Its Raining In Chiang Rai

dindong

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks as if soon I may have to start staying inside all the time with my Hatari air filters. I am not looking forward to it so I hope the rain keeps up for longer. Not that I want it to rain on anyone's Loy Kratong parade. Not nice the rice straw burning pictures that have been appearing. Can't we persuade everyone to build their houses of straw or something.

Edited by harrry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What gives?

Are we getting more rain in November than we got in October?

It seems to rain a little every day, and there have been some real corkers.

The rice harvest is taking forever.

In the Bangkok Post today the weather dept has predicted that the rains will continue( heavy and light) right through the winter months.

What gives?

Are we getting more rain in November than we got in October?

It seems to rain a little every day, and there have been some real corkers.

The rice harvest is taking forever.

In the Bangkok Post today the weather dept has predicted that the rains will continue( heavy and light) right through the winter months.

I don't recall ever so much rain in november...Loy Kratong was close to a wash out and it seems the rains are still coming and it's december...Thai friend said it was first time in 30 years that big rain on Loy Kratong. All of my normal walking trails along the river are still muddy when normally by this time they are all dried out.

Anyway...obviously nothing to be done but sit back and enjoy it. I suspect someone will turn the tap off pretty soon and then we will get into the cool DRY season for a couple of months.

Edited by pomchop

They said in the news a couple of days ago,that it will continue whit rain until Songkran,and that it will not be as cold as usual.

Really...?

Where did you see that Brian? I have family coming over for Christmas and I certainly hope that is not the case. Although we won't be spending all of our time 'up north', they won't be too happy if it is raining all the time!

And nor will I due to it being my holiday time too! sad.png

I only see short term forecasts (which don't look great, but anyway...) - I'm guessing this weather system will have gone in the next week or so?! This time last year we had blue skies and fresh mornings...

Wednesday evening , I was just settling down for another cold evening infront of the camp fire , when the sky opened the gates and it absolutely heaved it down . My front drive was flooded in minutes . It lasted about 1 hour where I live . Spoke to friends living near the border , they said it had rained buckets there about an hour before it hit us . Did anyone else notice that unexpected down pour ?

Wednesday evening , I was just settling down for another cold evening infront of the camp fire , when the sky opened the gates and it absolutely heaved it down . My front drive was flooded in minutes . It lasted about 1 hour where I live . Spoke to friends living near the border , they said it had rained buckets there about an hour before it hit us . Did anyone else notice that unexpected down pour ?

Absolutely POURED in doi hang sometime on wed night but i didn't even look to see the time....but it rained hard enough to wake me from a dead sleep.....I don't ever recall that much rain this late in December in Northern Thailand. Guess I will have to mow the yard again just when i thought i was done with that for a while.