I Lost 35 Kilos Is Just 6 Months

jaideecm

I think that the statement that Thai ladies prefer fat men is just a story put out by the Bavarian Embassy !

A lot of women don't like skinny men - and they would take fatter over skinny. Of course what is "fat" and what is "skinny" is open to interpretation.

I would guess that the OP was "more popular" at the higher body weight, but let's face it, at his age he's no superstar no matter what his weight is.

This leads us to another problem... Fat people who lose a ton of weight without a good resistance program to build muscle are not going to look too good when the fat has disappeared. They'll change from "fat" to "skinny fat".

I don't agree im pretty sure the OP is more popular now then at his other weight. But that is just my opinion. I find it a great feat that the OP did.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read that before and based on my experience I am inclined to believe it.

When I do resistance training i get very hungry afterwards and eat more than I normally would.

When I play squash I dont eat a long time beforehand and I dont eat a long time afterwards and dont get any great hunger pangs after doing a very heavy squash session.

Here's where whey protein comes in handy. I don't care how hungry you feel post workout, if you consume a decent serve of whey protein (suggest WPC) (I take in 70 grams of protein from WPC post workout) with a small quantity of carbs (eg banana or other fruit) your hunger will disappear for many hours. If the hunger starts creeping back, a small hand full of raw nuts will send it away again. Failing that, some tea or coffee.

PWO (weight session) is the only time you should high (or moderate) carb. It will facilitate muscle recovery by quickly replenishing muscle and liver glycogen stores. It's the one time you can eat carbs and not worry about them turning to fat even if you're insulin resistant. The quantity of carbs consumed should be determined by how hard you've trained. I monitor this by testing my blood sugar one hour after carb consumption. If the blood sugar goes too high, then I've eaten too much carb. If my blood sugar is below 100 mg/dl, then I've got it right.

I'm fairly inactive for the rest of the day after my workouts, so there's no need to consume much more carbs for the rest of day and all other meals are low carb... and that includes my pre-workout meal which is high protein and very low carb.

Yes I need to get into the habit of always taking some protein powder in a smoothie after a workout. I do sometimes but not always and then i tend to eat a lot and not necessarily all good stuff.

I too like good quality food and my body actually craves good quality food.By that I mean vegetables and fruit and good protein. I dont crave junk food generally because I dont feel good afterwards. My biggest problem with diet is that I travel a lot so it is hard finding what i want all the time.

Do you guys have any idea's about the difference of real proteins vs protein powder and feeling saturated. Currently im real low carb and in the morning i take 500grams of plain yoghurt, 30 grams of musli, 70 grams of protein powder 15 grams of flax seed oil. Quite a big breakfast calorie wise.

60 x 4 = 240 from the protein powder

100 calories from the musli

15 x 9 = 135 from the flax seed oil

and 350 from the yoghurt

But still im not feeling satisfied for long, this is my largest meal of the day after that i taper it down. Usually taking 300 grams of beef and 250 grams of mixed veggies (peas carrots corn and beans) and as last meal 4 eggs and 30 grams of cheese. Day total is around 2000 cals or a bit above it. I feel most satisfied from my egg meal so i am tempted to cut down on protein powder and boil some eggs in the morning.

Like your guys imput Tolley / tropo

Try adding the eggs to your first meal instead of the yogurt... or in addition to it. What about your kefir?

Do you guys have any idea's about the difference of real proteins vs protein powder and feeling saturated. Currently im real low carb and in the morning i take 500grams of plain yoghurt, 30 grams of musli, 70 grams of protein powder 15 grams of flax seed oil. Quite a big breakfast calorie wise.

and 350 from the yoghurt

But still im not feeling satisfied for long, this is my largest meal of the day after that i taper it down. Usually taking 300 grams of beef and 250 grams of mixed veggies (peas carrots corn and beans) and as last meal 4 eggs and 30 grams of cheese. Day total is around 2000 cals or a bit above it. I feel most satisfied from my egg meal so i am tempted to cut down on protein powder and boil some eggs in the morning.

Try adding the eggs to your first meal instead of the yogurt... or in addition to it. What about your kefir?

Still taking the kefir though the batch is again unproductive. I have no idea why they start of great and then fall back.

Yes i was thinking about changing some stuff so i take egg instead of protein powder. Maybe it will fill me up more.

I don't agree im pretty sure the OP is more popular now then at his other weight. But that is just my opinion. I find it a great feat that the OP did.

I'm confident that here in Thailand the fatter version would be preferred. (I showed my wife the photos and she definitely preferred the fatter OP). The skinny version just looks too emaciated. If he was lean and muscular that would have been different.

Anyway, don't diet for the girls, diet for your health. At that age the girls wouldn't care if he is fat or skinny - only how fat his wallet is.

while I had cereal for b'fast this morning, at 1000, and when I started on the internet at 1400 this afternoon, I required a packet of Lay crisps and 2 large donuts with cream to stave off feelings of starvation.

When I eat all that processed grain stuff I am constantly hungry, bloated, and tired. When I focus my diet on meat, eggs, greens and colorful veg, and avoid starch, sugar, alcohol and most dairy I feel fantastic strong, and thin. I suppose to each his own! smile.png

Actually, I only had the junk food because that's all there was available to eat at the IT cafe. I would have preferred a nice salad sandwich.

However, the snack didn't cause me to fall asleep, or expand beyond the limits of my belt. Might be a problem if that was my daily diet though.

Indeed, to each his own.

I have read that before and based on my experience I am inclined to believe it.

When I do resistance training i get very hungry afterwards and eat more than I normally would.

When I play squash I dont eat a long time beforehand and I dont eat a long time afterwards and dont get any great hunger pangs after doing a very heavy squash session.

Here's where whey protein comes in handy. I don't care how hungry you feel post workout, if you consume a decent serve of whey protein (suggest WPC) (I take in 70 grams of protein from WPC post workout) with a small quantity of carbs (eg banana or other fruit) your hunger will disappear for many hours. If the hunger starts creeping back, a small hand full of raw nuts will send it away again. Failing that, some tea or coffee.

PWO (weight session) is the only time you should high (or moderate) carb. It will facilitate muscle recovery by quickly replenishing muscle and liver glycogen stores. It's the one time you can eat carbs and not worry about them turning to fat even if you're insulin resistant. The quantity of carbs consumed should be determined by how hard you've trained. I monitor this by testing my blood sugar one hour after carb consumption. If the blood sugar goes too high, then I've eaten too much carb. If my blood sugar is below 100 mg/dl, then I've got it right.

I'm fairly inactive for the rest of the day after my workouts, so there's no need to consume much more carbs for the rest of day and all other meals are low carb... and that includes my pre-workout meal which is high protein and very low carb.

Yes I need to get into the habit of always taking some protein powder in a smoothie after a workout. I do sometimes but not always and then i tend to eat a lot and not necessarily all good stuff.

I too like good quality food and my body actually craves good quality food.By that I mean vegetables and fruit and good protein. I dont crave junk food generally because I dont feel good afterwards. My biggest problem with diet is that I travel a lot so it is hard finding what i want all the time.

and 350 from the yoghurt

Yep you cant beat eggs in the mrorning they keep you going for a long time. Poached or boiled is the way to go. BTW I am not a big fan of muesli but I assume you are mixing that with the yogurt?

and 350 from the yoghurt

Yep you cant beat eggs in the mrorning they keep you going for a long time. Poached or boiled is the way to go. BTW I am not a big fan of muesli but I assume you are mixing that with the yogurt?

I mix it with the yoghurt and the protein powder and the flax seed oil. Its a great meal good values and i actually like it. But if i eat it at 8.30 ill be hungry before the afternoon food. I just noticed that i stay full longer on the eggs. Might be because i eat those at night.

Actually i missed a few things that i also eat.. i might eat some blueberries or palm fruits too. Maybe a bit of dark bread with peanut butter.. all in all 2000-2200 cals.. but that is not much for a big guy like me. I weigh around 96kg starting to get lean, but not where i want to be yet. Going slow now that i am closer to my goals.

I mix it with the yoghurt and the protein powder and the flax seed oil. Its a great meal good values and i actually like it. But if i eat it at 8.30 ill be hungry before the afternoon food. I just noticed that i stay full longer on the eggs. Might be because i eat those at night.

It's perfectly normal to get hungry again in 4 hours no matter what you eat. That's a sign of a healthy digestive system in an active person. I think you're expecting too much from your food. If you want to cap your calories that low, you should expect that you're going to have times throughout the day where you're going to feel hungry. I don't think you're ever going to lose fat without feeling hungry if you're exercising and burning more calories than you consume.

Perhaps you may do it easier if you divide your calories into 4 or 5 smaller (calorie equal) meals so you don't have to wait so long before you eat again. This is a technique Tom Venuto endorses in "Feed the Muscle, Burn the Fat".

Edited by tropo

Actually guys, what i mean is that i could eat again in one hour after this. I never feel full. That is the problem, but even after a real heavy carb meal i wont feel super full.

Anyway i dared to step on the scales again and i lost .8 kg since last time i weighed so something must be going well. It kinda confirms that my abs are getting in better shape. This was just a visual inspection of course but this confirms it. I also got more vascular on my arms.. so that is a good sign too.

Today i am going to take some skin fold measurements like tropo said. Just at my belly so i can see that too. Actually I am happy that my weight went down a bit. Though at this point i was only aiming for a higher weight or a stable weight with less fat (meaning more muscle). But seems i lost weight too and look bigger. So things are going my way. Think im just real impatient or insecure. Its just hard to check progress at times. The skinfold measurements are hard to do. But i must just do them.