Its Raining In Chiang Rai

dindong

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the first coat down just after the rain, and it stayed away long enough to get the top coat dry.

Putting up more blocks today, but they can take some rain.

<deleted> hot here today.

It's amazing how it can go from a cooling downpour to a blazing inferno in what seems like no time at all. So what is the wall for? You trying to keep critters in or people out?

Actually I am rebuilding /reinforcing concrete tanks for fish. I built them initially for frogs (before I moved up here) but they were not made strong enough to hold deeper water for fish.

I decided fish are more interesting than frogs.

That option hadn’t crossed my mind. Fish tanks definitely sound better than frog tanks. I’m lazy and just dug a hole.wink.png

Raining this morning and it looks like one of those all day sorts of rains. Not a hint of blue anywhere.sad.png

In our village on the lake opposite Phayao we have had very little rain. There are showers and storms around us but very little rain for us. The rain seems to hang about the mountains. It looks like we are going to get good rain but it just seems to elude us.

Thunder and wind - the rain is on it's way to me in Yonok

Come and gone

What a profound and fascinating thread! biggrin.png

When the topic was started back in March we were suffering from extremely bad smoke pollution and hadn't had rain for quite a while so it was quite a big deal when it started to rain, not sure why it needs constant updates during the rainy season though but each to their own.

Plus, it is fun.

Think of it as a modern day version of people communicating by shortwave radio, something like that. Hunkered down in their houses while the rain and thunder are going outside.

Well thunder stuffs up communications a bit with having to disconect during storms to avoid ruining the gear..........but I guess storms interfered with Shortrave too.