Koh Phangan Airport

Some billboards around Thong Sala:

post-58494-0-42708600-1331701516_thumb.j

They say something like " Thank you Mr. Phum (I think a big authority in KPG) to support Kan Air to arrive in KPG."

And something like the works are in progress already.

So maybe the too big road Bantai-Thong Nai Pan with the huge roundabout after Than SAdet now has a better sense.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy moley...shock1.gif . I've not been to Pai for a few years now, I don't think they had these fandagled flying machines then... biggrin.png but is 1490 baht from CM! I remember paying 60 baht on the public bus, a nice 3 hour drive if I remember....ohmy.png

So wonder what they will charge to TNP ...and from where???? .... and then the taxi to other parts of KP... ?

Cessna would make sense on a small runway...

From the picture....... Obviously an artists rendering of the run way, mountains far away! and very large grassy area on each side... happy.png

I am pretty certain from the party I know, who's involved with this project, it is private funded and not Government ... but one assumes there will be some Government regulations they would need to follow?

coffee1.gif now back to that coffee!

Holy moley...shock1.gif . I've not been to Pai for a few years now, I don't think they had these fandagled flying machines then... biggrin.png but is 1490 baht from CM! I remember paying 60 baht on the public bus, a nice 3 hour drive if I remember....ohmy.png

So wonder what they will charge to TNP ...and from where???? .... and then the taxi to other parts of KP... ?

From the picture....... Obviously an artists rendering of the run way, mountains far away! and very large grassy area on each side... happy.png

I am pretty certain from the party I know, who's involved with this project, it is private funded and not Government ... but one assumes there will be some Government regulations they would need to follow?

coffee1.gifnow back to that coffee!

Actually, the Chiang Mai - Pai ride is not too bad, have used it twice. No price guideline yet for Phangan, and their first route will be from Phuket.

Some billboards around Thong Sala:

post-58494-0-42708600-1331701516_thumb.j

They say something like " Thank you Mr. Phum (I think a big authority in KPG) to support Kan Air to arrive in KPG."

And something like the works are in progress already.

So maybe the too big road Bantai-Thong Nai Pan with the huge roundabout after Than SAdet now has a better sense.

Thank you for picking this up Mr. Anguid !

coffee1.gifnow back to that coffee!

Actually, the Chiang Mai - Pai ride is not too bad, have used it twice. No price guideline yet for Phangan, and their first route will be from Phuket.

Probabley soon to be called KinAir

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news on this is that the site at Thong Nang, on the way to Thong Nai Pan, has now been discounted. The trees have been cleared but the experts have now decided that the cross winds from the mountains will make flying difficult. The construction is now moving to a new site near Chalokulum.

Latest news on this is that the site at Thong Nang, on the way to Thong Nai Pan, has now been discounted. The trees have been cleared but the experts have now decided that the cross winds from the mountains will make flying difficult. The construction is now moving to a new site near Chalokulum.

The mind boggles blink.png ... near Chaloklum? crazy.gif Not much flat area around there either.... winds can get pretty heavy coming off the north coast there too.... shock1.gif

Perhaps an excuse to clear cut all of KP? tongue.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

You really have to wonder who these "experts" are! They could have saved an awful lot of time if they had

read the posts here!

Still, a bloody good excuse to get rid of all those nasty trees and start developing.

I suppose these experts will be marching all over the island in their so called quest for an airstrip!!

Well the 'scoop" i got today from the person I mentioned in the original post I made last year on this subject.... ... is:

The location where there was a "stop work" order had too many trees cut down...and nothing to do with wind sheers shock1.gif ... but let's say "fees" have been paid and it's no longer a problem.... wink wink - nudge - nudge .... say no more.... happy.png .... so it sounds like things are going to continue progressing in the location mentioned ....

I tried going up the Tong Nai Pan road today, but after being choked by too much dust after the concrete ends I gave up and turned around.... so where is the new concrete that was going to make this a Super Hwy? Never found the round about either ! w00t.gifwhistling.giflaugh.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Monthly Update.... the days of having no airport on KP will be over in another 6 to 8 months and you'll be able to fly high into FMP and what ever else! whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

Progress is being made, according to my source .... wink.png........ how much I am not sure, as did not have time to head up the TNP road....

Any KPers able to get photos, there must be some visible signs of progress ????

• Like 1

I have a very vested interest in this, do tell more please. while chaloklum certainly would be convenient for me, i would not want to see it there.

tnp is fine thanks, esp if a new road goes in towards chaloklum bottle beach

I have a very vested interest in this, do tell more please. while chaloklum certainly would be convenient for me, i would not want to see it there.

tnp is fine thanks, esp if a new road goes in towards chaloklum bottle beach

I am sure lots of people have a vested interest in this.. wink.png my source certainly does... whistling.gif

As far as I know the road is headed from Ban Tai, not Chaloklum .... last time I tried that road toward Bottle Beach from Chaloklum .... it dies out after not too many kilometers... perhaps 9 months since I last tried it though. But is there even a track to TNP from Bottle Beach???? Not an area I've done except by LT boat or kayak.

Chaloklum to Bottle beach, the road ends after a couple of kilos. The track from Tong Nai Pan to Bottlebeach is actually viable only with dirty bikes, enduro, etc

There is a project to complete (sadly because will cross the wildest area of Kpg) the coast road from Bankai going to Haad Yuan, Haad Yao East, Than Sadet, TNP, Bottle Beach to connect with the already existing one in Chaloklum. When? Dunno

Considering that there are 6 Top Class Luxury Resorts in Thong Nai Pan, I'm not surprised that they would put themselves together and build an airfield for private jets and small airlines. A partnership with Lomprayah and Solarair already exists so a partnership between Panviman, Santhiya, Anantara and Kanairways (sounds like Conair) is quite possible. I heard that a shorter road from Ban Madauwan to the Than Sadet roundabout is in planning too.

Edited by JoeLing

A local told me that there most definitely will be an airport at Haad Nam Tok. They have already started to pave the road and clear the land but things have come to a halt until after the elections next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how well these jets land on steep hills? As far as I am aware there is not any continuous flat area anywhere near TNP for a plane to land.

how would you know? do you live on the island?

Well, come on Hans, you are the astrologer, you tell us the answer to that question.tongue.pnglaugh.png

It's 100% for sure, I did an astrology reading with a big boss of one of the ***** resorts today and he said it's going to happen but it will not be ready until May 2013

Did he mention the ski slope, and the tunnel and bridge to Surat by chance at any time?

I wonder how well these jets land on steep hills? As far as I am aware there is not any continuous flat area anywhere near TNP for a plane to land.

Well, come on Hans, you are the astrologer, you tell us the answer to that question.tongue.pnglaugh.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So let me get this right. you read some tarroo cards with a big boss from a resort and the cards told you that the big boss of a resort knows when an airport is going to be built. No wonder you put your trust in the sky to ask such aa question in a sicastic way on a Samui and koh Phangyang forum about weather or not a memeber who posted something on this thread lives on Phangyan which would bea coincidence i mean imiage the odds of someone on a samui and koh Phangayn forum actually living on Phangyan. the odds must be proper high like 2/1.

quality

Sorry don't mean to confuse you with making you need to answer more questions with bad spelling but can u ask the cards where SBK is from and can you ask the cards or the stars or what ever where i can find the best looking ladies on the island. I shall not tell u which island as it should be obviuos in the cards.

i like real lady ladies not lady boys. lady birds thanks red with black dots,

also can you tell memy oldpassword for my olde-mail accountas i have forgotten it.

oh yes if i was to wrestle a midget in a gimp costume. would i win or lose. cheers

also what was the truth behinde the kenedy assiniation

also who shot J.R?

What is the name of the first Alien to have visited me?

Was my wife born a woman?

Is it possible for a human to give birth to an animal in the future. would there be such a thing a mandogs?

Edited by BigC

So let me get this right. you read some tarroo cards with a big boss from a resort and the cards told you that the big boss of a resort knows when an airport is going to be built. No wonder you put your trust in the sky to ask such aa question in a sicastic way on a Samui and koh Phangyang forum about weather or not a memeber who posted something on this thread lives on Phangyan which would bea coincidence i mean imiage the odds of someone on a samui and koh Phangayn forum actually living on Phangyan. the odds must be proper high like 2/1.

quality

Sorry don't mean to confuse you with making you need to answer more questions with bad spelling but can u ask the cards where SBK is from and can you ask the cards or the stars or what ever where i can find the best looking ladies on the island. I shall not tell u which island as it should be obviuos in the cards.

also can you tell memy oldpassword for my olde-mail accountas i have forgotten it.

oh yes if i was to wrestle a midget in a gimp costume. would i win or lose. cheers

also who shot J.R?

Is it possible for a human to give birth to an animal in the future. would there be such a thing a mandogs?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

quality

also who shot J.R?

He knew you were going to ask those questions...

• 1 month later...

I did not say anything about jets.....I also mentioned landing strip. I am not living on Phangan, but next time you are around Tansadet waterfall near Kung Bungalow, have a look if you can spot the clearing (or the started clearing) of a 1.5 km long area.

I do live here,this being my 9th year and you are correct,work had stopped but now full activity!! Spoke with a few locals here.... it's not good news from what i hearwink.png But i fully go along with the funny comments,i have had many chuckles so thank you,but something big is happening their for sure that maybe my laughter will soon stop!!! From thischeesy.gif to thisw00t.gifsick.gif

Edited by kohphangan