Its Raining In Chiang Rai

dindong

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a joy to get out on the mountain bike today. The trails were in great shape after the rain and I could actually breath deeply and not cough or gag.

Though not crystal clear one could again see all the surrounding mountains. Lets see how long it lasts. I have already seen one very smoky fire this evening.

• 1 month later...

You think?

No solid... or in this case... less than solid... proof?

I wouldn’t want to be accused of jumping to conclusions without adequate testing and verifiable data but I am willing to hazard a guess that all that water in the fields came from somewhere.wink.png Edited by villagefarang

• 3 weeks later...

Starbucks can't do without you for another day? cool.png

Starbucks?…I wish. My wife was registering for some university classes this morning. Then we went to the Mall for lunch at Fuji, payment for something at the bank, clothes shopping, Tops, plants from the nursery, a couple of 5star chickens from the roadside stand and finally the market in Wiangchai. Just a typical day in town except that I didn’t have time for Starbucks. I guess they can do without me for another day.wink.pngcoffee1.gif laugh.png Edited by villagefarang

What plants did you buy?

The little woman did the buying and I really don’t know my plants. I do know she is looking for interesting trees and edible plants for the front field. It is a big open area so I’m pretty sure today's additions won’t make much of a dent. Think longterm project.

What plants did you buy?

The little woman did the buying and I really don’t know my plants. I do know she is looking for interesting trees and edible plants for the front field. It is a big open area so I’m pretty sure today's additions won’t make much of a dent. Think longterm project.

At least she has the priority right....food not that pretty stuff.

Cats & Dogs / buckets is a good picture of the rainfall today from what my wife tells me. :)

Just to add, being a consumer I'm not a fan of Starbucks at Central. I've been to more than my fair share of stores in some pats of the world and the baristas (sic!) here need to go back to school. Their coffee blend making skills are rubbish or the coffee is low quality or both. Some of the best I've had is Starbucks on the Corniche in Muscat, Oman.

I'm not really an expert on coffee, I suspect once milk and sugar is added it all tastes very similar, much like spirits when Coke is added.

I'll admit though that I can't see the point in paying Starbucks prices when I enjoy less well promoted cafes just as much.

I'm not really an expert on coffee, I suspect once milk and sugar is added it all tastes very similar, much like spirits when Coke is added.

I'll admit though that I can't see the point in paying Starbucks prices when I enjoy less well promoted cafes just as much.

You know you wouldn’t have to pay at Starbucks. I am more than willing to buy friendship, “likes” and favorable comments on TV. Just look at my profile page.laugh.pngthumbsup.gifcoffee1.gif Edited by villagefarang

I was going to say that my few entries into Starbucks have only been on sighting someone who would be likely to buy me a coffee. laugh.png

Lunching today at LeM., now there's something I'm willing to pay for. smile.png

Let us know how lunch goes. The last time we were there, the wife and I were not impressed. Maybe it was just an off day so would like your review of today’s meal. Heard a rumor that they may have lost their chef.

To be frank I felt it below the standard to which I have become accustomed.

They were over booked, the place was packed with some tour group of one of the push and shove ethnicities and football type tactics were required to get at the food.

The desert table, while still looking nice, lacked it's normal variety.

Even the coffee was ordinary.

Back to topic.

We had quite a good rain where we are and this morning I checked http://www.tmd.go.th/en/climate.php to see how much the official figures were and found that

Chiang Rai got 127.6 mm and Chiang Rai Agromet. got 19.4 mm.

That seem to be a little bit strange.

So where are these places?

I earlier got the information that "Chiang Rai" is at the new airport and that "Chiang Rai Agromet." is in the middle of the city.

Anyone out there that got better information?

This time of year, I can often sit outside dry as a bone and watch thunderstorms pass to the East or West of us. Unless a weather station is located right next door I don’t see actual measured statistics as much use if one lives here. The storms and subsequent rainfall measurements tend to be very localized.

(This is an unsolicited opinion on the topic of rain and not an attempt to answer any specific questions.)

It was raining in Chiangrai when we left on 3rd June and hasnt stopped since arrived in Perth. Floods all over Aussie and last night a mini tornado went through a few suburbs in Perth. We are up north on WA coast and its really blowing. My wife is pi--d off as she wants to do some fishing but she would be blown away. Looks like settling down by Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...