right from the story breaking, seemed to know exactly what happened as if they were there... these are the people whose objectivity and fair-mindedness, in my opinion, you should be questioning.

• Like 2

The gist of transam's posts, those that i have read, has been, let's wait until more information on this comes to light. Nowhere have i read him saying KBB must be innocent, just as nowhere have i read him saying KBB must be guilty. To me that seems to be a pretty sensible fair-minded stance to be taking, considering where we are and how matters involving the law can entail more than meets the eye.

I'd say its the people who already told the forum how much they hated KBB before all this came to light, the people who hold a grudge because KBB dared to moderate in a way they disagreed with or a way that did not favour them, the people who have been unable to contain their pleasure at what they feel to be the vindication this story brings them, the people who right from the story breaking, seemed to know exactly what happened as if they were there... these are the people whose objectivity and fair-mindedness, in my opinion, you should be questioning.

Still blinded by your silly perception of thinking that somehow his moderation of this forum is the reasoning for peoples opinion of his cold blooded crime? What a comprehension, it would be funny but it's sad really..

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

Still blinded by your silly perception of thinking that somehow his moderation of this forum is the reasoning for peoples opinion of his cold blooded crime? What a comprehension, it would be funny but it's sad really..

If KBB is proven as being a cold blooded murderer, as you clearly believe, i don't think he will have the sympathy of anyone here, and your insinuation to the contrary is in very bad taste.

Just because you feel you have all the "facts" you need to label him as a cold-blooded murderer, stop with all this disgust at those who aren't joining you in that categoric and outright condemnation, but who wish to wait for more details to come to light.

As for you thinking me blind, well funnily enough i share the same thoughts about you... just for different reasons.

• Like 2

If KBB is proven as being a cold blooded murderer, as you clearly believe, i don't think he will have the sympathy of anyone here,

No, at that point they'll claim the evidence was flawed, obtained illegally, tampered with, the judge was only there to protect the ex husband police officer, etc.

• Like 1

If KBB is proven as being a cold blooded murderer, as you clearly believe, i don't think he will have the sympathy of anyone here,

No, at that point they'll claim the evidence was flawed, obtained illegally, tampered with, the judge was only there to protect the ex husband police officer, etc.

Could just as easily say that those who are so certain of his absolute guilt, so certain of him being a cold blooded murderer, would be making similar claims of flawed evidence etc, were he to be found innocent. I don't think by the way that is likely to happen - not now he has confessed - but that's not the point... what is, is that i don't see those asking for all the information to come to light first, as being the ones here with the deeply entrenched, set-in-stone views on innocence and guilt.

Maybe you could ask yourself the question why KBB was a moderator for only a very short period of time,and that has nothing to do with the crimes he commited.
  • Like 1

Spot on and far too sensible for the sympathetic few to grasp...

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Could just as easily say that those who are so certain of his absolute guilt, so certain of him being a cold blooded murderer, would be making similar claims of flawed evidence etc, were he to be found innocent. I don't think by the way that is likely to happen - not now he has confessed - but that's not the point... what is, is that i don't see those asking for all the information to come to light first, as being the ones here with the deeply entrenched, set-in-stone views on innocence and guilt.

Of course it's not the point.. rolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif

Thank you LIK I accept that was a bit too harshly worded in original form, I came back but too late to edit though I would have chosen a little different then yours I understand you were limited without further altering the post..

Edited by WarpSpeed

You;re forgetting one thing: all the important information has come to light. So anyone now claiming there is no evidence will say the same after the verdict (yes, provided the verdict is guilty).

• Like 2

You;re forgetting one thing: all the important information has come to light. So anyone now claiming there is no evidence will say the same after the verdict (yes, provided the verdict is guilty).

Who exactly is claiming there is no evidence? Seems to me, there is quite a bit of it, and once it has all been verified and established as legitimate in a court of law, a pretty damning case against KBB seems inevitable.

I think once again you fall foul of misreading simple wait and see words of caution as being words of he couldn't possibly have done it - there is no evidence, defence.

I'm not defending KBB. I'm defending the legal process being allowed to work its course first, before categorically declaring anyone a cold blooded murderer. Quite why you and others have a problem with this, and quite why you seek to misrepresent this standpoint as being one of a defence of a murderer, i really don't understand.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 2

Pretty clear homicide case. Sometimes a murderer just block it from his memory, pretending nothing ever happened. If he were tortured before confession, the torturers would have not satisfied with bullshit about accidental manslaughter. If this were about money they would have done it behind the scenes, quietly.

Obviously I can't speak from experience, but from what I've read over the years I believe that for most people killing another person is seriously self-damaging. A book that I thought had good insight was Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood." There's no way to know, but I think he was right about how the guy's thought processes progressed as time went by. In this case I can well believe Dokset found the memory too horrible and suppressed it, even to the point of forgetting the body was there. Doesn't matter, does it? He killed, and now he's in the machinery.

Of course it's not the point.. rolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif

It's not the point, with regards the point i was making - that being that those who from the first moment this story came to light, seemed to know exactly what happened, are the ones i see as being more likely unable to accept certain court outcomes. The ones who on the other hand are staying a little more open-minded to different plausible explanations as to exactly what happened, seem more likely able to accept whatever verdict is reached.

• Like 1

Whats up with you guys??? huh.png

The creep has admitted in person in his own words,and also in re-enactment of crime activity, exactly what 99% of us are saying, we are not jumping to conclusions or making things up...we are seeing with our own open eyes his admittion of GUILT!!! End of story for crying out loud.

You couple of chums of this sicko can keep on violin.gif as much as you like but the hit-the-fan.gif without a doubt...Wake up...and its not only about TV at all...many people who this punk ''stood -over'' as a pretend cop, and also in his daily business as a supposed property developer, renter, and a huge variety of other supposed interests dont even know him as kbb but as STEIN the standover guy!!!..Yes!!

The many stories about his dealings dont even come to forums..but they're out there!! clap2.gifKarma will get him!!

• Like 1

Go back to the beginning of the original thread and read ALL my posts. Blinkered folk like yourself obviously don't know how stuff can work here. That's why MANY have asked very sensible questions about the whole affair. Me, fed up with all the farang suicides here with no investigations, but the other way round it's an open and shut case of guilt cos he's owned up to ''something''.

Strange isn't it how after being missing for 3 years they expected to find a body IN the house.

he hasn't owned up to 'something'. He's owned to to killing his gf and keeping her body on the premises because he wanted to blot it out of his mind.

Did the Phuket Gazette torture that interview out of him?

<deleted> . you call me blinkered?

• Like 1

Whats up with you guys??? huh.png

The creep has admitted in person in his own words,and also in re-enactment of crime activity, exactly what 99% of us are saying, we are not jumping to conclusions or making things up...we are seeing with our own open eyes his admittion of GUILT!!! End of story for crying out loud.

You couple of chums of this sicko can keep on violin.gif as much as you like but the hit-the-fan.gif without a doubt...Wake up...and its not only about TV at all...many people who this punk ''stood -over'' as a pretend cop, and also in his daily business as a supposed property developer, renter, and a huge variety of other supposed interests dont even know him as kbb but as STEIN the standover guy!!!..Yes!!

The many stories about his dealings dont even come to forums..but they're out there!! clap2.gifKarma will get him!!

It is starring us all in the face, but some people simply don't want to know the truth.

• Like 2

Am I on glue, or do most (alledged) murderers get off with 300,000 baht bail? I can cite many cases that are right here on TV, cop double killer in Chiang Mai, husband killer of Canadian man in Ranong etc.

I can almost swear that all alledged murderers are granted bail providing they are not a threat to flea ( or pay serious tea money).

• Like 1

Why on earth did he keep the remains in his house? I perhaps don't have a criminal mindset, but I would attempt to dispose of any such "evidence." He certainly had the time to do it.

He gives his reason in the Phuket News as to why he left the body and didn't attempt to remove it.

“I love her very much,” said Dokset, his cheeks wet with tears. “But from the day I covered her with a plastic bag, I blocked her from my memory. I pretended it had never happened."

“I had no plan to keep her body or {plan} to dump it,” he said vaguely.

Obviously no Dexter...

I can see the verdict, "He's been diagnosed with a pysychiatric disorder that prevents him from controlling his emotions; including angry outbursts. He's been asked to take 2 months off work to seek appropriate treatment."

On a serious note, I am half convinced this man is delusional and suffers from some psychiatric disorder. I do believe he has already suffered anguish and regret for his actions that he confesses to. That still does not justify his actions and choices, and is cause for further justice towards him.

RIP to the lady.

• Like 2

I hope TV keeps following this story because we (well me) are definitely missing something here.

Are you sure you're missing something, I think there is nothing much to it.

Foreigner has relationshio with Thai girl, they go into business together from his money, putting all real estate in her name. She has enough of him and starts a relationship with somebody else, which within one year breaks off. Foereigner and girl keep seeing eachother, but she has enough and tells him she wants to break up and will keep the real estate. He gets angry and kills her.

In order to keep income of the mentioned real estate he decides to continue business as before and simply have her disappear. After 3 years of persistence the girls family manages to get the police interested, and they find her remains in the foreigner's basement. In order to get a light sentence the foreigner decides to confess to accidently killing her, hoping to get off with 10 years. Since there is no/hardly any evidence otherwise, he'll probably get those 10 years.

Nice summation stevenl. Doubt whether he will even serve 10 years as a murder charge is unlikey to be proven, so he will face some sort of accidental death charge, not reporting the accident, and illegal possession of a firearm. That might amount to 10 year (at most) with automatic reduction to 5 years for 'confessing'. Also news reports about fraud, not much info on that so far. As previously stated there is a lot more to be told about this case.

Is that what you've read LIK? I thought it was 20 years for found guilty at trial and 10 years for a confession?

Am I on glue, or do most (alledged) murderers get off with 300,000 baht bail? I can cite many cases that are right here on TV, cop double killer in Chiang Mai, husband killer of Canadian man in Ranong etc.

I can almost swear that all alledged murderers are granted bail providing they are not a threat to flea ( or pay serious tea money).

Well I think your last sentence says it all really for not allowing bail.. There is money and he's not Thai so certainly is a potential flight risk..